DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Order of The Howling Wolf
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: The Order of The Howling Wolf Reply with quote

Dear People of Dysotopia,

I am appalled, I am appalled by the mind-boggling behaviour of most of the people here. They steal, kill, rob, raise taxes and whatnot. It is absolutely incredible that the people who do this still live.
It is incredible that they seem to reappear, even when you are sure that they had died.
They should realise, that by doing those immoral things they are not only hurting others, but also themselves.
Is it not better to talk your way out of a fight, then to go in there and risk getting killed?
Is it not better to legally earn your money than to steal it, and risk getting caught or killed by other immoral people, like you?
I say it is.

I once had the same problem, I thought I was invincible, and that I suffered from the illusion that money mattered. It does not, what do you need money for?
The only thing that you need money for is to sustain yourself. This means that you buy clothes, and food and shelter. And, perhaps, so as you are able to survive, equipment.
So, it is not a moral thing to kill someone or something for money, it is not a moral thing to kill someone or something to get better. You can earn money with a job, and you can get better by training., and not by killing other people. Ofcourse you may have to kill sometimes, to survive, but it is safer to kill as little as possible.

To solve these problems, and to get the people of Dysotopia to realise the importance of not destroying their body and soul by killing and stealing, I have created the Order of the Howling Wolf.
I have chosen the Howling Wolf as an icon, because the wolf is an honorable creature, it kills out of necessity, to feed and protect oneself. It also lives reasonably peacefully in a community. The reason the wolf howls in the icon, is because it is trying to warn people, that they are squandering their lives and souls.

Now, when you want to join, you will need to submit a sum of 40k in gold, that will represent that you do not care for money, and that you are willing to give up an old way of life. YOU WILL REGAIN THIS MONEY, when you help more people, and you do better things in this world. You will gain a new status within the order, and you will regain your money piece by piece when you do so. Until you have regained all of your money.

To gain a new status within the order you will need to help people, in any way you can, and you will need to be able to prove it to me.

Finally, if you have succeeded in regaining all your money, you will gain powers within the guild.

If anyone wishes to join they can submit their membership here, or tell me.

/Shadow Randor

[edit]:

List of Guild members:

Leaders:
Shadow Randor
Raisthenal Maelenshareon

Guardians:
Master Ecusidor

Protector:
Elextra

Initiate:

Last edited by ShadowCore on Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:49 pm, edited 22 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A membership fee? He's running Dyso's first Country Club! Tally-ho!

Why didn't Hash think of this first? Hash ... you're slipping, buddy. icon_smile.gif
zak_fel
PostMon 12/16/02 12:54pm
hahahahaahahaha icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Uin
PostMon 12/16/02 12:59pm
Theres already guilds that do good deeds, try something a little more original.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is different, this one actually requires you to sacrifice something for good. And it speaks of moral decay, and the spiritual health of someone.
And besides its not corrupted.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it will concentrate on morals and spirituality it might be different from the other forces of "good". Hope you keep to the straight and narrow path.
I'll be watching your back (well more the pouch dangling from your belt...)
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it may sound suspicious, but I dont need money(cant think of anything better to purchase than what I already have as a monk), and I know its the only way to make sure people arent getting in there without any good reason. This makes them sacrifice something.

Raisthenal
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore,
I, Raisthenal Maelenshareon, am a Ranger who feels a special kinship with Nature's wolf. More importantly, I believe that this 'guild' you wish to start is founded on excellent beliefs, morals, and ideals. If I understand you correctly, it would not be a group of holy self-righteous pretenders, but people who truly care about nothing else than helping their fellow living creatures.
However, I must disagree with you on the point of money a bit: I believe that it *is* necessary to have some in order to properly function in the world as we know it (besides food and shelter, etc.), and to hopefully bring enlightening influence and help make others aware of how they can better live in harmony with Nature. If I had thousands upon thousands of gold I was not using, I would gladly donate to your worthy cause. However, should I and others who wish to join with you be excluded for one of the very reasons that you fight against: money? I simply cannot afford 40,000 gold, indeed, if I had that much, I would better feed and equip myself for the perils of the wild, being still a relatively new adventurer.
I offer a compromise: I will give you all I can, and continue to do so, until I make the mark you have set. After that, you need not give it back to me, for while I earn my way, I will already, every day, be helping others who deserve such, with no thought of benefit to myself.

For that is the code of Raisthenal, son of Ramerilar.

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept your offer, and will accept anyone such offer by anyone else, unless i feel there are good reasons I shouldnt.

Welcome in the order Raisthenal, son of Ramerilar

Glorin
PostMon 12/16/02 8:10pm
too many people are going to turn into the corrupt roses.....  Reply with quote

Raisthenal
PostMon 12/16/02 8:13pm
Thank you, most gracious Shadowcore. I hope that together we can set an example of goodwill to the people of Dysotopia.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
PostMon 12/16/02 8:40pm
All money must be paid by friday.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 12/16/02 9:44pm
i have a feeling this whole thing is a commercial scam copying the white rose.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostMon 12/16/02 9:56pm
me too... i really think this is a scam... especially since there's a final date on payments...
be ready for some backlash

Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lost Guard of Glorin will gladly hunt down Shadow Core to protect the investments of the People if he is indeed doing this as a scam. The Lost Guard openly stands against the hipocracies of everyday life and are doing all we can to stop degenerate loonies such as this to end their trades in Dysotopia.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have already stated before, this is not a scam!!!!!!!

I do NOT need any more money, nor do I want it, the final date only goes for the ones who signed on yesterday, and the final payment date will be 5 days after entry. If you have not paid by then, you must prove to me that you are worth it, usually by helping some people(this can be done in many ways).

And, as I have said before, YOU WILL REGAIN THE MONEY!
But, if you are doing good, you will not care about the money, and thus I will know that I will be giving the money back to someone who will do good with it.

Also, THIS WILL NOT BE LIKE THE WHITE ROSE, anyone caught helping others in the name of the Howling Wolf by killing or when asking(or accepting) money for it, will be thrown out of the guild, and punished for it.(Ofcourse those who do that wil NOT regain the money, instead it will be given to the nearest good temple).

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear people of Dysotopia

I think that yesterdays events have shown why we need a guild like ours.
For anyone who doesnt know yet: After the speech, mere seconds afterwards actually, a Balor Prime and a Balor Warrior attacked all who were attending the speech, both good AND evil.

That is why we will try to do something about that.
But before we can act, we must have more information, so I now ask of YOU, not only members of the guild, to start colecting information, if you find any information about the attack, I beg of you, tell it to one of the guild members, or me. When we have enough information, we will act, in our own way.

Raisthenal
Adept

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly, I will defend to the best of my abilities any who would harm another living thing that is not evil. And even evil things do not deserve death unless they bring it upon themselves. This is how I hope the Guild of the Howling Wolf will be perceived by all good folk.

If Glorin and Red H. wish to spread fear, uncertainly, and doubt about good people trying to band together to fight ANY form of injustice, I think that it is clear to see that they do this only to have the most power in Dysotopia. Their words sound sweet at first, but I am always left with an odd aftertaste...

Some people may view the Guild of the Howling Wolf as splintering good people further apart who should all be joined together under a group such as the White Rose. This is not so. The Howling Wolf exists to do good as the White Rose, but whether what has been said is true or not, many people no longer trust in them. We hope to be able to assure people that there are people who exist solely to help others, even to the extent of giving up any extra material things. We cannot be corrupted, for we do not care for extra monies, and we will not kill without provocation, for we never wish to upset the balance of Nature.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`Raisthenal has said it all, thre is little too add to what he has said, and he has gained a lot of respect in my eyes.

Now if anyone wishes to doubt us, they may, but know that they are wrong.

laz
PostTue 12/17/02 5:01pm
No Glorin this is nothing like the WhiteRose, we foucs on values not the money has to be in by Friday.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I revoke that decision, it was stupid of me, but I thought it would be a good thing to do, because that way people could not postpone paying forever, but Ill find something for it

Raisthenal
Adept

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowcore, I think we should let in anyone who wishes to join as an "initiate" of sorts, for lack of a better word, if they prove to the Guild that they are good-hearted. A contribution to the Guild to be distributed to young, inexperienced adventurers of non-evil intent should be made every so often, or a Guild member can keep track of those s/he has given monies to, and let you know who they are, so you (or we, I would be honored to help with this) can check with those individuals.

Let us restate that the point of our Guild collecting gold is NOT to hoard it for ourselves. It is to give it to those who are in need. The wealth of the world should be evenly distributed to all who mean well. Unlike the WhiteRose (and everyone else, too), we do not all keep all our gold for ourselves. Gold is meaningless except for the basic necessities of life, and also in the case of the life of an adventurer, to keep your armour strong, blade sharp, and quiver full.
Ecusidor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Randor asked of me to notify the guild of any information regarding the attacks from Balors.

Here goes: I heard that not only Eleriina was attacked by 2 Balors during the speech, but that more locations were under attack by fiends from Hell! That sounds like an invasion, I also heard a rumor that something more powerfull than Hell has opened its gates and sends Hellspawn upon us. On bot evil and good! This conserns us all, and we need more information about this matter if we want to do something about this!

Yours truly, Master Ecusidor, Order of the Howling Wolf initiate member.
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is a good idea, Raisthenal, but I am not sure how we should implement it. We should have a guild meeting soon, to talk about these things, how about 20:30 GMT next friday?
Do you know a good location?

Solo_Core
PostTue 12/17/02 7:24pm
as you know i'm in.  Reply with quote

Ecusidor
Hero

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it seems that there is a lot more to this Balor matter. I have been informed that there is going to be a war between heaven and hell, and earth will serve as its battlefield! This is dire news indeed! The person I spoke with said that a celestial being apeared infront of him and told him that he should seek out a "champion for heaven". I am still uncertain if we should join heavens side in this war... I am sure that time will tell... Know that joining heaven seems like the wisest choice right now, for hell will certainly destroy all living things!

"Hell's ways are always clearly evil, and focussed on destruction of all things. Though the ways of Heaven are often unclear and mysterious indeed..."

Master Ecusidor, Protector of the Order of the Howling Wolf.
Ecusidor
Hero

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is not a scam! Now: I sold all my powerful material things to come up with the 40k, and already regained 10k for my services to the people and to the Order.

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
Raisthenal
Adept

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dreamt of the world coming to an end often recently, and the dreams seem all too real. If I must make a choice in a matter such as this, I would choose to side with heaven. Hopefully it will not come to this, though.

ooc: Shadowcore, Unfortunately that's too early for me. The earliest I can get online this Friday would be like 18:30 EST (23:30 GMT) due to my job. However, I'll be around at 14-15:00 GMT on Saturday, and later that night, too.
email me and let me know when you'll be available - I'm eager to meet!
yeahwho02@yahoo.com
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc:I just found out that I cant come thsi friday, because a friend of mine has now rescheduled his birthday(LOTR:TTT). So I propose a new time: That saturday probably wont work for me, how about sunday (15:00 GMT), anybody got any objections?

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the order, Anuiron.
I heard that Phil Angelfire wanted to join, can you officially confirm that?(I dont want to make any mistakes).

I do know that we must do something, but before we can do that, well need more information. But I do know that if there are only two sides in this war, we MUST side with heaven, for siding with hell, would mean that we would be destroyed ourselves.

That is also one of the things we need to talk about in the meeting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: