DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

-=DRUIDS GUILD=-
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: -=DRUIDS GUILD=- Reply with quote

Any druids intrested in forming a druids guild, there arent many of us around which is a good thing in a way as itll be nice and compact.

Id like to be strictly druids only, multiclasses allowed but only if you have a majority of druid levels.

Ive got ideas buzzing round my head, but Im waiting for Gesh's reply and waiting for support from other players.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Seathan
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 2 / 14 EXP: 2 / 14 EXP: 2 / 14
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree, I think its a really good idea to have a guild other than the rogues and mage. As an ongoing Druid myself, as most of you might know, i was thinking of doing the same. icon_lol.gif I also think it would be a good idea to let Rangers in aswell (like sorcerors and Wizards because they are very alike. icon_exclaim.gif
View users profile Send private message
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still havent heard of Gesh yet, but hes probably busy as hell sifting through his 105 emails/day. Im not sure of the ranger thing. Id really like it to be Druids only. Im scared about there being too many people in the grove, like the overload of teh thieves guild. I understand the affinity between the classes, possibly rangers could come into the grove and use some facilities but not be a member... This is still really early, but I hope to get a bit more support and make this a bit more important.

Thanks for the post Seath tho.

Z
Uin
PostSun 09/15/02 3:16pm
Just to remind everyone, that you need to recruit and organise something before Gesh will do anything for you.  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks Uin, i thought Gesh had to say yes/no, then we go ahead and give our plans. Anyway, im trying to find more elusive druids. I was thinking of making our hq/grove something like the Big Tree in the single player campaign in Neverwinter, a nice spot would be butterfly fields somewhere in a corner, or possibily in the forests of Sylvandale. The Tree could have 4-5 levels and could be guarded by Nymphs outside like the Guard Dogs in Erliina.
I was thinking maybe that to enter you have to cast a druid-exclusive spell on an object, e.g, Flame Lash or Natures Balance which opens up a portal or something. Im still thinking about how to stop non-member druids going through. The token idea sounds good tho.
There could also be druid stores like the ones in the theives guild. I think the possiblity of custom items in there would be left till after the grove is there, but suggestions would be nice.

I hope Gesh is reading this and isnt being put off by the numbers of druids on Dyso.

Z
Seathan
Adept

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are more Druids than i first thought. There are lots of new ones started cos i've seen them emot-yum.gif icon_lol.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_wink.gif
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, My guess is that there are at maximum, 15-20 druids on Dyso. Ive asked all the regular druid players and they all would like to join the grove when its set up. All other druids players who arent regulars that ive approached also would like to join.
If youre a druid player on Dyso reading this and would like to join the grove in future. Please post your char name and support here. My player name on Dyso is Z2 if you want to chat to me.

Z
Kalania
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF this guild were started up I'd definitely join.

It's being backed by reputable and well liked players on Dyso and seeing as how the server has MANY druids and many of those druids who want to join - I don't see a problem with it.

Make this guild on the server!!

Please?

Kalania
Amarphas
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Druid Guild Reply with quote

Im a new Druid around in the Realms of Dysotopia and yea I think its great with the idea of a Druid Guild. Im in with ya all!
I play as Amarphas Di´veyh, a lvl 11 Druid so far but Im growing icon_smile.gif
See ya in there peeps

/Amarphas
View users profile Send private message Send email
kently
Noob

XP
 0%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: druids are us Reply with quote

Kent the Druid here,
A druid's guild/grove would be a great idea. I'm a lvl 20 druid (don't think I'll be advancing much anytime soon) and I think it's time that we druids get some quiet, remote part of the forest all to ourselves where we can chant and dance around whooping and yowling like true druids...a place like...

"neverneverland" or "shrubville"

In any case, I'd at least like to see some more druid specific items in the game.... maybe some kit or something.... like....
"jeshen plant staff" or "raging mistletoe"
will go away...
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yipppeee support! Thanks for support guys (and girls). Im sure Gesh is pleased were getting more support here and Im sure many druids have still to post.

Kent, Im not sure about the name yet, keep coming with ideas im sure well all agree on one. I was just thinking of our hq being a whacking big tree and calling it something like "The Great Oak"..(hmm.. that sounds crap doesnt it... lol). Ill appreaciate more suggestions about customs items, facilities inside the grove, where should the grove be?? things like that..

Z
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u shuld open ur doors to Rangers too, they are woodland defenders and im sure ud get lot more members as well, plus u spellcasters need some brutes to defend ye :0

*if this idea wa already brought up, sorry, i didnt read ne thing else*

;0
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote

Okay.. Here's my request to join.
The char's name is Nephiriim (right now a level 19 druid).
Tonight and tomorrow will be solely dedicated to reaching level 20 though icon_wink.gif icon_twisted.gif

[edit] The Great Oak is already a name of an armor in the game emot-yum.gif [/edit]
Seathan
Adept

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
I really think this guild will be well good! its a really good idea to have custom weapons for druids because there wasnt very many scimitars the last time i looked! Anyway, it might be a idea to have a few rangers but not to many since it is a druid guild not a ranger guild emot-yum.gif

Cant wait! icon_smile.gif
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cool name for the druid hangout might be The Mother Tree.

How about some suggestions for the name of the guild itself? Once some kind of consensus is reached, or at least a few options are out there, for the guild's name, I'll create a Druid's Guild forum so the guild can really start pulling together.

Fooz
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Wilderness Guild Reply with quote

I really like the idea of the druids guild although I think that guilds shouldn't be so class focused. In my opinion guild should more have a theme like the white knights conrad was talking about which can have class limitations but is focused more on an idea than any specific class. The idea of a wilderness guild was really appealing to me and I mentioned it in another forum thread. I have a level 20 barb named Vrishnak Lencian and I'd like to run one with him but I think it should be open to all the "wilderness" classes and even multiclasses so long as at least 10 of their levels are divided somehow between ranger, druid, and barb. This would make the guildhall thing easy for the DMs since it would really just need to be a forest clearing offshoot from anyone of the wilderness areas (although it'd be nice not to have to run through ogremen or anything to get to it lol). Basically I see the system working for the lower levels in the guild with the upper levels (like me) more as management. I would be more than happy to help out guild members as best I can and I'm sure if we got a few good items designed and approved by the DMs we could get sort of an item system going that gives bonuses to skills in the ranger, barb, and druid class and have the items have multiple versions which are each slightly stronger than the last and can be used as you level up.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Wilderness Guild (Cont.) Reply with quote

I didn't wanna take a mile for that last message so i started a new one lol, I didn't know if it would cut me off, but just as a continuation if you are at all interested in this idea of a wilderness guild and want to help in the creation or whatnot you can contact me at my email:

scorp57@adelphia.net

or feel free to talk to me if you see me in game my chars name is Vrishnak Lencian. Let me know what you think of this idea also admins as your opinions obviously count quite a bit heh, I'd like to put it together but while also keeping the game balanced for everyone. I have designed a few zones for a couple different other mods so I know how the toolset and all works and if this thing works out I could put together a wilderness guildhall area with a key and scripts for it and a couple items for you to approve. Those are my thoughts on the subject those so anyone who has read all thsi feel free to criticize me or whatever about it because I'm open to suggestions about how to put this together effectively.

P. S. I play on the linux server though after these next couple weeks it sounds as if the two servers may be sharing a char vault so I may be showing up on either but for now at least I can onyl really get the ball rolling on the linux server on this stuff.
Shadow_Stalker
PostWed 09/18/02 2:01am
Im a druid on the linux server that think its a good idea. I would be more then happy to join, and help out wherever i can.  Reply with quote

BloodAngel
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16
 6%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should definitely go with the "Wilderness" class theme. Druids and Rangers. Not sure about Barbarians though. That would be more of a Tribe or Clan type thing.

B icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:[ hmmmm.... Im a bit touchy on the wilderness guild, of course it could be a seperate guild entirely, but I was thinking to make this guild mainly class-orientated, like the strongholds in bg2. Im still comtemplating about rangers, but only to the extent that they will be part-members at most. I really want the druid theme to be strong in this guild, so the custom items etc. will be virtually only usable by druids.

I Do appreciate the feedback im getting though, but maybe some more on the names, faciltieis and custom items in it. "The Mother Tree" sounds ok.. maybe "The Ancient [something].." Erk. My imagination is terrible.

Z
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make a name first so u dont get branded Druid's Guild, like durdley's guild is branded The Mage's Guild.

Glorin
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Wilderness Guild Reply with quote

I've noticed alot of people questioning the barbarians inclusion in a wilderness guild. I have 2 reasons I think that this isn't a totally bogus idea. For one, everyone has the impression that rangers and druids are always associated with the forest, this isn't true, in real 3rd edition desert rangers or aquatic druids and other combos are all possible and legit. Barbarians, who obviously don't come from the city, may not stem their abilities directly from nature but certainly the gods they worship and their lifestyles are going to surround the wildlands in which they live. Certainly that makes them eligible for a guild centered around the theme of classes that stem from the wilderness. Secondly, the reason I suggest a guild for all three classes is because of playerbase. I am a linux server player and because of its smaller size the linux dyso has a much smaller playerbase then win32 which never seems to drop below 20 players at any given moment and rarely has less than 35 from all I can tell. The more people we open a guild up to without damaging the theme, the stronger and more worthwhile it can be.
NeoXro
PostWed 09/18/02 6:52pm
druidic circle sounds fitting enough  Reply with quote

Amarphas
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Names, guild items etc Reply with quote

Dont know but the word of mother earth; "Gaia" could be useful in any way withing the guild.
Like "Circle of Gaia", Gaia´s gift, ..etc etc
Was thinking mainly for the customized items, or as Guild name...whatever icon_smile.gif.
Anyhow, Im glad to see that there seems to be a growing interest about all this!
If we can do our own design on guild items such as armor and clothing, I might be intersested about making sugestions. I work some with graphic designs and such with the comp. Just need to look into what kind of files they use withing NWN. But I think its ordinary tga files, so that shouldnt be a problem.
Be well everyone.

/Amarphas
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
make a name first so u dont get branded Druid's Guild, like durdley's guild is branded The Mage's Guild.

Glorin

It is not!! emot-yum.gif

Im going to make a name.. some day...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A druid circle would be good and could excist next to barbarian tribes or ranger/druid oriented guilds. The druid circle would simply be more of a nature priesthood. Rather fanatic and focussed maybe.
Still i like the idea of having a group of guardians for the wooded areas and a druid's circle would certainly fit the bill.

As for names hmmm:

Vita Naturae
Order of Ygdrassil
The Wild Hunt
Nature's Call (...)
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think plain old, "Druids Circle" is ok. I like the other suggestions , they can easily fit in with a custom item. Im awaiting more info from Gesh and co. about the guild....hopefully i can get it up soon..:]

Z
Seathan
PostFri 10/18/02 5:29pm
Is this guild been trashed or what?  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% true because :

1. Not enough Druids to rouse support (take LoS and Mages guild, millions of them, for every druid theres like 6 mages and 4 rogues)
2. Gesh ignored my last 3 emails to him (this was ooo.. 4-5 weeks ago)
3. Im not on enough or post enough

Thanks for the temporary support/encouragement tho, we even got fooz to post here once!
Divad Nitnekraw
Noob

XP
 0%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly i would love to be in a guild based around the more natural characters. I dont mind the idea of Rangers and Barbs. Its not really a big deal aslong as mages fighters dont get in.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: