DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

-=DRUIDS GUILD=-
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
PostMon 10/28/02 9:08pm
Dont give up, we need this damn guild damnit!  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only everyone could be as enthusiastic as you Glorin, :[

I really wanted this guild before and I guess I still do, I think I will make another effort if theres enough support but the main problem as said before is that they just arent enough druids, But if other non-druid players (such as our good friend glorin here) make a noise about it (and get it noticed by gesh when he comes back) then im pretty sure itll get going.

I hope my druid-damning post in the other topic didnt scare everyone off.. maybe I have to make a counter-post...................

ZZzzzzzzzZ
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Glorin, too many cool things you could do with this guild -- cool history/backstory, cool hideout, cool specialized quests, etc. etc.

I guess it wouldn't be too awful if this guild just waited a while to get formed, though, due to the lack of characters to have as members. Maybe in a month or two..

I wouldn't expect Gesh to reply or do anything for the guild, until *after* it's formed and has an active presence in-game. I think that is basically his prerequisite for giving some of his time to developing stuff for a given guild. So, I'd suggest you come up with a guild name and/or story, and just try to find some druids in-game and start forming the guild. You don't need any kind of 'official' approval from Gesh to do this.

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear you loud and clear Fooz. I think I will try again. Im also pondering the possiblity of widening this out to Rangers aswell so itll attract more people..hmmmm....

I havent got much time right now due to er.. outside influences but Ill try to form some sort of background for this guild.

I really should edit my anti-druid post.... .....

Z
Seathan
PostTue 10/29/02 1:11pm
DRUIDS RULE hahahahahahahahah

if this ever gets started i will show everyone a real druid

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think widening it for Rangers is a good idea, as it will get more members. And if u really need to u could open it to all neutral characters as a last resort. there just needs to be some guild out there that perserves a Balance. so if the goodies take over the Druids guild intervenes and creates a balance of Good and Evil again.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, thats an intresting idea, I think that itd be good if I opened it up to All Druids and also any Rangers who are Neutral in any way... or is that too narrow and only vastly increase the numbers by around 2?

Im making a Druid char and im also working on the background to the guild.

Anyone whos reading and particularly other druids are welcome to discuss anything druid-related....., pleaseeee post.. :]
Falkhor
PostTue 10/29/02 8:59pm
Real druids don't wear diapers seathan icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostWed 10/30/02 8:53pm
as long as their lawful neutral, true neutral, chaotic neutral. itd fit with the whole Druids morals i think  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad my druid got lost in the wipe... and also too bad that after applying for the guild a while back I was accepted into LoS (which frankly, I never thought would be possible).
If it weren't for these things, and the possible conflict of interests with the LGoG, I would've joined.
Druids are a lot of fun.
View users profile Send private message
Seathan
PostThu 10/31/02 11:53am
yeah and i dont wear dipers, so there!

they're called wet pants

Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostThu 10/31/02 9:00pm
peanut butter jelly time  Reply with quote

Z
PostThu 10/31/02 9:16pm
could you keep that crap out of here please,
thanks

Snares
Hero

XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Druids and Rangers working together would be fun, but what does the guild focus on by the way, I mean, what does it do? Would be funny if the official guild mascot is the tidy badger, and during meetings everyone would have to change into one. emot-yum.gif

Are Barbarians invited too?

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!! A Druid! Sorry no barbarians, and the possibility of rangers isnt confirmed yet. Im working on the background of the guild and its main aims and goals. The core elements are preserving the Balance between good and evil and the protection of our beloved nature.
I still need to find more druids, before this guild becomes even heard of in-game.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
Seathan
PostSun 11/03/02 7:17pm
Why is it this has the most posts out of any of the other guilds?

Interesting.........

Arniz
PostSun 11/03/02 8:09pm
maybe cause most of the other guilds have a own forum section?  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support the idea of a druid's guild. It sounds pretty interesting. A force not of good or evil but that strives for a balance might be quite iinteresting to play, giving rise to all manner of dillema's. Does helping out the sick and needy all the time help preserve the balance or are some people just dying to keep the Great Wheel of Incarnation rolling, if things are too peacefull does the circle actively promote chaos to balance things out again, etc etc. For someone interested in playing out a character a druid might be quite interesting. And what if the League of Shadows taxes people in druid protected forrests? What if people insist on returning to the great forest to slaughter nature's creatures simply for the experience? Will they interfere?
Could be quite interesting...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed.
Hah. I can see it. A swarm of druids/rangers are running into the forest attacking the ones killing spiders.

One thing though; what happens when the spiders attack the druids? They are hostile....hmm. maybe some special guild thing that could prevent them from attacking the protectors of the forest.

And also, it is imossible for Druids to level. They cannot go out killing the animals.
Hmmm....how are the druids that exist now do? Where are you exping?
Sounds really tough to only attack bandits in valley and the dwarves and mummies at gereks pass. Rest of exp things are animals.
So please, how do you level? icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they can't go out indiscriminately killing animals but kill or be killed is the law of the jungle, eat or be eaten. A druid does kill, if necessary even humans, as long as he does not kill indiscriminately, ravaging the lands and upsetting the balance nature brings.
Also they hate the unnatural like undead, golems, future lords of the undead city, opressive soldiers of Kravenwood, demons, devils, necromancers, mutated animals, constructs. Plenty to kill for druids, enough to gain experience.
High wraith spiders are unnatural undead creatures.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true.
But I still think that most druids on Dyso never thinks about this.
That they are breaking character when hunting certain animals.

Also the game itself is a bit responsible. A druid should never kill stuff, and yet it is the only way to level

Would be fun to see a druid who is 100% RP icon_smile.gif
Glorin
PostSun 11/03/02 11:33pm
i think a Druid wuld get its experience from killing people of around the same level who hurt nature. but cha cant do that here ;0  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:55 am    Post subject: Good idea! Reply with quote

I know have a defender of the ogre forest! he can kill everyone who tries to kill ogres or ogreeaters and preserve the balance of nature! hehe, actuall I wanna do that whee!
Zedium
PostMon 11/04/02 6:36am
one prob with that. the ogres are actually EVIL, and above that, they hurt the forrest (ever wondered where they get those clubs from?)  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting interesting.... I believe and correct me if Im talking crap, that druids CAN kill any animals out there for xp. We could argue that for example the high wraiths are twisted and corrupted and thus when killing them we are going for the greater good, and CLEANSING the forest of its diseased/corrupted elements...
As for monstrous humanoids/reptilian humanoids, the reasoning is that we can view them as people violating and disturbing the peace and disrupting nature thus we mash them to bits.

(these theories may need rectifying but theyre just a quick response to this um...TIDAL WAVEEE of posts here......er....well we are on page 4 arent we?....)

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zed, about the clubs. if we are going to be that picky, druids would go berserk on anyone wielding wooden weapons.

And besides, druids are allowed to wield wooden sticks.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the wraith spiders yea kill em all, unnatural beast defiling mother nature, zombies, skeletons, wraiths, vampires, mummies, kill em all abominations that have no place in a clean world. Golems, aberations created in the stinking laboratories of vile mages. Animals like tigers, panthers, wolves, badgers etc are a bit trickier, look at it from a modern gameskeeper's view. Too many rabbits cause harm to the plantlife so you whack a few, too few rabbits though will cause starvation among the rare foxes in the region. It's all about preserving balance.
While this does not play a role gamewise it does roleplay wise. A druid who runs through an area killing all the animals he sees is hardly keeping nature's balance, is he?
Also still wondering what a druid would do when a player dies, should he raise him because it wasn't the person's time yet (and how would he know that?) or let his body decompose so it serves as food for the worms and trees around them, making the circle of life complete?
I'd say unless the druid knows for sure the body on the floor died of some unnatural disease/curse/leveldrain etc he should just walk by, maybe make a lil prayer to mother nature and move along.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard Druids never raises the dead. No matter how he died.
'They cannot interfere with nature's ways'

Anyway, can someone who plays/have played a druid and did in fact RP share his experience?
In my opinion druids seems to be one of the toughest to RP.
So anyone good at RP:ing a druid should share his thoughts.
Zedium
PostMon 11/04/02 4:47pm
I think neutral evil druids could kill normal animals if they would get better from it.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, is it not only that the alignment is the one saying all should be balance?
Or is it for druids always?
always thought True Netral was needed to create one.

PS: oh my. I never thought i would get into this discussion.
Never cared for druids that much.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: