DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

No more Autosave on Linux Chars are still saved every 60 sec

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: No more Autosave on Linux Chars are still saved every 60 sec Reply with quote

I have added a feature that will save all chars every 60 sec it is called EXPORT it is a command line that has been added to 1.26. So you won't see the autosave but your char will be saved and you wont loose anymore xp, gold, and items within 60 sec so it is even better than autosave.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
PostMon 10/21/02 12:03pm
Sounds usefull and less disurbing than autosave. Also will make certain exploits less frequent.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 10/21/02 2:18pm
Yes, good one Bri!
Me like.

Traenol
PostMon 10/21/02 5:07pm
Thanks Bri ... lost quite a bit of work last week!  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
PostMon 10/21/02 5:58pm
What will it do to server load?  Reply with quote

BriHurley
PostMon 10/21/02 6:07pm
I haven't really noticed a difference but it does seem that the mod is reloading more often now???  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 10/21/02 6:43pm
hooray, u still owe me 400k for compensation for my 4 lvl loss  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 10/21/02 8:46pm
Mwuaha.
Yeah

Conrad Hollows
PostMon 10/21/02 10:04pm
Not sure if the reloading is any more often than usual, perhaps a bit ... but I still like this CLI method better than the old autosave.  Reply with quote

Jenus
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sound's great long as it work's properly. And if so wouldn't it be alot less stressful to the server to then trun off autosave all togeather? It should help with the lag and crashing.
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostTue 10/29/02 8:10pm
i dont think he has the Export thing working in the new server  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I am new as you can tell by this being only my second post. I have experienced losses because the game save failed work very often. The only reliable way to protect aginst this is to exit then re log, I never do this in battle, to get a free heal or to get out of a PP attack.
I hope that someday, you will be able to rely on a save to actually work everytime.
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this working once before and I will get the Export working again. But in the mean time I have turned on autosave on for player characters protection.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostWed 11/27/02 5:54am
yes people are being drawn away because of saving errors on SUSE.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: