DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How the @#$% do I get there?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: How the @#$% do I get there? Reply with quote

I've heard something about a soulstone, but you gotta fight an uber-boss, and it isn't there most of the time... so how the heck am I supposed to get there?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get lucky and stumble upon the uber-boss sometime and, via some small miracle, beat him and get the stone ... if someone else in your party doesn't grab it first.
Geshtal
PostMon 01/20/03 3:57pm
Some things in life aren't meant to happen...it's a luck of the draw.  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
PostMon 01/20/03 4:00pm
If it is any comfort to you, a lot of players (including myself, and I've been around for quite some time) have never been there.  Reply with quote

Zedium
PostMon 01/20/03 4:08pm
I had to camp for my own stone for around 5 hours. then I needed the help of many other fighters to kill the boss.  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostMon 01/20/03 4:29pm
I soloed the gloth sentry and got my stone, no party stealers required.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostMon 01/20/03 4:30pm
I still haven't been there...  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a stone heh thanks to friends replacing mine (since the stupid seeds delete code destroyed have of my inv!!!! But I'm not complaining lol) and that place isn't anything amazing. Obviously the merchant attracts alot of people so if you want to buy something from him find a trustworthy high level to do a run for you and bring you back what you want. I don't really see it as power gaming to get theb est items if plenty of other high levels already have stacked sets of them, its evening the playing field with a little helper monkey to do tyhe work of the travelling and buying.
Little Teapot
PostMon 01/20/03 10:13pm
WTF was that last sentence supposed to be?  Reply with quote

Novia
PostWed 01/29/03 4:02am
How the heck did you solo the sentry?!  Reply with quote

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier solution to that one: Make a rogue, find some poor sap that got lucky and has a low spot check (ie: jon), and pp the crap outta him until you get the stone or the magical bag of holding that people seem to love keeping valuables in to all be stolen at once.
Jon316
PostThu 01/30/03 3:56am
who the hell is "guest" and how the frick is he posting here???  Reply with quote

Sirron Bow
PostFri 01/31/03 12:53am
I PPed mine.  Reply with quote

M-K
PostFri 01/31/03 10:07am
Why am I not suprised Sirron.....as long as you did it with style....  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostSun 02/02/03 9:50pm
lots of questions on this here thread, but, for some odd reason... none are being answered...  Reply with quote

Jon420

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLO the sentry by being a fucking master of ownage bitch

First what you do is when he leads in with a left cross you come in with a parry high followed by a trip kick low and then you slice his head off whiles hes prone on the ground or you can go and start flying around the arena with the uber monster and fighting like a jackie chan, wesley snipes, and fogel fighting style of lame uber |337ness and solo the uber boss monster, why the fuck would we design our chars for RP AKA high charisma when it wont do us any fuggin good versus the uber monsters in the mods, not like you can roll a persuade check and have the gloth sentry give you his stone for free, so everyone play sorcs and half orc melees for maximum str and dmg so we can beat the uber |337 monsters with all our godly kick ass racial +5 weps, hella bad.

nothing like a weak ass dragoon that can only win by being level 40 on as a dm cause they got no true skillZ in fighting cause they suck, but of course if you want ownage try the LV servers and around and you will learn what the definition is when you get hit by a fucking ten thousand damage hit and your character obliterated from your machine by 30 viruses from uber hax0rz, but hell its all good nothing like ascending to the position of god from the crown and controlling the flow of time and shaping the universe in my image icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

aint it so damned fucking great, lets lay some ownage bitch on everything, then you can rightfully call yourself an uber solo master of |337 bosses, aint it great? OWNAGE BITCH lets all say it and kick some fuggin a$$
Ectovult
PostMon 02/03/03 4:43pm
hmmm... I'm confused...  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said my obnoxious 420 bro, lol i gotta say you know how to stick it to em...

kick ass and take names...... lets master the universe by trying to be jon!!! omgs!!!! wowowowow well it seems most people got it right, prolly some asshole dms sold my character sheet out so all the goody goody bastards can be the most uber ass kicking ownage master to walk the lands and now everyone has one!!! whoooooooo hooooooo!!!!
The forgotten drow master
PostMon 02/03/03 4:48pm
:: watches from the tops of the mountains alongside the chaos dragon at jonathans progress ::  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
PostMon 02/03/03 8:58pm
Why is jonathon a "hero" rank in the forums? Talk about hypocricy. icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

autoegocrat
PostWed 03/05/03 12:52am
Jon420, you said it.

I'm glad you did.

Darkovn
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 7 / 19 EXP: 7 / 19 EXP: 7 / 19
 36%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ure a sorc just buff and have elemental sheild have lot of heal potions walse in there use all your horrid willign spells and finger of death and then jus let it hit away killing itself. icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address
Glorin
PostSat 03/08/03 10:17pm
that is proof that Jon is skitzophrenic  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostSun 03/09/03 1:24am
not very sufficient proof...  Reply with quote

Lucifer
PostSat 03/15/03 10:54pm
What is the Story behind Gloth Sentry?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Gloth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: