DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Warning a long Ode//rant to Dysos greatest RP exponent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Warning a long Ode//rant to Dysos greatest RP exponent Reply with quote

Lest we forget to praise where praise is due LET us remember Jons great RP non power trip chara ....These wonderful examples on how to play the game of DD

Lets hear it for Mr RP and his chara
Skip Williams.............now theres areal good piece of chara cration..
and of course
Shadow of Doom.......an example of the highest standards of RP
and lets not forget dear Angel

Lets review some of the glowing reviews of Jons RP ability
Just one point on this since it's been set forth as a chaotic evil action ... I remember you telling me at one point, Jon, that Skip was Lawful Neutral, no? Not trying to be an ass about it as I certainly don't know all the facts but if its going to be justified as an action within an alignment, it would seem to be that LN is about as nearly opposite from CE as you can get other than LG.

Great RP from the master Jon****quote from Conrad post other thread***

and the reply from Mr super IC at all times when I play

anyways i wanted to play chaotic evil one day and i dont want to make a new char sorcerer to do it...
**im just going to play the alignment via how i play my char, besides IC you dont know someones alignment... so basically i could simply say im chaotic evil OOC and you would never know otherwise **

But I like Laz comment on the Super I know all Jon***

Basically this means, I can't do as I want so I ignore alignment and good role playing. If you want to help people build a character to do that with the alignemnt that does that. You want steal and kill, then have a character for that. But you can't have it both ways and be a good RP'er**

Or Murics comments on Mr I know how to RP you dont*****

Jon, I think many of us suspect the real reason you select true neutral as the alignment for all of your characters has nothing to do with rp, but rather is pure powergaming. That way you're not susceptible to all the weapons etc that give damage bonuses vs evil. Just one more way to max your character.

All of your characters seem to behave chaotic evil almost all the time, so why not select that alignment? Whether it's Skip Williams / Shadow of Doom murdering people in the emerald cave and stealing the treasure, or Jonathon finding weak targets in the forest to disarm and steal their weapons, it all seems chaotic evil to me. I can't list the exploits of your cleric Angel of Death because you're still leveling her to 20 I believe

oe Doug the Averages praise of Mr Super IC

**I dont think there is any doubt left that jon boy is not interested in anything other than causing grief to people. Only power gaming. He wouldnt know honest role playing if it bit him in his arse. But then he wouldnt know the concept of honesty anyway so what do you expect. His response to the tidal wave of complaints about him is always that people are whining and it is "just a game." Well if its just a game, then you wont have any problem JUST PLAYING ON A ACTION SERVER.

Falkhors comment on Angel relogging as new chara ***obviously seeing Jon did it in chara
had he stolen the item and ran off to safety instead of relogging to make sure he kept the item it would be a matter of outsmarting you but relogging makes it a really pathetic act.
I think maybe what a mod needs is a script allowing you to choose only one character/server restart and something preventing refresh relogging.
oh and of course the intelligent witty reply from Jon and displaying such verve and stylish use of the English language
**either way if i wanna just log out i can its not like i have to be 1 char all the time ya stupid sh!ts **
but then he says**relogging bastards are LAME ASSES**I like logical thinking

Of course Jon wouldnt exploit and choose a CN god for his supposed True Neutral Chara would he......or maybe not
from Jon himself***
one thing he will not forgive however is an insult to his God Tempus, which is a insult of otherwordly honor which is punishable only by death to those who said it...
*****Kudos again

advice from the master on chara creation too...for good RP of course***
anyway besides all that garbage i wouldnt worry too much about wis or int,on ALL chars regardless ***

of course being the great RP he never POWER games as we see from this quote****i dont know how i stumbled onto this combination but i did and heck, frankly that hits for more than the ordinary half orc maxed str and with a sycthe on crits, i normally see em hit for around 90-120 pysical... with all bonuses added on that... ****
Jon hates people who exploit of coursse and thus is really into self hate**
quote**
dont tell it to me i have exploited every thing that i know of and it makes very little difference to me...damn so much for a good PK.. oh well back to boredom

to finish for now from Von Selchow translation on request

Ich Hasse
die masse
Die Kleine
gemeine
den Nacken gebeugt
die isst und schlaft und
kinder zeugt

Ich hasse
die Masse
die lahme
die Zahme
die heut an mich glaubt
und die mir morgen mein
Herzablut raubt
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, the forumd were NOT made for this kind of thing. The forums are for suggestions for things in dyso and bugs.......Stop this damn arguing....this is NOT what the forums are for....hell this is one of the reasons gesh almost left a million times.

im not saying Jon's original post was ne exception to this but do not drag this on, Goddamnit.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kuma
PostFri 12/27/02 2:31am
Sometimes I do love that Glorin, well said.  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostFri 12/27/02 2:46am
yeah i hate women because they are inferior to men  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostFri 12/27/02 2:47am
hey thats pretty offensive red  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its dead I apologise to Jon and any other person who upset...it got to me at the wrong time and I reactted badly
Gomen Nasai
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But to finish id just like to tranlate the German poem iIts my favorite German one I know
I hate
The crowd
The little men
The mean men
Who bow their heads
And eat and sleep and beget children

I hate
the crowd
The impotent crowd
The pliable crowd
Which believes in me today
And tommorrow will tear my heart out

sounds better in German errors in translation by yours truly
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Foozbane
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new rules.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13567#13567
View users profile Send private message Send email
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen all this stuff with Jon blow up and over and all that ... I've pretty much kept my mouth shut because I am one of the few people who have, for whatever reason, fairly consistantly got along with Jon316. I'll just make this one passing comment/observation ...

Jon's got several characters ... and some of them he RPs them well and some he does not. Some are set up for "ownage" and some are not. Jon frustrates me sometimes because it almost looks like disassociative disorder ... drop him in one character and he's one way, drop him in another and he's in another direction. I wish sometimes he'd be more dependable on this, but as best as I can tell he often goes with the flow on what else is happening ... in situations where there's good RP happening, he's in there RPing ... when folks are just trying to own everyone else, he'll come at them with that. Sometimes I wonder if in some respects he's not something of a reflection on the rest of us in some small way.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know Jon was not the greatest rper of all time, but as of late we do know that he has changed. M-K has said sorry for this post as she was just pissed that day. So can we just let this thread die. Look at the GOOD things people have said about Jon.

Kindo wrote:
Jon, during this last week (or so) I have actually started to like you. No assing that people have talked about and very nice Roleplay icon_smile.gif

As this seems not to be some problems-with-players reason you are leaving, all I can say is Goodbye and Take Care.

I love you man! icon_cry.gif
*waits for the spam from Jon about me being an idiot taking things to serious*

Falkhor wrote:
Me for one...
(what the hell am i saying...)
Actually noted a change for the better.
When you're just sitting down and start roleplaying instead of looking for trouble you show a different face. Personally one I prefer over the Woot Woot persona.
If you feel like you were trying but weren't given the chance, just take a break.
I almost quit on more than one occassion. As for Dyso being lifeless and unsurprising Bri is right about things changing I believe. He's made new areas and I'm having lots of fun making dyso less predictable by popping in one disguise or another. So far I haven't been disappointed by people's reactions. Whenever I appeared as anything from a talking wolf to an Eleriina guard or spawning sudden encounters people actually started roleplaying, even if they are just small things. Most encouraging. I think Conrad is doing his own stuff. Compared to say a month ago I think Dyso is moving forward again.
Just play with your gamebox. Taking a break isn't a bad thing, you can always look into things further along the line.

Uin Fleetwood wrote:
Jon, I've been hearing many good things about you of late, your a great example of how things can change for the better.
If you want to go (maybe you feel the rest of the server is not taking your lead) thats fine, but remeber a break from Dyso may be good. Come back in a while, see if the server or your own feelings towards it have changed.

Ogt wrote:
if you make me king i will have pretty girls with french voice running around in sexy clothes or naked, that will be your slaves, and you can make em do anything just for 1gp the hour

and there will be drunken punks that will attack you with theyr broken wine bottles of wrath just because they are so drunk that they hallucinate that you are theyr wife´s mom

and i will make a big pool filled up with beer, where there will be nice ladies swiming topless and since its already yellow and smelly no one will notice when you pee in it

well that last one doesnt have to do with Jon but its pretty funny.

See!! Now Stop this Jon Bashin, M-K has and shes the maker of this thread!!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: