DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Closed business

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Closed business Reply with quote

Why the heck did the shopkeeper close his business anyway? i bet he was making some good money! icon_smile.gif
Where am i gonna buy DECENT scrolls now?

*sighs* icon_confused.gif
BriHurley
PostWed 01/22/03 4:02pm
Tradeskills will supplement this feature...  Reply with quote

zak_fel
PostThu 01/23/03 1:47am
In the mean time, where am i gonna buy a taralash!?!?!?!?!  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Mr. Ramar still there anyway? First I walk up to him and he greets me in the manner of a shopkeeper who wishes to do business, than he whips me with his broom and tells me to go elsewhere to spend my money... Sheesh! What a grump! Shouldn't he be moving on with his life? Maybe he could start selling some Kravenwood delicacies instead... cotton candy... or something... Or offer to give you a smashing shoe shine which gives you temporary Haste. Good for outrunning trolls and assasins yeah?

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Or offer to give you a smashing shoe shine which gives you temporary Haste

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

That'd be nice... hadnt thought of that one icon_smile.gif

Anyway, WHILE the tradeskills dont come, we should have some place to buy stuff that Ramar sold... icon_confused.gif
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Anyway, WHILE the tradeskills dont come, we should have some place to buy stuff that Ramar sold...

If it was meant for you to buy the things that Ramar sold, then Ramar wouldn't have stopped selling them, silly
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point... lol
I expressed myself wrong.
What i meant was, by removing Ramar, you removed EVERYTHING he sold, not just part of it... i understand that what he sold was a bit "overpowered" if you like, but removing ALL of it seems a bit extreme... especially when it comes to scrolls... no DECENT scrolls available now icon_neutral.gif
Y
PostThu 01/23/03 3:20pm
actualy we dont know why the shop is closed...

and it does not make much sens actualy

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually all +4 and above items are going to be disappearing...as well as all other items above level 15ish...so you'll all be crying over it shortly. MUAHAHAHA icon_twisted.gif

This is how we plan on balancing things out for the time being...don't worry about those impossible to kill creatures...they will be scaled down so that you can still defeat them...-maybe-.

By decreasing the overall availability to these high level items we will be able to actually create quests for special weapons and someone with a +4 wil be feared in the lands...imagine findhing some +4 soak armor when 90% of all people have a max of +3 weapons....you would be invincible and the armor would be well sought after!

This will also help to promote people to use tradeskill items...which can be of any quality...however it takes over 40 hours of playtime jsut to master one skill so the economy will be developing insanely...

Trust me on these decisions...I've brought things this far, haven't I? icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:
Actually all +4 and above items are going to be disappearing...as well as all other items above level 15ish...so you'll all be crying over it shortly. MUAHAHAHA icon_twisted.gif

This is how we plan on balancing things out for the time being...don't worry about those impossible to kill creatures...they will be scaled down so that you can still defeat them...-maybe-.

Woohoo, that's the best thing I heard so far! But don't forget a vault wipe then, or take the old items from the existing chars, cause I think there are too many bags of holding full with nice items in the game icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I like that, the one thing i dont like, is for monks(yes i am going to whine, and yes i only play monks). Namely, this: the best items in the game for monks(Robe of the Dark Moon and Gloves of the Hin Fist) are really not that good, and can already be used at level 9. Yes, you read it correctl, level 9. Now, this normally isnt such a problem, since they have some really good boots. The problem monks will now face is this: The Robes of the Dark Moon are no longer available, since only Ramar had those, and the Boots of the Sun Soul(the only real good monk item) Are now only available in their lesser versions, the AC-bonus only ones.

Well, that's my complaint, see what you do with it.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah probably closed by the authorities for gouging..I mean look at those prices ...the man was a crook ...I bet he didnt pay his taxes ...good riddence I say
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Elex
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 8 / 14 EXP: 8 / 14 EXP: 8 / 14
 57%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowcore, have you ever been in gloth? in gloth i saw some good high lvl monk armors (i saw 2 icon_smile.gif ). and the monk gloves in gloth are the best (i wish i was a monk just from looking at them). and the best boots for monks are really those in kraven and they are +4 ones and add +2 to dex so they are very good since other classes can only use +3 ac boots. so i say you should go look at gloth ( ill give you a stone to go for a visit if you dont have one yet)
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elex, Ramar had the +5 boots of the sun soul (which were by FAR the best ones). Also note that rogues and bards can use them with the use magic skill, just perfect icon_smile.gif.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Yes, I like that, the one thing i dont like, is for monks(yes i am going to whine, and yes i only play monks). Namely, this: the best items in the game for monks(Robe of the Dark Moon and Gloves of the Hin Fist) are really not that good, and can already be used at level 9. Yes, you read it correctl, level 9. Now, this normally isnt such a problem, since they have some really good boots. The problem monks will now face is this: The Robes of the Dark Moon are no longer available, since only Ramar had those, and the Boots of the Sun Soul(the only real good monk item) Are now only available in their lesser versions, the AC-bonus only ones.

Well, that's my complaint, see what you do with it.

i agree, robes of the dark moon shuld be available in Eleriina as they are only lvl 9 required and necessary for a monk as they give the haste.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find using Boots of Speed and Shining hand robes just as effective if not moreso than Dark Moon and Sun Soul, since armour AC is not excluded when flatfooted.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that im complaining but i mean, you should re-open ramar, many people need him , the tradeskills will not happen in a long time, and the monsters will not be tuned down in a long time, what is people supposed to do in the meantime? and i bet this will be a weeks if not months meantime

just my humble opinion
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, Ramar did not *only* have those high level weapons/armors, he had some low-level stuff that noone else had aswell. It would've been best if the lower equipment, like 15 and under, had remained for sale somewhere atleast. If not at Ramar, maybe in Eleriina. There are some lowbie stuff you cannot buy anymore, and I doubt that you meant for Wisdom amulet +1 to be removed only to have it in Tradeskills.

Also I would like to express my worries about the +4 weapons becoming very rare. I back that fully, I like the idea and all, but there will be some assholing. I have been through that before, someone hears about someone having a rare (if not unique) weapon, and the PLAYER wants it aswell, so he goes out on assing spree, disarm/rob the weapon at all costs. Some people just *need* to do that. But I guess that is something we will have to deal with later.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just gave up on carrying weapons, i get dissarmed all the time, it hurts to lose expensive weapons, heh
i want a bottle of wine that i can carry as a weapon and that is impossible to dissarm! thank you in advance
Nefiorim
Elder

XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wanna get disarmed? Put points in discipline!
Don't wanna get robbed? Put points in spot!
Etc, etc. It requires certain character building.
It's as simple as that.
Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Actually all +4 and above items are going to be disappearing...as well as all other items above level 15ish...so you'll all be crying over it shortly. MUAHAHAHA

Thanks Gesh

And, I agree that some items like Robes of Dark Moon should be made availiable like Shadowcore and Glorin said...

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Concur Reply with quote

I concur, I like the idea of having the tradeskills provide the special items. This will add more flavor and playing to your module. Limiting what you can buy is always great when you can make it yourself. Not only that but it will add to peoples characters more often. You're right, monks should have to have their things made too though, but I have a strong feeling that Gesh has already looked this over. Right? icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nefiorim wrote:
Don't wanna get disarmed? Put points in discipline!
Don't wanna get robbed? Put points in spot!
Etc, etc. It requires certain character building.
It's as simple as that.

even if i maxed out discipline as a cleric its not more than 12 points or something, thats a weak statement you made there, even if i had 22 points in discipline, against the good dissarmers you have to beat a real high number, only rolling max number all the time it could help, but of course in the real world you cant roll 20s all the time, so thats why i dont wear a weapon anymore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Kravenwood All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: