DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

druid orginization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Druid Circle (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
sgtjake
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 14 / 19 EXP: 14 / 19 EXP: 14 / 19
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: druid orginization Reply with quote

Okay so every knows.(this is out of 2nd edition, I dont know if they have finished it in third). But druid of a set organization. I do not want to clash with what we have, but here is how they have it set up in AD&D. ( this is only for help in gorverning the lands of our fair world)

There are 9 Druids at 12th level. They govern a region of the world and a re called Initiates. To atain the title and level one most challenge that druid for the rank or there is an empty sit to apply for.

at 13th there are 3 Arch druids(like the class Arch druids). They are the ruling athuroity for an geographical region.

at 14 th there is the Great Druid who is over the 3 arch druids. He has final say if problems or issues arise.

And the last is 15th level the Grand druid. He is the highest athurity for the whole world. If the great druid cant handle the problem the Grand druid will. He also set all Druidic laws and Impliments druids lose of power and so on.

Well that is the old one. What i was thinking is changing it all to say 20th for the Arch druids,great druids and the Grand. We can have each work in a spefic area to help that area and region.

Example would be El town, there is one great druid in the town. The arch druid would work in the valley, the ogre woods and the pathto buttery fly.

Another would be butterfly field a great druid, with the 3 Arch druids at the lost woods, greeks path and dragon valley.

I thiunk you guys get the point. But remember the grand druid (which i suggest be Brother Snares has all finally say in Druid Actions) but the great druids make decision to. and I dont want this to interfer with the classes.
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really good, but I have some quibbles..

I like the idea of all druids whove not reached level 20 called Initiate. I also like that when youre 20th level, you can be an archdruid, greatdruid or grandruid. However I also like to propose about naming all the other druids who are 20th level but not one of them, "High druid".

We cant have multiple Grand Druids with 3 Archdruids everywhere because Dysotopia simply isnt big enough for that. I just say to have Snares as Grand Druid, and then 3 Great Druids (for each School), and then for each School there would be up to a maximum of 3 Arch Druids within each. These would be appointed by the confirmation of both the Great Druid for that School and the Grand druid.

icon_exclaim.gif GRAND DRUID icon_exclaim.gif

icon_arrow.gif [HEALER] GREAT DRUID
upto 3 [Healer] Archdruids

icon_arrow.gif [SENTINEL] GREAT DRUID
upto 3 [Sentinel] Archdruids

icon_arrow.gif [PREDATOR] GREAT DRUID
upto 3 [Predator] Archdruids

Or something along those lines.......

icon_exclaim.gif ((VOTE FOR THE CASTE NAMES IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY)) icon_exclaim.gif

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how we could set it up.....

Grand Druid=Snares (lvl 20)

Great Druid 1 (Druid over Eleriina to edge of great forest (including Butterfly Fields)=Zard (lvl 15)

Great Druid 2 (Druid over everything but what Great Druid 1 does)= ? (lvl 15)

1 Archdruid for each of the 3 Sects= Amar over Sentinels (he wants the job) ? over Predators ? over Healers (lvl 10)

2 notes
1) No Druid over Gloth for it has no nature
2) I won't give myself a place because that would be rude

I think this would be a good setup. What about u guys?

*Sorry if I affened anyone with their position you can change it if u like*

*note i edited this and put in lvl req*

Last edited by Jase on Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgtjake
Adept

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay like it. Lets go with lower levels on the arch and stuff well we will figure it out.

And the reason I said 20th is that must characters who have been in a while a 20th. But one grand druid of Snares. One Great druid of the class and 3 or 4 Arch druids to run the castes of each of the Classes. Bit another thought, we dont go of a game level but work our own levels internal. I am not sure how to do that, need ideas.

And yes I know there is not too much Land but I took it from the player hand book as an example. So we use the arch druids of each school to help that and the low level druids.

Keep up the idea's lets see what we can do.

Last edited by sgtjake on Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Celina
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 5 / 22 EXP: 5 / 22 EXP: 5 / 22
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think putting a select level on them is a bad idea. It's restricting, people will want to level up to 20. It's a good system but I think the level system don't quite fit in with the style of play in Dyso.
The idea of the great druid and archdruids for each school is awsome. It's an idea that has been perfected over years by the people who made D&D. Having a select area for the druids is a good idea. I dont think dyso is big enough to get to deep into that though. Maybe that can be implimented later on.

Here is Z's outline with a few add on's

icon_exclaim.gif GRAND DRUID icon_exclaim.gif (9 extra spell levels used how he/she chooses)*
3 select druids to do the grand druids bidding
(any level or alignment and they bow only to the grand druid)

icon_arrow.gif [HEALER] GREAT DRUID (6 extra spell levels used how he/she chooses)*
upto 3 [Healer] Archdruids
initiates divided amongst the 3 archdruids

icon_arrow.gif [SENTINEL] GREAT DRUID (6 extra spell levels used how he/she chooses)*
upto 3 [Sentinel] Archdruids

icon_arrow.gif [PREDATOR] GREAT DRUID (6 extra spell levels used how he/she chooses)*
upto 3 [Predator] Archdruids

The things i added were taken from the 2nd ed. players handbook. Changed slightly to fit the guild.
* the spell levels can be used either as a single spell or as several spells whose levels total 6 or 9 respectively.

These were just some ideas, and i realize it may be hard for them to be implimented right away, especially the spell levels, take care everyone.

May nature guide your footsteps, Celina
View users profile Send private message
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine from the player's handbook as well but i would like to offer a few suggestions to yours....

maybe 2 Archdruids or 1 Archdruid under each Great Druid. We simply don't have enough active members to do 3 and have initiates.

Maybe 2 select Druids for the Grand Druid? 3 is fine but it would leave more Druids for other places.
Celina
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about structure and thinking of the future, all the spots dont have to be filled right away, but it's good to have them for when we do become a big guild, but maybe there are to many in that one. could lessen it. And it could easily be expanded when we need to.
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright that is good then. But we have to get this up and running soon. So now that we have the format (if everyone agrees) we must choose who wants what position. Well we all know Brother Snares is the Grand Druid icon_smile.gif Then we can get Great Druids and we can work on the rest as we advance...
Snares
Hero

XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Shade Wolf wrote:
So now that we have the format (if everyone agrees) we must choose who wants what position. Well we all know Brother Snares is the Grand Druid icon_smile.gif Then we can get Great Druids and we can work on the rest as we advance...

Urm... icon_redface.gif Thank you for the vote of confidence Brother Shade... I'll try not to let the guild members down, as always. In the meantime I shall just monitor the progress of the new hierarchy developments as well as that of the caste system and see if everything comes together well.

A word about the ranking system... I feel that it shouldn't be operating on the druid's level because of various reasons. One of which is the fact that we'll all be level 20s in time to come, therefore somewhat inaccurate in the requirements. They should gain these ranks through the performance and merit of their character.

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout we do it a diffrent way? Let's NOT go by the books. I suggest, depending on what level you are, you recieve a title. Much like this......

lvl 5-9 initiate
lvl 10-13 Archdruid
lvl 14-20 Great Druid

This way it's set up so it works well, everybody can achieve Great Druid, and nobody HAS to look over any certain place! We're all equaly able to achieve everything and we can do what we want. Also to have a bit of Order the first 3 who get to lvl 20 or apply for it will be name Grand Druid of that particular school.
This would be Brother Snares for Healers, Brother Zard for Sentinels, and Me for Predators. And for each one there would be a back up Grand Druid that is able to make desicions if the regular Grand Druid isn't there such as Amar for Sentinels, Celina for Healers and uh...uh.....WE NEED MORE PREDATORS! icon_wink.gif
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like the idea of Level-based rankings at all, for the reasoning mentioned in other posts. You can Easily level upto 20 in a week. And then youre going to play that char for around 2 months (lets say for the sake of argument). There will be around 80% Great Druids and 20% everything else, which isnt very good. Everyone becoming Great Druids seems a bit too much.

I like Celina's additions to my own suggestion, although expecting extra spell levels for druids wont be likely for a long, long time. I also think Jase's suggestions for only 2 Archdruids for each Great Druid is better, and possible even only one.

Celina's idea of the Grand Druid having personal druids under him... is fine but we need to remmeber how limited our druid number is at the moment. Not everyone can have a high position otherwise it would just devalue the whole ranking system. The majority (~80%) of druids should be called something when attaining 20th Level, like I suggested "high-druid". The 20% should have the other titles, of Arch, Great and Grand Druid.

More to say Im afraid, Jase's idea of a "first-come first-served" principle is something I rebel strongly against. Take Silkie, for example, she was first to the Sentinel position but, she has done nothing, and has no credit for her position. cussing.gif

To sum up, I (obviously) forward my suggestion once again, with the amendments outlined above. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_arrow.gif And Jase, Id advise agaisnt calling yourself a Grand Druid of anything in the Signature until all this has sorted out, as it could be very misleading -- Thanks Jase

icon_arrow.gif icon_arrow.gif icon_arrow.gif And anyone who hasnt voted please vote for the CASTE NAMES so we can offically close off the topic and introduce them publically

Last edited by Z on Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
Jase
PostMon 01/06/03 7:16pm
lol okay Z i'll change it
and i thought i put Great Druid sorry
but i'll change it to Archdruid

sgtjake
Adept

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I say we have an intern level. Say how active you are in the circle or how much you have roleplayed your character. We need to think of something other than what level you are. I have no suggestion on this one so I need help from the gamers who have been here for a while.
Celina
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the internal levels. In the future we will have a strong force of level 20's, it would be very hard if everyone were grand druids. What I think we need is a leader, someone who can tell people what rank they are and what their duty is in the guild. I'm just a recent member so i dont really know who started this guild or was here first. But Snares seems like a good candidate to me. Or we could have votes to see who is in what positions? Either way there must be some form of leadership.

icon_exclaim.gif GRAND DRUID icon_exclaim.gif (snares)
1-2 select druids to do the grand druids bidding
(positions not filled untill our numbers reach say 40?)

icon_arrow.gif [HEALER] GREAT DRUID
1-3 [Healer] Archdruids

icon_arrow.gif [SENTINEL] GREAT DRUID
1-3 [Sentinel] Archdruids

icon_arrow.gif [PREDATOR] GREAT DRUID
1-3 [Predator] Archdruids

Should we have a vote on Snares as leader or does everyone agree that he should be. (if he wants to be) As for the other positions, well, we dont have lots of members yet but we do need a way of deciding. I suggest either a vote or Snares decides.

Nature's Healer - Celina
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Celina on the layout, but I still think that druids, reaching levle 20 should be called High-Druids and not Initiates anymore, to seperate them out. Also that an itnernal levle system would be very hard to implement. I think that just the general activity of the person and role-playing should be enough to decide for positions.
Cos an internal lvl system would a), be annoying an tedious and b), be tedious and annoying....
No vote, as its unfair to Snares, he made the big leap for the druids guild. And for the Great druids, let Snares decide I think

Celina
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good icon_smile.gif I dont think anyone will dissagree anyways with snares as Grand druid. And initiates reaching level 20 should get a new name, High-Druid. Looks like it's comming together very well, just a bit more imput from other members, see what everyone thinks of this and we're set.

Nature's Guide - Celina
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm for having Snares choose the Great Druids and then have the Great Druids choose their Archdruids. Then (after all the choosing is done) we'll be set and can start inputting our postitions into our roleplaying icon_smile.gif
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think weve agreed on it then icon_biggrin.gif Upto Snares..ah.. I apologize, Grand Druid Snares, to implement everything.

And also another point. I think we should introduce titles more firmly, we occasionally refer to each other as Brother IC, but I suggest we use a slightly more complex system, to add to the RP and not to give people kicks in being superior... or inferior for that matter...if that floats your boat.. I doubt Initiates would call the Grand Druid Brother, like an equal...

So as a starting point for debate, how about anyone who is an Initiate you just call them Initiate XXXX.
Now if youre an anything other than an Initiate than you call anyone equal or lower to your rank, "Brother XXXX", and anyone above your rank "Master XXXX". That way it can adda more rp atmosphere when talking to each other and it distinguishes the Grand Druid, as he will be "Master Snares" to everyone.

Thus initiates call everyone Master, which fits...

Celina
Master

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, good idea, I dont know if I'll be an initiate or not, but if not I would be called Master Celina by initiates? or would master just be for males. Master dont really go well for females i dont think icon_confused.gif
sgtjake
Adept

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all agree on Snares for Grand druid. He is our Man of the Hour. Three Cheers for Grand Druid Snares. As to the internal yes it is tedious and annoying, but this world is not the best for roleplaying. But when the grove comes that will change so I like that idea to. Well we sure have come along way from day one(in my opinion) lets keep up the good work. icon_eek.gif

Okay dont like Master, it is to much like a put down. But it could work. May Lord or Overseerer or something but doesnt matter really.

Last edited by sgtjake on Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Jase
PostMon 01/06/03 10:34pm
Celina for females it's not Master, it's Mistress
and 3 chears for Grand Druid Snares Hurah Hurah Hurah

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh deary me... *spills his notes all over the floor and a Tidy Badger swallows them all up* Arhh!!! *squeals*

Well... there has definitely been LOTS of development lately... And it's really great to see all this going on... *flips through his journal to keep in track* With the Caste Systems (has everyone voted yet?) and all. I've reviewed through Celina's layout proposal and quite comfortable with it. icon_mrgreen.gif It appears to be quite similar to our current hierarchy, only more detailed with the addition of the Great and Grand Druids. I personally feel that Zorrath (or Zard) and Shade Wolf deserve the promotion to Great Druids of their respective schools. If we're to implement this system we shall have to appoint a new leader for the Healers as well as the selection of the Archdruids.

As Shade has pointed out, there aren't enough active Predators or Healers to take up all the roles (Archdruids and Initiates) in the new system. As a result, we may not wish to have any Archdruids at the moment (otherwise it may be unfair to the Predators and Healers). What do you guys think?

And thank you all for your support... I certainly do not mind being a Grand Druid (so long as everyone's happy with that). And many sincere thanks to you all, the guild members, for making the Druid Circle come to life. If it wasn't for the efforts of you all, there wouldn't be a private forum in the first place, and there wouldn't even be a gathering... So once again thank you very much for making the Druid Circle an awesome place to be in.

Overall, the new hierarchy proposal seems to be nearing completion too (as with the Castes System). Maybe we could have a final run-through of everything to check for any unnoticed structural flaws... *scribbles into his journal* Alright then... I'll review the entire thread again myself and let's see how everything turns out!

Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Applause*, Thankyou Snares, and thanks again for launching the druids circle. Thanks also for the praise icon_biggrin.gif .

Yes and like Snares said, we should round things up before we move on too quickly. Talking of which, that seems to be Dyso's big problem, their always moving on to creating a new area, where old areas/quests/problems havent been polished/finished/addressed. Anyway..tahts an entirely different discussionn

icon_exclaim.gif So please, if anyone hasnt voted for the Caste System, please vote immediately, because we need alot more votes in it.

Zakkala
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that titles should shove what each druid does, when u reach a certain level (20 for arguments sake) u become a High Druid, to go to other levels, u would have to have done something extrordinary, and i do not mean to "buy" ur title by giving heeps of money.

A great druid offcourse, that is the highest authority, but it would be nice to remember RP. Im going to after the whipe be a druid elf, neutral evil (short tempered, easy to uppsett, angry and arrogant) it would not be easy to gain a higher rank like that, but at times people like that are needed (like bush icon_lol.gif ), RP should be very iomportant, even if it goes against the persons (OOC) judement.

I dont know if any of this maked sense, but RP = Higher ranking + the exploits of the character

well thats about it

Thrar Danoseven, name after whipe not yet figured out (lvl 20 druid)
Jase
PostSun 03/16/03 11:03pm
actually a GRAND Druid is highest authority and you don't "buy" your titles.......  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after the wipe Snares won't be around anymore to be the Grand Druid, while Shade Wolf would have been gone too. The positions will be opened to the rest of the Circle to fill. We shall see how it goes. Most of the high ranking druids I've appointed thus far were selected by their merits in-character, which means they roleplayed their characters and attained the titles in-game.

If you wish to take over a current high-ranking official, you may challenge him in a duel or some trial. It has to be witnessed by other members of the Circle. That's all for now, I'll try to provide more material later.

(Feel free to post your new character's story if you like!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Druid Circle (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: