DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A few thoughts people. Mods - DM's - General Dyso
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
yeah well i left a few days ago im not bothering to play this retarded power gaming mod anymore because i have been watching the rest of the NWN world and they are right, its just a mod where people go to level up and power game, im sick of the bullcrap and disrespect i get from newbs and whiners and power abusing freaks who come in and think they own you, and when they can strip you of all ya items and knock you to level one i guess they can, but hey its only an alpha mod and we are just testers, well i say goodbye because im not listening to ya bullcrap or puting up with your bullcrap from day to day, your all pathetic lonely losers that really think a little character on a screen going poof has a inpact on the rest of the world, hmm lets see........ 20,000 characters? wow, thats incredibly low considering over 400 thousand play NWN... and i know many a GOOD rper who has left simply because of the stuff, in particular a few krynn veteran players who all say the same thing which about equals to, just a power gamer mod and server with power abusing freaks, well guess what, you say just leave and find another server? guess what, i have, no complaints no big mushy goodbyes, just gone without a trace, poof no more bullcrap, they rip local vaults off that have stuck with it for 6 months and all they do is award newbs with power over em, well sorry, i dont need it, bye.

tired of your same old bullcrap about "it's a private server, you cant do anything" well i have a news flash for you, without any players you are nothing but a wasted piece of garbage, if no ones playing it, poof, no one knows it exists and you can waste your jobs, ya houses and lives other a worthless little piece of garbage that no one really cares about....

"if you dont like it, leave"
fine, good enough for me, i will go to a different server where they can use my creativity and they want my help other than some newb that comes in and can instantly ruin everything you have worked for, for about 6 months.

im done, not wasting my time... better stuff to do with my time and energy than having to deal with your lame ass excuses from day to day

If the MOD sucks so bad, Jon, why are you addicted to playing it? Why are you so frustrated anyway? You always rant and put things down but yet you seem to love to play it. I have created this so that people like you will take out your frustrations here and not on someone IRL. Maybe you're a good example of success...

Sorry you feel this way...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Balkur
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19
 26%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the few times i have to agree with Jon... I left quietly a couple weeks ago because i was sick of the petty arbirariness of some of the mods and the petty bickering that was always present. Oh and all the constant threats of banning that people would throw out... got kinda depressing and pointless.

I've said before in a private forum post that i'm not the kind of player that draws the wrath of the mods... in fact outside of the BoC incident i've PK'ed a grand total of 2 people since i started playing here back in early September.

Gesh and Bri: your mod IS great... you've both paid a huge price in developing these lands and you both have a lot at stake with respect to ensuring the mod is played by players. But there are a lot of other great mods out there... some of which are bordering on death or have died from lack of players. My leaving has problaby been noticed by mayber 3 or 4 people max... but i am not the only one and unless you give serious thought to whom you grant power to and monitor the use of that power you'll likely find others leaving as well.

A few mods are well respected for their fair-mindedness... in particular Falkhor and Conrad... but without some sort of conflict resolution mechanism between players and mods it often becomes from the mods standpoint "we have the power you don't... its a private server and you're nothing so take your jail time because we feel its appropriate and you can't do anything about it".

I've never seen the inside of a dyso jail... have no idea what it looks like... and yet just seeing this attitude and how prevelant it is has pissed me off to the point that i left.

Most of you mods have yet to learn that authority can be granted but not respect... and without respect you're part of the problem not the solution.
View users profile Send private message
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missed dearly Balkur, by more than just 3 or 4 of us.

I think you summed it up quite nicely, power is granted and respect is earned. They don't go hand and hand but should if you are doing something right.

Who Me?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying to Jon:
Dude, from the beginning of your "grand return" all you have done is powergame. First you went on PK'ing sprees, then you bragged about how uber your characters are. Then you made 25,000 Characters and exploited to level them up. After that, you joined every guild in Dysotopia. You may "act" like you know how, but you and i both know, you are on some sort of power trip. I can't say i am sad to see you leave, because this benifits me in every way, shape, and form. I also expect your return within the month.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you think of Jon, Red, doesn't mean he's not right his time. Dyso is a severe powerlamer/munchkin server.

So why do I still play it? Well I like the completeness of the world, even tho its only Alpha it feels solid. And I've been here a long time, I want to know how it turns out.

I feel that the HCR-Lite direction Gesh is going will not solve our RP problems. While there is no longevity in the lvl up process and pimp-items are gained with ease, we are simply going to attract the wrong kinda of gamer.

And thanks for your support Bulkar, you do realise without most of the Mods, this place would be burned to the ground.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balkur wrote:

Oh and all the constant threats of banning that people would throw out... got kinda depressing and pointless.

"we have the power you don't... its a private server and you're nothing so take your jail time because we feel its appropriate and you can't do anything about it".

personally i would say that this are the 2 major issues. mainly the second one,you have to have respect for the players we are not lab rats ,we like playin here and have lots uf fun, but things like this do turn you down now and then icon_sad.gif

and getting threatened to be banned all the time, that feels bad too, i personally dont like that kind of abuse, we as players are also dedicating a lot of time here so some more respect would be appreciated

and the you have no rights attitude that many have , thats not cool either, i guess its not more than 5% of the players of dyso that visit the forums, but if you put something like, you have no rights whatsoever in the eula, some will laugh and dont care about it and others will just say, well thats just a sad and mean thing to say

have respect to your players

icon_sad.gif
Balkur
Adept

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin... one observation: did it ever occur to you that there's a reason that Falk and Conrad don't have to constantly defend and justify every decision they make? And it might have something to do with the degree of respect people have for them?

As far as this place burning to the ground without the mods, there are only 3 things that i can think of that would cause this.

1) Rampant PKing for no purpose. It could be coded into the mod (i've seen it) where the mod remembers how many times a player PKs another outside an arena area.

2) Setting traps/ summonong hostiles in a newbie area. Pretty obvious who did what... kick then ban if repeated.

3) Shout spamming. Again pretty obvious and easy to take care of. Kick then ban if repeated. Bans being 1 day or 1 week or so and if it is a constant problem with the same player make it permanent.

Ok maybe i'm blind.... i can't think of anything else that mods need to do to prevent total anarchy. If you want to add enforcing RP to that... then that takes the cooperation of all the players to be effective.
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well those are some of the issues a Mod has to target, not really a great discription of what a Mod does. Its about how best to apply the server rules. And things aren't black and white "if repeated, boot".

Example, the BoC:

In the end we found that they wanted to take up all the player slots, but before that there was not much known other that the rumours flying around. At the time Me, Falk and Conrad had a meeting with Jarent (BoC Leader) and discussed was for them to fit in, without causing problems. There was the issue that they were being killed as noobs, but but in a way the killers had every reason too. They where turning other noobs agaisnt the greater good of the server by getting them to join.

Its not simple being a Mod. You've got to cut thru the crap and get to the core facts, judge your warnings and punishments, see how well a player is reforming, continually help noobs, get players out of bugs, make sure plps OoC and IC aren't causing problems...
Erik Night
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 1 / 11 EXP: 1 / 11 EXP: 1 / 11
 9%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just because someone uses the Jail key too often doesn't mean he is too hard or such a power abuser.

On the contrary. It seems to me that you need more practice using that key. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address
Balkur
Adept

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG i can't believe you're actually citing the BoC incident as an example of how hard you work as a mod. Uin you were there at the Butterfly Fields for half the meeting according to your own forum post about it. And the rest... well everyone in the WR knew what their intentions were, as did the LGoG PRIOR to that meeting. It was openly stated on the BoC web site, which we all saw. Thats why the hunters were so adimant and relentless. As for the final result, thanks go to Conrad, not the mods in general, for shadowing their leader using the DM client to see for himself what they were all about. There was a huge meeting Christmas day where Jarent and crew were confronted by Conrad and all the hunters, and it was then that Jarent so much as openly admitted exactly what his intentions were to the entire server. If i'm not mistaken it was this meeting that ultimately convinced Bri to ban them all. You didn't save dyso that day... unless i halucinated the whole thing.

And yes, i do know how difficult it can be to maintain harmony on a server. I was a server admin for a UT server that i had running for over two years.
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what i have to put up with:
I am standing on the street corner in Elerina near the rift and i was telling everyone that they suck. "Hey Griff" "Yeah?" "You suck Griff"
Eventually i am approached by Uin OOC and Ameli IC. Ameli is telling me to stop and Uin is demanding i stop and publically apologise. When i refuse i am turned into a penguin by Aspen. Then an attempt at an arrest is made but fails due to location. Then i am DM killed but raised by Griff. I am once more polymorphed, unpolymorped, then arrested. This is blatent abuse of power by Uin and espically Aspen. Keeping abusive or otherwise bad players out is one thing, harassing me because you have power or some kind of personal bias. You can't say you two do your job right after that incident. That was Uin's 408574387045074 power abuse and Aspen's overall third tword me.
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: tired of the same old song... Reply with quote

Ok, I for one am so tired of hearing the phrase " this is a powerleveling server and not an RP server." Well guess what, anyone, and I mean ANYONE saying that better pull their heads out of their asses. How many of you have actually done any amount of playing on those other "RP" servers out there? Hmm, lemme see... I've played Krynn, the Drunken Bastards, and dozens of other ones, and was bored stiff after completing the one and only quest per mod. After the one quest, poof, powerleveling time, because there's never a DM on, the DM won't aknowledge you, the players are too damned good to join up with you, etc. etc. etc. You wanna know why no one hardly ever saw me in game, until recently. Well, it's because I'm out there trying out the 1000 or so different "RP" servers. About a month ago, I got so damned tired of hearing nothing but constant bitching, that I was going to shutdown the servers. Why? So I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I was going to find some other group out there that needed a host and was willing to have fun playing. And you know what I found? Jack, nothing, notta. Why? Because no one out there had a true RP mod and no one else out there wanted to play RP style.
My point? If you don't like the mod, go make up your own and play on that until your little heart's content. We'll still be here waiting when you realize it's harder than it looks to come up with a 100% RP module that has 100% RP players on it and entertaining those people without having a bit of power leveling. So, now a question. How long did it take you who complain about this server being not being RP, to reach level 20? A week? I've been playing since Brain and I set up my servers to host Dyso, and I'm STILL not there! All I (and everyone else for that matter,) hear is constant and childish bitching. When was the last time you thanked Geshtal, Brian, the DM's, the mods, or even the players for creating, maintaining, and being a part of a world that many of you have spent months and months coming back to?

Mitch
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer wrote:
Here is what i have to put up with:
I am standing on the street corner in Elerina near the rift and i was telling everyone that they suck. "Hey Griff" "Yeah?" "You suck Griff"
Eventually i am approached by Uin OOC and Ameli IC. Ameli is telling me to stop and Uin is demanding i stop and publically apologise. When i refuse i am turned into a penguin by Aspen. Then an attempt at an arrest is made but fails due to location. Then i am DM killed but raised by Griff. I am once more polymorphed, unpolymorped, then arrested. This is blatent abuse of power by Uin and espically Aspen. Keeping abusive or otherwise bad players out is one thing, harassing me because you have power or some kind of personal bias. You can't say you two do your job right after that incident. That was Uin's 408574387045074 power abuse and Aspen's overall third tword me.

lol, the Dysotopian Festival of You Suck or something. Of course Red's not allowed to be punished for acting like a twat. icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh and Red, the Penguin and stuff, was all me. icon_wink.gif
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

????? It was icon_question.gif
I thought it was you but Gesh had told me that mods didn't have acess to that so i assumed Aspen did it. Wow, sorry for the accusation Aspen. But that was all within the boundries of roleplay, it is street comedy and i love it. A lot found it funny, but apparently some people didn't. Spend less time abusing me and more time playing the game for what it is.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I feel that some ppl wouldn't know a joke if it kicked them in the head, screaming "I am a Joke" in their faces. A lot of you are too serious.

Griff
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, but sometimes in order to keep up with good modding you have to be that way. A good role player isnt always a good moderator, and a good moderator isn't always a good role player. It takes a balance of both. I believe that all of our mods have this nice and balanced. icon_lol.gif

Yuna Braska / Terra Branford / Rinoa Hartilly / Beatrix Steiner *new!*
KitsuneJin
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Dark Side Reply with quote

Hehe, dark side... Kuma? Nahhh!!! Women? Hell yes! Hehe.... icon_cool.gif

No matter what someone does, someone will always be unhappy. Kuma needs to make decisions that will make the largest majority of people happy. So far, she has done that well. People are trying to take advantage of her recent position of power, and for that you should be ashamed! It is actually hard work doing what she does, IC and OOC. You always say that you don't want power Griff... you say it corrupts, it makes people bad.... but she has done everything to the best of her ability. I will stand with her 100% as I was fairly good friends with her before she came into power. Did she change? Well yeah, of course, that is something she knew would happen when she accepted the terms. But is she still my friend? Hell yes! I would never let something like that get in the way of a friendship!

You go girl!

Edit: Oh, and sorry about the women thing for all you girls out there... including you kumas! emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: