DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Emerald Caves again - Shadow of Doom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Shihi
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 2 / 22 EXP: 2 / 22 EXP: 2 / 22
 9%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:01 am    Post subject: Emerald Caves again - Shadow of Doom Reply with quote

This happened today:
Im playing Florina again. I went to the emerald caves went invis, went to the place of the render. Found two people waiting for the renders. I asked for invite, got invited (seems to work for most people without getting paranoic).
Render appeared after some time and we battle them down. We take the book and go to the altar.
We enter the room of the lord. Suddenly Shadow of Doom pops out of nowhere, I invite her. We are now 4 persons. We go and kick render lords butt. Shadow grabs the key and logs out.
If someone doesnt know shadow already he/she might throw a glance on this thread:
http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=714&start=0
Yeah its the same Jon316 which makes those unreadable (but professional hey!) posts about other people thiefing books.
Anyway. He logs in with a char called "Angel of death" (*shiver*). I send a tell "Hey, please log in with key so we can get the emerald items." He replies that
a) He hasnt the key.
Which is wrong as 3 person saw him going to the lootback the lord dropped and the bag vanished before he logged out.
b) the badger ate the key
Problem is... there is no badger. No badger.

Which leads to the conclusion that Jon316 is nothing more than an idiot which cant make readable (but _professional_ icon_lol.gif ) postings and a simple lootgrabber/PKer.

If someone wants a prove ask one of the following guys in game:
Kellner Dragonbait or Midge Longmarsh.

Shihi
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
This incident seems to me to simply be a case of nice stealing icon_wink.gif
Yes it is very mean and evil. But not wrong in RP-ways.
He simply got you to trust him well enough so he could steal the key.
I understand that you are angry at him (believe me, I would to).
But no offensive rule breaking it seems.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, thats totally RP
so i suggest to u, kill shadow of doom and any of his LoS friends
trust me..they wont put up much of fight

and when u do kick their crappy butts, they will threaten have u banned emot-yum.gif
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? This isn't a simple case of stealing, cause a RPed theft doesn't include logging out to prevent facing consequences... You know, these kinds of incidents are exactly why even "hardcore-RP" servers have strict rules about theft or completely ban it. It's to easy for a griefer to exploit the game mechanics to harass other players. It's absolutely lame and certainly no RP to steal and flee to no-PVP areas, and it's even more lame to steal and log out. icon_rolleyes.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Dreamin' forgot that part.
That he left was really lame. He should stay and try to get out of there and into a city or something. Before leaving.
Shame shame.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed dreamin, had he stolen the item and ran off to safety instead of relogging to make sure he kept the item it would be a matter of outsmarting you but relogging makes it a really pathetic act.
I think maybe what a mod needs is a script allowing you to choose only one character/server restart and something preventing refresh relogging.
Might be harsh but it seems the only way to stop this shit. With those scripts in place you can't relog without dying (and yea that sucks if your computer acts up like mine on occasion and you HAVE to relog but apparently people aren't able to act mature on their own) plus you won't be able to change character when faced with a situation playing as the character you chose.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl lmao..... funny funny funny shihi =D
anyway not hardly do i pop outta no where icon_smile.gif we teamed up when i arrived after i found the portal open so i partied up and i took down the render and simply grabbed the key and logged off nothing else... if i want to play as another character its my own damn right as a player and there aint nothing aginst it in RP or the rules so shove off loser emot-yum.gif
heh...
pathetic quest rushers mad because someone is going to start paying them back....

I SAY THIS TO ALL YOU QUEST RUSHING PEEPS, BEWARE.... DEATH CAN COME SWIFTLY....

heh...

either way if i wanna just log out i can its not like i have to be 1 char all the time ya stupid sh!ts jesus.... f00king nerds is what you are and if you get back stabbed and left dead dont be a little bitch and start up shouting saying "GO TO THE FORUMS AND LOOK IN RANTS SECTION FOR WHAT THIS PERSON DID TO ME!" thats bad RP anyway and conrad can verify that he was on when you said it.... heh.... since im true neutral if i wanna say its rp i can be evil or good doesent matter
THIS TIME i got you florina heheh.... too bad.... last time i actually helped a few peeps out in getting the trasure and only took 1 piece of the armor,

if you guys are reading this go ahead and say hi to shihi hehe..

Muric Fearinson and Nicka aylows or something close... either way we teamed up after i killed the lesser renders and basically i killed the dark lord solo except for when muric gave me a heal then we went and eliminated the grunts and i opened the chest, muric ID'ed everything with his wizardly lore and i gave everything except the belt away so if i wanna be a goody goody one day then be an evil backstabbing monster the next i can...

either way i dont give much credit or even any worries about an exploiting relogging wall pushing loser like shihi.. lol..

losers emot-yum.gif

dont cry when you get backstabbed its RP.
dont start crying and using shout when you get backstabbed that aint RP.

too bad nerds get a life if ur so damn worried about a freaking game, not like you guys are short of money, especially you shihi, ur florina char has done the emerald quest over 20 times, i kno because ive counted and just seen u rushing ASAP when server resets so dont complain bitch.
Jon316
PostThu 11/14/02 8:17pm
god i love the rants section icon_twisted.gif  Reply with quote

Arniz
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27
 22%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_smile.gif
Well but im sure you wont like the Dyso server itself for long icon_twisted.gif

Llewlan

btw. made a funy screenshot about your relogging activity after you blamed me as relogging cheater. Sanctiomonious dumbass!
dreamin'
PostThu 11/14/02 8:35pm
Wow, you admit pulling that logout-stunt and think it's RP icon_rolleyes.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just be freinds.
Start loving eachother instead of complaining.

I can begin; I love you!

now everyone:
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh ... I had a relatively nice post that wasn't too long (by my standards) that was eaten by the server ... so the second one here isn't going to be as good, I'll just get to the points.

I was more or less OK (not thrilled) with this story until the logoff part. No matter how it's sliced, it's lame. Sure anyone can logoff any time they like (or lose network connection etc) but the timing and all else considered ... anyone with a brain sees it for what it was. Revenge factor and all considered, it's still lame.

Second issue, rather related, is the whole god/ability thing. I know lots of people who just pick their god based on what the god will do for them and don't play an iota of what such a follower would actually say or do. For example ... plenty of rogues worship Mask ... but play a totally malign evil character. Mask isn't a malign and evil figure and wouldn't be terribly favorable of such a devotee. I know there are limitations on the gods available currently and that plays a role in this ... but I see it as a problem that will continue even when there are "evil" gods to pick.

At any rate ... these things and other issues (like the Caverns being the only big loot quest around at the moment) make it so there's always at least a few groups trying to do that quest. They invariably come into conflict and don't always wish to work together. Then it boils down to he said and she said to the moderator (or anyone who will listen). I wash my hands of the situation henceforth.

If you go on that quest, expect the worst. Expect someone to kill you just as you are about to finish it. Expect someone to swoop in and steal the key or the book. Expect to find someone else already at the Darklord after you just toiled with the twins for a while. Expect it and when it happens, don't cry to me about cheaters because with so many variations of the truth out there ... I don't want to hear it any more. Unless a moderator was right there when it happened, it's impossible to tell who was more in the right and who was more in the wrong ... and usually there's plenty of blame to share. Even if the moderator IS there, they can't be watching the whole zone at the same time so it's still next to impossible to know all the facts. If bad stuff happens to you in there, oh well ... so sorry, too bad, wait an hour and try again.

It's unfortunate that it comes to this for me, but I grow tired of the finger pointing and accusations mixed with partial truths and incomplete stories. A few groups of folks have taken it upon themselves to make that quest priority one over and over during their time on the server and to hell with everyone (and everything) else when they are after it. I can't police that, it's an untenable situation ... so forget it, police yourselves ... I have newbs I can be helping thru the Eleriina valley.

So in the future ... save the yells, tells, and shouts about this crap. I'm not going to concern myself with the area much unless I have nothing else better to do. I will, however, be more than happy to jail anyone who feels the need to shout about so-and-so just stealing the quest out from under them. This zone is going to need the attention and effort from Gesh and Bri to make it work the way it should work ... and as we've seen, even when redone, folks still found a way to cheat it. I'd rather be talking to the newbs in most cases at this point.
1n5an3 K1D
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Nicely said Conrad. I agree but let me tell you. Reply with quote

Dear People of Dysotopia,

Yes i know some people have caught me cheating, if u call going thru wall that is. Yes i know. Its stupid and a rush for money than u could get finding 6 ogre eaters, which i did once in 30 min! icon_surprised.gif . But anyway Yes. I do not even go on emerald quest anymore. I quit my sorc. 1 reason is, I would go there. Yes there are always conflicts. yes if u do get the book. Yes there are the wall goer thruers. So i say. Let's all lay off the emerald. I mean it will stop the hate. Why not make some new chars fool around with lets have some nice roleplaying, not to mention some bards ( hardly ever seen any). Its just money. So if anyone would like to make a new char ill gladly play with u. Yes i did admit going through wall, yes i am that mature. and yes i do not do it anymore. If u want exact calculation i have done it 5 times. Thank you all. And i hope this can resolve some conflicts we all have especially including me. Whoever i have offended. Stealed from, etc. Lets all put it behind us. This is roleplaying,mature server. And i will now. and hopefully some of u all too. Will start doing our parts.

Written by
Bryce.

Brycy Boy lvl 10 Ranger
Dgk lvl 20 Sorcerer
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one suggestion though..
Conrad mentions a moderator having to be there... this can also be accomplished by making screenshots.
Make lots and lots of screenshots of conversations and ppl moving through walls and such.. That should be sufficient evidence (and don't even think about photoshopping the screenies, subtle differences tell between an original and a fake screenshot).
1n5an3 K1D
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Nefi. lets gow ith my plan just stop. Reply with quote

The pictures will not solve anything. Just make more arguments etc. I just dont go emerald anymore. Im waitin for the good stuff (tHanks Gesh,Gorb, and Bri)
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: stupid mofo's Reply with quote

lol thats about it for me im done argueing hehe... no one can prove anything and all it is, is stupid arguement that no one will ever really know what happens time to quit talkin and time to do some action icon_twisted.gif dont complain if you find yourself dead in the water from a unseen assassin...

and one thing i wont put up with is ME not being able to log out whenever the hell i want I AM NOT FUCKING AT A JOB ITS A GOD DAMN GAME YOU F*CKING IDIOTS if i want to log out to go take a SH*T i can and I AINT GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE TO KEEP PLAYING TILL I CANT HOLD IT ANYMORE and if i want to log out and PLAY AS ANOTHER CHAR for a while ITS MY OWN GODAMN RIGHT BECAUSE I BOUGHT THE GAME AND I CAN EXIT OR PLAY WHENEVER THE HELL I WANT!
THIS STUPID ASS GAME DONT OWN MY LIFE!

you people have no life outside this game..... all you do is play the same server over and over with no knowledge that the world is a bigger place..... throughout my time playing NWN i have seen it so much, people think because they have their own little world that they are something special or unique, they aint... while dysotopia itself is a great mod, there is a bigger world outside of 1 module and while dysotopia ranks without a doubt in the top 3 the sore thing lacking from it is ... nice people...or competent role players i see so many peeps with just an empty deso, or a stupid sentance like "<<<<<you cant touch this>>>>>" it makes me sick because i know competent role players will have at least a page long deso, take a look at conrad for example.... he at least has some background and a story behind it.... anyway im done talking i think i need a break from games for about a year or so maybe ill go back to playing renegade i just going to go outta NWN so i dont have to compete and argue with fools all day long...

ah yes.... renegade.... i snipe someone in the head and they die and then scream "WTF MOTHER F*CKER!!!" then im perfectly at ease because it aint RP and nothin to do with anything but being mad at dying and in that game thats good everything is about killing heh.... then i turn around and 2 minutes later im shot dead in the head and he says "HAHAHAHA OWNED U !!!" and then i scream "WTF MOTHER F*CKER!!!" .... and we eventually turn out to be war buddies later on hehe..... thats the way that games should go but they dont cause peeps cant get rid of a grudge until they start killing peeps back, unfortunate but its something that i would understand in renegade....

but in NWN? No. there is no reason to raise someone then just be an ass over and over to em... after a day or so you should just forget the past and let em be, who knows you might even become some good friends with them but you will never know, why you ask? because you keep ordering PK wars on this person and killing them over and over until they just up and leave the game and never come back....

anyway im done talking i dont have alotta time this morning and i got stuff to do so i leave you with this: The world is a big place, much bigger than your little world of lackeys and hack and slash people who just rush quests as soon as server resets...

later.... stay cool icon_cool.gif
Conrad Hollows
PostFri 11/15/02 10:49pm
Jon ... I gotta say ... you have a way with words, bruthah. icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

CarLoks
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if you don't want ppl looting Emerald cave again and again..Plz DM make a place for loot money..............such as skeleton drop money again.! ! ! icon_lol.gif
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeletons are dropping money.
Trolls are dropping money.
Houses are lootable.
Sylvan basement is lootable.
Spiders drop items.
People are greedy.
People still don't get the point of roleplaying...

It's not about how much gold you carry, it's about how you play the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: