DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Another High Knight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Another High Knight? Reply with quote

I am opening the floor for nominations for another High Knight ... i.e. someone who can moderate this folder as well as knight individuals in game. I thought about simply just appointing one, but in all fairness ... I think it would be best if we let there be nominees from the knights and then it be put to a general democratic vote, as that is our general way (up to a point). I still, of course, am vested with veto power over anything ... heh heh ... not that I expect to have to use it as I am pretty familiar with all of you here. icon_smile.gif

One thing I ask ... no nominations of yourself and one nomination per player. If you don't want to nominate anyone, then don't ... you don't HAVE to really participate in this if you don't care to.

I will make one nomination to start it off and make a comment on someone else ...

My nominee is Vurg Hancien due to his longevity and service with the OSB. I would, if I could, nominate Elsa Dragonbane as well ... I simply mention it here in hopes of influencing someone else to do the nomination for me.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Elsa for you, then, she is an extremely loyal friend to me, and if I don't make it because of that L word you said, i would like her to. I also thought of nomination Conrad Hollows...but something told me that wouldn't work. Also tried Brant Lanneman...but nope he already is one. Is ole' Vrish still scared of Vurg, Ben? Hahaha. icon_smile.gif
I'm so wordy all the time...kek.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tantara
PostWed 02/12/03 5:23am
I second the nomination for Elsa as well icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Shihi
PostWed 02/12/03 6:05am
Elsa!

Shihi

*dragonbane*
PostWed 02/12/03 12:08pm
I would like to nominate Shinje Shadewalker cool.gif  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll accept nominations thru midnight tonight and then it will go to a vote between the nominees ... the vote will probably be set to last 48 hours or so.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Nepotism..... Reply with quote

Well I nominate my pants, they are usually reliable, drop quickly in case of emergency and make me look super cool when I dance around in them. Over the years my pants have slowly worn on me and I think they could be the bestest high knight we've seen yet. They are some niiiiiice pants......

Oh and Vurg too because he smells and um, thats,um commendable...I guess

VURG FOR PREZ!!!! 2004!!!!!
*dragonbane*
PostWed 02/12/03 11:01pm
I second the vote for Brant's pants! tomato.gif  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
PostThu 02/13/03 2:32am
Los pantalones de Brant are going to beat me...i can feel it. ^_^  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if you collected the pantaloons from BG and BG2 as well as Throne of Bhaal, you got to make the Big Metal Unit icon_smile.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it seems that Brant is going to be suffering from reduced play time over the next few weeks (burn out and other matters) and I am not exactly sure what has become of Elsa ... I am opening the floor once again for nominations for High Knight.

Same rules as before ... you may not nominate more than one person, you may also not nominate yourself. I will also add that a nominee must be seconded and you do not get to second more then one person, either. You may not second the person you nominated, if that wasn't already obvious. Heh ... hope that's sufficiently confusing for you all.

With that stated, I will accept nominations for the next few days ... probably until midnight (eastern) Friday or thereabouts, but that's just a loose figure. Don't sit on trying to sneak in one just before the deadline because the deadline may move on you. icon_smile.gif
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Sir Kalor of Kali-Tyr. He has proven on many more than one occasion to be exactly what the OSB looks for in a High Knight. He is most honorable, aids those in distress, as well as teaching others in the way of justice and what is good and right. Being his squire for the past few years (ooc weeks in RL) I have come to hold him in the highest respect. I believe he has taught me well--not that I don't still have many things to learn--but was always understanding, never judmental in his teachings or his actions. That is not to say that I have not met other members that possess the same qualities, but I feel I have been uniquely exposed to these qualities in Kalor, thus my feelings for his High Knighthood.

In other regards he is well fitting for the position. He is commonly present in the land, as he feels it his duty to be there as much as possible, forsaking trips to other lands so as to better preserve and protect Dysotopia. I find this VERY important in a High Knight, as their position necessitates their frequent presence.

I do realize I have only been a night myself for little over a year, but I ask you to consider Kalor as the next High Knight. I know he will serve the order well in that capacity.

Well travels to you all!

Izboliek Vulame
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Southpaw
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having Squired Kalor, I know of his qualities and I'm proud of his nomination. That said, I would nominate Draku Xarian for the position of High Knight. Draku is impressive in his quiet demeanor, and willingness to help all who need aid. He is honest, forthright, and represents what the OSB is all about. And I believe in time of need Draku has the leadership qualities to defend right and defeat evil.

Lythor Alomerii
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
PostWed 04/16/03 12:45am
Lythor was that a second and then a nomination or just a comment and a nomination?  Reply with quote

Ulath Fynolds
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, myself, I'd like to nominate Grok.

More than his obvious an honourable demeanor, his steadfast loyalty to the order, his intelligence in knowing that sadly sometimes action must be taken, and his well-established courage in battle, he posesses a quality that would make him a perfect High Knight.

That is, his kindness and sense of discretion. Recently, when I first returned from hiding due to personal reasons discussed over with Lord Hollows, I also explained them to Grok. He was extremely respectful in understanding my plight, and made an effort to help me in any way possible.

In addition, before the event which caused me to be absent from my duties for the month-long period, I had seen many of the actions of Grok to be truely honourable, and this was before he was a part of the order.

That is why truly I feel that he deserves to be the next high Knight.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the nomination for Grok!

He's always shown high levels of honor and intergrity, even when those around him did not. He's not easily swayed by popular opinion and seeks to know the truth behind things. Grok also carries no predispositon towards anyone, choosing instead for them to be considered a friend first. He's one of the kindest, most caring, and honorable people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

He also talks softly and carries a big stick. *grins*
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so far we have Grok officially on the ballot.

Expansia has used her second, but has a nomination
Ulath has used his nomination, but has a second
Southpaw has used his nomination, and maybe his second (if so, then Kalor is on ballot)
GuitarML has used his nomination, but has a second
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to do what everyone expected (heh heh) and nominate Vurg/Ultrafoo. While his actions at times make me wonder ... outside of myself and Brant, he's the longest standing member of the OSB. I do believe that service and dedication are factors in knightly endeavors and, as such, Vurg has certainly proven that he is loyal to the cause.

I will now use my second ... and that would be to second the nomination of Draku ... who has also been associated with the Order for a long time and lives up to the wonderful praise afforded to him by Southpaw.

SO .... so far we have Grok and Draku officially on the ballot.

Southpaw has used his nomination, and maybe his second (if so, then Kalor is on ballot)
GuitarrML has used his nomination, but has a second
Conrad has used his nomination and his second
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC:

*Kalor sits inside the keep in front of the altar praying to Tyr for guidance*
then with much thought and weight being lifted off his shoulders he rises and realizes who is the best candidate for such an honor. As much as Kalor would follow the ways and the rules of the OSB...he knows Sir Grok would too. Therefore I must look for why Grok is the better choice.

I have been a Knight for longer than Grok, but I feel his actions and sense of Justice were no less than mine. For when I stepped off the boat into Eleriina the first person to show me kindness was Grok. For all that you have helped me Sir Grok I say thank you. I must bow before his Honor, Loyalty, and Servitude to the OSB. I can say with a proud smile and clear conscience that Sir Grok should be our next High Knight. I come to this decision with the thanks of Izboliek and Lythor for acknowledging me and my deeds, and I am truly honored to call you friends and brothers.

I hope that I one day too can call myself High Knight to help those young squires train, and guide the Order of the Shining Blade in it affairs for I have strived for long to become a Knight as it is not what I do....It is who I am. Maybe one day with Tyr's blessing I can achieve the honor of High Knight, but that is up to my fellow Knights and Lord Hollows.

With that Sir Grok I cast my vote for you Brother...may your blade strike true and your honor guide its path.....

*Kalor walks out of the keep and heads out to Kravenwood Path to once again help those in need*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Izboliek realizes that one of the first things he must learn is that when given the option to vote for two appointees, he should, in fact, vote for two*

*chuckles to himself at his naivity*

*still chucklin* My second nomination would go toward Sir Grok. He has shown me nothing but kindness, been helpful when I was in need of it and I have seen like conduct shown by him to all those around him. A true and worthy nominee.

*walks away still scratching his head at how he could have looked over the fact that he was to make two nominations* ((ooc, realizes his intelligence is 9...he he)) icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents, if I may...

I nominate Lythor Alomerii. He has time and time again proven himself to be steadfast and fair, and to treat everything/one with the utmost respect. He is a good friend to us all, and his actions have clearly earned such an honor.

*steps back and bows*
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get 2 nominations, you get one nomination and one second (and not usable on the same person).

Nomination means you can nominate any knight not otherwise nominated. Second means you "second" an existing nomination from someone else and thus put that person officially on the ballot. You may not nominate and second the same person.

Since Draku and Grok are already both nominated and seconded, they don't require any further nominations or seconds.

If you nominate someone or second someone and they decide not to run, then you've lost your nomination and/or second. Just like voting for someone in an election who decides not to serve or drops out at the 11th hour.

Southpaw has used his nomination, but has a second
West has used his nomination, but has a second

On the ballot thus far -- Grok and Draku

Kalor has bowed out of consideration
Zachary has bowed out of consideration

Nominees (need a second to be on ballot) -

Lythor Alomerii
Vurg Hancien
dreamin'
PostWed 04/16/03 8:17pm
I'll nominate Sirris Arran, and second Vurg, but only if he can tell my correct first name.

xxx Fleetfoot

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean you have like 9 sisters, but you're Gwenny now. icon_smile.gif Brynny is your sister!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southpaw has used his nomination, but has a second
West has used his nomination, but has a second
Dreamin' has used his nomination and his second

On the ballot thus far --
Grok
Draku
Vurg Hancien

Kalor has bowed out of consideration
Zachary has bowed out of consideration

Nominees (need a second to be on ballot) -

Lythor Alomerii
Sirris Aran

I've decided to close the nomination process as of midnight (EDT) tomorrow (thursday). I didn't expect as much action as we got insofar as this goes, so it's safe to say we can move up the nomination deadline.
Southpaw
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honored at West's kind words of nomination. I try to serve the just cause and the high principles of the Order. I am proud to be a member of this Order, and look forward to serving in any capacity that I may.

I also believe that with the Ballot that is currently nominated and seconded, we can't do better... and would also withdraw my name from consideration.

No mistake I would be proud to bear the title and responsibility of High Knight. But as I stated a bit earlier, I consider the three candidates on the ballot worthy and would bow to any of them!

Lythor Alomerii
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an Order filled with honorable and just knights. Those on the ballot and those who were nominated but bowed out, each would be an excellent choice. Regardless of the outcome of the vote, we cannot go wrong here. I am proud to serve with each of you.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since Lythor has also decided to bow out ... and I know Uin/Sirris is taking a bit of a dyso vacation ... that leaves us with no further nominees and the same three on the ballot ... so I'm closing the nomination process and moving to the voting to just get this show on the road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: