DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Gods:The falling of the brothers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Keepers of the Long Story (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Odin
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 13 / 13 EXP: 13 / 13 EXP: 13 / 13
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Gods:The falling of the brothers Reply with quote

Gods:The failing of brothers

Back many years ago when the gods of the heavens could roam freely with little trouble there was the famous brothers know as Ilmater the god of bravery and Moander the god of honour they keept the demons of hell from entering the heavens.The borthers were bound close to each other and nothing broke them apart but there was one weakness that could,Ilmater had always loved Moanders wife sune god of beauty and he envied Moanders luck but kept this dislike of him hidden.

But Cyric god of lies saw Ilmaters weakness and had a long hate of Moander and wanted to see him suffer.Cyric convinced Ilmater to offer Moander a Drink in the green lands of Dysotopia and Cyrics idea was to call for his mother Talona and posion the drink that would make Moanders Flesh rot from his still living body.

Moander agreed kindly to the invetion and in the green lands he drank Ilmaters drink soon Moanders flesh began to rot and in confusion looked at Ilmater to see a evil grin upon his face and to his side appeared Cyric and Talona laughing at Moanders misfortune. Now Ilmater could have Sune but soon he realized that Moander could still return and tell the deeds that he had done then with a small wait Ilmater attacked Moander and in the Eastern forest began a ravageing and ruthless war.Moander was no match for Ilmater...with the falling of his flesh had also gone his power then Ilmater with great wrath and hate smashed Moander through the ground of the Eastern forest into the flameing pits of hell and naught was left but a look of sorrow and hate on the decending face of Moander.

Quick to thinking Ilmater put a magic barrier on the massive hole and then the three of them ponderd a story to tell the others back at heaven.Ilmater when back to heaven and told Sune the grave news his story was that when drinking and talking the ground had opend up around them and Bhaal had pulled Moander under and had set a barrier round the hole so he could not follow.
Sune broke out in tears Ilmater comfort her and over the comeing years they grew close but not long after in the white floors of heaven Ilmater was met again by Cyric who told Ilmater that he was in need of his raw power to defeat a foe of his.

Ilmater refused Cyrics demand so Cyric said if he would not agree he would tell the really happend. Angerd by this Ilmater attacked Cyric without thought but was stoped by Amaunator the Law&Order of heaven and both were jailed to be further juged by Tyr God of justice. Tyr Sentenced Ilmater to be striped of his Heavenly powers and roam the mazes of Lmbo forever as for Cyric he was only banished from heaven.

Ilmater now named the broken god still raoms the maze of lmbo striped of his main powers but some have still endured Moander the rotting god was twisted by the evilness of hell and spends his years with rotting flesh and undieing hatered for his brother as for Cyric is no worse than before but is still banished from heaven.
(for historical study Moanders rift is located in the Eastern forest) Written by Murik

Last edited by Odin on Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
Uin
PostMon 12/23/02 8:09pm
Nice, I take it this is offical DnD god stories, I don't know any. icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Odin
PostMon 12/23/02 8:34pm
no its totaly made up honest look at the gods of dysotopia its mine! all mine!!  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! I'll add it to the next shipment of books! (we are 1 book away and then we have 6 more to send to Bri) icon_smile.gif
Odin
PostTue 12/24/02 10:18am
sorry but there might be some spelling mistakes icon_neutral.gif  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll volunteer as proofreader for the guild books .. how does that sound to everyone? I'm an excellent speller icon_wink.gif

Fooz
Uin
PostTue 12/24/02 7:56pm
Can anyone translate the books into a few more languages as well Fooz?  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me icon_smile.gif

If we find a suitable person that would be cool though. Although, it will probably be a considerable undertaking to translate the body of work that we produce. Perhaps we'll be able to get some folks to translate just the most important ones, up to the entire collection of works, depending on how much effort they want to put in.

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
Uin
PostTue 12/24/02 8:01pm
Well spanish would be the first language we should translate them to, then German.  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my proofread & slightly edited version of the above story:
---

Gods: The Failing of Brothers

Back many years ago, when the gods of the heavens could roam freely with little trouble, there were the famous brothers know as Ilmater, the God of Bravery, and Moander, the God of Honour. They kept the demons of hell from entering the heavens. The brothers were bound close to each other and nothing broke them apart -- but there was one weakness that could. Ilmater had always loved Moanders wife Sune, Goddess of Beauty, and he envied Moander's luck but kept this dislike of him hidden.

But Cyric, God of Lies, saw Ilmater's weakness and had a long hate of Moander and wanted to see him suffer. Cyric convinced Ilmater to offer Moander a Drink in the green lands of Dysotopia and Cyric's idea was to call for his mother Talona and posion the drink that would make Moander's flesh rot from his still living body.

Moander agreed kindly to the invitation and in the green lands he drank Ilmater's drink. Soon Moander's flesh began to rot, and in confusion he looked at Ilmater to see a evil grin upon his face. To his side appeared Cyric and Talona, laughing at Moander's misfortune. Now Ilmater could have Sune -- but soon he realized that Moander could still return and tell the deeds that he had done. In a moment, Ilmater attacked Moander and in the Eastern forest began a ravaging and ruthless war.

Moander was no match for Ilmater. With the falling of his flesh had also gone his power. Then Ilmater, with great wrath and hate, smashed Moander through the ground of the Eastern forest into the flaming pits of hell ... and naught was left but a look of sorrow and hate on the descending face of Moander.

Quick to thinking, Ilmater put a magic barrier on the massive hole and then the three of them pondered a story to tell the others back at heaven. Returning to heaven, Ilmater told Sune the grave news. His story was that when drinking and talking, the ground had opened up around them and Bhaal had pulled Moander under and had set a barrier round the hole so he could not follow.

Sune broke out in tears. Ilmater comforted her, and over the coming years they grew close. But not long after, in the white floors of heaven, Ilmater was met again by Cyric who told Ilmater that he was in need of his raw power to defeat a foe of his.

Ilmater refused Cyric's demand so Cyric said if he would not agree he would tell Sune what really happend. Angered by this, Ilmater attacked Cyric without thought, but was stopped by Amaunator the Law and Order of heaven. Both were jailed to be further juged by Tyr, God of Justice. Tyr sentenced Ilmater to be striped of his Heavenly powers and roam the mazes of Limbo forever. As for Cyric he was only banished from heaven.

Ilmater, now named "the broken god", still roams the maze of limbo stripped of most of his powers -- but some have still endured. Moander the rotting god was twisted by the evilness of hell and spends his years with rotting flesh and undying hatered for his brother. As for Cyric, he is no worse than before, but is still banished from heaven.

(For historical study, Moander's rift is located in the Eastern forest.)
Written by Murik
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin Fleetwood wrote:
Well spanish would be the first language we should translate them to, then German.

Why Spanish? I haven't observed too many Spanish speaking folks playing Dyso .. in fact, almost all I hear other than English is Dutch icon_wink.gif

Fooz
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of spanish ppl that come on and have no clue whats happening. Then thye start shouting in spanish and I get angry... you really don't wanna see me angry.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Odin
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 13 / 13 EXP: 13 / 13 EXP: 13 / 13
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sorry about the spelling im semi delxic....no dxlexic...no wait dislexic arrg what a stupid name to give this condtion well i just have spelling problems. icon_sad.gif
Jase
PostWed 12/25/02 2:26pm
Fooz u can proofread all the books as u wish okay? I'm leaving for a bit anyway so can u make em books on the toolset and send em to BRi as well? ty!  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'll do that. I'll start another thread and note them as they are created, and update the post when they go to Bri, to try and keep track of it somewhat.

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
Uin
PostWed 12/25/02 8:18pm
Fooz, when you make the books can you make sure that when examined, there is something to show the writer and the RL date (DD/MM/YY).  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Keepers of the Long Story (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: