DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Removing Item Level Restrictions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Do you like the item level restriction ideas presented?
Yes, I think it'll add a lot to gameplay.
64%
 64%  [ 35 ]
No, leave things the way they are.
22%
 22%  [ 12 ]
I don't care, I'll play no matter what you change.
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 54

Malakalam
PostSun 03/09/03 7:22pm
How do we know if we can use a weapon before we buy it?  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that they already said it.
There will be a testing ground near every shop so you can try out your weapon.
And the level notifications apparently can't be removed, so they'll just be there as well, so you'll be able to see if you can use it properly or not. Ofcourse, you could still try to use a powerful item, but something might go wrong icon_biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prob is, if I try wielding my new greatsword of whoopass, and I just spend like 500k on it, and threw in some adamantite too, I do not want to discover that it is just too dangerous for me to wield, so maybe add some kind of level check for the item.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermm, as I said, the level notifications will stay on the weapon, so you'll know if you can use it or not. So no problem there. icon_wink.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AliC1
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said about dummys in shops to test weapons, would it not be easier to be able to cheak if you can use a weapon before you are forced to buy it.
Just an idea, but i could see it beeing very annoying spending a pill of gold on something only to find you cant use it.
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Quote:

You people are interprating the weapon as being equal in all respects...as if a greatsword is the same as a flaming greatsword +5...which is somewhat true but magical enchantments DO require experience and knowledge of their weilder to operate correctly. Think of it as the difference between someone firing a bolt action rifle, and then going to fire a thirty o8. Sure, the concept uis the same...you aim and pull the trigger...except that the 30o8 would knock someone down because it kicks a LOT more. It's similar with weapons...a sword may be weilded in a certain way and you may pick up some +5 weapon and it's also weilded int he same way, but the way the weapon REACTS to you weilding can be a lot different...imagine a sword that cuts through things like a knife through butter...you wind up to whack this guy when only a small amount of effort is required and you slice through him but now you're faced wityh a weapon that has a lot of momentum and you didn't account for that! You're thrown off balance and find yourself on the ground and the sword 6 feet away.

In case you didn't notice, that's exactly what I said.

And that stuff is coming up, I can do the other classes as well.

shadow, stop taking credit for gesh's ideas.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
AliC1
PostMon 03/10/03 10:58pm
opps sorry
that last reply was from Romulus II (wrong account)

Ectovult
PostMon 03/10/03 10:58pm
LOL Glorin doesnt miss a chance to spam a little more icon_razz.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 03/10/03 11:00pm
He ain't the king for nothing, you silly old twat. icon_mad.gif

Tjena

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ectovult lets stay on topic here, ok?

I think that Maelstrom and Gesh have pretty much summed up this topic, lets give it a rest guys. king.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, from now on, stay *on topic*. No need for any pointless spamming anymore. icon_mad.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i have a question, you mentioned before about these "VERY rare" items and suCh, you go to tha mages plaCe, do his Quest and piCk out a item from his ColeCtion of 16...so if you were to take tha Super sword of kicc muCh ass, from that point on would you be tha ONLY one that would ever have that sword, or would somebody else be able to pick it out of tha 16 later on????

think.....GOooLD!!!!!!! icon_razz.gif
Marine436
PostTue 03/11/03 3:01am
only one who would ever own it. (if im understand gesh right)  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Gesh, you have told us alot about how the weapons will be, and a lil bit aobut heavy armors(?)

How will the high level boots/rings/amulets/bracers/cloaks/helm work?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AliZee'
PostTue 03/11/03 8:23pm
i think you should lower tha lvl restriction on haste boots...to like 5 or 6 maybe? especially if your gonna make big areas and have alot of um.  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostTue 03/11/03 8:49pm
I think ya should remove haste from items, like immunities icon_twisted.gif  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem I see if that only one copy of a weapon thing happens is what happen if that character leaves or stops playing....that weapon is gone. All it will take is one of two people who play too much to team up with a couple of these super rare things and no one else will stand a chance ever heh. While allowing everyone to get them is stupid only allowing on or two people to would work out just as bad in the end.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think that Gesh has already stated that if there's a person, or in this case, Scorp, persons, that are upsetting the populace of Dyso, it will be possible for the people to band together and knock 'em down a few pegs. One reason why Disarm shouldn't be done away with! icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorp57 wrote:
Problem I see if that only one copy of a weapon thing happens is what happen if that character leaves or stops playing....that weapon is gone. All it will take is one of two people who play too much to team up with a couple of these super rare things and no one else will stand a chance ever heh. While allowing everyone to get them is stupid only allowing on or two people to would work out just as bad in the end.

Yes, the weapon would cease to exist. If a player is "deleted" then all of their equipment is recycled back into the economy. Otherwise the weapon would stop existing any ou would have to wait for an item reset to take place which will be a rare occurance.

As far as two people getting everything...can't happen. "I see you are already carrying an item of epic scale...I would be willing to...trade you for it" and then they swap out their level 23 armor for a level 25 set. the levle 23 stuff becomes available once again.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, sounds ok if it can be done, I was running into the same issue when I was thinking up unique artifacts. I mean these are one of a kind items but if players leave the item would be gone if it was unique. What is suggested here sounds interesting though. Except for one minor thing that nags me. Every time the server restarts all players are doing is run off for the bestest toughest items. Which in this case would be the unique items. How do you prevent the items being taken the very first time the server starts, rendering the entire quest useless from that point on?

I mean: take a cave filled with monsters, tough as hell, elaborate hallways to wander through to eventually grab the artifact sword.
The server starts, 3 players team up, manage to grab the sword and poof the entire area is rendered useless from that point on because why would anyone ever bother getting back in there to find a sword that will never ever be there again after the first party finishes the quest?
I read through the topic real fast so i might have missed the obvious answer to my question.
Geshtal
PostSun 03/16/03 2:50am
Read the topic again... icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Geshtal
PostSun 03/16/03 2:51am
Oh, and welcome back! You were missed!  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falknor, this is a Data based version of Dyso

If gesh wants ONE item, of a kind, tehir is onyl one item

The server Resets, the world goes to the data base, the server loads, world comes back up.

In short : The world *NEVER* resets
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 weeks...too many posts to trace back all the topics...mind can't take it... sensory overload...brain melting...too many great ideas...too many posts to read up on...can't bird take the car to granma...the heaving of many winters grabs straws of cabage down my planet...

And thanks Gesh, we need to talk more icon_wink.gif
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: