DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Guild Information Requested by the King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> League of Shadows (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Guild Information Requested by the King Reply with quote

Greetings to you, the League of Shadows.

As you may or may not know, we are now officially supporting organized guilds and groups in Dysotopia. This means that I need your help in adding you into the beautiful world of Dysotopia.

What I need from your guild...

I need to know who your leader is...

I need to know where and what kind of guild hall you would like to have...

I need to know what item you would like to have to signify membership...

I need to know what special function you wish this item to perform when used. This special power can be used only once every 24 game hours and typically grants the member great power for a limited amount of time. Dream big and we'll trim it down.

Please use this forum thread to discucc final details with myself and Bri and feel free to create other threads to discuss these ideas amongst yourselves.

Thanks in advance...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gesh, I'm so glad you haven't forgotten about us! icon_lol.gif

Well, as you know, the leader is Falkhor, but I haven't seen him around recently.

As for the guild hall, well i'm hoping it'll be similar to the rogue guild in eleriina, you know, rogue shop which sells all kinds of rogue equipment, you know, typical rogue weapons, rogue armor, all scrolls, traps etc. And also a good hock shop, perhaps better than the one in el because we deserve a better one icon_biggrin.gif. And also a lot bigger than the one in eleriina.

The special item was discussed a long time ago, and i believe there were two items that were put forward. I'll edit this post or something with the details of each and you can choose one.

Thanks for remembering us,

Griff
View users profile Send private message
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a copy from an earlier thread we had going on the guild items when they were first mentioned:

Well the Shadowgate is pretty straightforward.
*Use it once to create a prefixed destination point.
*Use it on your yourself and it casts Darkness, then teleports you to another location where Darkness is cast again so it appears as though you really move through shadows.
*Number of times it can be used could be done in several ways. It is meant to limit the use of the item. 3/24 hours, once/rest, only at night.
What sounds fair?

Shadowmorph
Could have several powers, Zedium should mention his idea about it, since it was his suggestion but mine would be along the lines of:
*Doubles Move Silently and Hide skill points.
*Give 50% Concealment even if detected.
*Automatically dispels True Seeing.
*Visual effect like Shadow Shield, think it's closest to a being of shadows without changing the model to that of a shadow fiend.
*Number of times used: 1/rest, 3 times but only at night.
This setup is most usefull for all branches i think, both spies and fighters, giving excellent protection from detection and a sure way to ensure at least one good sneak attack. Only natural spotting talent can detect the rogue as magical means will be disabled.

As for the guild hall I've had one lying around for quite a while. Obviously the main guildhall would be in Tuskan but i have a regional office which was meant for Dysotopia. I can send that one, has a shop with our own uniforms and the like, has LOS NPC guards. Fooz can add the Shadowkey script to Dyso easily i think. As for which location I'd say it should be in a city, though Eleriina is too lawfull Good (not to mention not pvp). Hmmm, not entirely sure really. Any thoughts, people?
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this has to be quick and simple...we're adding these prior to tradeskills hardcore work to keep peope busy while we're working on tradeskills.

Your item that warps is not an option...it can be used to warp through walls and past doors...I realize there is a wall push that allows this already but creating an item that does it for a guild isn't something I can do.

The power will probably most likely increase thieving skills by a large amount and it'll last for say a game hour...and can only be used ONCE PER GAME DAY.

As far as the hall goes...it has to be located someplace outside of the city...it can be a building in the Kravenwood Lowlands or wherever we come up wtih a place to put it. The entrance must exit into a party pvp area for RP purposes. If I need to add a new area someplace to accomodate the addition of an entrance than I can do so.

As far as the internals...Bri is doing all the design work on those as far as areas are concerned...so you'll have to get with him. Any shops and such things wil be added by myself after the org hall has been created.

Hope that helps you focus on what I'm looking for...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want final details here, not petty talk. If you want to ask about other things start a new thread...this thread is for your final decisions only...as the original post states...
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, falkhor (also kuma a bit, who helped with the idea) and I came to the conclusion that this should become the LoS special power:

Shadow boost.
+10 to all rogue skills (including persuade, sneak attack and non thieving skills), and dispell of ALL true seeing in the area, so not only on the guy next to you, but also the dude walking on the other side of the map, the dispell effect should be for 120 secs so the targets can't counter by instant rebuff.
Visual Effects:
Shadow shield effect on caster.
People whose true seeing gets dispelled should also get some effect (would it be possible to hit them with a black pillar of light or something?)
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now that we have a general idea of how you 3want your power to work I'll figure out the details. And don't expect to dispel true seeing at all...it's going away soon enough anyway...only some VERY rare items will have the ability to have true seeing so thieves will once again be in the shadows....except to the mages. icon_wink.gif
Adario
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items should have sneak attack bonus like falkhor said!!! League of shadows will strike hard from the shadows... icon_twisted.gif something like +10 to attack and dmg when succesfull sneak attack...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> League of Shadows (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: