DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Bad diety roleplay
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Bad diety roleplay Reply with quote

I view Role playing correctly as having three main parts

1. Class
2. Alignment
3. Diety


I haven't been on the main servers cuz i and alot of main lgog members have been doing testing and stuff. Solo Core informed me over MSN of some halfling killing people in the name of Cyric, and not just at the wedding incident.

This person, if indeed playing a Cyricist, is NOT PLAYING a Cyricist. For now untill Churches and Temples are implemented there is no way to control the faiths except by going ooc, People cannot kill in the name of a diety if they know nothing about that diety. they should atleast read the dogma...

Cyricists would NEVER go around killing people for no reason unless it was to frame someone else, in whicih case they would not do it in the name of Cyric. That is something Bane worshippers would do, Get your dietys right!

If this halfling is actually a Bane follower then it would be understandable but no one seems to be able to answer that question.

I suggest the non existant mods speak with the person and find out OOC if hes a Bane worshipper or a Cyricist. Its right in the Dogma that cyricists would never do that.

Do not break into Open Rebellion for when hosts march all faiths awaken.


on the subject of diety roleplay, I'd like to extend congrats to Zufal for rping one of the best LAwful Evils i have seen, You come close to Tiarella, Zufal, but not quite as diabollically evil icon_biggrin.gif

I loved how zufal used Nel's honor against her by using her repentance for her sins against her, and by the way of the law.

ne ways, Cyricists Kill and Murder secretly or to spark strife. Never do they kill without reason. Killing people to spread Fear and Tyranny and such is more of a chaotic Bane thing.

i always see Cyricists as Confined Chaotic.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyric also preaches random murders to instill fear into the population, thats what he's doing. as for open rebellion, thats what Ogt did, not what the halfling is doing.
"Clerics of the Dark Sun (Cyric) pledge to spread strife and work murder everywhere to make folk fear and believe in Cyric."

Also "Chaotic Bane" is an oxymoron. Bane is a Lawful Evil diety.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:


Last edited by Malakalam on Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but there are chaotic people that worship him just as there are lawful followers of cyric

as for the random murders to spread fear, yes cyric does that, They are murders not mass killings. You do not commit murder by storming a wedding and trying to kill everyone. Neither do you do it in the NAME OF CYRIC. that turns people against Cyric, Cyric wants to turn people against his enemies, not him.

its bad Cyricist roleplay and he needs to change his ways if he wants to be one, either way Glorin IC thinks hes a bane worshipper and he shall be hunted down.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing you have to remember is that not everyone who follows a god follows him correctly. There are plenty of christians on TV who are full of bullshit, who I personally wouldnt be suprised if God struck down one day.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Jon316
Guest




Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA no kiddin malak.... anyways i know how to rp a person of a deity right (mostly anyways) but when someone goes around killing someone because they are chaotic evil or even "i worship cyric, i kill u all" thats not rp in the slightest, just a moron on a pk spree... can anyone give me the idiots name?


i dearly want to see him sometime up and personal and see how he likes it when he meets an honorable warrior who does not approve of mass murderers..or a cleric of helm who will be royally pissed off with a rightous vengence .... or an angry arch sorcer who seen the person violated the rules of kwood by PKing someone and is pissed off icon_evil.gif icon_twisted.gif

man thats one of those odd cases where any of my characters could hate someone... i dont get that very often...or maybe just ban the retard for pvp abuse...
whatever... just thoughts i was having, not like i would actually do any of this as its rants.... just voicing what should be done lol.....


refer to my signature below.
Back to top
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 745

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You do not commit murder by storming a wedding and trying to kill everyone. Neither do you do it in the NAME OF CYRIC

that was in the name of MERKULL! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif who the hell is merkull? icon_question.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
pillb0x
PostFri 02/14/03 1:15am
Do you mean Myrkul ? God of the Undead ?  Reply with quote
 
Solo_Core
PostFri 02/14/03 1:19am
i think that was indeed what the halfling meant. but i mean seriously when your mass killing in name of your god can you at least get the name right.  Reply with quote
 
Filtered Chaos
PostFri 02/14/03 1:40am
and just because Myrkul is the god of the dead doesnt mean his intent is for everyone to be killed.  Reply with quote
 
Filtered Chaos
PostFri 02/14/03 1:41am
lets leave that one to Bane  Reply with quote
 
ShadowCore
PostFri 02/14/03 8:14am
Problem is, if yo don't follow correctly, the god is probably gonna punsih/kill you. SO there is NO WAY that you can follow a god incorrectly.  Reply with quote
 
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he did not kill in the name of Myrkul, and he did not kill in the name of Bhaal (dead god of murder), he used Cyric, I know, because I know the player behind the character. The Myrkul stuff happened after the wedding and was Pillbox and his undead friends.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore - Cyric is insane. He's just as likely to kill you for following his directions as he is for not following his directions. Not to mention he gives every high ranking clergy man a different set of directions, and they all think they got the right set. Imagine the Bible, the.. uh.. Quran (sp), and that one the jewish people have.. Tora... I think.. man.. I should learn more about real religions instead of fake ones... Err.. imagine like nine other books all about the same god, each claiming each other was wrong, then imagine they were all in the same priesthood.

and god damnit, bane does not want everyone killed, Bane wants to rule over the world, and the gods, and everything else. He does NOT want it destroyed.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
PostFri 02/14/03 8:38am
Shar appears to be the only god (goddess) to want the world destroyed.  Reply with quote
 
Adario
Adept


Joined: 13 Sep 2002
Posts: 97

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19 EXP: 16 / 19
 84%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, i have been killed some times in the name of Helm. Yes, deities are problem, especially Tempus. Its just too good. Deities should give just a little bonus...like for example tempus should give just rage/strenght bonus...no +5 to attack and 2d6 magic dmg...its stupid. icon_neutral.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Zedium
Hero


Joined: 19 Sep 2002
Posts: 580

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I do not think Cyric nor Bane would even promote mass murders.
Bane is a a Lawfull Evil deity and god of tyrants. He would prefer if
someone would murder to get into power.
Cyric is a Chaotic Evil god of strife (and BTW, he is sane again, Mask made him read a book to counter the book Cyric wrote), he would probably prefer silent unnoticed murders and tactical play to put people against eachother.
This seems more along the lines of Talos, god of destruction, a Talos follower would probably bash up people pretty bad and destroy cities and the such.
_________________
A dungeon master's best twit filter is an ancient red dragon.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 1687

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye, keep in mind what marlak said

Nel, now (mostly due to jord) Worship's HELM, but nel does not follow law's

Nel border's on Chaotic- Neutral good
_________________
PHEAR DA CORD !
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostFri 02/14/03 5:37pm
BACCHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS  Reply with quote
 
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
ShadowCore - Cyric is insane. He's just as likely to kill you for following his directions as he is for not following his directions. Not to mention he gives every high ranking clergy man a different set of directions, and they all think they got the right set. Imagine the Bible, the.. uh.. Quran (sp), and that one the jewish people have.. Tora... I think.. man.. I should learn more about real religions instead of fake ones... Err.. imagine like nine other books all about the same god, each claiming each other was wrong, then imagine they were all in the same priesthood.

and god damnit, bane does not want everyone killed, Bane wants to rule over the world, and the gods, and everything else. He does NOT want it destroyed.



the difference is irl those gods dont do ne thing to you if u dont follow them correctly

in fr, u dont follow them the right way, u die.

Zedium wrote:
This seems more along the lines of Talos, god of destruction, a Talos follower would probably bash up people pretty bad and destroy cities and the such


*considers changing to a cleric of talos*
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Zedium
Hero


Joined: 19 Sep 2002
Posts: 580

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if you would be a cleric of talos you would openly destroy and get hated, if you are cleric of cyric you at least get to manipulate some people in gibing you cash etc.
_________________
A dungeon master's best twit filter is an ancient red dragon.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

you would openly destroy and get hated



kinda like drudley, a sorcerer of Talos, and then he got banned

icon_cry.gif
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Zedium
PostSat 02/15/03 9:13pm
well, the thing was, drudley didn't do that to roleplay his part, he just tried to piss people off IC and OOC  Reply with quote
 
Cherrn
Grandmaster


Joined: 06 Jan 2003
Posts: 280

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your compliment Glorin icon_smile.gif

On the subject of that murdering halfling, i would say he acts more in accordance to Talos than Bane or Cyric for that matter. Where followers of Bane would not do anything to make the law work against them, the followers of Cyric would not do what the halfling did, thats not murder, a murder is killing off some person who lies in his bed or something like that. What the halfling did was destruction, open destruction, a massacre, and that makes him more likely to follow Talos since Talos does proclaim that you should do it if you can. Cyric is more of a sneaky manipulating CE kind of type. Whereas Talos is... CHAOTIC EVIL!!! If you get my drift.
_________________
"If you did it and lived then you probably did it right"

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
Drudley
High Elder


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 1356

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

well, the thing was, drudley didn't do that to roleplay his part, he just tried to piss people off IC and OOC


I'm glad that you think you know what exactly goes on in my mind, well, you don't, so keep those comments out of the damn forum
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder


Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 822

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you guys get all this information about those gods?
Any website or you just making ti all up? icon_razz.gif
_________________
I just want to be loved icon_cry.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity


Joined: 25 Nov 2002
Posts: 2833

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, there are a lot of us here who know what the gods in Forgotten Realms are generally about. Secondly, a lot of people own books about FR. Third, a lot of stuff has been posted on the forums about it. And fourth, I mostly get stuff off of the web, there are a lot of things around, look on Kazaa, and you'll find enough.
_________________

Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon316
Guest




Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grats on becoming a high elder shadowcore, you have proven to be a master spammer that manages to get by without a problem....


ok so on topic for this:

If you are a paladin and worship Tempus, I will kill you.
Back to top
Glorin
PostFri 02/21/03 11:06pm
honestly, i think that shuld be against the eula or something  Reply with quote
 
Kindo
PostFri 02/21/03 11:09pm
More spammers, oh my. Damn, I need to get back on track. Lost my usual climb in spam posts...  Reply with quote
 
Jon316
Guest




Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a joke glorin, lol ... thats just how i FEEL aout paladins with tempus... i dont PK people that do it lol..... hell, we all have a power gamer streak in us sometimes... just because you dislike someone for doing something OOC, it doesnt give you the right to instantly kill them IC ingame... makes no sense... but, if a paladin came up to me and said in my face, hey pansy ass, im going to kick your ass in battle for tempus.... that will be one very sorry dead ass paladin... but only then... or something similar hahaha... nah just kidding... any idgit would defend themselves when attacked unless they are just standing by nicely watch themselves swing and miss.... they might get the clue after a bit and stop.... heh... gotta love uptight n00bs...
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group