DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Revolt's . Armies. City control, in Rebirth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About attacking non evil guilds, why try to attack them? it seems pointless to me to attack a guild of librarians, common, it takes some cash to maintain an extra guildhall, and you have nothing to fear from people who have their noses in books.
Kindo
PostThu 02/20/03 3:44pm
Good point, Zed. I mean storming the house holding some goddamn librarians would be a bit stupid.  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really, I think it would be a valuable asset for a Guild to take control of the Library.

Why?

The Historians Guild control what? History.

They are like the Press, And if a Guild is able to control the press, they control the public opinion.

"Whoever controls the Media, controls the mind"- Jim Morrison

Mass propaganda in favor of the guild, people may not believe it but they sure aren't hearing any bad things.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention frowned upon by yours truely. I can punish guilds that get out of hand...remember, I can track EVERYTHING now...even how many enemies you kill! I will be getting full status reports of ongoing wars and who's winning which battles.

If I see people attacking the KotLS (which is a guild that the King highly regards) then you'll have a guild of dragoons up on your arse taking your guild hall from you and robbing your org bank! Remember, this is ROLE playing...soneome that's a librarian would have no reason to provoke a militant and the militant would have no reason to attack a library. icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the fact that an evil guild is just plain evil should be taken into consideration too. Because an evil guild will only need a small grudge to attack another guild. I can see that they will just seek an excuse to attack others, the slightest incidental kill-steal will probably do for a guild war.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the thief had better think about things before they get a hit put out on them. icon_wink.gif If you kill someone with a bounty on their head, it's not a bad PK, it's marked as an assassination in the DB...also, you can't put a mark on someone and then kill them yourself...this won't reward you with the gold. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_eek.gif

My God, Gesh (no, you're not my God, but damned close icon_wink.gif ). You weren't kidding when you were talking about it doing things that even you didn't know about. I'm referring to the post you put up at 6:11 GMT today.

I mean, My GOD! (or one of them, at least)
I can't WAIT!!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe damn, I was already beginning to see a very lucrative suicide spree exploit icon_twisted.gif
So, where's Falk? I'm sure the LoS would love this, he would finally be able to get his political side in action..
View users profile Send private message
Geshtal
PostThu 02/20/03 7:34pm
No to mention hiring the LoS to trap the crap out of your fortress! They can make some decent cash in that manner!  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but we are still waiting for Falkie's computer to be repaired. I miss that li'l fella icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Siao222
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 7 / 25 EXP: 7 / 25 EXP: 7 / 25
 28%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If I see people attacking the KotLS (which is a guild that the King highly regards) then you'll have a guild of dragoons up on your arse taking your guild hall from you and robbing your org bank! Remember, this is ROLE playing...soneome that's a librarian would have no reason to provoke a militant and the militant would have no reason to attack a library.

In real life there are cases where the mafia don't like a certain article about them from a certain journalist from a certain company, they tend to send people to rough them out icon_twisted.gif Though I doubt it will be an all out assault on them
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I never realized what was instore for Dyso. Taking guild Halls? That will be fun. Defending the Druids guild would be something I'm definately up for. Wonder what kind of wildlife we'll get to defend it?...HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE, I'M SO EXCITED!!! icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the leader of the mercenary guild, Tempest Steel i have certain issues to address.

Point 1:
The attack of a guild's hall. It would be unfair to attack a guild's base when non of its guild members are online. Hiring NPC guards cannot compare to players. Unfair disadvantage.

Point 2:
Favourites. Lets face it, there are guilds or groups that Gesh has a certain "affection" to, examples: OSB and White Guards of Eleriina.
Would i be wrong to assume that all guilds will be treated equal?

Point 3:
Guild Hall location. Is there a choice to where guild hall will be located?
For example, i wouldnt want the Tempest Steel to be based in Eleriina, just isnt good for business. Will there be a TOTALLY netural city for guilds that arent Lawful Good
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About point 1, all guilds has this unfair disadvandage, cause when your guild might be asleep or working/school whatever, then when you come online maybe the guild that attacked you at that period might be sleeping working/at school or something
Either the guild gets members around the world so they can protect it 24 hours a day, or you get very high security, you can even hire another guild to help protect

Guild halls will be outside of the cities as i understand itm only the guards of the cities will have their HQ in the city they protect
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Gesh liking certain guilds better point. You're right, he does, but that won't affect his behaviour towards them. The ONLY thing that will affect his behaviour towards others is a guild's actions and the way Geshtal the King(ie. the character) looks at them. He will probably not like a thieving guild, but he will like a law-abiding peaceful guild(or something. like the KotLS), or a guild that helps him with his tasks(like the OSB). So getting in his favor might help too.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon316
PostFri 02/21/03 10:51am
be an ass kisser .... it gets those that do it very far...  Reply with quote

Zedium
Hero

XP
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No jon, yopu got it wrong, if you were king, what would you prefer? The LoS or the OSB, the OSB probably, seeing they help you protect your country, while the LoS is a crime organisation.

And donīt get me wrong, Geshtal loves the LoS, but from a roleplay perspective it would be wrong for a king to support a group of Assasins, burglars, pickpockets and other kinds of scum.

And remember, it wonīt be likely for the OSB to attack you unless you are evil, while the LoS could always attack you if you have a little too much cash or if they have been hired to do so.
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was killed today by LINK or something I think he;'s part of the OSB
THEY ARE EVIL THEY ARE SOOOOO EVIL!!! KILL THEM ALL

or not icon_smile.gif just think that if you join a serious roleplay guild then you'd need a serious name and not LINK-DIE-M-N-XXX- or so.... icon_mrgreen.gif
zak_fel
PostFri 02/21/03 3:12pm
I just think Gesh is too pro lawful good
there has to be a counter balance between good and evil in a role playing prospective.

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect him to BE lawful good, so he HAS to support lawful good. Think about it...
Would a lawful good guy support evil people?? I think not! Anyway, it is mostly up to the players what kind of country it becomes, just like in a DnD game, the players also shape the world.

Zedium
Hero

XP
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, gesh is more lawfull neutral, he cares about his laws being act to, byut does not activly involve with the subjects themselves. He only takes actions when seriously threathening certain things he wants to be maintained.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am TRUE NEUTRAL...besides, who says I'm gonna be king in Rebirth? Perhaps that will be a capturable position as well?

Guild halls are not placed anywhere important. In fact...there are going to be NUMEROUS locations for guilds to base a HQ...this should prevent people fighting just to get a home for their guild.

There is a tax district system...here is a quick breakdown

The Kingdom:
Does not pay taxes...collects interest paid on loans, takes a 5% or so fee off of all web based item sales can set the interest rates as well as the tax rates.

Tax Districts...(such as Eleriina, Kravenwood, Sylvandale, Dorath, Mishimir, etc...)
Pays taxes to the kingdom. Receives a certain number of "free" NPC guards to dispatch to protect the district as well as to enforce laws and tax collection. Can set tax rates for all occupiable lands in their districts. Run by a single organization.

"Fortresses" (basically any area that can be "occupied" by organizations)
Pays taxes to the tax district. Must hire all NPC guards. These are things such as guild halls, druid groves, mansions, or any other such thing that can be controlled by an organization. Can only collect funding from the organization members and may also charge guests a fee for visiting their facilities.

"Houses" (Land areas that can be controlled by a single player)
Houses are the solo form of a fortress. They allow only one or two NPC guards and are a safehaven for one character only. If you are a family you will have to form an "organization" for your family and occupy a larger home. Houses pay taxes to the tax district it is located in. Houses can in no way produce funding for their owner.

For example, we have Eleriina which is in the Kingdom of Dysotopia. Eleriina pays taxes to the King. Inside of Eleriina we have about 50-100 "houses" that players may occupy. Each one of these houses that is occupied by a player must pay taxes to the local district (Eleriina). There are also several "fortresses" inside of Eleriina such as the White Tower, Heut Mansion, Temple of the Night, etc...these fortresses can be occupied by any organization. They must pay taxes to the local district (Eleriina) and can levy a tax on their members to help cover the high costs involved in controlling the land.

If taxes in eleriina get too expensive, players will simply leave their house and move to a different city where the leadership is better off. This would cause Eleriina's government to begin losing money and if they become unable to pay their taxes to the kingdom, they may be overthrown and a new head of that district will be appointed by the king/queen.

Players will have to think about the economics of the world as well as the political consequences of their decisions.

It's complex and for those of you that are here to play, get in with a good leader and trust them to guide you through it. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with going it alone and when you get wealthy, start renting a home. icon_smile.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And anyways, I wouldn't worry about him turning Dyso into a land that caters only to the goody-two-shoes, right, Gesh? I'm thinking that you're going for a world that is well-balanced, fun for *everyone* no matter what kind of character you play (as long as you're not ruining the fun for others all the time), and who knows, you might play an evil character yourself sometime..... icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCore
PostFri 02/21/03 4:21pm
Errrmm, should we go ask Gesh himself? He really is Lawful good, trust me.  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of the new MOD is to let the players shape the world...players shape the politics and the economy. There is no such things as a "good" or "neutral" city anymore. It's all based on "Who is in office and what kinds of guards they hire..." you can only hire guards that match your alignment. A good leader would be hiring paladins and goody twoshoes while someone like GLorin in office would have undead guarding the streets...

The choice will be up to the players as a community. You can alter everything! If evil begins to take over then good will have to join together to revolt against them...if good becomes too powerful then evil will revolt. For all you neutral people, remember, you fight for the underdog...so it's a great role playing opportunity for you also!
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Actually I am TRUE NEUTRAL...besides, who says I'm gonna be king in Rebirth? Perhaps that will be a capturable position as well?

Quote:

Errrmm, should we go ask Gesh himself? He really is Lawful good, trust me.

ShadowCore, looks like you missed something

Quote:

Tax Districts...(such as Eleriina, Kravenwood, Sylvandale, Dorath, Mishimir, etc...)

Interesting way of announcing new cities, is any of those Glorins or Darks (if he is still around??)

Are there more?

Sounds like this is going to be huge
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:
Not to mention frowned upon by yours truely. I can punish guilds that get out of hand...remember, I can track EVERYTHING now...even how many enemies you kill! I will be getting full status reports of ongoing wars and who's winning which battles.

If I see people attacking the KotLS (which is a guild that the King highly regards) then you'll have a guild of dragoons up on your arse taking your guild hall from you and robbing your org bank! Remember, this is ROLE playing...soneome that's a librarian would have no reason to provoke a militant and the militant would have no reason to attack a library. icon_mrgreen.gif

Sorry but W00t

*goes and redesigns Kath for Rebirth"
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudley wrote:

ShadowCore, looks like you missed something...

...Interesting way of announcing new cities, is any of those Glorins or Darks (if he is still around??)

Are there more?

Sounds like this is going to be huge

ShadowCore was referring to my "king" character's alignment, not my person alignment as a human. Besides, what fun would it be for a good king to only suport good people...then what evil would there be to oppose me and actually create some fun stuff for everyone? icon_wink.gif

About the "Cities"...how do you know those are even cities? They could be large tax districts of empty lands with random houses and maybe a small keep or two...

Oh, and yes, Rebirth is huge...more so then I think many of you can fathom at this point. Take the current Dyso and multiply the overworld area by about 50 times...that is the complete size of the overworld of Dysotopia. Cities consist of SEVERAL areas (example, downtown Eleriina is about 9 areas in itself plus the district inclused all outlying areas including several small estates and other villages)

Huge almost begins to describe it. icon_mrgreen.gif
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.....im screwed...im going to be addicted.....and im going to quiet my job...and drop out of school.....then ill kill my parents....for they are going to try and take my computer away.....

Damn you ..Geshtal, ..>Damn you...

o yes....and thanks icon_smile.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_biggrin.gif
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you guys want me to stop developing Dyso I'll be glad to do it. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'll just develop some other game you'll become addicted to. angel3.gif
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: