DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Lost Ruins/Lost Ruins Key
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Lost Ruins/Lost Ruins Key Reply with quote

Not really a bug ... but not really a rant, either ... anyhow ...

Had a talk with Bri just a few ago about the above topic. Seems he wasn't clear (totally) on the whats and whys involved with getting the Ruins key ... so I told him what I knew and we talked it over and this is the summary (for those who didn't know) --

The Lost Ruins key is a powerful item LV left over in an area that is still there (but supposedly inaccessible) held by a somewhat "unbeatable" monster. But with the right spells and tactics, you can eventually defeat it and get the key.

The issue at hand is that you have to exploit (pushing) many times to actually get to the area where the monster is. You have to wall push to get to the otherwise totally blocked entry point ... and then you have to push over water boundaries at least 5-6 times to get to the doorway to the ruins. It was not fully implemented before and was blocked with the intention of it not being used/accessed by anyone.

Of course, as stated above, with the proper sequence of actions, you can get there and get the key. I've mentioned my concerns with this before but never got a clear answer on what the view of administration was on this area. In talking with Bri now, however, it's now clear ... so I am handing down the decree, as it were.

Getting there and getting the key is a series of exploits and is punishable by ban. Having the key in your possession is similarly punishable. There will be a grace period of a few days (until Monday) for folks to destroy their ruins keys. After that, if you are found using one or you are found having one on your character ... punishment shall be stern and decisive.
Arniz
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not the key!!!!
Dont take my key awayyyyyy!!!!!

I got mine in ancient times, in times right after the last doomsday wipe as there was no discussion about the wallpush exploit.

In times where i had nice little races to the Darklord with Hiro and Jenus

I think out of fairness the old regulars should keep them icon_twisted.gif

Llew
View users profile Send private message
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an old regular and a mod, an I don't have one, so neah. emot-yum.gif

Take heed folk, get rid of the keys.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostFri 01/03/03 1:05am
FINALLY! just about EVERY SINGLE White Rose member has one  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't for long (either that, or they won't be here at all). Players lying to the moderator (happened to me twice that I know of) about things like this, are severely punished.
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whine*
*sniff*
*strokes key*
*sniff*

Pfffft you are only jealous cause you dont have one icon_rolleyes.gif
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

err what is this key just for intrest what does it do as ive never had one maybe im jealous......I know its something to do with a hidden passage in Emerald saw Laz doing strange things there once.....but from this place is the Key the only item???if others are they allowed to keep them and get more?
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the key gives 5 greater stoneskins every day kind of useful from time to time and its the only item there.
Lost ruins are an unfinished area and im wondering if it will be finished in the next years

Anyway i think i wont be able to throw my key away, it will break my heart.
Since Conrad loves it to Browses through my orbs of pain i suppose he is able to take it away aswell *sigh*

Damnation over the peoples who werent able to keep the Lost Ruins secret icon_evil.gif

Greets Llew
Nefiorim
PostFri 01/03/03 10:30am
Llew, you would be one of em.. Constantly using that key of yours (it shows in other peoples' status displays you know).  Reply with quote

Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm btw the longer i think about this new "rule" the more i have to say that i dont like it.
Well if the reason would have been that the mod designer dont want peeps there cause the area is unfinished i would say fine for me, but using the reason that you can only get there by using an exploit is something i dont get.
I understand that peeps are punished if they use the bug to get to the DarkLord but if someone uses the bug to get to he Lost Ruins noone is harmed.
Rules and laws must have a background that helps the community, and like in real life the single persons has to stand back behind the masses, but to make rules just for fun and to have rules is something i dont like.
Come on imagine i would stand right at But Fields and push myself dozens of times through the wall of the temple noone would care aswell.

I really dont care about the key and my statements in the replies have been more ic then ooc. Well im sorc so i have this spell aswell. The key isnt this overpowerd like maybe the ban rings, the impreg stuff or some items which are still ingame.

So who the hell cares about the keys

Greets Llew
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm Nef with "keep secret" i meant not to show dozens of peeps the way to the Lost Ruins.
In the past i took ONE person there in my WR times.
I really thought this person would be thrustworthy and able to keep the secret. But as far as i heard and read that player made kind of "guided tours there"

Llew
Drudley
PostFri 01/03/03 11:21am
I was there first, after local vault, i remember showing Kuma and Ameli, maybe someone else, Arniz, who showed you?  Reply with quote

Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm not really sure either Ameli or Hiro.
It was in the "Amith" times and i have been completely useless in the lost ruins and sun mountains icon_smile.gif
Uin
PostFri 01/03/03 12:12pm
The fact is your not suppposed to have it. No-one is supposed to have it. Down with the Keys!  Reply with quote

Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another constructive post of Uin. Grats!
I love these "what i say is rule no matter what others think" behave.
Simply cool. Helps in the real life aswell. trust me.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arniz wrote:
Another constructive post of Uin. Grats!
I love these "what i say is rule no matter what others think" behave.
Simply cool. Helps in the real life aswell. trust me.

Damn straight, better get used to it.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is silly. You have to CHEAT to get there, EXPLOIT a bug in the game system. Just because you CAN cheat, doesn't make it RIGHT to do so.
Cheating money from character creation didn't hurt anyone either.

Cheating, banned.
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i am guilty. today i pushed me more then 5 hours through the wall of the But fileds temple. pushed me in, pushed me out...in....out..in out..........in ou in out..........

Ban me!
Im a cheater!
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llew just give up your damn key, it's wrong to have one, and also illegal. I'm an older player than you, so should I get 2 keys?

Griff
Arniz
PostFri 01/03/03 2:23pm
My i really dont care about the key thats not what im talking about....The thing is that ... noone understands me *whine*  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen I don't really wanna even post on this topic but I was the (well one of the first) to actually ever get the key in LV, not that it really meant anything since compared to most stuff, since it was a little piece of useless garbage but I simply love Dysotopia stuff, every cool item I get or ever have had I have exported and stored onto a CD so that when Dyso is gone 10 years down the line and I think back I can remember the good old times with my friends and all the secret set items they had like the dragoon stuff or the holy avenger set and think "wow, too damn bad it could only be gained EXPLOITING" bzzt wrong i wanna think "wow i really earned that, damn im good" ... i knew about wall push before i ever started playing dyso, happend to me by accident in single player when i was in chapter 1 with my familiar, for some wierd ass reason i possessed my fam then walked around out of site and tried to stealth to see if i could see myself when all of a sudden i come back into view and im gone!!! w00t i couldnt be seen so i moved around with my familiar until i guess i bumped aginst myself invisibly and alluva sudden my "dot" on the map moved into another room, i was like "what" i unpossessed and bam, thats how i discovered it, played around with it a bit did not seem like a big deal to me so i went on playing and thought nothing of it, enter dysotopia hugest mod i ever seen, free server vault pvp with leveleing and items and thus created one of my first level 20s i had in a long line of them... which i was happy to be able to cast timestop as a rouge ( i was an assassin rouge ) and wondered how i would do, i started murdering people everywhere and had a blast killing and camping people at rift gates and screaming at them they sucked and are weak roflmao... then i discovered the other dyso server which was LV about 3 days after and wam entered and wam i was the weak one =/

got my ass handed to me until i started messing around in the toolset and made my own stuff which i thought would help me, but never really very good... even though most could never hit me hehhe i think an ac of 67 was a bit too much so i changed to a elven fighter with a twist... normal fighter spec at recommended 17-20 gives greatsword so i said what the hell lets do it thus i created the person that was mass ownage for a legit dueler (no immunes, misc, spell, damage) only a hard as hell hitting tank that laid some serious smackdown on people and when i took on the chaos dragon with him i found out why they used immunes =\
so thus i created an invul char and still couldnt kill the chaos, i got royally pissed off at it and wondered "wtf" so i messed around with the toolset and i learned about editing items without toolset and made some weapons that couldnt be resisted, chaos dragon died in about 5 rounds... thus i was happy but never used them in pvp as it was very very cheap when you hit for 500 magical damage normally and so i became a regular player in pvp and i explored as much as i could of dyso and started exporting stuff left and right to add to a collection cause i thought it would be cool and i had hope in this mod that it would be something great one day, and look at that, it is something great. (damn balor and his gay rod of timestop 1 charge 50 uses)
i have always been around and always will be, i am not leaving anytime soon and i will do as i need to help out and stop exploits!!!!!

but thats beside the point, point is it is an EXPLOIT and you do NOT need to have it, period. i gave it up and dont need it a long time ago when they removed the planar eye to get around and at that point i was sure it was because they didnt want you to get to those areas with the chaos ect ect i knew how to take a hint dammit, so i didnt and let it be..
If you want something like that have a friendly mage cast stoneskin on you, thats what they are there for!!!!
learn to play the game without power gaming and exploiting as laz has done exclusively and almost has enough of those keys to supply every wr a hundred time over and you will never get rid of them all, just like the bane rings because people store them!!!!!!
lamely dammit, people wont give it up, just wait until a wipe and see how they like it then and they will find out being lame doesent pay icon_evil.gif icon_exclaim.gif

so dont think your stupid stuff means jack just lose it and play and stop whining dammit, im sick of kiddies and little brats with no respect that wanna say f this and f that all the time when something goes wrong then they go and shout spam because they lost their shit and wanna power game and whine and have people banned and garbage, these people are the ones that should be banned no, not people like drudley who i seen give a freaking noob an offer to join the lgog and 200k gold to help him start out just because he was also a sorc and a nice guy dammit, or like ogt who gives 2 emerald belts out to a newb off the boat because the guy was a good rper and was awsome and being nice and friendly and associated with him to let him join his elite little team of ass kickers its just wrong and this place is so screwed up its sad, yet one person when the dust clears will be standing, unphased by any of the chaos and blood flying around him... a rock solid person who wont budge from his position like the molten core of the earth, forever standing there watching the world pass him by from the tops of the mountains while he is being watched by the almighty chaos dragon in whatever he does as the chaos dragon is immortal and can never die death means little to gods muahahah!!!!
( thats a very bias description and not nearly all of what happend, just a quick do over as i could spend days and days typing up all that used to go on ;0 )
ok my rant is over just had to let that out

garbage simplified- Lose the Keys.
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I read the first 3 paragraphs, and I agree with what you're saying Jon..
Couldn't be bothered to read the rest though icon_wink.gif
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone cares about the key really.
I only dont like the a "rule is a rule and noone is allowed to ask about his sense thing"

Its like the funny jails in Elerina of peeps who didnt want to holster there weapons of moderators/a moderator who said "its a new law deal with it".

take half of the weapons the armors rings etc. out of the game I really dont care its not the matter of a particular item that pisses me off.
i simply hate doubtful authorities which have some kind of power (and i dont mean Bri or Conrad! ) that say "my will is your rule"
Maybe there is a lack of social competence in real life of these guys, but i always fought such persons in real.

There can be a discussion, an argument whatever and maybe at last someone says "it will be done this way". but this satement has to be at the end, not at the beginning.

Llew
Llew
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

There can be a discussion, an argument whatever and maybe at last someone says "it will be done this way". but this satement has to be at the end, not at the beginning.

too bad, the mods are instated in power and if you disagree with them you go to jail, f*cking deal with it or be banned.

thats what i have learned in my time in dyso, sucks for you if they dont like you or they will have you banned, simple as that.
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

know what?
i really dont care about it, i think i have a good feeling about justice and im always open to a good and/or intelligent argument even if it isnt the way i think.
We dont life in the middle ages and before i give up my maybe "rebelious" behave against this "authorities" im better be JoS (jailed on sight) or banned then a retreat of these guys.
Its all about "respect", and peeps like Doug, Conrad (or a bit ago) Kindo have earned my respect even if they sometimes dont think the way i do.
But the last i will do neither ic nor ooc is to respect persons which cancel discusssions with phrases like "deal with or take the consequences" as their last exit cause they dont have the mental possibilities to have a real discussion.

It dont makes life easier if you behave this way but i will never bend myself of such peeps!

Deal with it or ban me.

My my this simple "key" discussion get a bit out of control. but it really pisses me off

Llew
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of what you said sounds like its cause your mad because you cant argue with anything because its a private mod and mods/dms own it!! believe me i have felt the same way a few times until i remove those pointless emotions from my person.

its life, deal with it...

you dont argue with the cops when they take you to jail do they? no because they lay the smackdown on your ass is why.

same in dyso, except cops=mods
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and no you dont argue with the mods!
bad!!!

mods are just tools instated in human forms except they are danged golems!!!!!

mindless beasts that do their job

icon_mrgreen.gif

hehe

:: waits for a mod reply :: icon_biggrin.gif
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban the creep!!

i say Ban!!
Ban!! Ban!! Ban!!

emot-yum.gif
Arniz
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed no real reason to argue with them.
there are enuf annoying things in real life

Sometimes i only get a bit more pissed then it is worth.

Llew
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps you Llewan, the Lost Ruins key was taken out because all of the White Rose members possesed it and lied to the mods and dms about how they got it. Then Kental refused to hand over his key to the mods and was arrested. The key was taken out because the area is not supposed to be accesed by anyone.

I for one, thought it was unfair the enemy of this war could have even more damage resistance then they already had....they cheated to do so......and nobody did anything about it. I was hurt by the exploitation. So were my comrades. I am finally glad to see that justice has been served.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: