DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

-=[ THE DRUID CIRCLE ]=- 2003
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Are we, as the Druid's Circle, being active enough in Dysotopia to be noted by other players?
Yes, I even have your guild's posters and T-shirts! Even the action figures!!
40%
 40%  [ 23 ]
No, who the hell are these people?? Where did they come from???
59%
 59%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 57

Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: -=[ THE DRUID CIRCLE ]=- 2003 Reply with quote

~{ THE DRUID CIRCLE }~
Nature's Protectors - Keepers of Balance - Warriors of the Wild

The Druid Circle is a democratic, roleplaying guild of Nature. Druids fit into the hierarchy of a worldwide Order that espouses a well-defined ethos yet grants each member considerable freedom of action. All druids, from the humblest initiate to the great druid, may freely follow their own interpretation of druidic beliefs and act however they believe best serves Nature. All druids (pure and/ or multiclassed ones) of any race and alignment are welcome so long as their druid class are the highest level. The Circle is formed up of 3 Schools of Teachings and a caste system.

icon_arrow.gif Principles of the Circle
These druidic duties are not so much personal matters, but as the ethical responsibility of the entire Order. There are 2 main aims of the Circle:

Guardians of Nature
Druids serve the force of Nature and its inherent natural cycles, such as that of birth, growth, death, and rebirth. Druids realize all creatures have basic needs for food, shelter, and self-defense. Humans must hunt animals for food and must clear trees to farm and build houses. These actions constitute a necessary part of the natural cycle. But druids do not tolerate unnecessary destruction or exploitation of Nature.

Keepers of the Balance
Druids see that a balance between the forces of good and evil, law and chaos, best fosters the continuance of life from one generation to the next. They look at the cycles of the world as driven by the actions and machinations of mankind (and other intelligent races) and believe that, as individuals play their part in the great cycle, they can also upset it.The majority see human and demihuman races in general and the druidic order in particular as pivotal to maintaining the cosmic balance.

icon_arrow.gif Hierarchy
There are 5 different ranks of druid in the Circle. Each with a purpose and direction. Yet it must be stressed that even with an overrall leader, the Druids Guild is fundamentally a democracy.

Grand Druid [1]
The overall leader of the Circle, whos words and orders are the strongest. First and foremost, the Grand Druid acts as a politician, responsible for keeping harmony between the great druids of each domain and between the various druidic branches. He is the unified voice of the Circle and directs the Circle as a whole.

Great Druid [3 for each School]
They are in charge of each School's own set of beliefs and philosophies. They direct the individual goals and aims of the School.

Arch Druid [undecided]
Close assistants to Great druids, these have been raised to Arch druid through hard work for their School or for the Circle as whole.

High Druid [Unlimited]
Druids who are fully experienced through training and hardship attain this rank. The majority of druids fall under this category.

Initiate [Unlimited]
All druids who have not yet reached their peak through training and guidance automatically have this title.

The druids adhere to a rather informal hierarchical structure and require their initiates to hold true to the basic ethos of the druidic order and respect higher-ranking druids. During formal occasions, the Circle include the usage of a Title when addressing a fellow druid. If you are below in rank to the person, you refer to them as "Master/Mistress *". If you are equal or above in rank to the person, you refer to them as "Brother/Sister *"

icon_arrow.gif The 3 Schools of Teachings
Each school of the Druid Circle has its very own unique set of principles, beliefs and philosophies, respective to the Great druid to guide and moderate.

Healers of the Oak - [neutral good only]
As the name may imply, this school of druids seek peaceful and diplomatic solutions with neighbouring communities, towns and cities. They do not believe in the use of force to teach others Nature's Ways, instead bestowing and sharing with them the Earth Mother's wisdom and knowledge. These are essentially the diplomats of Nature and will heal those in need with Her powers.

The Sentinels - [lawful neutral, true neutral and chaotic neutral]
The druids of this school take no particular stand. They are ready to slay those who seek to harm Nature and ever willing to heal others as well. Instead of going to towns and cities to preach of Nature's Ways, The Sentinels spend more of their time doing patrols and scouts in the forests for any possible dangers or new happenings.

Stand of the Predators - [neutral evil only]
The Predators feel that talk and reasoning are nothing but a waste of time. The longer druids wait, the more lands will be raped off their trees and rivers. These druids believe strongly in fighting for Nature's Balance and believe that constructions of the civilised should be destroyed and returned to Her. They are our rugged warriors.

icon_arrow.gif The Castes System
They show what class and type of druid you are and function as a roleplaying tool. Each caste title is based upon the respective ability or characteristic of the druid that he/ she chooses to emphasize on.

Avengers - [Strength]
These are for druids who prefer a more fighting/warrior style of combat. Druids who become fighters, want to take a more direct approach to defending the wilderness. They may sacrifice some druidic qualities and skills, in order to improve their swordsmanship and melee prowess.

Faerns - [Wisdom]
These are for more strict and pure druids whose spiritual power from Nature is unparalleled. They are the most in tune with Mother Nature and draw all their divine magic from it.

Stalkers - [Dexterity]
Druids who fall in this grouping rely more on their finesse and fleetness. Most druids who neither fit into the Avenger nor Faern Castes, usually fit into the Stalker Caste. Some seek to attune themselves to Nature by mastering their own bodies using eastern-style fighting arts, often becoming rather enigmatic Zenlike warrior-mystics.

2nd Revision by ZORRATH
Created by SNARES
Contributors: AMAR, CELINA, SHADE WOLF and ZORRATH

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Snares on Sat May 17, 2003 5:05 am, edited 37 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
Snares
PostSat 12/21/02 1:49pm
- void -

Last edited by Snares on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:48 pm, edited 62 times in total

zak_fel
PostSat 12/21/02 6:15pm
well done...very detailed...i like the motto too!  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolly one of the most organized guilds in dyso, and it dont even got no one in it. Your an inspiration to all, As for Sylvandale, the guard wishes to protect sylvandale from the evil unholy drow, inorder to make up for their earlier disturbance.
the White Rose and lgog are allied within the Sylvandale limits so that we may not Harm natures beauty. The Drow are foul and we shall fight them with all our might.

Cyric Bless you.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Silkie
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to apply for the Archdruid position of the Sentinals... icon_biggrin.gif

And em..Who is the Archdruid for the Healers or the Oak?
"I am a ceature of the Fae. Prepare to give your soul away. My spell is passion and it is art. My song can bind a humans heart. And if you chance to know my face, my hold shall be your last embarce." Song of the Sidhe.

Silkie
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Silkie for volunteering. I'm sure you'll make a good Archdruid. The members-listing is still in the works as I continue to search for more druid enthusiasts. (FYI Snares is the Healers of the Oak Archdruid)

I haven't really seen any neutral evil druids. Hopefully someone will take that position soon... Then we'll have all three Archdruids leading the Circle.

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very good work, Snares! icon_smile.gif
Finally we might have our druids guild up and running.
Been waiting pretty long now.
Well done!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still pretty vacant at the moment. I've several new druids around but most of them aren't too interested in the guild thing or are just freelancers. (Still searching though.) And a BEEG THANK YOU to all, for your encouragements and support! icon_lol.gif

Falkhor
PostMon 12/23/02 4:32pm
If i wasn't so busy i'd make a druid character who stalks the woods as a human predator  Reply with quote

Niroj
PostMon 12/23/02 4:54pm
I would like to apply as a Stand of the Predator

Civilization must fall and mother earth shall conquer!

Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too in love with my mage and my ranger/fighter/rogue to make a Druid character, though again, this is by far the most organized, and looking forward to see guild I've come across in here.

Shame on those who are not this organized !!!

SHAME on YOU !
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
ShadowCore
PostMon 12/23/02 5:45pm
Yes this is very organised, I wonder how he gets it to be so organised?
Hmmm, maybe I should get to organizing too.

Seathan
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 2 / 14 EXP: 2 / 14 EXP: 2 / 14
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh it finally gets started and i stop playing, well i might just play for a bit longer icon_smile.gif i bet your all very happy
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niroj wrote:
I would like to apply as a Stand of the Predator
Civilization must fall and mother earth shall conquer!

WARMEST WELCOMES to Niroj. Evil druids kick ass! You have been added to the school of the Predators, happy hunting! So GO OUT THERE AND BITE SOME CIVILISED CREEPS! Muahahahahahaha *ahem* Snares says you should be more nice and play with them instead... (and yes Falkhor, that would be quite funny... human predator... oooo...)

Seathan wrote:
ohhhh it finally gets started and i stop playing, well i might just play for a bit longer icon_smile.gif i bet your all very happy

WHOO HOOO!!! *jumps around and squeals like a furry animal*
EEEEEEEEPP!! EEEP EEPP!!!! *ahem* Must... BEHAVE! unrgghh
*changes into werewolf*

Last edited by Snares on Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:29 pm, edited 4 times in total
ShadowCore
PostMon 12/23/02 6:10pm
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, more seathans on the server!!(hmmmmmmmm)  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif As an introductory offer to new members of the Circle, Snares will gladly assist your new druids and help train them for the duties that lie ahead...

Niroj
PostMon 12/23/02 6:50pm
I thank you, i shall fight for nature against oppressive civilzation by your side sir Snares.  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done, i wish the durids circle all the very best

however, i wish to inform u of the fact that yr actions and works will not go un-notice...the Lady Lolth has expressed a special interest concerning the woodland realms of Dysotopia
icon_twisted.gif
Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snares, Ive made a new char about what we discussed yesterday, I hope its not too late.

(please dont respond to this message back through here cos i want to talk privately in-game about it..hehheh)

Talk to you in game...

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
Snares
PostWed 12/25/02 7:08pm
Please welcome Hodush the half-orc druid.

Last edited by Snares on Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total

Seathan
PostSat 12/28/02 7:12pm
errrmm... is there supposed to be anything happening with this guild? People have been asking me how to join, but i don't know myself  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any druids want to join, just post something here like Seath and Snares will enable you to chat in our private forum and initiate you into the Circle.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
Seathan
PostSat 12/28/02 7:20pm
We have a private forumn!!!!!!!!!!! where?  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been quite some developments going on. New members should seek either one of the 3 Archdruids, Brother Zard, Sister Silkie or myself.

It's always best to direct them to the forums so that guild members can keep in contact.

Last edited by Snares on Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total
Seathan
PostSat 12/28/02 7:25pm
Well thats a shame.... Can't you have 4 arch druids? only kidding, i have been gone a long time  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have currently withheld any urges for further development of our hierarchy until our membership expands beyond the count of 20. I would think it is unwise and may cause an inbalance (towards the Circle) to have too many Archdruids (as of now) and too few other members under their wing. Of course, those loyal to the Earth Mother and having served Her selflessly will be decorated with higher ranks in time to come...

cussing.gif As for now......... KEEP THE DRUIDS POURING IN LIKE A RAGING RIVER!!!

kokobro
PostSun 12/29/02 11:37am
wanna be sentinel in the druids circle, will fight for natures blessing  Reply with quote

Snares
PostSun 12/29/02 11:54am
Please welcome Lo'oin Shimmerstar to the Druid's Circle.  Reply with quote

Snares
PostSun 12/29/02 6:45pm
Please welcome Amar Erinfess to the Druid's Circle.  Reply with quote

sgtjake
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 14 / 19 EXP: 14 / 19 EXP: 14 / 19
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

my character is amar erinfess and it is a pleasure to goin the circle.i am in the sentinitails and i cant spell lol. i hope i can help with other druids and continue the patrol of the woods to ensure all is well. maybe one day be the arch druid, till then i follow. thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: