DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Guild Items...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Guild Items... Reply with quote

OK Guild people...I realize that there are a lot of you people out there that have formed groups and guilds on your own. It's about time you were rewarded for your efforts. I am planning on making one special guild item that goes along with the theme of your guild. These items will be unstealable and only obtainable by the leaders of the guilds who will also have the power to remove these items from your person.

Anyway, what I'm thinking is an item that reflects what your guild represents...it will have some special power that members can use once per game day (24 game hours) so it can be fairly powerful in comparison to what's typically available. Use your imaginations...make up things that you think I won't be able to do if you want, I don't care...it's your guild's item and proof of membership and it will identify you from other guilds and non-guild members. If you're a guild that helps others you may want your special guild item to do something to aid others...or if you are a thieves guild you may want an item that analyzes a target and gives you a report on how wealthy they are and also how much of a challange they would be to pick/assassinate...? (I think this is an awesome feature for thieves).

NOTE: This will not be implemented soon soon but I want to get some ideas flowing so that I can start thinking about some things we can do...

So, start posting in your guild forums and gather ideas from your creative members and let's start implementing some of these minor guild bonuses to help get the community more involved in guilds and groups! All guilds are welcome...and I consider a guild with at least 10-15 ACTIVE members...examples that I have seen are the League of Shadows, unnamed Mages guild, Order of the Shining Blade, etc....I know there are other guilds that exist out there so start to make a name for yourselves! You'll be expected to prove to me in game that you exist before I spend hours of time coding up special items for you?

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Nefiorim
PostMon 09/30/02 2:52pm
Well Gesh... I think (for the rogues guild) I go along with your option icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Zedium
PostMon 09/30/02 4:45pm
hmm, it is nice indeed, but doesn't that incourage theft in general?  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the LoS item: perhaps something which does the following --

Either,
- Grants improved invisibility
- Temporary bonuses to the thieving skills

Or, if used on another player,
- Lets the user see a few of the more powerful items in a chosen victim's backpack (as a text list of item names), and also informs the item's user of the presence of any Orbs of Pain.

Thoughts?

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I had the idea of a shadow transformation, yoru character becomes a black version of itself (not the shadow fiend model preferable, but just the character with a black skin), all rogue skills get raised with 5 or so, but in exchange AC gets lowered as long as the transform lasts.

another fun idea would be a shapechange that allows you to change into an exact copy of your opponent for spying duties, so you get all his powers etc, but once you get hit in combat yoru change back to yourself, but that is probably to unrogue...
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zedium wrote:
hmm, it is nice indeed, but doesn't that incourage theft in general?

It does in fact encourage more CAREFUL theft...the challange rating on an opponent would be given to the thief based upon the victim's spot skill and the number of orbs they were carrying...it would be a very broad classification but if a thief looks at someone and sees a rating of "very difficult" then they know that they are gonna grab an orb or get caught in the process of stealing...this will cause thieves to pick on less prepared victims who are usually lower level and don't have anything worth taking anyway. icon_wink.gif All in all I think it'll improve the ability of thieves to role play and also give peope a change to look threatening to thieves...

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, for the parry set since is kinda blessed by Akadi, it give a temporary extra atk per round. I'd say add an extra high armour to the set and put it on that. Need to make a guild first. *sigh*
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 09/30/02 7:56pm
lol kairo......gesh just put his items in before his head explodes lol  Reply with quote

Ugluk
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the unnamed mage's guild is in such a good shape at the moment.
I also bet that doodish instincts will revive it just long enough to try to obtain an item.
View users profile Send private message
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they will have to PROVE that they are worth of my time...such as the LoS has already done through normal day to day gameplay...they are organized...active in the communities, etc...and when other players talk about them you know they're presence is real.

They are the only guild that has been really operating normally. So as a reward for their efforts they will receive this special guild item of their choice whenever I have time to implement it and they have time to work with me on it's creation.

Gesh
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second though, I don't want the Parry set to be part of a guild, they've got an alignment restriction of neutral (LN, CN, TN, EN, GN) that should be enough to keep the numbers down.

All that need done is to hide it in the Lost Woods somewhere. *hint Gesh, hint*

If they end up having a guild sized following, which I doubt, then maybe a guild later, but right now, nah.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not hide it someplace you can't even get to yet? Like further west of kravenwood? Or maybe along the southern shores of Dyso? There are about 200+ areas you can't explore at this time so I have plenty of places I can hide it at! icon_wink.gif

Gesh
Glorin
PostMon 09/30/02 10:25pm
w00t, gesh see my PM for properties on a scythe to be makeable by Tradeskilling powers or whatever...  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But thats just cheating, or cruel, or maniacal, whichever fits.

I suggest the Lost Woods because its my favorite place in Dyso right now.
Geshtal
PostThu 10/03/02 3:04pm
No one else has any input on this?

Gesh

XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Order of the Shining Blade is currently discussing this topic and will probably post here when we have come to a conclusion. So dont give up on the idea yet Gesh. icon_smile.gif
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! It's jsut been a quiet thread so I was wondering if anyone was still out there. icon_wink.gif

Gesh
Akar
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 4 / 13 EXP: 4 / 13 EXP: 4 / 13
 30%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: a signet ring Reply with quote

Signet ring for the OSB, a item like mark of shadow for the LOS, a wand for the Mage guild, ect...

something that will act like a skull. It might give a small bonus or somthing but nothing major. It is just to be used to id who is in a guild.

RIP - Lt. Cmdr - Order of the Shining Blades
---Justice is sometimes at the edge of a blade---
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's probably a little premature to give out specialty guild items to anybody but LoS yet. LoS is really the only well established guild in the game. The other guilds, while coming along nicely, aren't really established yet -- their membership rosters have not really stabilized.

My opinion: guild items should only be given when it is apparent that a guild is well established; its upper-ranking membership has stabilized; and they have basically produced a palpable presence in the game that has lasted at least a couple of months.

I think the Order of the Shining Blade, Order of White Rose, and Mage's Guild are all getting to this point, but they're not there yet. I'm sure everyone will agree that LoS has gotten to this point -- the League of Shadows has become an integral part of the world of Dysotopia.

Fooz
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea cuz the LoS has been around since Local Vault. I remember the days when all of a sudden 5 halflings wuld pop up out of no where in the pit, then pickpocket and run past a traps and people woulf chase after them, step onto the traps and then be attaked and pped by the halflings again. It was quite funny.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Zedium
PostThu 10/03/02 7:51pm
hehe, those were the days,
anyone remember these?
"PIT GARAGE SALE!"
or
"ROGUES UNITE!"

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have a very interesting point to make about the LoS...way back when Bri and I first got our hands on NWN he was a thief through and through...and he was asking about guilds and such...well, I was browsing through the Bioware forums and I came across a post about a thieves guild...I sent the link to Bri and nothing was thought about it too much. Well, that post was actually for what came to be known as the LoS!!! Believe it or not! I think it was a very stange coincidence and it still makes me feel weird when I think about it...I told Bri to join a guild before they existed and now they exist inside of our world!!!

Just thought I'd share that with you all....you can see that the LoS has been in planning for some time now.

Gesh
Falkhor
PostThu 10/03/02 9:04pm
icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Foozbane
PostThu 10/03/02 9:34pm
Geshtal - I don't suppose you could send me that link if you still have it around -- for the History?

Fooz

Glorin
PostThu 10/03/02 9:43pm
u go falkhor! u go girl! hes the pimp of the world now!  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
yea cuz the LoS has been around since Local Vault. I remember the days when all of a sudden 5 halflings wuld pop up out of no where in the pit, then pickpocket and run past a traps and people woulf chase after them, step onto the traps and then be attaked and pped by the halflings again. It was quite funny.

Then I'd use Kairo and use a sniper bow to headshot them all from the platform. icon_twisted.gif
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foozbane wrote:
Geshtal - I don't suppose you could send me that link if you still have it around -- for the History?

Fooz

I don't think I do...if anyone has it Bri may still have it in his bioware inbox...I'll ask him tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

Gesh
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been kicking it around in the private forum and I like this for the Order of the WhiteRose.

Pager device distrubted by an NPC in Elrina. This gets it to the people we are trying to help, the public, not a select few friends. Our friends know us and know how to use tell to get help.

Basic config of the pager:

It would be a small white rose. When activated it, anyone with the receptor on recives maybe a message like "Laz WhiteRose has requested your help, he is in Elrina Valley"

Basic config for the receptor:
Name: Boots (or Cloak) of the WhiteRose
Level Required: 11
Haste (Get you there fast)
Improved Stone Skin once a day (Get you there safe)
If that is not possible then maybe an AC bonus of some type

You could use the boots to examine character and see if they had a receptor.

You could destroy the receptor and it would turn into the orb of pain. This would be an extreme course of action to take. Only would this be allowed if the person used the device to ambush someone of the Order. Or refuse to surrender the device when asked.

If a member was caught abusing this feature Geesh said on the post that the guild leader would be able to retrieve/destroy the guild devices given. In this case I would be able to turn the members into an orb of pain, and the member would not recieve another without serious ammends. And possible face a guild trial for violation of guild tenets.

Who Me?
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The level requirements on these items will be ZERO. I'll make the special function automatically cast whatever spells/effects agreed upon with no level requirements...

The items will only be available to those in your group...if one is stolen it will self destruct...if it is dropped it will self destruct...only the leader may barter the items.

Gesh
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My general feeling on the guild item is that it shouldn't be something that's equippable ... should be something more like the bringer of life or the seeds ... has powers you can use, but you don't wear it. Just goes in your quickslots.

Maybe I am not thinking in grand terms for these things, but honestly I was thinking more along the lines of a gem/token item that awarded a big boost to discipline, concentration, and saving throws for the OSB group. Like +20 for the first two and a +4 for the latter. Three options off the radial menu on the item, duration of a few turns and each with a couple of charges usable during a game day.

Laz's idea seems so much more sophisticated. icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: