DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A note to all people creating guilds:

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: A note to all people creating guilds: Reply with quote

A first to all people wanting to form up new guilds and what not:

When creating a group make sure that the same type of group does not exist.

If it does do not make so many seperate factions that no one knows what is doing what.

What you SHOULD do is check usergroups and check if a guild of your liking is already created, if so join it.

Lastly, use the search function for a certain thing before you create a post about a guild.

This should clean up alotta the junk posts if you follow my advice on this..... it will help stop garbage from coming up everywhere and no one having a clue what it is otherwise.
Seeeing as how this place had no guidlines I figured I would post some ADVICE, not rules, as I'm not a forum admin ... icon_smile.gif
Keep it civil and keep things to private messages if at all possible.

Peace.
-Jon
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a clear and specific purpose/goal is essential. For example, the Keepers of the Long Story have a very specific goal of writing book on everything they can in Dyso. This keeps it focused, and everyone knows what they are going.

Try not to make anymore more fighting faction, we don't need new unofficial law enforcement agencies, protectors of good, yada yada. We have groups of city gaurds that can be joined and also a few other established groups.

Try to restrict your intake of new members. For example, the Order of the Shining Blade have a smaller group, and ppl have to be watched before they can enter the main group. This means you can get ppl that fit your guilds goals. Bad example is the Order of the White Rose. I bet the leader couldn't tell you all the ppl they are supposed to have.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: