DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Waiting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The Kraken Society (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
River
Adept


Joined: 18 Nov 2002
Posts: 37

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Waiting Reply with quote

*Rose stands, tense, in a defensive posture*

This is… disconcerting, being brought here without choice or invitation to be addressed by faceless voices. You ask for my patience. To show good faith, “friend”, this I will do.

*She sits on the floor, head bowed to touch her folded hands in her lap. Her appearance is calm, yet alert.*

___________________
@~'~ Rose Bombager, halfling monk
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
snewo
Master


Joined: 05 Nov 2002
Posts: 232

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Rose.

I too am eagerly awaiting word on this society. I think that a declaration of members, purpose, origination, and overall values should be shown to us. I trust all of the people in the group, so I think I will approve of the goals of this organization....but then again I thought that of the last organization until a take over of the Church of Cyric. I don't think I am out of line in stating that this group will NOT demand any religious affiliation and you will be free to follow the deity of your choosing.

Respectfully,

Snewo Papskin
_________________
It's all about the ale.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
Asgorath_XIII
Noob


Joined: 15 Jan 2003
Posts: 2

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Lost soul Reply with quote

Hi there friends, could someone please tell what this organisation is? (ooc : I was just added for a reason I still don't know, so please, information would be appreciated) Thanks in advance.

Ps : For those wondering who the hell I am : Well it's Abbathor Silverbeard, or Sir Samuel de Belfort or Solaryn Hunzrin.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Asgorath_XIII
Noob


Joined: 15 Jan 2003
Posts: 2

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: har.... Reply with quote

I just happen to know what ye all doing in here! Ye all waiting for someone to tell yerself what this group is, har? Well! I guess I'll just get me some ale, it's water to me I tell ye, har har!! *sitting on a chair with some beers in front of him* Hail to ye!!! *Gulp*
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tiarella Jones~
Master


Joined: 19 Nov 2002
Posts: 107

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just spoken with The Voices of the Tirumvirate and they assure me that they are bringing information concerning our guild with them very soon. A bit more patience and all answers will be forthcoming.

Tiarella Jones~
_________________
Ask me about the Oracle.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
M-K
Elder


Joined: 01 Oct 2002
Posts: 755

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we waiting
Why are we waiting
Oh why are we waiting

Errrr just a minute what are we all waiting for ...who cares pass the beer
Asgorath.....NOW !!!!!
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Enters the room, dust kicks up with each heavy footfall*
*Quietly sits down and grabs an ale*
*Notices everyone staring, probably waiting for words of wisdom*


Greetings....for I am Third of Triumvirate.


*No one seems satisfied*


Ok....Ok, I will give you a little more information.

You will all be told of the background and purpose of this organization by days end.
You will all have the freedom to leave (without repercussion) if you do not agree with the bylaws.
You will all have freedom of religion.
You will understand how you have come to be a part of this organization as well.


*Grins wide, though it is tough to see any features through the hooded cloak*


Hopefully that will tide you over until Second Of Triumvirate can alert you to the other truths. Second is the verbose one, but also a perfectionist. icon_wink.gif Information will come in time my children.


*Relaxes and drinks the ale, though everyone still seems on edge*


---

"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
River
Adept


Joined: 18 Nov 2002
Posts: 37

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*silently, she looks up as the cloaked figure enters the room… her eyes cloud over at the dust, reminding her of days spent cleaning upon initiation to the order*

Thank you for sharing, faceless one.

*her head bows again, returning to meditation.. clearing her mind in preparation for what will come*
_________________
~River Philco, a woman of many talents
Living on the outskirts of Dysotopian society
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Longjinus
Mortal


Joined: 14 Dec 2002
Posts: 32

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ask for active strong leadership--a mission, direction and stability to take us forward as an group. I hope you have these qualities or our relationship will be brief...*LJ gulps Ale, belches, pukes then looks up and says* Send me ALE...
_________________
"You have been weighed--you have been measured--and you have been found wanting!"
Papp Chupa
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Ferco-Butter
PostWed 02/05/03 3:19am
Did you mean by day's end US-EST or what?  Reply with quote
 
SecondOfTriumvirate
Noob


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 3

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The door swings wide in a steady motion, propelled by a force unseen. In the opening stands a figure cloaked in a hooded black robe. The robe drapes over the figure and flows to the ground, the deep hood masking the figures face. From the stance of the figure and the flow of the robe you strain to determine the manner of the unknown figure. Standing slight, no more than five foot tall, the figure still casts a strong presence upon the room. The clinched belt about the figures waist tightens the cloak, defining the form of an elven woman beneath it.

You strive to peer into the dark shroud but can perceive no features. A few about the room wipe at their eyes to clear them to provide a better view but can muster no better vantage. But a sense comes over you as you stare at the figure blocking the door, a sense that the figure is smiling approvingly at the gathering.

The hooded figure scans the room looking for an open seat. Noting one next to Rose the figure moves to it and stops. Drawing the seat out, the figure looks toward her seeking approval to join the table. Noting a small nod from Rose the figure sits and draws the chair in.

In a gentle voice the figure speaks...


Greetings all. I bring favored word from friends in distant lands. * the figure scans the room for reactions and proceeds * I am the Second Voice of the Triumvirate. I am here with my allies to offer you an opportunity to participate in something friends. Something that you may find that compliment your own interests while providing service to your fellow citizens.

But before I go further allow me to provide you with some background to our meeting today. Two moons ago, your friend Lady Tiarella, *motioning a hand toward her, you note 3 rings upon her fingers, each adorned with a sharply cut gem*, journeyed to her homeland near the ruins of Ascarle. Traveling across the Trackless Sea, she came to us with tales of your situation here in the land of Dysotopia. If she is willing I shall let her continue the tale... *leans back and looks toward Tiarella*


Last edited by SecondOfTriumvirate on Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Tiarella Jones~
Master


Joined: 19 Nov 2002
Posts: 107

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shifting in her seat, Tiarella begins to recount her tale*

Well friends, two moons ago I set sail upon the Trackless Sea to my homeland to meet with members of my family. Specifically my travels took me to the brother of my father, The Wizard Slarkrethel. *looks about the room to note any recognition to the name and then continues on* My travels to home were motivated by events happening both here in Dysotopia and in an effort to secure a degree of independence for all of you, my dear friends. *smiles and motions across the room to acknowledge all those present*

You see dear friends, the times recently past have not bode well for us... not well indeed. A dark force has begun to spread across the land, creeping upon us in both the darkness of night and the brightness of day. Unknown to you this force has spread upon you without your knowledge, instigating itself into your being without your knowledge and approval. And tis a dark force indeed folks.... one that would bring about your undoing if I did not intercede on your behalf.

*standing now, Tiarella continues*
I speak now of the Dark Sun.... the Dark Sun of Cyric. *looks across the room meeting each eye to eye* I need not explain who Cyric is my friends, for you all know the Prince of Lies and the chaotic evil he represents. *nods in agreement to the others who nod their heads* Many of you have recently been recruited to support the citizens of this land by way of service in the Garde Imperial of the Lost Guard, an organization that was proffered to do good deeds for the citizens of Elerina and its surrounding lands. But what you did not know friends was that the Garde Imperial was really an organization created in order to establish the reign of Cyric in this land. No doubt many of you have seen the Cleric Glorin of Many Faces going about the land spouting the rhetoric of Cyric, beseeching others to follow him down this path of ruin. I fear that he may have come upon the Cyrinishad. *looks down and shakes head sadly*

*after a pause, she raises her head and goes on*
Well. As I stated, I was not about to permit such evil to come upon my friends so I acted. I have seen the face of this evil and do not wish for you to be tasked with confronting it. With that foundation principle, I set forth to seek Slarkrethel's permission to form an enclave in this region. He has seen favor with these words and has sent his counselors, The Voices of the Triumvirate, *motions toward the three figures*, to assist us in our endeavor. They are representatives of a name not heard by many in these parts, the name of The Kraken Society, an order of my blood.

*bowing to The Voices of the Triumvirate, Tiarella returns to her seat*
_________________
Ask me about the Oracle.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Sibine Stimulea
Noob


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 1

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having listened intently at the back door, Melodi waits for a pause in the discourse then quietly enters the room taking a seat in the back. She attempts to straighten her disheveled hair and peers shyly at Tiarella wondering what her inclusion in this group portends...
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*The Third smiles at the words that are spoken by Tiarella and The Second*

The Third rises from the chair. It's at this point that you realize that you cannot determine whether the Third is even a male or female. Slowly making it's way across the room, The Third's footfalls echo throughout as the dust kicks up again. Once reaching the other side of the room, the Third approaches The Second. Putting it's arms gently around her shoulders it whispers something and proceeds to make the trip back across the room. It's obvious from the slow trip across the room that the careful movement is more due to cautious power than old age. This member of the Triumvirate appears more private and thus more mysterious. Any fears of it's mysterious nature that the people in the room may have had seem to disappear when it grabs another ale and sits back to listen to the introduction.

---

"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
SecondOfTriumvirate
Noob


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 3

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*the Second Voice of The Triumvirate stands and prepares to speak*

Thank you Tiarella. *nods in her direction* My friends. The Kraken Society is a powerful and respected organization formed by the powerful Wizard Slarkrethel. Upon his discovery of the ruins of Ascarle, an elven city destroyed by drow and submerged by the northern ice, Slarkrethel learned of the former glories of his race and desired to reclaim them. Over the centuries he has created a network of associates, strengthening his empire. Eventually, he found means to rescue drowning sailors, offering them life in exchange for loyalty as his agents on the shore. From these beginnings, a powerful organization of information traders has grown, an organization that has accumulated vast wealth, favor and influence.

We come to you with an offer to join with us. We have listened to Tiarella and sense an opportunity here in this land. We wish to assist you in endeavors that can both benefit you and ourselves in a mutual manner. We restrict no churches from our guild and do not judge by race nor avocation.

You are free to leave if you do not see a benefit to yourself with us or if you cannot see a place for yourself in our house. We hold no bindings upon you restricting your motion. But I do believe that you will see a justification for belonging in our words to follow.

I suggest you all refill your ales now for next we speak of skills that we will assist your development in.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Gets up and slowly and purposefully wanders over to get another ale. Surprisingly it grabs two and drops one off with Rose as it makes it's way back to it's seat. A strange cackle of laughter arises from underneath the cloak as it looks at Rose for a response.*

---

"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
FirstOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8
 25%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last figure slowly rises and scans the room sensing the unease and feelings of bewiderment the figure motions for silence.As a stillness settles over the room the figure raises its arms as if to embrace the crowd.A low quiet voice suddenly entrances the audience its measured tones and cadences weave a spell like effect.

Family for that is what you are if you stand with us brothers and sisters together united.We force no one to their knees in our name we seek the hearts of people not their souls.Your souls are the provence of your gods.Any who wish to leave are free to do so as the others have made clear we wish for none who cannot give their loyalty freely and openly.Fear not we shall give leadership our goal is stability both for the individual the group and the land.But we seek not to dominate except by acceptance.Yet we shall resist with all our might those who try to impose such.We shall be like the terrible swift sword of wrath to those who prey on our family.For let none think we are weak.

the voice rises in pitch the emotion whips the room banners flutter and the lights dim.
Those that preach death shall fall those that prey on others shall no fear.To those who embrace order we are Alpha the beginning the hope.To those who preach chaos we are the Omega the finality.
The voice softens the tension is released like the calm sea after the sudden squall.

That is our promise and covenant to those who will stand with us Loyalty Order Leadership the door is there you may go or stay.
The hands fall to the speakers side the other two hooded figures nod.Then the hands again reach out as in supplication
Speak now my brothers and sisters speak freely of your wishes your dreams your hopes.Our brother Lonjinus has already spoken add your words so that our counsel can be given.For the Triumvirate will always listen like a good father to his children.

The first speaker of the triumvirate begins to return to the awaiting seat then suddenly turns and in a voice like ice speaks.
Three figures you see are but one. Three voices you hear are but one .Remember that in unity there is power.In unity we can overcome.
The speaker sits and beckons for others to speak.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
M-K
Elder


Joined: 01 Oct 2002
Posts: 755

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall speak I joined a long time ago the LGOG as you or many of you know..why I ask myself that many a time ..It seemed not so dark in those days the desire was order for which I craved.Yet slowly it tumbled into senseless warfare..I tried to remain steadfast in my acts but was forced at times to act openly.I obey it is my creed my rock order law loyalty.I remained loyal believing there was hope until the day of a battle with the forces of the WR.Commanded to fight I did my duty to see the rest of the Gaurd scurrying for cover.The glorious leader Glorin demanding I retreat..I saw no honour in cowardice and refused.Wether stupidity or not I left the fortress of Kraven and challanged the amassed might of the Wr **about 12**With my sword I drew line in the earth and said here I stand I shall not relinquish this piece of earth while I draw breath.Their laughter soon abated as they saw I wouldnt not run.We fought I eventually fell but we fought with honour and without hate.They brought me back and we seperated in honor and respect.From that day I saw no honour in the LGOG and worked for change.Since then the group has shifted deeper into chaos preaching to mad gods like Cyric .
This I cannot countence.So my question is Honour important to you....is the Law respected by you..if yes you have my sword gladly...for here I see a chance of redemption from what I once willingly entered.But be warned I remain questioning I was fooled once before and forced to adhere to my word I shall not be fooled again.
B-P
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
snewo
Master


Joined: 05 Nov 2002
Posts: 232

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that Black Paladin brings up the events of that day, because that too caused a dramatic shift in how I viewed the "Guard". It was Black Paladin, Tiarella, and myself that continued to fight as the others decided to flee. I felt my leadership had left me alone. I felt betrayed by all but those that fought next to me. The final straw came weeks later when I was *TOLD* that I belonged to the Church of Cyric. I choose my god, my god is not chosen for me. Everything that the Guard promised was lies. Everything I was told would happen, didn't. Looking back I should have suspected followers of Cyric just from the outright lies that were being spread. I was a fool, but I am no longer.

These visitors seem sincere, but I personally feel more confident knowing that Lady Tiarella will be actively involved. I plan on supporting her and I give my sword and loyalty to the Kraken Society because of her. I do it with some reservation however as I have been bitten in the past. Do not fail me....do not lie to me about your plans...do not undermine my trust.

In saying that that I wish to state what I understand the goals of the organization to be. Please assist me in guidance if I am wrong about my assumptions:


Respect: We will respect others and, in doing so, we know that this will help us gain favor in the community.

Influence: We help those in need, which just so happens to gain us some influence in our society.

Wealth: We wish to amass wealth, knowing that doing good deeds will lead us to that goal.

Family: We will protect our own because that is what family does.


Do I understand correctly?

Snewo Papskin
_________________
It's all about the ale.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third laughs out loud.

Snewo, Tiarella told me about you. She spoke of your focus and direction. You have a great heart and are loyal, yet you like everything cut and dry. I like your comments. Yes, we wish to gain favor, influence, and wealth within the community. Some would even say that favor, influence, and wealth can be summarized as power. I believe those assumptions to be a quick way of summarizing what was said here, yet they do not capture everything. Take family for instance.

*The Third rises and places it's ale down on the table.*
In reaching to put the ale down, you the see soft skin of it's right hand. On the back of it's right hand however, the fair skin is marred with what appears to be a brand. The three letters "TDA" appear in a raised scar which must have been left from the branding. Without knowledge of Elvish, you'd never know that they stand for "Tur Dhir Aglar" which once translated mean "Power Knowledge Glory"


Family is very important in life. A family's bonds stretch beyond friendship. Do you disown a member of your family once they have done wrong? Do you shun your children when they do not listen? Our peoples will be dealt with accordingly since they truly are family. If you do wrong in society then society will deal with you. When you have paid your dues, we welcome you back into our fold. Mistakes are bound to happen in life, and when they do you must accept the results of your actions. Families do have needs though. Anything you do to specifically damage the family will not be accepted. Honor, respect and loyalty is very important to us and it should be to you. I hope that answers your previous question as well Black Paladin.


The Third relaxes and sits down again.


Do you see how over-simplification can eliminate very important pieces of information? Look to everything we have said as well as your simplifications. Perhaps together you will have a complete understanding of our goals.


Raising it's glass in a toast gesture


Welcome to the family Snewo, welcome to you all.


---

"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
River
Adept


Joined: 18 Nov 2002
Posts: 37

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Rose watches the dust settle on the ale, watches the surface ripple with each movement in the room. She leaves it untouched and turns toward the third faceless one.*

You say that I will understand how I have come to be a part of this organization. The words spoken are not clear to me yet. I will continue to wait for understanding.

*She turns toward the second voice, next to her.*

The people that I know in this room, I respect. It is has been hard hearing about the betrayal of their alliances. I encourage them to make the right decision for themselves. Both mortals and the divine have the potential to deceive, whether outright or through differences in perspective. All a person can rely upon is the truth in her own heart.

*She takes a deep breath, knowing that the first voice must be addressed as well. Rose speaks respectfully.*

You ask for loyalty. That I gave to my order upon initiation. I cannot say how your goals align with the vows I have given.

*She falls silent. Offering neither dreams, wishes, or desires to the voices, she suppresses a tremble that passes through her short, stocky form as she struggles to not anticipate their response.*
_________________
~River Philco, a woman of many talents
Living on the outskirts of Dysotopian society
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Turning politely to Rose, The Third addresses the question directed to it*

I'm afraid that you might have missed the answer to your question in all of the excitement. Tiarella mentioned that "I was not about to permit such evil to come upon my friends so I acted." The evil that she speaks of is the evil that had many of you join the Garde Imperial thinking that it was an organization with proper goals. In truth, the lies and deceit of Cyric had tricked you all into pledging allegience to the Garde shortly before it had become the Garde Imperial of Cyric.

The actions that Tia took was to seek out Slarkrethel's permission to start an enclave in Dysotopia for you. A refuge, if you will, for those of you that wish it. Tia's knowledge of us, through Slarkrethel, led her to believe we were in earnest what the Garde Imperial promised to be through lies. She is mearly providing you all with a group that she feels you were promised. I think she feels responsible for leading you into the group of lies, even though she had no knowledge of the deceit. This is her going out of her way to make good on all of her promises to you.

*The Third eyes the ale in placed in front of Rose*

Do not take the ale I provided to you as a test of you religion or as a mockery of your beliefs. I know of some Orders that enjoy a drink on occassion and I was trying to make a tense situation less so. Do not take this personally, but I felt you were the most unsure about our intentions and trustworthiness. I thought it would help soften the mood a bit. If I have offended you then I am sorry. If not, then please join me in a drink.

*The Third contemplates it's words and stands up once again.*

I know that The First will address your concerns as well, but I wanted to comment if I may.

*The Third looks to the First for approval on making a comment*

Dear Rose, Your beliefs and your order are your own. We will not force religious beliefs on you. Just as in a family there may be different beliefs, there can be within our organization as well. We only ask for the loyalty, honor, and respect that you would pay to your own family members if they had differing religions. I do not demand that we come first and your order come second.

This meeting is to ease your fears as well as to make introductions. Do you care to elaborate on the goals and vows that may differ from that of our group.

*With that The Third looks to the First and Second and returns to it's seat. It takes another drink of it's ale as the reflections from the lanterns bounce off of the rings on it's right hand creating dancing reflections around the room.*

---

"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Morganis Evan
Noob


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Evan Papp Reply with quote

Are we free to worship the Mighty Papp?

Papp has seemed to disappear from the ramblings within Dysotopia. We must never forget! icon_evil.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Knat
Noob


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 1

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Knat stumps up the stairs, puts away his implements of destruction, but leaves his helmet on. He notices Bootr and waves to his Aunt. He walks over and grabs a beer and gulps it down. He grabs another and start sipping.*

Sorry I'm late. I was trying to get some wood but my axe kept burning the trees.

I have fought with many of you and have trusted your guidance in the past. If you say this is the right thing for our "family" I will agree.

Since I missed the initial discussion, could someone give me the important parts, in small words please?

*Knat finishes his beer, gets another and sprawls on a bench against the wall.*
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*The Third appears puzzled*

I have head of many deities, but I've not heard of this Papp. Do not take this as a slight however since this is my first visit to the island of Dysotopia. There are many things in this world about which I have no knowledge. Perhaps you could join me for an ale and give me more background on your god. Knowledge is truly power and I wish to have as much as possible.

*The Third motions for Morganis to join it as it rises from it's chair. This time exposing more branded symbols on it's other hand. The glance is quick however and the symbols cannot be clearly seen.*

Come, for tonight we will not only drink to family. We shall also drink to Papp.
_________________
"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
River
Adept


Joined: 18 Nov 2002
Posts: 37

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Rose smiles.*

Knat, I believe you understood all that was said so far.

*She returns her glance to the third faceless one*

No offence taken. Ale is appropriate for celebrations. This is a decision I prefer to make with a clear mind.

I never received promises of a group before yours were offered. I was not alone but had no offer nor need for a covenant. All I hear you offer is a family, loyalty and stability.
I wonder if there is more.

*Her posture relaxes.*

If I listen, I might learn.
_________________
~River Philco, a woman of many talents
Living on the outskirts of Dysotopian society
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ferco-Butter
Adept


Joined: 17 Nov 2002
Posts: 56

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 5 / 14 EXP: 5 / 14 EXP: 5 / 14
 35%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods to Knat*

*she rises in a slow move, but so fluid that you cannot believe that is full plate*

"I. ...am an OLD dwarf. Not so much as elves, but enough to know. Enough to know that promises are the currency of fools. No, No, listen. Heed my experience. No woman, or man, should jump to allegience on words alone. Only in deeds - deeds of shared bloodshed - can true fealty be wrought."

"Of all of you, I trust only one completely. As through a river of blood, Tiarella and I have fought together. In following her, I have found riches, yes, but also glory... ...and pride. And so I will not leave her in this time of need. I pledge my meager skills *winks* to this company. *growing tired, she speaks softly now* And in time, I shall forge bonds with more of you. Those still living, that is." *chuckles softly*

*raises arm - a huge mug of ale in her fist* "A toast. to Glory!"

-------------------------------------
Bootr
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
FirstOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The figure rises and motions for quiet
Listen please we have much to tell and much will become clear your thirst for knowledge is satisfing but patience is a virtue also.We are tired from our long journey here.
the eyes penetrate Bootr soul as the figure stares at him
We have asked none of you to swear to us that is not our way.Again there is the door we feel no ill will to any who enter or leave.Cast aside your doubts and feel the possibility of this renewal we expect to be judged more by our deeds than our words truly said Bootr what other way in truth is there.Many make false claims what claims have I made but the desire to win your hearts is that so bad? .I see there are some here who were enemies and others who were friends we offer a new path.A new page on which to write a new story.
Looks over the audience
There is much to plan and to say as most know a great Wave will soon wash over this Island cleansing all and reducing all to as if newly born some call this cataclysm the Wipe.For that we must prepare and train you so we can emerge ready and able.
Many of you are unknown to each other we must forge links of trust and friendship between those that were opposed.No small task
We must tell you more of our ideals and hopes for you to think on and decide wether you like or not.There is no compulsion here we wish to form a family not a tyranny.Above all we wish for order.The other speakers will give you information on this presently I promise.

[/i]The first speaker returns to her seat[/b]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Morganis Evan
Noob


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Morganis wipes the beer from his chin and speaks*

I to shall follow Lady Tiarella. I joined the Guard because I thought it was a society that was against evil. I have seen otherwise. I must speak of a foul name that disgusts me to even think about. HASHMEERE *Morganis spits on the floor*
The deceit in this man is unthinkable. I would have left the Guard long ago if not for Tiarella.

I must now speak of something I feel is important. All organizations must have muscle if they are to survive. Someone must be in the mud performing all the dirty tasks required to benefit the family. How will this society deal with that? I feel that this is a requirement if the family and society is to flourish.

**SILENCE in the room***

Morganis breaks the silence... While I wait the answer to my question, I ask Third to gather near Longjinus, Snewo and I for tales of the mighty Papp. Ale for all! icon_twisted.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
snewo
Master


Joined: 05 Nov 2002
Posts: 232

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Wanders over to Morganis in order to have another ale....though he has probably had enough*

To PAPP!!!

*Snewo stumbles but gathers himself in order to not make a total fool of himself in front of the Three*
_________________
It's all about the ale.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The Kraken Society (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group