DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

My very own home-made voiceset
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: My very own home-made voiceset Reply with quote

Wow, I got it up there in NWVault, and as soon as they get updated(and i notice it), I'll put the link up here, and i hope you'll like it when it gets up there.
At least I, Kindo and Solo loved it, and everybody i know who played IWD2(that's where it is from) loved it too.

It is now a sticky post so everyone can see it icon_wink.gif

What do I need to do to make the sticky thing appear? Could anyone make this sticky then?

Last edited by ShadowCore on Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you forgot to mention me in special thanks. i provided the it from icewind cussing.gif
icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it really is great. One of my all-time favourites from the era when BioWare still weren't smacktard lazy lamers. Problem with custom voicesets and portraits is that sometimes, the recieve needs to have the files in order to see or hear it. Sometimes you can see a custom-made portrait, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can hear custom-made voices, sometimes you can't. Might be some sort of connection thing. but anyway, I suggest everyone to grab the voiceset Shadow has made, it really is wonderful. And also, grab the custom-portrait rips from IWD/BG games. They are all MUCH nicer portraits than those BioWare offer. Don't remember the link to those, but I am sure someone does.

If as many as possible start downloading and/or creating their own portraits/soundsets, we might end up having a really cool customisation for all players. let's face it, things were much better before. In Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. BioWare delivered quality then. Not some messed up, last-minute work like they do now. All soundsets in NWN are really sucky if you compare them to the ones you had in BG and IWD. NWN doesn't even come *close* to them. Same goes with the portraits. Sure, some few of the NWN ones are nice, but look at those provided in Baldur's and Icewind. now that's cool portraits.

::sigh:: the good ol' days....
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Siao222
PostMon 02/17/03 2:43am
Last I heard from the Suggestions forums Dyso is going to relase a Hak Pack, maybe we can include the potraits and sounds in it.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! That would be wonderful! That way, everyone who is playing Dyso will have all the awesome portraits from the BG/IWD era. Which in its turn, makes it possible for everybody to see them too, if my calculations are correct. emot-yum.gif
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

hey you forgot to mention me in special thanks. i provided the it from icewind

Yes, I did forget to mention that, and i also forgot to mention bri for his Java help. But where did you get that info? Is it already up then? If so, please send me a link of it, since i couldn't find it, so I can update it(making it available in every gender, and changing the name to "Fighter, funny")

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, after screwing around a bit on their website, i found a link to my file(although the vault hasn't been updated yet)
This is the link:
link

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I am NOW updating the files, BUT some things are NOT CORRECT SO DON'T DOWNLOAD IT YET!!!! When I get home, I will correct all mistakes, BUT NOT NOW!!! When I have corrected everything, I will post it here, ONLY DOWNLOAD IT WHEN I HAVE. If you alre4ady have it, you'll need to re-download it then, sorry.

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link

That's the new and(barely) improved soundset, please GET IT!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I was thinking that maybe i should make a new one, with my own voiceset and the Minsc and Orc voice in it too, with an updated Dialog.tlk, so that people can see the text of all the voices, and don't need to screw around when they want to get one voice. Should I do this?? Comments, please..

Jase
PostMon 02/17/03 5:18pm
How do you install it?  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Yes, it really is great. One of my all-time favourites from the era when BioWare still weren't smacktard lazy lamers. Problem with custom voicesets and portraits is that sometimes, the recieve needs to have the files in order to see or hear it. Sometimes you can see a custom-made portrait, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can hear custom-made voices, sometimes you can't. Might be some sort of connection thing. but anyway, I suggest everyone to grab the voiceset Shadow has made, it really is wonderful. And also, grab the custom-portrait rips from IWD/BG games. They are all MUCH nicer portraits than those BioWare offer. Don't remember the link to those, but I am sure someone does.

If as many as possible start downloading and/or creating their own portraits/soundsets, we might end up having a really cool customisation for all players. let's face it, things were much better before. In Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. BioWare delivered quality then. Not some messed up, last-minute work like they do now. All soundsets in NWN are really sucky if you compare them to the ones you had in BG and IWD. NWN doesn't even come *close* to them. Same goes with the portraits. Sure, some few of the NWN ones are nice, but look at those provided in Baldur's and Icewind. now that's cool portraits.

::sigh:: the good ol' days....

that was bioware + blackisle

then they split up and both became crappy icon_sad.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the URL with the text and everything

To install it, just read the readme.txt included in the zip.

ShadowCore
PostWed 02/19/03 11:38am
Ehhmm, it didn't work before, but it does now, SO GET IT;)  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE, Annah Voiceset is now up and running too. Try it out here:
[link]

BTW, if you already have the file, you should re-download it, since it's better now.

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANd one more, for your private pleasure icon_biggrin.gif
The much appreciated Morte!!!
[link]

Foozbane
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the first two voice sets, in reverse order as suggested in the readme, but they didn't appear to work (no sound when you clicked on them in char creation). It did unlock all the NPC voices tho.

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, you should try upping your voices sound level, for some reason these sounds seem to be weaker than the others. But if you can click them, trust me, they work. You probably couldn't hear them because of music.

Foozbane
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any music, and I didn't hear so much as a whisper. Maybe I installed it wrong? Here's what I did:

1. Installed "annah" voice set, all files
2. Installed "fighter, funny" voice set, overwriting the soundset.2da and dialog.2da (I think they were called) files from the annah set

Is that right?

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehmm, well, no, it's the other way around. First fighter, funny, and then Annah. Perhaps my instructions are a bit vague.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter that much since they only let you see the text in the game, if you did that wrong. I still think it's the volume, that's the only thing that CAN be wrong. Either turn up the windows central volume, OR turn up the voices volume in NWN, OR increase the volume of the sound files themselves with a sound editor.

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url="Vhailor soundset"]http://cgi.nwvault.ign.com/dtracker.cgi?file=SOUNDS_1038182396750&url=http://vnfiles.ign.com/nwn/sounds/Sander_Philipse1047046693400vhailorsounds.zip[/url]

And there is another new soundset, the Vhailor soundset this time. Get it, now!!!
It has some improvements besides just the soundset, it now also let's you select every soundset in the gae, and it DOESN'T overwrite any old soundsets(Kindo told me that my fighter overwrote gnolls..funny, but not meant to happen)

Jase
PostSat 03/15/03 5:30pm
how did you make it?  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a tough question. Well, basically, I started out with a guide on nwvault(don't remember where to get it). All I really got from it was where to get the tools. When I got the tools, I first needed to figure how to make a .jar file(why didn't that guy put it in his readme? I hate him for that icon_evil.gif) from a collection of java files, to get the SSFEditor to work.
Then I used a wavc/acm converter(those are bioware/interplay formats) to convert them to a good audio, so I could understand what they were saying. After that, I reformatted and edited some of the files, gave them the right names and entered them in the soundset(I have had it with that stupid Java editor, soon, I'm gonna make my own tool for it). Then I filled in all of the texts in the dialog.tlk file using the dialog editor, and then I linked those up with the soundset editor.

But if you want a soundset, send me the files, and I'll make one.

Also, I am now making a big file out of all of the soundsets I got(including Minsc) and am putting up RIGHT NOW!!! I'll tell you when it's done!

Jase
PostSat 03/15/03 7:17pm
YEAH! Can you make an evil undead type voice?  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, but you'll have to send me sounds for that. Without those, I won't get very far icon_biggrin.gif
If you know ANY game who has the sounds you like, send me the files of the sounds, and I'll get them out of there. If you're not sure how to, tell me the name of the game, and I'll try to get the files out of there. Or I'll walk you through it.

But perhpas you could try out Vhailors sounds, they could be fitting, although there are conflicts. But at least he sounds like that. Otherwise, try one of the wraith sounds.

Jase
PostSat 03/15/03 7:34pm
PM me your email i have Necromancer Voice sounds  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this is where you can download AL of the voicesets I made, have fun:
link

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, could someone make this sticky? I can't make it sticky, since that option doesn't appear when I edit the first post icon_sad.gif

Nefiorim
PostSun 03/16/03 1:25pm
Stickified on request icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nefi.

For those of you who liked it, here is a link to the page where you can add comments and vote:
Sound page

And for those of you who want to know, I have just completed Xan and Edwin, I'm busy with Edwina, and I'll do Dak'kon as well before I upload it again. Stay tuned icon_wink.gif

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee hee hee! Xan, Edwin and Edwina. The three top-notch sounds from BG1/BG2. I really love you for doing this for us, Shadow. icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: