DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ill post your gods Dogma if requested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is rank for gods? cool icon_smile.gif
i bet cyric went up a rank with all the level 20 sorcerrers massmurdering in his name on our isle icon_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snares
PostFri 03/07/03 6:25pm
Thank you very much Cherrn!  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostFri 03/07/03 6:39pm
Yes, thank you Cherrn! I don't know what I would do without you. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Corellon was DR19 in grayhawk, I can't find his rank in forgotten realms..
He has an insane amount of portfolio sense, like he can see things that effect elves 19 years before they happen or something crazy like that.
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume he was DR 19 in FR as well. Even though he could have lost 1 rank since FR has a lot more Elven Deities than other worlds. Thus the portfolio's are more spread out and divided.

Cyric is DR 17, as is Bane icon_smile.gif

That makes Shar the most powerful evil god in Faerun with DR 18 icon_smile.gif

The reason i havent posted the gods DR is because the DR is only posted with a large ammount of the greater powers. Its not posted with the smaller ones such as The Red Knight, Besheba and some of that icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah a suggestion to one of the mods, could someone do a sticky on this thread, that way it wont slide down the list when it is forgotten by some in the future. I think its a nice place to look for new people coming here, and that way they dont have to look that much for it icon_smile.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
PostSat 03/08/03 1:07pm
New god to get up here: Tiamat icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Cherrn
PostMon 03/10/03 12:15am
Oh lord i have a hard time finding Tiamat's dogma icon_cry.gif I'll keep trying though.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogma of Tiamat
Lesser Faerunian Deity
cleric alignments - LE, LN, NE

Dogma: Rival deities of all creeds and from every pantheon are inherently tyrannical. They seek only power, at any cost, despite their honeyed words. The Dragon Queen is the only being powerful enough to defy the gods and overthrow their despotic rule, as demonstrated by her otherthrow of the other Untheric dieties. Work tirelessly toward the day when Tiamat will banish the gods from Faerun and unite the world under her rule. Toward this goal, follow her commands unquestioningly (is that a word?) and be willing to sacrifice yourself in her service. To overthrow the gods requires power, and power is aquired through the accumulation of wealth and magic. Power demands respect. Chromatic dragons everywhere are to be venerated as the spawn of the Dragon Queen and paid homage. Whne Tiamat assumes her thorne, her draconic children shall serve her as dukes, and her clergy as thier mortal vassals.
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew thank you Malak Kalam, I was fearing this thread finally wouldn't deliver what the masses desire icon_biggrin.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, no problem. I was really confused when I looked it up and found a wierd dogma that was like "she believes blah blah, that she should blah blah"
I'm like, this dogma doesn't match anyone else's.. then I found her in the faiths and pantheon's book and everything was ok.
ShadowCore
PostMon 03/10/03 9:53am
Cool, thanks. I needed that so I could know what to fight against as Bahamut worshipper. Hehe.  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe i knew i should have looked in that one, I didn't remember at all her being in it. Graargh! icon_redface.gif Well honest mistake icon_razz.gif

Malakalam
PostMon 03/31/03 8:18pm
Someone should sticky this topic, took me a while to find it..  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the smart person who knows everything about deities????

CAN YOU TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT THE FLAMING FIST? PLEASE icon_mrgreen.gif
Anything would be nice
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already told you pretty much everything about them thats in the source books.. they're the unoffical army of Baldur's Gate, thier leader is a level 20 fighter, LN. They're a very minor mercenary organization, and are not mentioned in any of the source books except under the 2-3 paragraph blurb about baldur's gate in the forgotten realms campaign setting book.

Since I can't seem to locate tempus in this huge thread, I'm reposting it here (or posting it for the first time?) and omg its huge

Tempus(CN)
Lord of Battles, Foehammer
Greater Deity
domains - chaos protection strength war
cleric alignments - ce, cg, cn (note that he does not accept true neutral despite it being one step)

Tempus does not win battles, he helps the deserving warrior win battles. War is fair in that it oppresses and aids all equally and that in any given battle, a mortal may be slain or become a great leader among his or her companions. It should not be feared, but seen as a natural force, a human force, the storm that civilization brings by its very existence. Arm all for whome battle is needful, even foes. Retreat from hopeless fights but never avoid battle. Slay one foe decisively and halt a battle quickly rather than rely upon slow attrition or the senselss dragging on of hostilities. Remember the dead that fell before you. Defend what you believe in, lest it be swept away. Disparage no foe and respect all, for valor blazes in all regardless of age, sex, or race. Tempus looks with favor upon those that acquit themselves honorably in battle without resorting to such craven tricks as destroying homes, family, or livestock when a foe is away or attacking from the rear (except when such an attack is launched by a small band against foes of vastly superior numbers). Consider the consequences of the violence of war and do not wage war recklessly. The smooth-tongued and fleet of feet that avoid all strife and never defend thier beliefs wreak more harm than the most energetic tyrant, raider, or horde leader.

Good god that dogma is long.
Marine436
PostMon 03/31/03 8:37pm
Shar

Curiosity, only...

Shin2k
PostMon 03/31/03 8:49pm
Malakalam, thanks for the info... Ill ressurect the Flaming Fist myself!  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure right, whatever you say icon_biggrin.gif

Shar -
Reveal secrets only to fellow members of the faithful. Never follow hope or turn to promises of success. Quench the light of the moon (agents and items of Selune) whenever you find it, and hide from it when you cannot prevail. The dark is a time to act, not wait. It is forbidden to strive to better your lot in life or to plan ahead except when directly overseen by the faithful of the Dark Deity. Consorting with the faithful of good deities is a sin except in buisness dealings or to corrupt them from thier beliefs. Obey ranking clergy unless it would result in your own death.

As a side note -
"clergy and temples: Shar's doctrine of vengeful nihilism appeals to those who have suffered great loss or betrayal." -- who do we know that has had her friends turn against her, her husband murdered, her children attempt to commit suicide, and then was thrown out of an organization that she helped found? muhahaha icon_twisted.gif
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Malakalam, thanks for the info... Ill ressurect the Flaming Fist myself!

Ressurrect them from where? they're still around, they're protecting baldur's gate.
AliZee'
PostMon 03/31/03 9:33pm
Can you do Waukeen??
GOLD!!!

Jase
PostMon 03/31/03 9:36pm
do Glorin, God of Spam  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 9:37pm
yea do me do me! icon_biggrinno.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 03/31/03 9:39pm
*does Glorin* emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartarrow.gif

eww...
I MARRIED Glorin and i still haven't done him...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase
PostMon 03/31/03 9:46pm
*looks at TP* *loks at Glorin* *runs away*  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Waukeen Reply with quote

Lesser Power

Other names: Merchant's friend

Worshipers alignment: CN, LN, N, NE, NG

Domains: Knowledge, Protection, Travel, Trade

Favoured weapon: Cloud of coins (Nunchaku)

Dogma:

Mercantile trade is the best road to enrichment. Increasing the general prosperity buys ever greater civilization and happiness for intelligent folk worldwide, bringing people closer to the golden age that lies ahead. Destroy no trade goods, raise no restrictions to trade, and propagate no malicious rumors that could harm someone's commerce. Challenge and refute unproven rumors that could negatively impact trade when heard. Give money freely to beggars and businesses, for the more coin everyone has, the greater the urge to spend and trade rather than hoard. To worship Waukeen is to know wealth. To guard your funds is to venerate her, and to share them well seeds your future success. Call on her in trade, and she will guide you in wise commerce. The bold find gold, the careful keep it, and the timid yield it up.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total
Cherrn
Grandmaster

XP
 65%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: The Dogma of Selune Reply with quote

Shar is a Greater Power btw.
Here is, as requested by Marine, sorry I completely forgot all about it icon_redface.gif

Intermediate Power

Other names: Our Lady of Silver, The Moonmaiden

Worshipers alignment: CG, CN, NG

Domains: Chaos, Good, Moon, Protection, Travel

Favoured weapon: "The Rod of Four Moons" (Heavy Mace)

Dogma:

Let all on whom Selune's light falls be welcome if they desire. As the silver moon waxes and wanes, so too does life. Trust in Selune's radiance, and know that all love alive under her light shall know her blessing. Turn to the moon, and she will be your true guide. Promote acceptances and tolerance. See all other beings as equals. Aid fellow Selunites as if they were your dearest friends.

Last edited by Cherrn on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total
Norrec
PostTue 04/01/03 2:50am
What can you give me about Mielikki?

Oh, and who is Bane(sp?)?

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Malakalam, thanks for the info... Ill ressurect the Flaming Fist myself!

Ill make a stronghold here! icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
PostTue 04/01/03 11:04am
Aha, good luck on that Shin...but I doubt you'll get very far with Falk around..  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: