DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need Help with Bard Song

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Need Help with Bard Song Reply with quote

Okay, my Bard just gained Level 11, and his Perform is 20 - and that's with a completely unbuffed Charisma. According to the NWN Manual, at level 11 with a Perform of only 18 my Bard Song should now also grant a +2 Dodge AC Bonus. However, I do not seem to get that bonus when I sing! What gives? That's about the best part of the Song, especially seeing how at level 16 it's a total of +5!

I've also noticed that the "Damage" bonus the Song gives appears to be specifically bludgeoning damage. In the manual it looks like just a plain Damage bonus. Does this only apply to bludgeoning weapons? Or does it add a bludgeoning damage bonus to *any* weapon (so even my crossbow would do +2 bludgeoning).

Seems like it would be nice to get a more complete and especially _accurate_ list of what Bard Songs do at different character/perform levels.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Ecusidor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, if the manual says u get that bonus... u should get that bonus.

Either your char or the manual is flawed. I would check both your char ingame and the manual again, make sure you really dont get that dodge bonus... (U sounded unsure)

Weird...

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodge bonus = extra AC, in case you were unsure about - it stacks with all other dodge as well (including the dodge from haste)

from what I've seen, bard song adds bludgeon to any weapon. you can always go buy a 1gp dagger or something to test it though
Jase
PostWed 03/12/03 5:41pm
the manual IS FLAWED. It says Druids get Greater Restoration and they DON'T! It's annoying. I don't play Bards though, ask Uin  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the manual to be OK with bard song. And ingame it does state +2 dodge AC at lvl 11 (with 18 perform).

However, at lvl 16 (and 26 perform) you definitely get all the bonuses the manual states. So not much need to worry.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostWed 03/12/03 10:56pm
Thanks, Uin. Good to have the reassurance!

"Rockin' and rollin' and whatnot...."

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-HAH! Just figured it out! Once I advanced to Level 12, the +2 to AC (and also +1 to all Skills) that was *supposed* to happen on Level 11 finally kicked in. I know it had to do with that and not my Perform being too low, because I took off all my items except for Greater Gloves of the Minstrel, so my Perform was actually higher at level 11 than it is currently (I'm 13 now).

So I'm surprised that no one has pointed this out to BioWare yet, or if they have, that it hasn't been fixed. I mean, even if they leave it alone and make it so you have to be level 12, you'd think they'd change the one line of code in the game so that when you do an Examine and your Bard Song (if it's in a Quickslot) that it would say this doesn't work until Level 12 instead of 11.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: