DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Drow are NOT Good

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Drow are NOT Good Reply with quote

Check this link:
http://nwvault.ign.com/features/editorials/021703.shtml

Now, I totally agree with that, Drow are now not considered to be EVIL anymore by a lot of people, just because they have seen 1 or perhaps 2 good Drow. Now, ofcourse there are people who should NOT consider Drow to automatically be evil(I would be one of those), but most people reallyt should do that.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup most people should suspect all drow to be evil, and for that matter they almost are. People thinking drows are good must be in league with the drows somehow- thats what a normal person should think

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I also hate people who play good drow, I hate all drow IC,

People, remember, ANYONE in the DnD world would probably try to kill a drow at sight. Even if they claim to be good, drow are lying bastards, who knows, he may try to kill you while you are asleep.

and concerning good drow:
REALLY rare, believe me, a good drow would be rarer than the chance of running into an ancient red dragon. Drow rarely become good, drizzt do'urden was an exception, and the drow from IWD had a small chance of her becoming a good char, and not even that was for certain. Lets just say, you would have a really small chance of becoming a good drow, and becoming a "good" drow would take an awfull long time, and people will still hate you for just being a drow.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of us have GOOD reason's of not judgeing Drow to be evil.

In sadmon (nel's home city) drow where banned, and it was a hush hush topic, never spoken of why.

But.

A char from a Different Realm named Kettlee and one Named Adelina, Changed Nel's Views on all Drow
Ner'dulla Serthalyss
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I make a drow on a server, I am well aware of the risks.
As should any player. Lawfull Evil as an alignment gives me much liberty, up to a certain point.

But If ppl want to play nice with me, I certainly wont bring in my own death warrant... icon_smile.gif

However if ppl attack me too late (ie: im after lvl 13) they better know what they are doing... especially if im playing Ker'chella Serthalyss ! hehe
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basicly, unless you're a harper, you should consider all drow to be monsters. Not an elven sub-race, but monsters, like ogres or trolls, or red dragons. If you ARE a harper, you MAY know about the few good aligned drow that live on the surface.

So basicly, when you see a Drow walking around the streets of Eleriina, you should have one of three reactions -
A) the one my character William Cutters takes - Disbelief - "you there, are you a drow? I mean, you look like a drow, but why would you be walking around the city?"
B) Panic and Terror - "Helm save us! There's a drow in our city! Run for your lives!"
C) Old South Style Lynching Mob - "Kill the drow! String it up! We'll show you how we treat your kind 'round here."

The same applies to Duergar, who I know almost nothing about, beyond thier lawful evil alignment and thier gods dogma who basicly says everything is thiers for the taking...
If anyone has a good source of information about them, I'd enjoy a link.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is one thing. BE SURE TO CHECK IF THE DROW HAS WHITE HAIR AND LOOKS LIKE AN ELF!!! I have been accused of being a drow more than once, just because I have black skin(Yes, I have a decent story), while I have blue hair(Yes, there is a story there too) and I am human. That's just bad.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zedium wrote:
Drow rarely become good, drizzt do'urden was an exception, and the drow from IWD had a small chance of her becoming a good char, and not even that was for certain. Lets just say, you would have a really small chance of becoming a good drow, and becoming a "good" drow would take an awfull long time, and people will still hate you for just being a drow.

As IWD doesn't have character stories, I am sure you are referring to BG. There is a female drow there, who starts out as an outcast of her house (she ran away) but she is still evil. If you play a good character and you really get into her, you can at the very end of BG2-ToB have her become Good. You meet her somewhere in the first Baldur's Gate game, but the changing doesn't take start until the beginning of BG2, and keeps playing out all the way through Shadows of Amn, and is not finished until Throne of Bhaal. So, yes. It takes ALOT of time to turn her good.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's human (ie Player) nature to want to be special or unique. That's why so many "exceptions" are the norm in Dyso. Personally, I've never met any Drow besides good ones. The half-orcs are always nice and friendly, Dwarves share loot, etc. I understand from a psychological view of char creation what they're trying to achieve. Why do you think I made a female halfing who returns loot? I didn't see any others around. Well, now it's grown to the point that people trying to be unique are distorting the original perceptions of a race or class. Hopefully someone will notice that the stereotypes for certain races and classes are exactly what is needed.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:

As IWD doesn't have character stories, I am sure you are referring to BG. There is a female drow there, who starts out as an outcast of her house (she ran away) but she is still evil. If you play a good character and you really get into her, you can at the very end of BG2-ToB have her become Good. You meet her somewhere in the first Baldur's Gate game, but the changing doesn't take start until the beginning of BG2, and keeps playing out all the way through Shadows of Amn, and is not finished until Throne of Bhaal. So, yes. It takes ALOT of time to turn her good.

hehe... I either killed her or let the townspeople get to her in that game... it was awesome...
i kinda didn't know what was going on...
hehe
"oops!!! she was a Party member!!! oh well..."
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Zedium wrote:
Drow rarely become good, drizzt do'urden was an exception, and the drow from IWD had a small chance of her becoming a good char, and not even that was for certain. Lets just say, you would have a really small chance of becoming a good drow, and becoming a "good" drow would take an awfull long time, and people will still hate you for just being a drow.

viconia u mean?
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viconia's full name is Viconia Devir. House Devir was the house that was wiped out by house Do'Urden in Menzoberranzan and the book "The Dark Elf Trilogy."

Just as interesting as Jarlaxle being 3rd son of house Baenre, hope i didn't spoil anything icon_redface.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, there is one thing. BE SURE TO CHECK IF THE DROW HAS WHITE HAIR AND LOOKS LIKE AN ELF!!! I have been accused of being a drow more than once, just because I have black skin(Yes, I have a decent story), while I have blue hair(Yes, there is a story there too) and I am human. That's just bad.

If I looked kinda like an ogre, and had people constantly thinking I was an ogre.. why would I (the player, not the character) be upset about it? Isn't that part of the downside to looking kinda like a monster?
ShadowCore
PostFri 02/21/03 7:33am
Ermm, the one thing is, is that I do not make people believe that I am a Drow, hell, I don't even look like one except for the skin, THAT'S ALL!!  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherrn wrote:
Viconia's full name is Viconia Devir. House Devir was the house that was wiped out by house Do'Urden in Menzoberranzan and the book "The Dark Elf Trilogy."

Just as interesting as Jarlaxle being 3rd son of house Baenre, hope i didn't spoil anything icon_redface.gif

i always thought Jarlaxle was the first son of house Baenre
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I made the only EVIL drow for all I have seen, sure, I havenīt had time to level her up, but she sure is a damn nasty person to meet, hell, she will probably kill you after a short chat.

And also note if you ever see her, that she walks mostly in the shadows. The reason why she doesnīt get blinded in sunlight? she is a half drow, even though if she denies it icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: