DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia Will Be Moving To The RPG Room On GameSpy!

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Dysotopia Will Be Moving To The RPG Room On GameSpy! Reply with quote

Yes, we have decided that because of the massive amount of action traffic we have been receiving we are going to move the servers to the Role Playing room. People continually mistake Dysotopia for an action MOD when in reality it being designed as an RPG/Action MOD.

This change will be happening sometime within a week so if you know anyone that's not on the forums, please let them know they need to check in the RP room to find it!

Gesh

Last edited by Geshtal on Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
PostFri 09/13/02 9:51pm
:: applause meter is LIT ::  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cheers*

Finally, I think it makes loads of sense. After you reach lvl 20 you really are role-playing as a the Eleriina City Watch or Kravenwood Militia, or whatever you happen to choose. w00t for Gesh.

*whistles*
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif

I have little doubt that you will find a better crowd of players by existing in the RPG room; those folks tend to be much more familiar with what a RPG really is -- meaning, NOT diablo icon_smile.gif

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Hieronomous Stone
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can CONFIRM that you will find a better crowd in the RP forums. Only thing you need to do is encourage roleplaying with incentives and discourage the moronic l33t d00ds and the right element, that will help preserve the fun will remain.

The rest will run off to arena servers, max out thier characters and pk/grief to thier hearts content. And they can stay there.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good plan. I was hoping we'd eventually end up there. I'm working on several ideas to make roleplay more of an issue in my own mod, i'm sure it can be usefull for Dyso as a whole. Roleplay means more than hunting mosters for Xp. It means getting involved with characters living in the Dyso world, whether they are NPC or PC.

One thing that would add to roleplaying is more theme based guilds. So far we have only a few player factions and not too much activity going on in there. I'm working on streamlining the League of Shadows and linking it to a campaing setting (Tuskendale and the other southern isles I'm working on), storylines, missions, etc.
We need Clerical churches, Mercenary guilds, Druid circles, Barbarian tribes, City guards, Noble families, etc.
Hope people get more creative roleplaywise, after all to me that's what the game was designed for.
View users profile Send private message
Ugluk
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25
 100%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but I will kill the first I hear spouting a lot of "Hail thee" and such.
Ugluk.
BTW a lot of players make no distinction between different characters of the same player.
View users profile Send private message
Little Teapot
PostSun 09/15/02 1:49am
Hail kraven  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue with people making no distinction between different chars of the same player is that often the player makes no distinction themselves. icon_eek.gif Of course with more reward and stress on ROLEPLAY maybe we can change some of that.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue with people making no distinction between different chars of the same player is that often the player makes no distinction themselves. icon_eek.gif Of course with more reward and stress on ROLEPLAY maybe we can change some of that.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in good time my people. emot-yum.gif

I cannot do anything to enforce role playing...this is something that players themselves have to do on their own...and it usually will spread because of peer pressure. If other people see you role playing, they will feel more comfortable playing their character as well...

As far as guilds go...they are really designed to be MOD supported in beta...but you can inherently form a guild and if I see lots of good activity amongst your members (such as the League of Shadows and the Mage Guild) then I will make an effort to get you at least your own hideout someplace in Dysotopia until the official guild halls are completed.

Don't come to me to start a guild! The best place to start a guild is here on the forums...get a group of followers and start role playing in Dyso...participate in battles as a group...make up your own storylines and execute them with other players...use your imaginateion and role play some! If I see people doing this then I will reward you with a branch office for your guild and you'll have a good foothold on operating the main guild in the future!

Speaking of...time to make that mage guild hideout...

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Str1der
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think moving it to RP is a great idea. Dyso is not action, it is plainly RP. It gives us lv 20's things to do so we can role play acts! That is something I am looking foward to! emot-yum.gif
Dragon Strider- working on Dragoon =p
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Bronte
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 7 / 11 EXP: 7 / 11 EXP: 7 / 11
 63%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Great Idea. Reply with quote

Glad I had the IP for the Linux box written down. I would have broken out in a cold sweat with intermitent trembling...

</Sanek>

</Xari>
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Zero_The_Rouge
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I found the server, I love it. It is my answer for an MMO. Everquest Didn't click with me exactly. I Like this though, Keep up the good work!
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: