DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

COMPLAINT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: COMPLAINT Reply with quote

Nearly every Saturday or Sunday night my time GMT +8 I come home switch on and sit sit sit waiting waiting.....to no avail no Dyso..Maybe not a complaint but a cry of sadness Dyso is usually off Asia evening time Can this be changed please please
View users profile Send private message
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent changes to Dyso have made it more stable, but when the server is full, it appears that sometimes that Dyso goes down from the heavy load. Most often it comes back very quickly, but sometimes it doesn't. I seems that, at those times if the server is not manually restarted, it won't return untill the next day.
The dedicated server, which holds 12 charactors, Is often up.
Unfortunatly it doesn't have the same vault (from my perspective) of available charactors as the Main or back up server. Still it is Dyso, and better than no Dyso.
I hope this helps you M-K.

Grok
Proud member of the order of the White Rose
M-K
PostSun 12/08/02 12:11pm
Unfortunatly recently.....like at this very time 9.14 pm Japan.. it is also not available and Saturday this week and last Sat Sun the same  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostSun 12/08/02 1:47pm
Make the server reload itself every 2 hours, that way it will never be up long enough to crash from.. up time...  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Drud. That sounds like a fine idea.
Always restart every 2 hours...hmm yes very good.
Hope Bri agrees icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
PostSun 12/08/02 5:44pm
that'd be interesante, and maybe in game char saves would be good, to save the trubble of login n logowt...  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri and I discussed this as well. Only we were talking about doing a reload every 8 to 12 hours (when game activity is low.) I'd also like to run a backup of the system in this window. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to install more RAM into the main linux server, which would reduce lag big time, and make the server be able to run longer before crashing. I'm hoping to get 1 GB of RAM into it within the next month, and hefty improvement being that it's at 384MB currently. I'll keep updates on this, and try to get with Bri this week on this issue.

Also, Grok you mentioned the servervaults aren't the same. Are you using suse.dyosotopia.com and linux.dysotopia.com (65.119.181.62:5121 and 65.119.181.61:5121) These two systems share the same RAID 1 hard drive.
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a Test Dubisoft server that holds only 12 people that uses an old copy of the servervault. This is for testing changes before they get sent to main servers.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: