DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

First Thoughts:
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: First Thoughts: Reply with quote

Just in normal words:
I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS.

And now for a detailed comment:
I love this idea, seeing editing the whole mod area by area for the new changed will probably take up more time than rewriting it, and it allows for several mayor changes in the whole mod.

I can't wait to play it icon_smile.gif
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and by concentrating ALL efforts on one area at a time (since we have most of the ground rules established now) we can pay attention to small detail in each area...things like an NPC fighter out hunting for ogre eaters...or perhaps an entire NPC party that if they pass you by will offer healing. It'll give each individual area a myriad of detail you can stop and admire...and tell your friends about...

"Yesterday I was in Eleriina: Slums and I saw a thief break into a house...I followed him inside and he was holding the family at daggerpoint. I killed him and the family awarded me with 1000 gold pieces! It was so cool!"

-or-

"Yeah, my mates and I were hunting ogre eaters like we do every Saturday and this small army of gnolls went marching through the area and headed North. We followed them all the way to the end of the road and found out that they have a fortress up there! The gates were locked tight though and we haven't found a way in yet. Any ideas?"

We're hoping that small events like this will entice characters to role play instead of brute forcing everything. In following the gnolls...if your party members make a successful listen check they can overhear the gnoll captain muttering the password to the gatekeepers. Using this knowledge, your party can skip inside the gates and gain access to a full fortress of gnolls and gnoll loot! Doesn't that beat just killing the gnolls on sight? icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, maybe a good idea would be to use the witches wake like dialogue, like this:
The small dwarf stares at you with his left eye manicly twitching "Gooo, awaaaay!" he says while swinging his swords. "No man, elf, dwarf, or anything else on two legs shall pass"
1) "But I need to pass to reach the castle!"
2) Attack the poor fool.
3) Ignore him.

Note that actually said things are between ", and actions are just told.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 words:

HELL YEA.

Can we get random raids on cities !

O GOD ! PLEASE SAY YES !

Random RAids On cities ! PLEASE ! PLEASE ! PLEASE !!!!!
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times can I say WOO HOO!!! Well, I guess that's all that's necessary. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This totally sounds Great! bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Thanks for all your hard work, I can't wait to try it out!

Ariia

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ectovult
PostTue 02/18/03 10:23pm
weirdlook.gif
*looses counciousness and falls from his chair*

Geshtal
PostTue 02/18/03 10:42pm
I can't wait to try it out either (as a player) icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostTue 02/18/03 10:43pm
keep in mind u prolly wont see that for about 2 months heh  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Releases will be lower in quantity but higher in quality...which is what we'r eaiming for. No more areas like Eastern Plains that are created and then left empty. We want to put detail into everyplace you travel...making it worth your time to relax while playing and look at your surroundings.

Oh, one feature I think I forgot to mention is that you will only be able to complete each quest one time per character. Tis means no more rushing certain areas to complete a qyest over and over for money or XP.

Your character's locations will also be remembered as they move throughout the world of Dysotopia. Whenever you return from being away, your character will pick up where they left off. This will discourage people from just logging out in the middle of a tough area. Your "exact" location won't be remembered, but each area will have several progress markers (located in save places) that will record where you are in the world.

Death will also be dealt with differently for the time being. We are removing the afterlife for now...and you will be resurrected in one of many temples throughout the lands. As you know, we still plan on creating a sequel to Dyso that is pure afterlife areas...the realms of the heavens and hells...and of course, limbo...where the Slaad run wild and free. icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is a big hell yeah on all of this ... but then I suspect you didn't expect me to say it sucked, either. icon_biggrin.gif
Aling Karrde
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I've only been on Dyso for a week now, and I've been impressed with what I've seen so far. I can't wait for the Rebirth version to come out in test (I will definitely be applying to be a test player). Will testing come along in the somewhat-near future? icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll post something here too: This is going to be GREAT!! I have said this all along, and I'll say it again: Dyso is going to be the BEST MOD around, seriously, it's going to be better than what the paid official developers can come up with icon_biggrin.gif Fan based content always has that!!!!!

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dederic
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwhahahaah I take pride in the fact that I suggested the name limbo instead of teh boring ol' purgatory icon_smile.gif
Geshtal
PostThu 02/20/03 6:13am
Yep, you sire did...and besides, after a little research, it's actually referred to as Limbo in DnD rules.  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weirdlook.gif This 'rebirth' is going to be awesome.... how many castles/guildhalls will be around to claim. And can you hire all sorts of guards like Lizards or Animals... or only normal guards? Would be cool to be able to make some sort of your own guard.. Not to strong... but it would have to fit with your Guild style.... A dark demonic guild shouldnt have white paladins protecting them.... and vica versa A white paladin guild shouldnt have 10 Balor Lords guarding them...

I think its perfect to make more guilds... it improves roleplaying...
Owyeah one more suggestion: Perhaps put in some sort of Guild chat...
And a guild war thing.... the two guild leaders should be able to declare war and peace on eachother or so....

Thanks for your time icon_lol.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Shin, except for the guild war 'thing', and the guards outside the door.

I doubt that this feature need be implemented, because it will happen anyway. I also would like to know what exactly you had in mind - as in what would this guild war 'thing' be like? Will the wars be based on just the leaders' personal vandetta? Expand on this a little more.

Also, need you have door guardians? I really think that thats just a waste of time. Maybe just selective entry- as in only those authorized can enter.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Will the wars be based on just the leaders' personal vandetta? Expand on this a little more.

I think that there should be some sort of voting system and if both guild have a +50% of votes for a war then the war should start or so but I think thats well quite impossible to script because you would have to register guildmembers in some sort of guild database but if you can do that then it would be cool to have some sort of system like that...

Quote:

Also, need you have door guardians?

I don't think you need door guards but it would be nice to have one or two guards who can defend the door if needed.... but I think that a few guards inside the building would be best.... and perhaps some sort of bell you can ring to call all guards to one point... I think that would be very cool to have.... all kind of ideas that are probably unscriptable.... but at least worth a try...

062802comp_prv.gif
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhmm, actually, almost everything you suggested, Shin, will be put in. Just read the other topics around here. Anyway, making MORE guilds is NOT a good idea, we are being SWAMPED with guilds, really, and another guild can hardly be unique anymore.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smile when reading these posts. People suggesting things that have already been completely designed and added to the implementation list. icon_mrgreen.gif
Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*begins to drool and become a litte light-headed at the thought of rebirth" Gesh! i had an idea with Shihi and a couple others on the tester the other day. (don't know if this is possible) but could you do something with the skulls recieved when you die? like make a tradskill that allows you to make bone weapons out of them or the skulls of others? That would be cool (bone sword+1)
Geshtal
PostFri 02/21/03 9:59pm
Bone is already one of the materials in the tradeskill system. icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostFri 02/21/03 10:54pm
Waaah, whats the plan on lvl 20+ in Rebirth, Gesh?
(my question on the other threat was spammed over)

Glorin
PostFri 02/21/03 10:58pm
leave the EXP the same!  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal your kidding me... You cant make my dream come true!!
Or can you icon_wink.gif rofl... your insane but I think your not the only one working on it so credit to all who are working on it...
great job!
Little Teapot
PostSat 02/22/03 9:56pm
i might add bone isn't a very good weapon to have an edge on...  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, bone is used more for bows and arrows and other such things...like a staff of bone. Armor and weapons don't tend to be good with bone because of it's brittleness.
Gabriel Lynux
PostSun 02/23/03 9:28pm
it would still be fun to have them, to each his own some people like bone...like necromancers and stuff  Reply with quote

Geshtal
PostMon 02/24/03 2:06am
Yeah, as posted above, bone is a material you can craft things out of already.  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about making it so MORE THAN ONE person on the ship will do they ships conversation? If it's laggy you can nvr get off thatr ship if theres like 3-5 ppl on board
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: