DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The forgotten Elven Superiority

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kalle 2Bak
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: The forgotten Elven Superiority Reply with quote

Hi! My name is TelperiŽn Celebrindal, and i speak on behalf of my brother HarwŽ I Nolmo as well on this matter...
I know that many people doesn't like the idea of racial restricted guild, but i do not agree with them. As an elf i often find myself depressed and moody, i am pretty sure that this comes from lack of relations with my elven brothers and siters, and to much contact with the other races. I am not saying that i don't like the humans, or the dwarves for that matter, they can be quite amusing from time to time... What i mean is, that i think it would benefit all elves to have a common foothold, a kind of guild where we can meet and talk freely of matters concerning our fair race. Not a guild meant to rage wars against the others, but as a fellowship of elves looking out for each other, enjoying the compnionship of like minded.
We musn't allow ourselves to become strangers to our own nature. Hence we must be able to get away from all the stupidity that the other races so often display. Please do not be offended, i am not a racist, i am simply trying to help our selves not to forget the superiority of the elven race, fairest and wisest of all!

-I saila Heru tira I LiŽ Eldaron-
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently you ARE a racist, since you make a distinction in wiseness and fairness between the races. And I certainly disagree with you, I have seen many other races who are wiser or look fairer than elves.
Now, I like the idea of you making a place for the elves to come together, since there are always things that other races cannot understand, but I do not like the distinction you make between the elves and the other races. You may have good intentions, but I would appreciate it if you came to see that everybody is equal, even though everyone is unique.

/Shadow Randor

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalle 2Bak
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Racist or Realist? Reply with quote

I have to say, I disagree with you... it is a very nice statement though; everybody being equal and so on, but we cannot ignore the facts: How many times have the humans not raged wars that threatened their intire existence. As for the fairness, most humans agree with me when i say that elves are fairest...
Now don't get me wrong i happen to have many very close friends that are not of the elven herritage and their friendship is precious to me.
Maybe you think of me as being very arogant, and maybe it has at least some degree of truth in it. After all I am almost 400 years old, and after so many years it is easy to let one become this way. I hope that you, and others as well can forgive me for being this way.
I have my reasons for being distrustfull of the humans. As for the dwarves, i haven't had much contact with them up until resently, and my firsthand impression of them in general is not all that good, their greed is, for the majority of them, to great for my taste.

I Heru Tira I LiŽ Eldaron
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that you are generalizing, and generalizing is never a good thing. Sure, humans have waged wars that have threatened their existence, but so have the elves. The Drow are a seperation from the elves themselves, and I might generalize myself here, but they are probably one of the most evil people in existence. And you might think that elves look good, but I have found myself admiring a human lass much more often than an elven. You do not seem to be arrogant, but you do seem to hold your race in a higher esteem than other races, and you fail to see the shortcomings of your own race, and you only see the bad things about other races.

/Shadow Randor

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically speaking ... at least insofar as the Forgotten Realms as well as Greyhawk before it ... elves have always been portrayed with an appropriate degree of aloofness and "superiority complex." It's not so much that they are racist (though some surely are), but when you live for hundreds and hundreds of years and have the rich and extensive culture that Elves do ... you tend to think yourself at least a bit better than these other races that breed like rats and don't live very long.

Humans are like big walking short-lived vermin that breed too quickly and are too prone to violence.
Dwarves, while nominally more appealing in some respects, are rock-eating fatmen that smell bad.
Gnomes aren't too bad, they are creative enough, but act in bizarre manners and have bizarre fascinations with things they ought not to.
Halflings are furry-footed kleptomaniacs who, while pleasant enough, cannot be trusted near anything of value.
Half-Elves are half-breeds ... need more be said? And Half Orcs? Oh the horror!
Glorin
PostFri 02/28/03 11:19pm
conrad's a racist racial profiler, BURN THE BEAST!  Reply with quote

kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad has done his home work as Elfs can be supierior to some but there not always supieior. You have the elfs who live inside there society who take what they nned from they land skilled in craftmanship and have more keen sense than that of a human army. They dont all live in the woods and craft things some are adventures taking what they can when they leave seeking for something better and stronger to take on they use there intelect and there great fighting abilities.
Humans as most seem foolish to are a uniquie race they find there abilitie to do certain things outstanding and there ego is to high to match there intelegance.
the Dwarves are strong skilled in mining always looking for fights and never take disrespect kindly.
The half-elfs bron of part humans part elf, neither of there birthing race accpet them neither of them care finding them different from themselves so they are outcasted in there owns backrounds and cultures.
halforcs nedless to say are strong but there lack of intelect is a strong weakness for them, often used as bruoght fighters arent always the best at times.

Tempest Steel
View users profile Send private message Send email
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kentals a racial profiler too

i judge people by the size of their package and ego, which i think is a nice an equal way to judge people.

the bigger the ego the smaller the package, we learned that from Rumanos.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, see the lich lord is at it again, checking out peoples packages!!!! I may be a dancing zombie with shiny pants but at least I don't judge a book by its...uh package?
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently Kental's a half orc, by his own description... maybe with the strength of a small folk...

not only that, but he was able to put the stat mods into words!!! yay?
†††het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
†††mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
†††kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

apparently Kental's a half orc, by his own description... maybe with the strength of a small folk...

not only that, but he was able to put the stat mods into words!!! yay?

ROFL
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: