DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Moving Characters to Win from Linux before deletion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Moving Characters to Win from Linux before deletion Reply with quote

kraven had mentioned that there would be a character wipe on the linux server, before synching the two together and updating the linux. He also mentioned to post here to have our characters copied to the server vault on the Win.

I play on account Mc1csmo.

I've 2 characters on the Linux - Hieronomous Stone and Mad Tarpinian. I'd like both copied to the Win server, but I prefer playing on the linux actually. NOTE - I've a 5th level, unused copy of Mad Tarpinian on the Win server now - never played. Just made once when the Linux was down. Please delete this one, and copy my 17th+ Mad Tarpinian from Linux instead. I hope that this won't result in any confusion.

Feel free to mail me with any questions. Mc1csmo@aol.com

Thanks!
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

along the same lines ...

My gamespy acct name is Sidd Neverr ... I've got a couple chars barely used on win32 and a couple on linux. Basically the ones currently on win32 can be wiped and I'd ask that Conrad Hollows from linux be copied over to win32 before the linux wipe. The other one on linux was just an experiment and I am not attached to the character, so it can be nuked. icon_smile.gif
Bristle Fendlestick
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What up Bri? If it is not to much to ask, I just would like my Two chars ( Lashar Fendlestick & Ashlar Taltos under the game spy name of Bristle Fendlestick) copied. There on the nix server. Every thing else of mine can be deleted.

Thanks ahead...and for your work on the nix server. Always a fun place to play.
Glorin
PostThu 09/12/02 3:24pm
actually both vaults will be cleared when they synche i believe  Reply with quote

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both vaults? are we getting a full character wipe? I REALLY hope not, as I've spent a bunch of time playing and did not get the indication this was a beta test server icon_sad.gif I hope I am presuming incorrectly.

Can we get an official clarification please.

Thanks
Galimon
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like my characters on linux transfered to win32 as well if there is going to be a server wipe, my username is: Morscyprian
my character is Kei Galimon

thanks a bunch.

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get some clarification please? I'd like to know why there is a full wipe. Also, I seem to be hearing that SOME people will have characters saved for after this wipe. This would be seriously unfair, it should be all or none. Frankly I'd like none, as I started playing here without any indication that such a wipe might occur.

I'd appreciate some feedback from the DM and admin's running this server. I've enjoyed playing here, would like to continue. If a periodic wipe, or possible favoritism is evident, I'll not waste my time though.

Rather than speculate about rumors, can we get an official reply?

Thanks
Drudley
PostFri 09/13/02 6:19am
Its a FULL WIPE no characters is going to be saved, not even the ones of admins...  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I'm the only one really in favor of this.

Although I certainly put a good amount of work into my guy, I look forward to playing Dyso with some of the recently discussed balancing mechanisms put into play. I think it will also be good to have everyone start on an even playing field; some characters have items which are no longer available in the game.

Not to mention I really screwed my feats up early on my current lvl20 character icon_wink.gif

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Drudley
PostFri 09/13/02 7:29am
I really look forward to this too, but its mostely cause i get a real guild then, with guild house and guild items i believe..  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would be nice if everyone could start on an equal footing, since we all know a bit how subraces and deities work now. By then hopefully a couple of kits will be added to diversify things too.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any subraces actually implemented at the moment?

I tried creating a guy with subrace "Dragoon", true neutral fighter, but could not see any noticeable difference.

Fooz
Cpt Henke
PostFri 09/13/02 11:05am
Anyone know when this character wipe is going to happen?  Reply with quote

Scorp57

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: wipe.... Reply with quote

Well I play Vrishnak Lencian, a level 20 barb on the linux server and I'm not looking forward to the wipe but I think that I and everyone else will cope. I'd just like to know if your gonna make a habit of this kind of thing admins because I really don't want to start another char if he's gonna be wiped again anytime soon.
Scorp57
PostFri 09/13/02 6:08pm
Just one more question, when is the wipe gonna be?  Reply with quote

BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERVER VAULT WIPE on LINUX ONLY FOR NOW!!!!!! I am going to rebuild the Linux server due to Apache and PHP conflicts. In doing so I am going to wipe the vault of that server and test a consistant SERVERVAULT between servers. We want to keep one vault active and test the idea of a consistant ergo same char on both servers at same time!!!!!! To do this we do not I repeat do not want to erase our Alpha testers. That is why I will move Linux Servervault characters over to win32 by there request where the consistant servervault will reside. I am doing this as a favor to the Linux players that are dedicated to that box. This does not effect the win32 Servervault except for the addition of the Linux players that wish to be moved! The wipe should take place weekend of Sept 21-Sept-22. I hope this clears up any confusion.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostFri 09/13/02 7:55pm
Thanks for clearing this up - please keep us posted on any additional developments or changes.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
PostFri 09/13/02 9:59pm
Thanks for the clear up, Bri ... sorry it got so confuddled over that issue. icon_eek.gif  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:13 am    Post subject: Character save.... Reply with quote

Hey everyone, thanks for the clear up Bri, sorry I was a retard and asked you about it 2 or 3 times on the server earlier lol. My account is Scorp57 on the linux server and I'd like Vrishnak Lencian and Derek Aermennos, just those two chars because I have a bunch, saved on win32 please, thanks again.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Server wipe Reply with quote

i'd really like an admin to confirm it, but if this is or isn't true i'd still like my lvl 20 Little teapot transferred over to the win 32 server from the linux one, my acc name is gregb00 (bri hurley is my hero)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadow_Stalker
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:10 pm    Post subject: Wipe on linux Reply with quote

I want to keep 2 of my char on linux

User Name : Shadow_Stalker

Char Name : Sham Wener
Char Name : Kent Shadowstriker

Thanks
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
shai-halud
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 2 / 13 EXP: 2 / 13 EXP: 2 / 13
 15%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to keep my char characters brihurley.

User name is shai-halud

Character's are

Lilith Faithless
Shekinah Faithless

I would appreciate this very much. Thanks.

HAve fun and take a chance. ta
Weyr Wyrmfang
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Characters Reply with quote

I'd like to keep my linux characters, too.

Waeyr Wyrm'fang
Waeyr Wyrmfang

(Yah they're pretty similiar names; but eventually I'll just use one character when everything gets wiped!)

D
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
theXLTed
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Great server and modual =D. My user name is theXLTed and the char i would like to keep from the linix server is Nabeshin. Thanks, keep up the good work.
View users profile Send private message
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this weekend Sept21-22 the servervault on linux will be wiped except for those requesting to have their chars moved...Please post User name and Char names that you want moved from linux to win32 servervault. Read prior post for explanation.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Damken
Noob

XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have one character on Linux but I like her so I would like her saved from the wipe

User: Damken

Character: Excel Excel
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Just checking... Reply with quote

I just wanted to check about our characters being transferred Bri, is there anyway you can confirm to us that ours were saved, I posted about it before but it'd be a real pain if that got overlooked by mistake and I lost my two chars on linux. at least if there was some problem and it couldn't be done that be nice to know too so I could be ready to start a new char after the wipe, lol icon_smile.gif
LaurenBruden
Noob

XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: I would like it very much if you could also move my Charater Reply with quote

icon_rolleyes.gif Hi guys your doing a great job with this mod. I have my Character. (also my account name here on this Forum) her name is Lauren Bruden could you please save here to the new server what ever you should decide. My Game Spy account is Vladameer. I have one character on the win 32 but I all I care about is Lauren Bruden on the linux server. If its not to much to ask thank you. Be seeing you in game. Amazing Dyso is the best mod in the community. icon_lol.gif
WiseOldMan
Noob

XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:56 am    Post subject: moving characters to win 32 from linux Reply with quote

I have to guys i would like to have moved to win32 from linux.
My username (account) WiseOldMan.
the characters are Nuli Backstabber and Serin Desifer.

Thank you and keep up the good work icon_smile.gif
Mikey Wolf
Noob

XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bri, here's the info. Account name: Mikey Wolf Character on linux that needs to be transfered: Mikey Wolf- I beleive there is another char in win with the same name (including dash) go ahead and over write it. icon_cool.gif Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: