DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

eXiled Spirits <xS>
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Messiah
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33
 87%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:

Relogging
Wall pushing
Vulgar language
OOC Intimidation against other players via forums and in-game talk
Constantly mixing IC/OOC knowledge between characters
OOC Intimidation against other players over posts made on the forums
PKing anyone nearby, no RP involved
Disarming/PKing anyone nearby, no RP involved

Relogging --> I relogged to save my char , and I even waited 5 minutes offline when I was not dead (I was rezzed) , and Sirris (a mod) was standing beside me , and I got disconnected . I wonder Sirris is doing it herself , disconnecting me or such , because it always happens when she is beside me , I get disconnected . And even if you wait offline 5 minutes , and you relogon , she boots you ? Why ? Because she wants to icon_smile.gif

Wall pushing ---> Yesterday I warned a guy who wallpushed while we were killing dark lord , he jumped inside the region . He had a lengthy name . And if I wall push why do I try to kill arcane all the time ? And Sirris the wise(!) mod was believing a rumor(!) that I had a collection of 10 Emerald Tomes in my inventory . Well when I tried to get the second one , it gets disappeared and she doesnt know this lol .. this was so funny . I had millions of money , got inspected by Conrad several times for my inventory (he didnt find something illegal , though he was a filthy thief to steal my belongings) .

Vulgar language ---> Yes I did , once to Lydia Hope . And I got booted for 10 minutes and I deserved it . But I didnt do it for random (she had stolen our loot) , and we became friends after that .

OOC Intimidation against other players via forums and in-game talk
---> With putting an "ooc" tag , I do it . If you want to point someone else doing this kind of thing , look at Selenia's postings . I have always put ooc tag if I used it .

Constantly mixing IC/OOC knowledge between characters --> Conrad , let me counter say . You always mix , DM/IC knowledge you know . In other mods I played , DMs couldn't play IC , and the reason was because there are DMs like you , that ruined their DM power .

Disarming/PKing anyone nearby, no RP involved --> Yeah I killed it for fun ! No way , I didnt PK randomly , never . Unless anyone does something against me and sometimes you don't have a chance to talk this in RP because she comes and steals or attacks you . For the disarming ? Well I got disarmed many many times by WR that I just built a character that had 60+ discipline and a very good disarm against them . They never offered me to give my weapons or staffs back , but I have offered this except once (my first time) .

So for Vulgar language I accept . The other things , I don't accept . You just have banned a good RPer . And how does a person do good RP ? By sitting on a bench %90 of the time and talking and talking ... We are playing a COMPUTER GAME here ,you have weapons and armors and all . You use them actually !!!! I RPed my Lawful Evil char , and the other True Evil char . One was always lawful (that didnt mean obeying others) , and the other one was a true evil that used these terms in a good way .

Let me tell you a conversation between me and Skip Williams (Eararil was a witness too)
Skip : Why don't you build a Lawful good character , so that you can have better spells and better gear . You can play evil even if your character is "good" aligned .
Messiah : Nah , I don't wanna be a good goody . Even if I lose some advantage in gaming , I will still be Evil all the time . That's what I am in playing .

Conrad , you should at least have tried to talk to me before doing such a thing . Well , your time is so precious and you wouldn't try that right ? Ooops , sorry .. I am not that bad person as you think of . I could have been one of a really good players , as I always accepted I was in a development in RPing , but you were always prejedius about me . That'S the biggest handicap of yours dude .

Messiah

" I want a reason to die for , to make it beautiful to live "

Founder - coleader of the eXiled Spirits<xS>
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and about Solo sucking up. Sure he does, and a mighty fine suck he delivers too. emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh, and about Solo sucking up. Sure he does, and a mighty fine suck he delivers too.

too bad it's a oneway street there. icon_cool.gif
EDIT: incase you didn't get that i was talking about the "good" not the sucking, he does that icon_wink.gif well ...... he tries

Last edited by Solo_Core on Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I try to talk to DMs or Mods if they don't try to talk to me ? Ogt adviced me to talk to Conrad (he likes Conrad for some reason) and I was going to do it but I got banned lol ... icon_lol.gif I mean I can talk to them , but I don't do it intentionally . I mean that's my character , because one person is a mod or DM doesnt mean that I should talk to him or her , but I can do it as a normal person if they show intention of course .

And I never ever obey . That's rule number 1 . I get sick if I try to obey some law or rule that I find stupid .

I didn't kill people all for nothing if they didn't do something against me . Kindo I don't know your ingame char , but when I pickpocket and even if I wasn't caught ingame , and you saw it in the logs (your lost item) and you attacked me , then I killed you icon_twisted.gif Or we are fighting Dark Lord , and you used our Emerald Tome to get in , and try to kill Dark Lord with that , I might have killed you in that region . Let me tell you my first meeting with LaZ , I was accepted in by some WR member , was JUST watching with 3 of my friends there and LaZ came and killed us without saying anything . I have been killed like 200 times without being RPed (mostly WRs) , I have been disarmed 100 times by WRs without being RPed , I have been Pick Pocketed 100 times by various people . I never ever complained to DMs or someone else . I just played ... Life is tough , the game is tougher . People in Dyso likes whining to DMs and that's what that irritates me the most . Is it logical ? I mean there should be evil players that would kill you or PP you or disarm you of course . Don't be so weak ! Bah ...

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe I need to refresh your memory. "Roido is standing in a corner, looking into the wall. Roido takes a few steps. Keeps looking into a wall. wismerhill comes running, stops near Roido. Then Messiah shows up (the LAWFUL evil guy). Messiah makes strange movements with his arms. Roido dies."

Remember now?
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing ...

You guys always blamed me of being "Power Gamer" or "Power Lamer" . Well , you were all wrong (especially on second run) . I always played a "Power Monger" not others .

And being a "Power Monger" is RPing too . Who would play the Sauron in LoTR ? Conrad ? icon_wink.gif

My ban only shows one thing , other tales such as not RPing and others are all bullshit . DYSO DOESNT WANT ANY EVIL POWERMONGERS in it !

Nothing else , others are all masks to this ban .. don't lie to yourselves .

Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Hmm, maybe I need to refresh your memory. "Roido is standing in a corner, looking into the wall. Roido takes a few steps. Keeps looking into a wall. wismerhill comes running, stops near Roido. Then Messiah shows up (the LAWFUL evil guy). Messiah makes strange movements with his arms. Roido dies."

Remember now?

No ! Who the hell is Roido ? What class was that ? And why were you standing in the corner . I really don't remember . And are you sure that I killed you ??? I don't kill randomly with Messiah , there SHOULD be a reason if I have killed .

With my other char , I didn't randomly killed as well . He pick pocketed , and if I am not caught ingame , and the guy realizes that with logs and starts attacking me , then I disarm and kill him (not with Messiah , but other char) . Otherwise he doesn't walk around and kills people randomly as well , although he was "more" evil than Messiah .

Last edited by Messiah on Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, either you were very drunk or you are trying to deny what happened.

Anyway, Roido is one of my oldest characters (second oldest). Play with him from time to time. His class doesn't really flash above his head (like his name does) but needless to say, he is the mightiest rogue in all Dysotopia. And what was I doing standing in a corner? I don't know really. And on the question if I died...YES I DIED. To be mroe specific, the strange movements with your arms were the casting of the spell Finger of Death. And instant death spells kills me, you can be sure of that.

Last edited by Kindo on Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Who the hell is Roido

roido is a complete crazy halfling who likes to pretend to be a beggar.
Quote:

What class was that ?

how would that help you remember?
Quote:

And why were you standing in the corner

he was taking a piss! duh!
Quote:

And are you sure that I killed you ???

let me see......... YES
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
oh, either you were very drunk or you are trying to deny what happened.

Anyway, Roido is one of my oldest characters (second oldest). Play with him from time to time. His class doesn't really flash above his head (like his name does) but needless to say, he is the mightiest rogue in all Dysotopia. And what was I doing standing in a corner? Taking a piss? I don't know really. And on the question if I died...YES I DIED. To be mroe specific, the strange movements with your arms were the casting of the spell Finger of Death. And instant death spells kills me, you can be sure of that.

Oh I remember that , yes Roido . Halfling thief . That day thieves have stolen my items worth 1.5 million , they were all halflings . And I told each halfling that tries to get close to me "Don't get close to me , I don't like halflings getting close to me" . And with Roido you came beside me , although I was trying to get away . And as you didn't go away I have killed you . I agree on that . I can assure you that it was not for pleasure icon_wink.gif

Now , lets think of an RPing situation (all IC) . You play the game with your gnome char , not disturbing anyome and not harming . Your gnome is being robbed by filthy thieves during the whole day , from 3-4 halflings mostly . You see another halfling the same day , invisible and pissing on a wall . He tends to move towards you , although you step backwards . You step back and he gets closer to you . (think of the psychology when you have been robbed all day by halflings) . So thinking about ALL in IC , what would you do ? If you don't kill this halfling , he MIGHT have stolen from you and after being robbed , even if you kill him he respawns , and you lose an item . If you kill him beforehand (when he comes closer) , he doesnt lose much things , but your items are safe in your pocket .

What would you do ? Let him come close and be robbed ? Or kill beforehand if he gets close ? As an Lawful Evil char I have chosen to kill , and I would do the same if I were in the same situation .

Last edited by Messiah on Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came close to you, did I? Well....NO! I was standing there, very much not moving at all. And *you* came running up to me and threw your silly insta-death spell at me. Not one word was given.
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without even talking to me , 3 other halflings came beside me and ROBBED me ! What do you say to this ? Good RPing ??? Should I go and whine to DMs ? I didn't ! I am not that kind of a person .

And PPing hurts MUCH MORE then killing a thief . You lose your item , you kill him and the item is gone . You get nothing .

So according to good RPing(in your opinion) no thief would rob before talking ?

Plus , do you think that , considering those times and all , having a halfling thief is a very reputable char that is all secure ? I mean if I chose to be a halfling thief that's pissing on the wall while being invisible when a fighter and a gnome sorc is passing through , I take the risk of being killed ! (all thinking of IC) . Am I right or no ? You seemed to take place for a possible robbery dude , sorry but you take the risk in that case as you were a suspect of a thief (and in fact you were) . That's part of the game , being killed as a thief . Why don't you people get it this way ???

Oh my god . "Don't kill me even if I am a thief" , "Don't kill me even if I attack you" , "Don't kill me even if I steal your loot" . What is it ? We are not playing the SIMS ??? Com'on ! Don't whine like babies !!!! You just die and lose 200 GP that'S all ! Bah ...

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hohoho! PP roleplaying is an old subject, been discussed thousands upon thousands of times. You can be good roleplayer, or bad roleplayer when thieving. Bad roleplayers don't return item if they are caught and killed. Good roleplayers do. And if you kill me because I am ahalfling, and you there fore take for granted that I am a thief, it is bad kill-RP. That's that. Rules. blah blah. Rules set up....by important people. People who rules your ass from here to the moon. Ping Pong!

You understand, you li'l carrot?

And you are allowed to kill people if they steal from you, if they attack you or if they snatch the loot in front of your nose.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And you are allowed to kill people if they steal from you, if they attack you or if they snatch the loot in front of your nose.

only if your an neutral evil or a chaotic evil because a lawful good person wont kill them for stealing, they will take them to the authorities and have them be known... but even at that, if used, loot stolen, attacked, a lawful good person will fight back, you can bet on it, but they will always try to talk first and fight last... well thats always been what my view is...whatever, im not too concerned about brother jarent/ messiah/ groho and all the other people he is, hes a moron that still has not learned and i wont even waste my time on him.
Grim's Revenge
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Messiah's got some issues goin i can see. Maybe its better that he's gone, cause lord knows we already have a bunch of nuts around here. Anyways Messiah, all i have to say is cool off, and stop being such a hard @$$. Maybe you can actually acomplish something that way. Hell someone might actually listen to you as well.
"I cannot do anything to enforce role playing...this is something that players themselves have to do on their own...and it usually will spread because of peer pressure. If other people see you role playing, they will feel more comfortable playing their character as well." ~ Geshtal. Profound words from a great man, lets everyone try this a little.
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 There are people playing game just for slaying evil and if they see you are evil , they attack you .(I have witnessed this myself at least 5 times , didn't whine to noone)

#2 A good RPing is not telling that you have been PPed or killed to DMs after being killed . If you put yourself in your character's role there might always be a risk that you are treated bad by an evil player .
a. Shouting that you have been killed is a bad idea .
b. Whining to DMs ooc is a bad idea .
c. Telling this event to other characters in game and convincing them to enforce that evil char to be treated badly is a good RPing .
d. If you think you are powerful enough to handle this event yourself , you go and take your revenge from that char personally (my way of dealing with bad treatment)

#3 A powerful player who plays an evil powermonger char always add flavor to the game . For the good , there will be a good reason to RP and unite against him in IC . Besides weddings and such other things , you should consider playing these kinds of things more . In the end , we are just players who take roles there . If you decide to be a goody goody thats fine , be it . But respect others trying to play an evil char . It's too bad for Dyso to have DMs/mods that support you and these whining people take advantage of it all the time . If the evil char isn't killing people randomly as he sees (no one can tell me that I was a random killer) , that means he is doing nothing wrong .

I see many many people in game shouting "x has killed me , x has PPed me , x has disarmed me" or writing to forums such things . Well yes x has killed you maybe but you shouldn't whine about it , or you ruin the RPing !!! And some DMs would just ignore you for you to play more RP . But who am I telling to ? They just ban all the evil players and serve the great Dsyneytopia idea icon_wink.gif

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Messiah, you are getting a bit irritating right now. You are constantly trying to get out of stuff you DID do, you killed Roido without saying a word, which is bad. And when a thief tries to steal from you while not saying anything, that can be GOOD RP, since I have NEVER seen a pickpocket come up to someone and talk to him(unless it was for a diversion). That would just be plain stupid.

And yes, powerful evil players can be fun, BUT NOT WHEN THEY DO STUFF LIKE YOU DID!!! The game is supposed to be fun for EVERYONE, not just the guy who kills the most. And the fact that you were never banned anywhere else does not say anything about you, merely about those other servers.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
but needless to say, he is the mightiest rogue in all Dysotopia.

rofl
cmon roido you now you will never beat me in the fine art of pping
emot-heartbeat.gif
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: