DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ill post your gods Dogma if requested
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Ill post your gods Dogma if requested Reply with quote

Just name your god and ill do it. The dogma is the sort of guide book that your god made how to live your life. Theres a lot of gods in the Realms so posting every single dogma of every single god will take up a lot of space, and it will require a huge ammount of work so i think it will be easier this way. Lets see how it works out. Oh yeah, just for kicks ill throw in other names your god have, sort of their nicknames. I have also added the lvl of power a god can have, its works like this, from strongest to weakest.
Over Power>Greater Power>Intermediate Power>Lesser Power>Demi Power.

I hope you can follow it icon_razz.gif

Added Domains as well as favoured weapon. No more Nel with death domain situations after this!! icon_wink.gif
I can't edit posts posted by other people, but if you are wondering what domains one of those deities have just PM me and i'll help ya out.

Changed the title as well, hope im not confusing you with all this editing.

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:59 am, edited 5 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
Jase
PostSat 02/15/03 1:34am
My Druid's god is Sylvanus. Anything on him?

EDIT: Thanks

Last edited by Jase on Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: The Dogma of Silvanus Reply with quote

Sure thing, here goes. Silvanus is a man btw emot-yum.gif

Greater Power

Other names:
Oak Father, The Forest Father, Treefather

Worshipers alignment: CN, LN, N, NE, NG

Domains: Animal, Plant, Protection, Renewal, Water

Favoured weapon: "The Great Mallet of Silvanus" (Maul)

Dogma:

Silvanus sees and balances all, meeting out wild water and drought, fire and ice, life and death. Hold your distance and take in the total situation, rather than latching on to the popular idea of what is best. All is in cycle, deftly and beautifully balanced. It is the duty of the devout to see this cycle and the sacred Balance as clearly as possible. Make others see the Balance and work against those that would disturb it. Watch, anticipate, and quietly manipulate. Resort to violence and open confrontation only when pressured by time or hostile action. Fight against the felling of forests, banish disease wherever you find it, defend the trees, and plant new flora wherever possible. Seek out, serve, and befriend the Dryads and learn their names. Kill only when needful, destroy fire and its employers, and beware orcs and others who bring axes into the forest.

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cherrn some people could use an education on their diety tehe. i dont know anything about any diety except cyric so itll be an education for me too icon_wink.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a smart way to get people to know their deity's. It will also be a sort of guideline (perhaps on how to play their characters). I have posted it before and i doubt ya need it Glorin but dost thou wanteth thine Dogma of thine deity posted o' servant of the Dark sun ? icon_wink.gif

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope ;0 i can look up the dogma of any diety but im too lazy

u shuld post it ne ways so people that think they are following cyric but really arent *cough* that halfing guy *cough* will know what ta do
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: The Dogma of Cyric Reply with quote

Very well Glorin, here it is emot-yum.gif

Greater Power

Other names:
Prince of Lies, The Dark Sun, The Black Sun

Worshipers alignment: CE, CN, NE

Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Illusion, Trickery

Favoured weapon: "Razor's Edge" (Longsword)

Dogma:

Death to all who oppose Cyric. Bow down before his supreme power, and yield to him the blood of those that do not believe in his supremacy. Fear and obey those in authority, but slay those that are weak, of good persuasion, or false prophets. Battle against all clergy of other faiths, for they are false prophets and forces who oppose the One True Way. Bring death to those that oppose Cyric's church or make peace, order, and laws, for only Cyric is the true authority and all other authority must be subverted. Break not into open rebellion, for marching armies moves the false dieties to action. Fell one foe at a time and keep all folk afraid, uneasy, and in constant strife. Any methods or means is justified if it brings about the desired end.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

there can be LE cyricists too, such as the Knights of Cyric
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume the Knights of Cyric are the Riders of the Ebon Spur you are referring to. They are very much CE or NE. If those arent the ones i would like to know where ya saw em. Because if you follow the 1 step alignment rule followers of Cyric cannot be LE.

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherrn wrote:
I would assume the Knights of Cyric are the Riders of the Ebon Spur you are referring to. They are very much CE or NE. If those arent the ones i would like to know where ya saw em. Because if you follow the 1 step alignment rule followers of Cyric cannot be LE.

no sorry it was crusaders of cyric, not knights

Quote:
Crusader of Cyric

Required Ability Scores: Str: 12, Wis: 9, Cha: 12
Must be either lawful of chaotic in alignment.
Earn experience as a cleric.
They may employ the use of any armor/shield.
They may learn the use of any weapon. Long swords are favored by Cyric's faith.
A crusader's THAC0 improves at the warrior's rate of 1 per level.
They may learn warrior non-weapon proficiencies at no extra cost.
They may use magical items normally usable by priests or warriors.
Crusaders of Cyric are unaffected by fear spells and other emotion-altering magic. They can still be charmed and are subject to enchantment/charm spells in general, provided those spells have no direct effect on the emotions.
They recieve spells as a cleric of the same level.
Crusaders have major access to the spheres of All, Combat, Gaurdian, Healing, War, and Wards.
Crusaders have minor access to the spheres of Protection and Necromancy.
Lawful crusaders may acces the sphere of Law, while Chaotic Crusaders may access the sphere of Chaos.
Crusaders may not turn undead.
At 3rd level, a crusader may cast Lighten Load (Tome of Magic) 1/day. This effectively halves the weight of equiptment for a day, reducing the party's encumberance.
At 7th level a crusader may cast Easy March twice a tenday, which allows a small party to force march without accumulating fatigue penalties.

Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that one is from the old 2nd edition days, back then, right in the beginning actually Cyric was NE, that was his alignment when he was mortal, and he kept that alignment for some time into his divine days, thats why LE followers of Cyric were allowed back then. After he read the Cyrinishad and became very much insane he became CE. Malik tricked him into reading the True Life of Cyric and he became sane again, but he did keep his CE alignment. So you cant have any LE followers of cyric anymore.

I would imagine him being CE now is sorta to make all the evil versions represented in Greater Gods. CE for Cyric, LE for Bane and NE for Shar. If Cyric was NE still he wouldnt have any qualms about working with either Shar or Bane for that matter. I think thats how WotQ thought of it anyway.

Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe.... boring asses dogmas i read in a book a few... whatever.... i read em a while back.. years pass so fast anymore to me.... if you dont mind... post lolths dogma muahaha... theres a funny one... cuz we have a lolth god that plays on teh server and shes like.... lawful good or something....lol.... nice drow bitch for a chaotic evil god of drow murderers and assassins...
icon_twisted.gif icon_evil.gif

lalalala... :: mumbles off ::
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people seem to be confusing the icon_razz.gif and the emot-yum.gif ... The first one is the Razz thing (not sure what it means but anyway) the second one is yummers, used for showing when stuff is yummy and stuff...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Siao222
PostSat 02/15/03 10:29am
how about Mystra?  Reply with quote

Uin
PostSat 02/15/03 12:06pm
Or Milil please (Song Lord I Believe).  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Lolth Reply with quote

Alright Jon. Here it is.

Intermediate Power

Other names:
Queen of Spiders, Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Domains: Chaos, Drow, Evil, Darkness, Destruction, Spider, Trickery

Favoured weapon: A spider (Dagger)

Dogma:

Fear is as strong as steel, while love and respect are soft and useless. Convert or destroy monbeliever drow. Weed out the weak and the rebellious. Destroy impugners of the faith. Sacrifice males, slaves, and those of the other races who ignore the commands of Lolth or her clerics. Raise children to praise and fear Lolth; Each family should produce at least one cleric to serve her. Questioning Lolth's motives or wisdom is a sin, as is aiding nondrow against the drow, or ignoring Lolth's commands for the sake of a lover. Revere arachnids of all kinds; Those who kill or mistreat a spider must die.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Mystra Reply with quote

Greater Power

Other names:
The Lady of Mysteries, The Mother of All Magic

Worshipers alignment: CG, LE, LG, LN, NG

Domains: Good, Illusion, Knowledge, Magic, Rune, Spell

Favoured weapon: Seven whirling stars (Shuriken)

Dogma:

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips its actual performance. Magic is Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged in the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and effeciently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Milil Reply with quote

Lesser Power

Other names:
Lord of Song, The One True Hand of All-Wise Oghma

Worshipers alignment: CG, LG, NG

Domains: Charm, Good, Knowledge, Nobility

Favoured weapon: "Sharptongue" (Rapier)

Dogma:

Life is a song, beginning at birth and only silenced by the final chord. Strive always to make the whole song, not just the lyrics and music, more beautiful. Destroy no music or instrument, nor stop a singer before the tune is done. Listen to the world around as well as filling it with your own sound. One singer's music is another's noise, so still no bad music if its making be joyful. Spread the teachings of song and musicianship always. Sing to Milil every day. Music is the most precious thing folk can create-so encourage its training, use, and preservation at all times in all possible ways. Awaken a love of song in all folk you can, and offer its performance freely around campfire or on the trail. Cease not in your own seeking for new tunes, new techniques, and new instruments to master.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link may help. Pictures aren't great, but some information.

http://www.livinginafantasy.com/rpgfantasy/dieties/humangods.html

Also could you post Talos'? I just created a Stormlord of Talos named Talan.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jees jase, looking for a char in every class?

soon you'll be very limited in ur choices icon_biggrin.gif icon_twisted.gif
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah ot every character in every class. I have:

Shade Wolf=Lvl 20 Druid
Jase the Hermetic=19 sorc
Lia Huntress=13 rogue
Winter Wolfen=11 Monk/Fighter
and now Talan, Stormlord of Talos=lvl 5
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Dogma of Talos Reply with quote

Greater Power

Other names:
The Destroyer, The Storm Lord

Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Fire, Storm

Favoured weapon: A lightning bolt (Longspear, Shortspear, or Halfspear)

Dogma:

Life is a combination of random effects and chaos, so grab what you can when you can, because Talos might take you to the afterlife at any moment. Preach the might of Talos, and always warn others of the forces only he can command-the fury of all Faerun. Walk unafraid in storms, forest fires, earthquakes, and other disasters, for the power of Talos protects you. Do so publicly whenever possible, so that others see that only Talos can protect them. Make others fear Talos by showing the destruction he and his servants can cause. To avoid tasting his fury, pray to him energetically and tell all folk that such observances-and only such observances-can protect them from the furies of gales, hailstorms, winds, floods, droughts, blizzards, hurricanes, and other natural dooms. Hurl such forces at one's foes if Talos deems a place or a person worth defending. One cannot afford to ignore Talos, but most bow down and worship. Proclaim this message to all and show everyone the destruction even the slightest of the servants of Talos can cause.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total
Drudley
PostSat 02/15/03 11:59pm
Gooooo Talos!!!  Reply with quote

Jase
PostSun 02/16/03 1:07am
Talos Rules! Thx Cherrn  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
PostSun 02/16/03 1:10am
can you do lathander?  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: The Dogma of Lathander Reply with quote

Oh i can do him typing with my hands crossed over the keyboard easy Solo Core icon_razz.gif

Greater Power

Other names:
The Morninglord

Worshipers alignment: CG, LG, NG

Domains: Good, Nobility, Protection, Renewal, Strength, Sun

Favoured weapon: "Dawnspeaker" (Light or Heavy Mace)

Dogma:

Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. It is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Perfect yourself, and be fertile in mind and body. Wherever you go, plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Watch each sunrise. Consider the consequences of your actions so that your least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Avoid negativity, for from death comes life, and there is always another morning to turn a setback into a success. Place more importance in activities that help others than in strict adherence to rules, rituals, and the dictates of your seniors.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total
Anesthetic
PostSun 02/16/03 5:51am
Here's one, post the dogma of Hoar. icon_twisted.gif  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo! oo! I can do this one.

Hoar, aka The Doombringer, Lord of Three Thunders.
LN, demigod
Cleric Alignment - LE, LN, LG
Uphold true and fitting justice and maintain the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Fitting recompense will always accrue for one's actions. Violence will meet violence and evil pay back evil, but good will also come to those who do good. Walk the line of the Doombringer's teachings, seeking retribution, but do not fall into the trap of persuing evil acts for evil's sake, for that way is seductive and leads only to one's downfall. Vengance must be sought for all injustices, and all punishments must fit the crime. Revenge is sweet when it is sharpened with irony. All attacks must be avenged. Those who do not respond to attacks against thier person or that which they hold dear only invite future attacks.
Solo_Core
PostSun 02/16/03 7:03pm
thanks chernn.
and can you do...... foozbane? icon_wink.gif

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got me on that one Solo Core, im not well-versed enough in the ways in Camels and Ziggurats to do the dogma of Foozbane icon_redface.gif

Now that made a whole lotta sense didn't it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: