DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

OOC no one plays their HC char !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The High Council (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: OOC no one plays their HC char ! Reply with quote

IM just as gulity of this to, but the only one whom ive seen on as their char recently, is Karise

I have been playing RUmanos

and Ecrollet sick (but playing your other char)

marlakam has a reason, But Nei is on Break...

Non the less, we all have Execuse's but this is falling apart

After the Wipe we need to AGREE that this is going to be are MAIN char we build first. !!!!
Marcabru
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 9 / 13 EXP: 9 / 13 EXP: 9 / 13
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Actually, I have a problem with the whole RP thing as it has been happening in Dyso recently. My first problem was with the soul-owning piece, which I found arbitrary and whimsical, and, to that extent, not fun enough for me to get involved. Then, it happened again, this time in the Cora/Nel/Rumanos/Marcus vampire affair. After a few minutes, I was really bored with the whole piece, seeing it as nothing more than a little arbitrary and whimsical one-player game whose main rules and motivation revolved around marine's characters, mainly for one player's amusement. That's why I decided not to participate anymore in that piece either, nor to make any replies to Nel's report. I know your intentions are the best, Marine (or, at least, are good), but I don't find any fun in being driven at one or two player's whims throughout an RP piece whose RP goal and basic rules (aside for you to have fun) are obscure to me. To me, something critical is missing from your attempts at RP, marine. I don't see any other point than your own amusement, Marine. You decide the rules, you decide the plot, you decide who is involved and who is not. My question is, well, who are you to dictate all those things? I simply do not see you as an RP authority within Dysotopia (let alone AD&D). I'm sure you want all the involved to have fun as well, but it's just not doing it for me. I need some structure, some rules, some sense that I am participating in something that goes beyond the whims of someone without any official validity within the scenario, mod, or game in question. That is to say, I need some authority to guide me through the process, and, to me, authority does not come so easily. In the case of baseball, for instance, one has a series of official entities and authorities that give some legitimacy to the game. In the case of AD&D, I prefer to be involved in DM plots, for the DM is the only part I recognize as the authority in that game that gives it legitimacy. To be sure, Dyso's DMs severely lack RP abilities in that particular respect (note the official term is 'DM event', not 'DM plot'). I have been trying out the Menzoberranzan server, and it's much better in that respect. The DMs there have plots, and they even ask one if one would like to be involved in them. And their experience as DMs really shows. At least the plot in which I am currently involved is far more involving, complex, surprising, and ultimately fun. The soul-owning and the vampire bits I found way too predictable, simplistic, and whimsical.

Marcabru
View users profile Send private message
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: What the hell are you talking about....

1. you were NOT involved in any sense in Rumanos soul spot....

2. Nel's \cora\marcus their was NO soul involved at all, marcus got a little mis informed, Nel is fine now....

3. i dont make the rules...i run with it, NOTHING i have done has been preset.....

sheesh....
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree explicitly with that last part of your post Marcabru, being why I play Nei much less now. It is endless frusteration and just not worth the time playing. I have much less fun playing Nei now, than before the council. The Council I thought was a good idea, but it would need some sort of DM support since we are a justice organization. But we cannot get it until we prove ourselves which is nearly impossible. I also do not like so much Council members bringing their own cases forward. These past couple of weeks have shown me what a friend told me long ago, but I was having too much fun to see it. I have begun to grow weary of the server, and honestly I don't know if I even want to bring Nei back for the next server. I'm sure I will just to check it out, but I'm pretty down on Dyso right now. I'm sorry all, this was a great idea, but it has little to no player support, and not much DM support. Actually I've seen very little DM/Mod support for much of anything, and it pisses me off a lot. This server has an incredible community which I think is probably the only thing going for it. If it doesn't get better with the wipe and I cannot find a server worth my time, I'll probably just call it quits on NWN. It has been fun all, hopefully the wipe will clear up my problems but I am not as optimistic as I once was.

- Mongol_War_Machine
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* honestly ive been considering leaveing this server as well, my only problem is finding a New server.

i have hopes for the wipe though, they are dwendling...

we have many players out their with dreams and such, but Bri and gesh (the good people they are) dont seem to want to trust anyone but them self's
Marcabru
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 9 / 13 EXP: 9 / 13 EXP: 9 / 13
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine,

You either have a reading, writing, language, logic, and/or deeper intellectual problem, because you didn't get a single word of what I wrote. I'm going to try this one more time, for obviously you need things really spelled out for you. Ok, so, here it goes again... Please, try to read more carefully.

1. I didn't say I was involved in the soul Rumanos/West/Chelsha bit. Please, cite exactly the part of my message where I EXPLICITLY say the contrary. I only said I found the piece arbitrary and whimsical. I need not be involved in it to say that about it. GET IT NOW???

2. I didn't say the Nel/rumanos/cora/marcus/vampire piece involved any soul-owning idea (please, once again, cite the part of my message where I explicitly say the contrary). However, I WAS involved in that one, and believe me, did my best. But, again, I wasn't convinced by it. Hence, my ignoring your HC post on that.

3. In general, I don't recognize you as an RP authority (not even as a reasonably good RPer, for that matter) within Dysotopia. Hence, I care not about whatever RP bit you try to do. I care not whether or not Nel is fine, Marine. I care not about Rumanos intentions or nature. I care not about the children you play. GET IT NOW?? Again, I find your RPing insipid, whimsical, obvious, predictable, simplistic, random, silly, superficial, arbitrary, pointless, frustrating, and ULTIMATELY BOOOORING!!!

Marcabru
View users profile Send private message
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ok...ya i get it now your flameing me in the high court, well at least i freaking try, and you ingore my chars for OOC reason...is poor RP with in it's self.....

you just more or less insulted me, the point of me Point out the fact you where not involved in the first one means you really should shut up and leave it alone, you have no say in it, and it has little/no Effect on you ! so back the hell off ok ?

the 2nd thing, im sorry you didnt have fun, and it's rather funny you say you didnt have fun with Nel/Cora biteing her thing, Marcus, and hurin both said they had fun,

I cant please everybody, I am not a DM i dont set the Rules, i freaking Run with it...... if it's fun i do it....im not forceing you to do anything....

Yes, i do have a learning problem in English (not reading)

But reguardless at least i always show some damn Respect marlakalm and me have had alot of IC fights (fun) and some small OOC bickering but it was always polite and we respect (i think anyways) eachother

you on the other hand are just being a ASS so please

F*ck Off
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Holy Shit Christ, I left the flaming part out of my reply earlier hoping that it would go away. What is with this? You two play totally differently. Admittingly I'd like to see Marine play a somewhat serious character, but that doesn't mean that he is a terrible role-player. I this petty bickering and shit is a big part of what is driving me away as a character. I had big plans for that soul thing, but then everybody pissed me off so much in that and other events that I quit playing for a week. And we all would have had something to play out of it too, for I wanted to purchase Rumanos's soul with Nei and have him stand trial so we could put him away. It was not planned between Marine and myself, infact he probably would not have liked having his character done away with, but I am 99% sure that he would have played and gone along with our sentence which I feel should have been banishment form the island. But constant bitching about everything has totally turned me off to this server. It's not all the players fault and it's not all the DM's fault I think more of the blame lays with the DMs/Mods but that does not matter. Damn it I just got way off topic.

Anyhow, lets lay off the personal attacks both of you. Some people just play differently than others, we're all of different education levels, backgrounds, and nationalities. A little tolerance goes a long way expecially in role-playing over the internet like this. Everybody has a different style either adapt and accomadate, or avoid. It makes it far more difficult since you're both in the same guild, and to be honest I enjoy playing with both of you. In fact everybody in this guild has been fun to play with. Well, that's just my little peice. But please cut the fighting it's childish.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Nei.
These fights lead us to nowhere... we all have our own ideas and points of view... we just need to accept each other's ideas...

As for this thread... it's true... most of us arent playing our HC chars... I am also experimenting some new chars before the wipe.
It's normal... and like Conrad said, this "pre-wipe period" is bringing too much chaos... there are too many smart asses that want to show off before their chars go away... so its really out of our hands...
If we try to do anything, we'll only make fools of ourselves.

I suggest we continue our diplomatic activity here in the forums, and in the game, when possible... but we will only be getting back to work after the wipe... only then we will have conditions to do anything... right now, people are just screwing around, with no RP at all... so, no fun... icon_rolleyes.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The High Council (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: