DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

-=DRUIDS GUILD=-
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we need to step back a bit and see where were heading... Of course Orthodox druid beliefs are that you must let nature do its job and leave it at that - thus ressurection is wrong. To argue against this, if the previous was true, then i follows that if youre a druid and youre dying or dead you shouldnt let/want anyone to heal/rez you. If we put this in Dysotopia playing terms... basically if youre a druid.. once you are dead, you are dead..... ouchhh
Obviously thats never going to happen so... Im saying that were not orthodox druids, the guild believes in flexibility in beliefs, but careful not to stretch this "flexiblity" to stupid extremes. Thus in simple terms im saying ressurection is a yes, that is rezzing other people's char is fine and people rezzing druids is fine. Any other way will be lethal to the incentive to join a druids' guild in dyso.
To conclude, dont get too carried away by a true druid's beliefs, the First aim of dyso is to have fun, the second is to roleplay.

(none of the above is final or assumed perfect, more comments/discussion welcome.. oh and ive never rped a druid before, so anyone who has like kindo said.. pleaseeee post here)

[and Kindo, could you rephrase your question, im not sure i understand, thanks, :]

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostTue 11/05/02 5:35am
What is it that makes the druids strive for balance, is it the alignment, true neutral, or is it the class?  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss this thread for a few days and so many interesting topics raised all about Druids. Whee! With regards to Kindo's question, personally I feel it's the class that makes the druids strive for balance, while the alignments (5 of them) basically lay the foundation of the Druid's principles and personality - how he would go about striving this "balance".

Therefore: *scribbles on chalkboard*

Class = character's objectives and ulimate goal
Alignment = character's motivations and philosophies

Class + Alignment = course of action taken = x (x being the unknown variable)

As for the issue on what we Druids should and should not kill - you could always look for undead outside Sylvandale or head to Glorin's Tomb at the Kravenwood Lowlands. Perhaps the Dyso project team could consider implementing some the-living-dead-are-crawling-around-and-chewing-people's-head-off plot or you could say the ogres have killed every single deer and bunny in the forests and need to be stop, thus we come in!

Well, essentially it's just all about making up stories and role-playing I guess, so the Druid Guild should be pretty okay when it comes to all these uhh... political stuff. How many more stories can we come up with? icon_lol.gif "The Tidy Badger Clan is constantly under the attack of Bandits in Eleriina Valley, stealing the badgers main food source - loot bags and starving them to death!! And that is why icon_arrow.gif WE NEED YOU! YES YOU! TO JOIN THE DRUID GUILD TODAY AND SAVE OUR BELOVED BADGERS!!"

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great explanation Snares. Thanks.
Alignment only being the way they act to maintain balance. Yes.

It would truly be cool to have a druid guild. So much extremely fun Roleplaying that can happen. Can't wait. icon_smile.gif

Druids are truly interesting roles to play...
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seathan
PostTue 11/05/02 3:33pm
if druids become not neutral they are unable to level, so its hard enough already  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no real proper way to change alignments yet...
So don't bitch about it now, do it later when Gesh implements that icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often do you see something that changes your alignment to chaotic or lawful?

Just pick Neutral Good or Neutral Evil and it wont be hard to stay neutral

Last edited by Drudley on Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snares
PostTue 11/05/02 7:26pm
Ooohh... Things got quiet here icon_sad.gif  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LONG LIVE THE DRUIDS!!!!!!!

I think all druids wanting to form this guild should post right NOW

Druidly wants to join if this ever becomes anything
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drudley
PostSun 12/01/02 1:18pm
This post has been dead for almost a month now... poor druids  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seasons Greetings,

Yes it has unfortunately...

Z and I thought the Druid Guild would be a democratic one, with some kind of hierarchy going on - like the druid rings in the official module/ campaign in Chapter 2.

icon_confused.gif Unfortunately Z has been absent from Dyso lately and I haven't received much word from him at the moment. Nevertheless Snares and a few others has dedicated themselves to Nature's (as well as Z's) cause to gather more druids in hopes of forming a community of druids in Dysotopia.

Nature's defenders and warriors! Let us all join arms to maintain Her balance and harmony!

Last edited by Snares on Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total
Silkie
PostMon 12/02/02 2:33pm
Well, let me know what is going on with this. I am definitly intereted.

Silkie
20th Season Druid

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the druids who signed up earlier have more or less disappeared and we're pretty much back to square one, cept for the handful of us who continue to follow this thread. AS of now, I've a new proposal for this community to decide upon whether to implement it or not. Essentially this system is based upon the democratic visions of his excellency, Z. The Druid Circle (tentative title) will be led by not just one, but 3 Archdruids. These are the high ranking folk who come together to discuss about matters and finally give the verdict. They decide what's best for guild and moderate the actions of their members.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Druid Circle
... is divided into 3 schools, each with its respective Archdruid to lead and moderate:

Healers of the Oak - (neutral good only)
As the name may imply, this school of druids seek peaceful and diplomatic solutions with neighbouring communities, towns and cities. They do not believe in the use of force to teach others Nature's Ways, instead bestowing and sharing with them the Earth Mother's wisdom and knowledge. These are essentially the diplomats of Nature and will heal those in need with Her powers.

The Sentinels - (lawful netural, true neutral and chaotic neutral)
The druids of this school take no particular stand. They are ready to slay those who seek to harm Nature and ever willing to heal others as well. Instead of going to towns and cities to preach of Nature's Ways, The Sentinels spend more of their time doing patrols and scouts in the forests for any possible dangers or new happenings. (This school could be open to the rangers as well if they offer to be the eyes and ears of the Circle.)

Stand of the Predators - (neutral evil only)
The Predators feel that talk and reasoning are nothing but a waste of time. The longer druids wait, the more lands will be raped off their trees and rivers. These druids believe strongly in fighting for Nature's Balance and believe that constructions of the civilised should be destroyed and returned to Her. They are our rugged warriors. (This school could be open to the Barbarians as well so long as they fight for the same cause.)

----------------------------------------------------------

The reason of having this system is that it'll keep the diversity of alignments organised. Preds will be known to cause trouble and the Healers will be known to help others - ultimately everyone still comes from the same Druid Circle.

Comments and Suggestions?

Last edited by Snares on Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Snares!!

i hope the this Durid Guild or Durid circle gets up on its feet...Dyso needs stuff like this emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we manage to gather more druids together, hopefully we will extend to a newer thread with member listings, the names of the archdruids and more.

So to those of you who have already joined the Circle, roleplay actively in-game and let the other players out there know of our existence!! Once we've reached a decent amount of about 15-20 members and having been known throughout the lands of Dysotopia, the Druid Circle will then be able to request for their very own private forum (with the possibility of guild items if we all work hard enough for it)!!

Once again, if you have any comments and suggestions, feel free to post'em here. New druids seeking to join the Circle are welcome to send Snares a private msg, post here, or preferrably speak to Seathan Greenlips or Snares Wolfguard! So hurry!! The druids cometh!!

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Starts sharpening his +5 Chaotic keen mighty cleaving firey burst battleaxe::

/Jonathan
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that indicate sheer enthusiasm over the rise of a new guild or the sheer pleasure of the thought of having new guild members to kill...??

Anyway we welcome both! icon_lol.gif

Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Snares. Congratulations on the formation/reformation of the Druids Guild. Have you begun to meet yet as a group yet and have you sent diplomats from the guild forth to proclaim your presence and intentions? I'd love to participate in any event that you sponsor so that I may hear of the ways of your people. I will be sure to bring several who would enjoy the dialog with you.

Tiarella Jones~
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Tiarella,

Thank you for your interest in the Druid Circle. I have thus far spoken with a few individuals and there were some small and rather silly, but fun events. The guild currently consists of a mere 4-5 active players; I'm glad though, since the small handful of us are all passionate about being druids. I've been searching for awhile now and not all druids are ready for such responsibility and active role-playing. Nevertheless, Snares will continue his search for more druids to join the Circle. It won't be easy, but the idea is not to give up, keep looking and maintain whatever relations and/ or RPing that already exist.

I believe that our efforts will pay off some day...

icon_arrow.gif With regards to ranks and roles, I have not really come to assigning them yet, but perhaps once the other members agree with the suggestions, we may start on a thread to clear things a bit.

icon_mrgreen.gif That's all for now - Don't eat yellow snow!

Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds marvelous Snares. As a Cleric, I myself am not qualified for membership, however, I know of several Druids of good character that would befit your organization. I belive that they may have already expressed some interest as well, (and each are fine rp'ers). Please let me know if you are interested in meeting with them and I can help facilitate it. Fondly,

Tiarella Jones~
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again - yes that would be great in fact to have a meeting of sorts. The Druid Circle seeks to unite all of Nature's Protectors and has no alignment restrictions, which means they can be good, neutral or even evil. icon_wink.gif

The Circle is grateful of your assistances. Many thanks!

Ruben
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Join.. Reply with quote

Wel im a druid, i spoke Snares to day, and he asked me to join,

my char name is : Ruben Druidster
My Englesh. is not verry good, im sorry about that..

Im 20 years old, im from holland...

Thank you verry much...

Greetz...
Silkie
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I havent heard anything about the druid circle...who is what in it.who is taking on what roll etc..seeing as I would like to be a member....I have spoken with Snares once I think and never gotten back to me on it... icon_sad.gif
"I am a ceature of the Fae. Prepare to give your soul away. My spell is passion and it is art. My song can bind a humans heart. And if you chance to know my face, my hold shall be your last embarce." Song of the Sidhe.

Silkie
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies to all... I have to be away for awhile being busy with some stuff. Once I get back hopefully everyone who is currently with the guild hasn't abandoned it. Will start a thread for 2003. In the meantime, Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!

Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might aswell put it down on paper, to avoid any dodgy repercussions...
Snares Is and Was head of druids circle/archdruid. I apologise for buggering off for a montha dn half without anything said. Snares, as shown, has alot more enthusiasm and ideas for the guild than moi. Just saying this to make it "'*official*'".

Anyway i wish him all the best for the guild and I will support it wholeheartedly.

Good Luck,

Z

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Greetings i have shifted the guild discussion over to the DRUID'S CIRCLE 2003 thread. Please continue your postings there

Last edited by Snares on Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total
sgtjake
PostSat 12/28/02 8:21pm
i am intersted in joining a druid circle. please someone help me enter thanks.  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Greetings i have shifted the guild discussion over to the DRUID'S CIRCLE 2003 thread. Please continue your postings there, thank you.

Banshee the Druid
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... i'm new here and i wish to join the druid guild too...
i play in the linux server, my character name is Banshee, ( full druid )

See ya icon_smile.gif
RedTick
PostThu 02/20/03 1:21am
I too, am new. my name is Velikov, full elven druid, level 5  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: