DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Write your life story!

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Write your life story! Reply with quote

Attention Dysotopians!

The Keepers of the Long Story are now accepting written life stories and family histories from the residents of Dysotopia. If you would like to write your life story, or the history of your family line, we will have it published in book form and added to the Eleriina West Library - at no cost to you!

----
OOC:
Please submit your stories via PM to myself (Foozbane). I will convert them to book format for you. Include your player name, character name(s) or family name, and the title you'd like your book to have (may or may not be used). All submitted stories must be PG-rated, and please run your stories through a spellchecker before submitting.

We will only accept:

- Stories written in English.
- Stories which meet a basic level of spelling and grammatical correctness.
- Maximum of *3* stories (books) per player (can be family stories or individual biographies) -- if you want to combine several stories into one book then it only counts as one
- Once you submit your story, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE IT CHANGED OR REMOVED. So please make sure you will be able to live with the story for a while before you submit it! An opportunity to revise your stories will be offered at a later time (probably 3+ months real time).
- All submitted stories are subject to being edited for readability, and the KotLS reserves the right to reject any stories as they see fit.
----

This is a free service offered to all Dysotopians by the Keepers of the Long Story.

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
View users profile Send private message Send email
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathryn (KotLS Leader):

This is part of our on-going aim to bring the knowledge to all of Dysotopia and perserve its history.
There will always be monsters to kill and lott to plunder. But when all is said and done, its the ppl of Dysotopia that make the island what it is.

OoC:

Yeah like Fooz said, try to limit your number of books. Write your whole life story up until now and me or Fooz will format it for you and place it in the library. Hopefull we'll have a vendor specific to these book is the future.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is very nice. I will be sure to submit my life story to you, so it can be published there. Perhaps some might even see what the Order is all about, since it's an intricate part of my life.

OOC: Coming right up!

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uin
PostTue 03/04/03 12:29pm
OoC: We're gonna do guild profiles/interviews. I've got one that should have been done a while ago.  Reply with quote

Snares
PostTue 03/04/03 2:49pm
I suppose I'll be spending more time in the Eleriina West Library now... Would really like to see the collection of books grow.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostWed 03/05/03 7:22pm
Ohh O_o I really like this idea!  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostFri 03/21/03 12:56pm
Very nice, unfortunately i'll have to be rather secretive about Falkhor's background but i will endeavour to write up my public history.  Reply with quote

Snares
PostFri 03/21/03 7:10pm
The library hasn't updated itself yet though. Wonder how many stories have been written and collected thus far?  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt

- Black Shadow

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: