DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Order of the WhiteRose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think attacking someone because the player switches a button from like to dislike is particularly good roleplay. it's not like everyone has a neon sign or beeper alert that detects dislike. I'd have to agree with Fredo on this. If you want to roleplay detecting someone dislikes you it should be roleplayed. But the victim who goes to dislike might type in something like: *glances over her shoulder at the person following her* or in the case of a more agresive stand: *defiantly stares you down*
View users profile Send private message
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was not PPing her, but if she had a reason to go hostile to me, she should have stated that roleplay wise, but point taken Falkage and Fercinator
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when someone goes Hostile on you...Your pp checks go up by ten, because they are suspicious of you and are watching you. You are mixing game mechanics with Good RP. If I saw a well known Theif on the streets I would watch him closely too.

Who Me?
View users profile Send private message Send email
laz
PostThu 12/12/02 12:25am
Please welcome Emerald Moon into the Order of the WhiteRose.  Reply with quote

Doug the Average
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25
 84%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: My Resignation Reply with quote

Effective immediately I am resigning my commission as commander and also my membership in the White Rose. I wish all of you nothing but the best.

Doug
laz
PostThu 12/19/02 7:17pm
Please welcome the Oorder of the WhiteRose's newest member Achilleas Myrmydon.  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Welcome Gian Arnes to the Order of the White Rose. A good and noble freind of mine.
----------------------------------------
Grok
Gian Arnes
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stopped by to say hi. Im proud of the White Rose and I hope to meet each of you soon. icon_smile.gif
laz
PostSun 01/05/03 6:07pm
Please welcome the WhiteRose newest member Divinty Loren.  Reply with quote

Weeman
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem with the hostile thing.. If one person happens to have a summoned of some sort. And then a player decides to dilike the one with the summon.. The summon will attack.. That is then considered agression and will blow up. That seems to be a fine line to cross.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elex
PostSun 01/05/03 8:51pm
whats the connection here weeman? icon_confused.gif  Reply with quote

Weeman
PostMon 01/06/03 1:14am
Was commenting on the attacking part when someone turns their faction to dislike towards you. Thats all  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC: After days of constant attacks by the LGoG, the WR had enough. We decided to give the LGoG a taste of their own medicine, and struck a fierce blow to them. In the dark and forbidding Emerald caves we fell hard upon the LGoG, blood and weapons flew through the air, and all the LGoG lay dead. The ambush we met as we left the cave was stopped and again none of the LGoG was left standing.
There comes a time when talking, and trying to make peace is not enough, we tried and were met with constant broken promises. I believe in honor and duty, and it pained me to attack those who I have grown to respect like The Black Paladin and Tia; there association with the LGoG speaks of the approval of all the evil done.
We must be willing to teach them respect for as much as we have tried their respect has not been earned, perhaps when they have had enough of what they brought down upon us, and then they shall sue for peace.

Until such time as the LGoG have learned reason, I must fight them, it is my duty.
And though my heart wishes for peace, I will do what I can to teach them to feel the pain in even measure to that they have delivered
To the White Rose.

Grok
snewo
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC (of course):

I was there and was caught in the crossfire as well. The WR "justified" their battle by attacking a party that had Red in it. That was their attack on the LGoG. So in attacking Red, they proceeded to kill Black Paladin, Tiarella, and myself. Praise Mask that I was able to fight again.

They proclaim this as just because they say Red has done this to them in the past. So what have we learned about the WR through these actions?

1. It's ok to kill 3 times as many innocents as the guilty. (Assuming they were telling the truth about Red)
2. If someone kills you, you are allowed to kill that person and any people they travel with....even if they are unrelated to your war.
3. You are also allowed to steal as many items from the innocents as you can.

Their excuse of us attacking back is pointless too. Of course I'm going to defend my party when attacked. Thinking I would do otherwise is just foolish.

I beg all of you WR members to look at the above items and see if they are in the WR charter. Is THIS the type of organization you wish to support and defend? If so, those of you staying with them defend a corrupt and evil organization that tries to hide behind a good ideal.

I, for one, will never support the WR in these actions and I would never join such an organization.

Snewo Papskin
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, again people want war, and get war, i agree mostly with what Snewo has said above, the White Rose may be losing the right path, they may be giving in to human(and ofcourse those of other races)weaknesses, and i think that they ar getting more and more corrupt. I am saying this, so the, at heart, good Guild of the White Roses, can repair itself. If it des not, i would happily adopt anyone who cannot live with the White Rose anymore, into my guild.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple Question is membership in the White Rose by Chara or Player it seems by player otherwise how do you have all those little kental types claiming to be members swapping from fighter to mage in front of your eyes at least thats been coded out all praise to Kraven...Or all the Muds in their different guises or all the Laz ss for that matter...This multiple membership routine is crazy at least in the LGOG we have ONe chara per player only cant you adopt the same standard....though it would cut your role of Dishonor if you did
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Divinity Loren
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Gian, Grok and Laz. Each have helped this one many times as the situation at hand required.

Gians help has been so plentifull it vastly exceeds the scope of one post.

Grok has helped me a great deal in learning the land, both in the manner of layout and in the manner of possible encounters therin and the effective tactical responses to them.

And most recently Laz has aided me by bringing this guild to form, and by inviting me to join it.

To the WR guild members not familiar with me I would say in introduction, consider my skill with blade minimal and my skill at healing formidable.

If in need, call.
laz
Grandmaster

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is by character. Young Kental has been switched for reusing the same name and told to knock it off. There are many characters who are not WR guild members with players who have a charcater or two in the guild.

This war is not mine... it is Glorin's and Red's Personally ooc: I am sick of war. Now Snewo mentions an incident that occured. All the people there had an opportunity to leave and chose to stay and fight. They also chose to come back a couple more times and fight. What he doesn't mention is the two days of some member and non members getting jumped buy a large group of LGOG, they were killed and disarmed.

Red and Glroin both declared war on us in person. Glorin even went to the trouble of cursing my character, literally. Over what a stupid incident in the EM caves which truth be known was caused by a non WR member atagnozing Skip.. I got invovled when he killed one of my members. The incident should have died that night. But LGoG wanted war. Why, because they are bored. In the old days we use to handle these things incident by incident. I still think it was better that way. But lots of things are diffrent now.

I have a very simple philosphy on war. "An eye for an eye". I warn all new members and non members I travel with that we could attacked at any time. Sometimes it is dangerous to be around us because of the War and the atatcks on the WR members.

We do foolow the tenets, we help lots of people in small and big ways. The thing is I and the otehr memebers don;t go running around saying,"See me I did this so I am good".

Who Me?
snewo
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The war was yours and Glorin's and Red's that is correct. Why you choose to include Tia, Black Paladin and Myself is just bad judgement on the WR part. As I understand it Glorin has been trying to arrange a peace with you. Perhaps you should meet with him on this matter instead of attacking innocents.

Snewo
Grok
Grandmaster

XP
 11%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was regrettable that Snewo, Tia, and The Black Paladin (does she have a name ? hmm perhaps Becky) were attacked when with LGoG, One thing you may notice... icon_eek.gif
We on several occasions have said this and mean it your casualties were unfortunate, but this is war.... not ONCE has an LGoG said "I'm sorry an innocent was harmed" do you know why? Because to them ...there are NO innocents just victims. Now I realize that some have shown honor and I respect them, but I can't deny the continual attacks both upon WR members and many innocents of Dyso.
Do you see town guards? Do you see anyone or guild collectively trying to help to keep order, stops murder, or keep the peace. No...And because we do WE are THE targets for all evil. Both the active in your face types, and the propaganda types, who spin the truth to their own flawed perceptions. icon_rolleyes.gif
So we are the guild who say an Eye for an eye, not the like the LGoG who's real motto is Lie, Lie, Lie...and pretend to be inocent.
GTang
PostTue 01/07/03 4:12pm
I don't suppose there is a guild out there that holds mercy over retributive justice.  Reply with quote

laz
PostSat 01/11/03 5:27am
Please welcome the Order of the WhiteRose's newest memeber Oral Littlebottom.  Reply with quote

laz
PostSat 01/11/03 5:27am
To answer your question, sometimes Jutsice is mercy and siometimes it is not.  Reply with quote

laz
PostTue 01/14/03 12:34am
Please welcome the Order of the WhiteRose's newest member:
Seven O'Nine

laz
Grandmaster

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snares Garoul has left the order of the WhiteRose to follow another calling. He has left in good graces, with all our love and freindship. Good luck to you Snares in your new calling!

Who Me?
Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Laz. You had been an inspiration being the leader of a guild and I would like to thank the White Rose for having accepted me into their ranks when i first drifted upon the shores of Dysotopia. It was fun. icon_cool.gif

Wishing the Order of the White Rose best of luck in their future endeavours.

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
laz
PostSun 01/19/03 5:50am
Please welcome Erik Night to the Order of the WhiteRose.  Reply with quote

Erik Night
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 1 / 11 EXP: 1 / 11 EXP: 1 / 11
 9%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be here.

I wouldn't have thought twice about running with the Order of the White Rose unless they seemed decent folk to me.

But don't take my word for it. In fact, don't take anyone's word for it. Just look, watch, and listen for us, and you'll see for yourselves. That's what I did, and that's why I'm here.

Another thing that struck me as interesting about these guys, is that, they were not interested in my abilities at all really. There's nothing in the high level areas, other than the glathers, that I can hit on anything other than 20's.

And, yes, Laz did warn about becoming tageted. Whatever. I'm not too concerned with it. Like I said, my abilities as an uber fighter aren't all there, so I expect to die repeatedly (no, make that, ad naeseum). The RP'ing is the meat and potatos of Dyso, for me anyways. That being said, I, as Erik Night, have something which is called a soldier's honor. Becuase you may, or may not be an enemy on the field, does not mean that we cannot down a few ales at the inn together. Business is business, but warriors are warriors, no matter their trade. We all have our duty to kith and kin, seperate though they may be, but we have something in common. And I will respect that that for my part, as long as you do yours unto me. Violate that, and it becomes personal. Otherwise, I'm an easy earned friend, and easy earned enemy.

Me? I'd rather be drinkin' mates. icon_mrgreen.gif

--Erik Night.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address
laz
PostMon 01/20/03 12:27am
Please welcome the Order of the WhiteRose's newest members:

Will Ryene
Icendale

Oryon007
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 1 / 11 EXP: 1 / 11 EXP: 1 / 11
 9%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh! ogg like wite rose too! blue man (erik) and laz help ogg. wite rose good guys!
..........ogg kill good!!!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

~Oryon007~
-----------------------
Knowledge isn't information, it's transformation!! -- Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: