DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Revolt's . Armies. City control, in Rebirth
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Revolt's . Armies. City control, in Rebirth Reply with quote

Now, in my limited, and Confused Understanding it seems it *WILL*

be possible to control armies, and conquer cities, and when a server reboot/ crash happen's we can resume right off where we where

and if so, will you be willing to to put full implimational in of Revlot aginest the King ? (ic only of course)

im just getting hyped over the new world...and thinking what this data base could mean...
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me give you an advice
NEVER go against a level 120 fighter who happens to be king also and got a whole squad of deadly dragoons behind him.
i don't know if it should be possible to capture cities because it is afterall a game and what if you happend to have a city watch who is completely euro. and teh attackers are all in america seems kinda weird.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gesh is going to be working at one area at a time, i think He'll be more concerned with the minor details of the MOD rather than all the wars that will be going on, this is after all an alpha TEST.

There will be an public server running the current Test mod (3.xa)

Then there will be the Test Server for Rebirth, i think people will mainly be testing Rebirth rather than playing it, much like the Test Server for 3.xa right now, for those of you that aren't familiar with that, it is completely ooc over there and we just look for bugs or cool additions or such.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ectovult
Elder

XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that still confuses me...

There is STILL going to be a 3.xa Dysotopia? Isnt Dyso going to start over with Rebirth?

Im confused... icon_rolleyes.gif
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhm, well, If I'm correct you should see it like this:
Dyso is going to be remade TOTALLY, BUT the versions and plans will stil go on like they used too, so they're remaking Dyso, but they're putting Tradeskills in too.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ectovult
PostWed 02/19/03 4:27pm
meaning... the next release of Dyso will be already a version of Rebirth?  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.xa will be publically open for people to play in. Rebrith will be under pure Test.

think of it how it is now.

we have suse and linux running the old dysotopia lets call it 2.xa.

then we have the test server running 3.xa.

All the RP and playing goes on in suse and linux.

in the test server is mainly ooc and testing for bugs and such.

when rebirth is open for testing 3.xa will be put on Suse and Linux for people to play and RP with,

Rebirth will be put on another server, this server will not be closed testing like the current Test Server, it'll be open to everyone but they have to register their account name and all that.

Basically 3.xa will be used so you can play your characters and have fun.

Rebirth, FOR NOW, will be used for testing it out and such, because its process I can imagine will be very slow, so maybe there will only be only enough areas that will allow you to get to level 3 or 5, and then ur at a standstill.

Before Gesh was working on creating the Foundation for Dysotopia and then was palnning on adding minor details to it later on. Now he wants a different approach.

hope that clears things up.....
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... now I get it...
This was such a surprise, that many people must have gotten pretty confused... like me icon_smile.gif

Thanks for enlightening me...
Marine436
PostWed 02/19/03 5:13pm
bah...good luck trying to stop me from RPING...test server or not icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

be possible to control armies, and conquer cities, and when a server reboot/ crash happen's we can resume right off where we where

When the mod is ready for it, unless Gesh changed his mind... I guess
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aling Karrde
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so trade skills will be implemented in 3.x? I know the mechanics of the trade skills can't be explained, but is there a simple way to explain, for instance, how to forge a sword? basically how to actually USE the Craft skill for whatever trade?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Drudley
PostWed 02/19/03 11:53pm
No tradeskills in 3.x

They will come at the first sight of Rebirth

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this, I don't even have to answer most of these questions! icon_biggrin.gif

Glorin and Drudley are correct...no trades in 3.Xa...the entire system has changed (xp based with addition of database) so is not worth implementing in 3.Xa.

Live servers will run the 3.Xa that's on test after a few tweaks...it'll be there so the community can still interact and people can still suggest ideas for Rebirth.

There will be a development server running the most current Rebirth as well as a test server that'll be running the publically available version of Rebirth.

Currently after about an hour of design, the DB powering Rebirth has over 30 joined tables. For those of you that don't have a clue what that means, it just means that we're designing this things for optimization and performance...because of the volume of calls that can potentially be made to the server when 64 players are on.

We are currently working on a signup form that is web based. The process will involve you going to a website, entering in ACCURATE information and sending a request. I will then go through these "pending accounts" and verify information. If everything looks peachy I'll activate your account and you'll receive an e-mail at the address you have specified with your password to login to the Rebirth admin pages. You will then be required to login to the admin pages in order to activate your account.

This is all tenative and IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!!!

Things are looking really good. The security model for the DB is done and we'll be testing it soon. We have ways of logging every PK, death, ban, boot, etc that you can think of. (So now we can see who booted who when...a way to police the police?!) Support has been added for character deletions.

One of the coolest features of the new system is the fact that characters can now sell items while they aren't in game! You can put an item up for sale in the "OOG Market" and it'll appear on the website! Other players can browse these pages for items and if they see something they like and have enough gold in their bank account, they can make the purchase right over the web! The gold will be transferred between the character accounts and the item will be delieverd to the buyers "personal stash". Banks can also allow characters to take out loans for that sword they want to buy but just couldn't afford yet. We'll be charging interest and if you don't make your loan payments you'll have guards after you to take it out of your hide! (OK, they just take items from you and sell those to pay back your loan) This OOGame market will help the Rebirth economy thrive even more as now you can browse through what tradeskill items players have crafted and put up for sale while you're at work or in a school PC lab! One more thing to keep you addicted! icon_smile.gif

Another unique addition we are adding is the ability to put a hit out on a particular character. There will be boards around Dyso that will list characters and how much gold they are worth to someone else. As the hiring person, you basically go to the web page and choose the "put out a hit" option. You can then designate a certain amoung of gold from your bank you'd like to offer up as a reward for this person's head. This reward now appears on the "Most Wanted" listing (which is sworted by the total award amounts out on a character) both in game and on the admin pages. Any character that kills a character with a reward on their heads is immediately given the reward money for the hit. The person that put the hit out is notified that the hit was made and by whom it was made. (Also where and when) The person that is killed will also be notified that they were killed because there was a hit out on them. This will then mark the hit as successful and it will be unavailable to other characters. This will allow characters to get revenge on other characters even if they aren't in game. NOTE: A hit can be withdrawn as long as it has not yet been made. It can double as a good scare tactic as well as a good method of revenge.

As you can tell, we're putting a LOT of thought into how we want this to work. As soon as the complete database design is finished we'll begin implementing the base functions and securities into Rebirth and after that groundwork has been laid, we start official construction!

Again, we're NOT taking signups at this time. I'll make a post once we start that process. For now, just hang in there while we get things rolling on Rebirth!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and by the way...YES, there will be fortresses and other places where characters can actually claim as their own. Once you are in control of a fortress you can use your precious GOLD to hire NPC gaurds (how many you want to hire) and to construct other way of protecting it while you're out of game. Other players will be able to attack the fortress and if it cannot be defended, take it from you! You will have to be a part of an organization in order to capture something like this. There will be NO GUILD HALLS! There will be generic guild halls that must be claimed by guilds and marked as their own! Other guilds CAN kick you out if you can't manage to fortify the place. Some options will be as simple as investing in better doors that aren't easy to bash down...better locks that have higher DCs...or investing in higher level guards (they drain the guild bank account pretty quickly though) Guilds will be able to charge taxes from their members allowing them to have a constant inflow of funds from members...it is possible in Rebirth to form a very powerful guild and to take over several installations throught the lands! It's about time we added support for RP PvP wars!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

ALL HAIL GESHTAL !!!!!!!!

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

or investing in higher level guards (they drain the guild bank account pretty quickly though)

OMG white rose their guild hall is going to be inpenetrable icon_wink.gif
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking even COOLER than I expected... weirdlook.gif
Im almost having a colapse here!

Who's going to pay my medical bills?!?! icon_wink.gif
Frank -DK-
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU GUYS ARE STEALING MY LIFE! I have already lost 6 month+ to Dysotopia... icon_wink.gif

I can harly wait for Rebirth... COOL! icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif
Siao222
Master

XP
EXP: 7 / 25 EXP: 7 / 25 EXP: 7 / 25
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Yes more support for RP, more support for guilds....

Much more easier to find a job for a mercenary then to sit around the fountain in Elerina asking every passerby for jobs

Keep up the good work guys
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Guild Wars.... Why in hell's name are you FORCING guild wars? I don't get it? This is the ONE thing I don't like, It'll be nigh impossible to keep being the peaceful non-violent guild we are, unless we are small, and have NO guild hall. Damnit!!
Hmm, perhaps I might be able to arrange something with other guilds, then.

And what about the guard guilds? Will they need to claim their own halls too? I hope not, since that would be REALLY bad.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Siao222
Master

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm if those peaceful guilds just stick to a guild hall and not become rich and powerful not many people will take the trouble to bother them since its not very profitable and since its suppose to be peaceful maybe they can talk themselves out of the problem
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well, there are still some problems:

1.We are the only peaceful guild out there who will refuse to fight.

2.Talking can be very hard with some guilds, since IF they attack, they will have some kind of reason for it, and they would probably not stop.

3. How are we supposed to get a guild hall without fighting?

4. I doubt that there will be enough guild halls for everyone, so there will be constant fighting, and that will be the main reason to attack, and I doubt that peaceful guilds will be kept out of it.

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*is starting to see some serious trouble if kravenwood would atack eleriina icon_confused.gif * icon_wink.gif
Siao222
Master

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True not everyone will talk before attacking and they may not stop even if they talk. Maybe you can buy a house in Elerina and/or other cities and make it into a local guild house or something now nobody has any reason to attack your guild and if they do you can just lock the door and ignore them icon_wink.gif or get help from the city's guards.

But the fact is no organisation is going to be violence free, some may see you as a hindrance to their plan others may attack you just because you are peaceful (in IC of course)
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Heh, well, there are still some problems:

2.Talking can be very hard with some guilds, since IF they attack, they will have some kind of reason for it, and they would probably not stop.

4. I doubt that there will be enough guild halls for everyone, so there will be constant fighting, and that will be the main reason to attack, and I doubt that peaceful guilds will be kept out of it.

Correction, the KotLS is a totally non-fighting guild. And automatically has a guildhall, we'll just use the nearest library. emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be some special halls for certain organizations like the KotLS. If you're in any way shape or form a militant guild, you have to understand that you are subject to a raid just like any other guild.

This is true. There may be guilds that are lawful evil and that are determined to take over the world. If they have the funding to do that then more power to them! This is part of role playing! But trust me, when they take a fortress, they now have to pay NPC guards to guard it and they have a per game hour cost! It will take a very wealthy guild in order to support more than one fortress at a time.

Everytime I decide that a new organization that requires a guild hall is added I will make sure that there is a 1:1 ratio of guilds to guild halls. If somoene has taken over 2-3 halls, you will have no choice but to take over a fortress. Look for a weak one and strike hard! Also, make sure you have plenty of funds in your org bank account so that you can immediately fortify the place! Buy very strong doors (Hardness=60 are the best!) and good locks for them! (DC=60 are the best!) This simple purchase is a great way to keep intruders out. You also want to invest in adding a few high level NPC guards to the fortress. These guys can get expensive but will protect the place while you're out of game!

As mentined above, there will be a 1:1 ratio for guild halls to guilds (military). I expect to see fighting over these fortresses because it'll be FUN! If you want to be a peaceful guild...try to find a fortress that is out of the way (ones enar cities are convienient and will be well sought after by most guilds) or choose a smaller hall that is less attractive to these larger guilds.

ShadowCore: Ugh, Guild Wars.... Why in hell's name are you FORCING guild wars? I don't get it? This is the ONE thing I don't like, It'll be nigh impossible to keep being the peaceful non-violent guild we are, unless we are small, and have NO guild hall. Damnit!!
We aren't forcing anything...we're simply providing a means for players to interact. If everyone wants to be stupid and war all day then they can use all of their precious guild resources for that. It makes more sense to reserve your organizations funds for investment in tradeskills and other political means...I can see one very powerful guild controlling the trademarket and having a fortress that's tighter than a neculear submarine! Selling items on the web, in game, hiring people to mine for them, maxed out security on their guild hall(s) and several superior guards for their fortress. They have the option to do that...if they are peacekeepers then I'm certain some people will get sick of them and will form a guild to oppose them. It's all up to the players! If some evil guild rises to power and begins to wreak havoc across the lands then it'll be up to the players to band together to fight back against this group!

Hmm, perhaps I might be able to arrange something with other guilds, then.
Now that's what I like to see...you're already realizing the political aspects of this system. Who you piss off and who pisses you off will have a MAJOR impact on your future in Dyso: Rebirth. What I am trying to force on people is the fact that they need to THINK through their actions and be smart! Role play to the best of your ability and see where it gets you! This is going to be FUN people!
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Role play to the best of your ability and see where it gets you! This is going to be FUN people!

Hell ya it is !
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, If it IS going to be like that, are we required to fight for a guild hall too? We are in no way a militant guild, and we do NOT fight. But still, we might be considered to need to get a guild hall. I hope not, because we don't even care for money, and thus we won't care for becoming an incredibly industrial guild, and we won't have much money, and thus we won't be able to pay for security.
Ah well, we'll see.

Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...even No profit group's need money Shadow icon_smile.gif

Might have to take that a Different Direction.
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt the guards need a neutral building outside of town to fight to get

It makes sense that you have to defend you guild hall against rival guilds, otherwise you would just have and wars will as the have now, go on forever
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: