DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ill post your gods Dogma if requested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know Fooz was a Deity. And what's all this about badgers?

(Yeah, Torm and Tyr here please. But maybe that Cherrn already left?)
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torm - LG (clerics - LG, LN, NG)
The True, the True Deity, the Loyal Fury
Salvation may be found through service. Every failure of duty diminishes Torm and every success adds to his luster. Strive to maintain law and order. Obey your masters with alert judgement and anticipation. Stand ever alert against corruption. Strike quickly and forcefully against rot in the hearts of mortals. Bring painful, quick death to traitors. Question unjust laws by suggesting improvement or alternatives, not additional laws. Your fourfold duties are to faith, family, masters, and all good beings of Faerun.

Tyr - LG (clerics LG, LN, NG)
The Even-Handed, the Maimed God, the Just God
Reveal the truth, punish the guilty, right the wrong, and always be true and just in your actions. Uphold the law wherever you go and punish those who do wrong under the law. Keep a record of your own rulings, deeds, and decisions, for through this, your errors can be corrected, your grasp on the laws of all lands will flourish, and your ability to identify lawbreakers will expand. Be vigilient in your observations and anticipations so that you may detect those who plan injustices before thier actions threaten law and order. Deliver vengence to the guilty for those who cannot do it themselves.
Malakalam
PostSun 02/23/03 8:50am
Basicly, Tyr is justice, and Torm is duty.
Strangely, Helm also seems to be duty.

AgentBif
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
Basicly, Tyr is justice, and Torm is duty.
Strangely, Helm also seems to be duty.

Yes, all three are similar. Tyr's description reads like it is for Helm.

bif
View users profile Send private message
Little Teapot
PostSun 02/23/03 3:21pm
i say we unite them all under the god tyrlm  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostSun 02/23/03 6:38pm
Tyrlm?  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you heard me, Tyrlm

cussing.gif Tyrlm for major diety!!! cussing.gif
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Helm was Vigilance instead of Duty, and yes i am back now icon_smile.gif
Thanks for handling Tyr and Torm whilst i was gone Malak Kalam.
For the record Tyr is the leader of what they call the Triad, it consists of Tyr (duhh), Torm and Ilmater.

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Kindo
PostSat 03/01/03 6:50pm
Yay! Cherrn is back! icon_smile.gif

How was your trip?

Glorin
PostSat 03/01/03 6:51pm
I LOVE YOU ZUFAL  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe a heartfelt welcome. icon_biggrin.gif It was a really nice trip, I had gone a long time without seeing the GF so it was really nice. I tend to miss her a lot since she is english and i am danish. Felt like 1 week in heaven, pure happiness, not a care in the world icon_smile.gif

And Glorin thats not the words i would expect coming from you... But then again you are a follower of Cyric so I'll take them as a compliment... I think... icon_razz.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
Iarwain
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 7 / 8 EXP: 7 / 8 EXP: 7 / 8
 87%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwaeron Windstrom

Portfolio: Tracking, rangers of the North
Domains: Animal, Good, Knowledge, Plant, Travel

Dogma: Intelligent beings can live in harmony the wild without requiring the destruction of one in the name of the other. Embrace the wild and fear it not, because the wild ways are the good way. Keep the Balance and learn the hidden ways of life, but stress the positive and outreaching nature of the wild Do not allow trees to be needlessly felled or the forest needlessy burned. Live as one with the woods, teach others to do so, and punish and curtail those that hunt for sport or practice cruelites on wild creatures.

*Taken from Faiths and Pantheons*
View users profile Send private message
kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say drizzt the all mighty.
I think we all know who he is and if you dont lose your life and read the internet.
pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif pimp.gif

Tempest Steel
Malakalam
PostWed 03/05/03 7:56pm
Hey, could you do Loviatar for Marine?  Reply with quote

Marine436
PostWed 03/05/03 8:02pm
yes, please do...i need to know for rumanos.  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Loviatar Reply with quote

Certainly Marine icon_smile.gif

Lesser Power

Other names:
Maiden of Pain, The Willing Whip

Worshipers alignment: LE, LN, NE

Domains: Evil, Law, Retribution, Strength, Suffering

Favoured weapon: "Painbringer" (Scourge)

Dogma:

The world is filled with pain and torment, and the best that one can do is to suffer those blows that cannot be avoided and deal as much pain back to those who offend. Kindnesses are the best companions to hurts, and increase the intensity of suffering. Let mercy of sudden abstinence from causing pain and of providing unlooked-for healing come over you seldom, but at whim, so as to make folk hope and increase the Mystery of Loviatar's mercy. Unswerving cruelty will turn all folk against you. Act alluring, and give pain and torment to those who enjoy it as well as to those who deserve it most or would be most hurt by it. The lash, fire, and cold are the three pains that never fail the devout. Spread Loviatar's teachings whenever punishment is meted out. Pain tests all, but gives strength of spirit and true pleasure to the hardy and true. There is no true punishment if the punisher knows no discipline. Wherever a whip is, there is Loviatar. Fear her - and yet long for her.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total
Snares
PostThu 03/06/03 3:57am
Hello, is there anything about Mielikki and Chauntea? Thanks!  Reply with quote

Gullener
PostThu 03/06/03 8:25pm
Could you post the dogma of Sune?  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Mielikki Reply with quote

Intermediate power

Other names:
Our Lady of the Forest, The Forest Queen

Worshipers alignment: CG, LG, NG

Domains: Animal, Good, Plant, Travel

Favoured weapon: "The Hornblade" (Scimitar)

Dogma:

Intelligent beings can live in harmony with the wild without requiring the destruction of one in the name of the other. Embrace the wild and fear it not, because the wild ways are the good ways. Keep the balance and learn the hidden ways of life, but stress the positive and outreaching nature of the wild. Do not allow trees to be needlessly felled or the forest burned. Live in the forest and be a part of the forest, but do not dwell in endless battle against the forest. Protect forest life, defend every tree, plant anew where death fells a tree, and restore the natural harmony that fire-users and woodcutters often disrupt. Live as one with the woods, teach others to do so, and punish and curtail those that hunt for sport or practice cruelties on wild creatures.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total
ShadowCore
PostThu 03/06/03 8:41pm
Since everybody is asking stuff, I would like to make a request too:
Bahamut.

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Chauntea Reply with quote

On another note Chauntea is the most powerful of all the gods in Faerun.

Greater power

Other names:
The Great Mother, The Grain Goddess, Earthmother (Only amongst Moonshae folk)

Worshipers alignment: CG, LG, N, NG

Domains: Animal, Earth, Good, Protection, Plant, Renewal

Favoured weapon: A shock of grain (Scythe)

Dogma:

Growing and reaping are part of the eternal cycle and the most natural part of life. Destruction for its own sake and leveling without rebuilding are anathema. Let no day pass in which you have not helped a living thing flourish. Nurture, tend, and plant wherever possible. Protect trees and plants, and save their seeds so that what is destroyed can be replaced. See to the fertility of the earth but let the human womb see to its own. Eschew fire. Plant a seed or a small plant at least once a tenday.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Sune Reply with quote

Greater Power

Other names:
Firehair, Lady Firehair

Worshipers alignment: CG, CN, LG (Paladins only), NG

Domains: Chaos, Charm, Protection, Good

Favoured weapon: A silken sash (Whip)

Dogma:

Beauty is more than skindeep. It issues from the core of one's being and reveals one's true face to the world, fair or foul. Believe in romance, as true love will win over all. Follow your heart to your true destination. Love none more than yourself except Sune, and loose yourself in love of the Lady Firehair. Perform a loving act each day, and seek to awaken love in others. Respond to love at least once in a day. Encourage beauty wherever you find it. Acquire beautiful items of all sorts, and encourage, sponsor, and protect those who create them. Keep your own body as comely as possible and as attractively displayed as situations warrant. Let hairstyle and clothing best suit your personal appearance, striving to stir and delight others who look upon you. Moreover, hide not away, but always seek to present yourself to those around you in a pleasing variety of garbs and activities so as to move them with love and desire. Love those who respond to your appearance, and let warm friendship and admiration flower where love cannot or dares not.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total
Gullener
PostThu 03/06/03 9:03pm
Thank you very much!  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
PostThu 03/06/03 9:06pm
Yay, I don't know if you saw that or not, but I requested Bahamut(if you know him). I'll be deeply impressed if you do.  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i didn't see that request Shadowcore. Bahamut is a tough one, let me dig deep and give me a little time and i might have it for you. It is as i said, a very tough one.

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: The Dogma of Bahamut Reply with quote

Muaha, im actually quite proud of myself, i whipped out one of my old Planescape/Forgotten Realms books and found this:

Lesser Power

Other names:
The Platinum Dragon, Draco Paladin, Lord of the North Wind, Ruler of Good Dragons

Worshipers alignment: LG, NG, CG, LN, N

Domains: Air, Law, Good, Magic, Scalykind

Favoured weapon: A dragon's claw (Claw Bracer)

Dogma:

All good dragons can be allies of humanity if treated properly. Dragons should be treated with the same respect one gives to one's elders, for they have lived longer than even the most long-lived of the elves. No dragon subspecies, not even evil ones, should be hunted to extinction. Tiamat must be opposed at every opportunity, lest she destroy what little peace is in the Realms.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total
ShadowCore
PostFri 03/07/03 11:03am
Thank you. I like that icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostFri 03/07/03 11:30am
Me too.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On another note Chauntea is the most powerful of all the gods in Faerun.

Unless he's gotten weaker, Corellon is equal in power to her...
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm aint Corellon DR 18 whilst Chauntea is DR 19, im pretty sure about Chauntea's divine rank but not quite about Corellon's. As far as i know she is the only god that reaches DR 19.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: