DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Why is pickpocketing considered roleplay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Shihi
PostSun 02/02/03 10:49pm
It looks like a teapot... whats in it?

Shihi

Little Teapot
PostSun 02/02/03 10:52pm
to which of the packages are you referring to?  Reply with quote

Odin
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 13 / 13 EXP: 13 / 13 EXP: 13 / 13
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i did not fail my stop checks i was him slowly walk riht up to me a small pause then my saw lost iems so and so so i knew i was him in a mad furious rage i asked for my items back to be met wiht no reply he tryed running off but me and my friend managed to kill him.

later i saw him sneaking again i when up to him and asked for my items back i was met wiht a laugh emote and another item stolen i could not be botherd to kill him again and i just ran off to stop him from further pping me so im 100% it was him and you think i was in the wrong?
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know you've lost the item unless its something really obvious (something exeptionally large and heavy, like a war hammer) example, you probably wont notice you're missing gold unless you have a very low amount to start with and you go to use it.

I seriously doubt you know when you have 135,234 gold, and a thief steals 200-300 of it. But if you have 500 gold, and a thief steals 60, you might realize it then next time you open your money pouch.

You probably wouldn't notice the bow that you normally have slung onto the outside of your pack is missing until you go to use it, same with a dagger in it's sheath, or any other small weapon.

I can see a player noticing a medium or larger weapon vanishing, since the wieght would be noticable, but if you've failed your spot then you didn't see the thief take the item then all you've seen is a person walking towards you slowly and then walking away.
richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhmmm malakalam i have to disagree here
first odin sad he saw him sneaking so that spot checked word oke he can suspect something than and if he failed his spot for pping wel maybe he handled wrong the first time

but the second time
he was talking to him when i speak with someone and she/he is pping me than failed spot or not i see him busy in my bag no??

and it doesnt care if he takes a small amount of gold or a dagger or something small

that is rubbisch i think odin was in his full richt there when someone who has absolutly no reason to stand richt next to you and then is running to you in a conversation grabs something out his bag and then runs of please than you are seeing it failed pp spot check or not
View users profile Send private message
Odin
Adept

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks finaly somebody agrees with me (a first) i mean how can you not notice some rouge walk right up to you in your face halt in in your face then you see below item lost i was watching him dead on i think i would of noticed his busy little fingers going into my bag
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhmm, simply, because your character failed his spot check, thats not too hard to understand is it???
Simple rule: You fail your spot check, you dont know that you got stolen from, UNLESS it was either a HUGE item or something that could not be stolen without you noticing it(like your armor or so).

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Odin
Adept

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im not totaly sure what your on about thank god i have only been pped a few times but every time i get pped i see a lost item so and so down on my little box at the bottom of the screen i think that makes it kind of ovious that he took my items or is that ooc?
richard goldthumb
Master

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is ooc but its a difrence if youre talking to someone and loose a dagger or fichting and loos a dagger i'm a thief myself and if someonekils me because i have n oreason to stand to him i grab suddenly his gloth stone from his back (wich is not heavy) and even if he failed his spot check WHERE TALKING

offcourse he is seeing tht i'm sticking to him like a fly stealing his stuff
Odin
Adept

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i think i see the point now of this spot check thing sorry im new and im not the best rp char but i try but i still cant see why im in the wrong about the cave problem.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you dont see the character walk up to you, sine you failed the spot check, and you are not suspicious at all of the character. It's plain and simple, if you fail the spot check you dont know youve been stolen from unless it's reaally unrealistuic(ie. heavy or huge)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh that whole "lost item: ..." bug is really dumb, I mean I'd have to say its biowares biggest mistake in pp since it give poor roleplayers and excuse to flip out at losing stuff. Basically people if you see the guy come up to you and stand right next to you you can make some comment about him "being too close" or maybe accuse him of stealing fi you're that kind of person. But remember, failing a spot check means you have no idea if he actually stole from you and anyaccusations you make are the accusations you should be making everytime someone stands next to you. Just use common sense people, imagine you are your character in real life...based on your abilities and skills what would you be capable of? What is your attitude? Play based on that on not based on the rolls and statistics the game spits out on you because they are meant to be guidelines for roleplay and not the be all and end all of the game. Common sense is all we need!!
ShadowCore
PostTue 02/04/03 7:05pm
Wait a minute, wasn't that message removed a while ago? Why has it been put back in then? Or did i miss or dream something??  Reply with quote

Odin
PostWed 02/05/03 8:47am
well i get that lost item thing every time but as i now see that is ooc:.  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think bioware whole system is strange i mean how does a halflning rogue hide the enormous flaming greataxe he just stole i mean his race isn't even allowed that weapon beacuse it's to big for them. i really doubt that a halfling could steal something like that but that's just about bioware crap once more. as far as rp i try to do the best i can but i was wondering if maybe some one could set up clear rules. people who constantly play rogues like falk or griff maybe?
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
richard goldthumb
Master

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget me solo i play rogue's also all the time and i have a great rule next time you see aditu you just give here all youre items that way you dont have to wirrie about ppl pping you (i cant give a guarantee that you get youre stuff abck when you need it because maybe someone pps me offcourse but hey i will hide emot-yum.gif emot-yum.gif icon_evil.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: