DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Guild Items...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the OSB I plan on actually making your item a Cerimonial Shining Blade that you can use...it cannot be equipped and has a unique power that you can use on yourself and possible others....this item will allow you to perform your guild's special effect and will probably be based upon level so the higher your level the better the effect....this way the items grow with the members.

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The league of Shadows have discussed a guild item and came up with two interesting items, both of which would be usefull to all our members.
The preference seems to go to the Shadowgate. For details see our guild forum Gesh.
View users profile Send private message
laz
PostMon 10/07/02 6:57pm
Actually the idea oigniated with Foozbane and I expanded on it a little.  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be neat to see an item for the Mage's Guild which, when several members of the Guild located near to each other used the item simultaneously (within 15 seconds of the first one using it or something), they would cast a "group spell". The spell would basically abuse all hostiles within a certain radius severely. And the power of the spell would be based on the combined caster levels of all those who invoked the item together.

It would be even cooler if they could choose between casting an offensive group spell, or a groupwide buffing effect of some kind.

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Zedium
PostMon 10/07/02 8:18pm
fooz, are you familiar with the epic dragonstorm spell? it basicly requires 3 high level mages to summon several ancient dragons...  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty cool, and altogether too powerful for Dysotopia also icon_wink.gif That's the kind of thing I'm thinking about though.

This actually might be something that would be better done in a set of generally available items later on, rather than a guild specific item .. because there may be quite a few different kinds of group spells which would be a lot of fun to have.

Fooz
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gesh ... sounds good ... the only other idea that came to mind for a "power" was like an unlimited cure light wounds or some such. Whatever you think is appropriate, I think the OSB is in general agreement to go with the flow on your wisdom on such matters. I think the main consensus with the bulk of us is that the "power(s)" have both healing/defensive capabilities as well as perhaps some offensive application (tho not necessarily of an attack bonus variety).
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the order of the Shining blade...Wait, wait I got it, the ability to cast Light Spells that light up the entire mod!
Maybe something with the Searing Light spell would be appropriate.
Some natural Turn Undead capability (which would probably make them sworn enemies of Glorin lol).
In fact since those lines have already been drawn once, it could be fun if the Order of the Shining Blade became the antithesis of the League of Shadows. One skulking in the shadows, the other walking in the light. One ruling the night. I would love to have a powerfull archenemy...well ok I'll settle for any archenemy EVEN the Order of the Shining Blade.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is the OSB isn't necessarily the antithesis of the LoS, as the OSB isn't necessarily "anti-rogue." The OSB is more of a reactionary organization in that it moves on that which is happening or it sees but isn't overly proactive in looking for "possible problems." The LoS, which operates via stealth primarily, would quite effectively operate without the OSB paying much attention, unless some LoS member screwed up and was caught redhanded out in the open. Otherwise, the only big scenario I could see where the OSB would make a concerted effort against the LoS would be if the LoS was found to be involved in a plot that threatened the stability of the region and/or the common good for all citizens. Well, I suppose there's a second possibility ... that being some sitting recognized nobility/government approaching the OSB to take some action on their behalf.

All of which may sound somewhat convoluted, I suppose, but it's set up that way so that the OSB isn't just some bunch of heavies running around swatting rogues and/or "evil" characters for no good reason other than the fact that they're a rogue or they're evil.
Glorin
PostTue 10/08/02 10:43pm
falkhor, red tells me the guild u've been warring has actually been the Order of the White Rose for the most part.....heh  Reply with quote

asterith
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's what I've heard. Laz and his allies are the Order of the White Rose. Conrad and his allies are the Order of the Shining Blade. I've heard more about Laz having run-ins with LoS.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those two guilds will be so much easier to keep apart when we finally get guild items and possibly uniforms...
Anyway far as i understood the confusion ended after the Kat incident.
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order of the WhiteRose and Los members have been having some run ins lately. I understand how that it gets hard to keep who is in what guild straight. Some of those run ins included guild members as well as no guild members helping to confuse matter more.

Just a side note:

I do not believe in Guild Wars. So yes, LoS and us have been clashing lately on an incident by incident bassis. Just becuase you did something yesterday, doesn't mean that we will be taking action against you everytime we see you. I believe that if you are going about your own bussiness (and that bussiness is not victimizing someone) then we will leave you be. "An eye for an eye", pretty much sums up my general philosphy.
I like Conrad, am not anti-thief ( we have theives in the Order) or anti-LoS. We just have philosphy differences that will inheritaly keep us continuing to have clashes from time to time.
Kat was removed from the Guild Roster because of that little incident. No one in the Order of the WhiteRose may declare a guild war against another guild but me.

Who Me?
Zeriox
Master

XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my Fighting guild is only on the paper for now, and has only 1 member, but i do know that i have some experience with clans/guilds, and i think ill get it up and running in a matter of weeks..

but here is the suggestion:

Either a equipable cape, a ring or a unequipable katana: (or another light, med weapon, like shortsword. Just as a symbol for the guild, but haste and Disipline should still work.)

Disipline +20 (or something)
Haste
Tenser Transformation 1/day (dyso day, right?) The ultimate meele spell

I would really like the last 1, because the fighters guild is for non- casters, and it would be nice if we had some spells, or at least 1 good fighting spell... I would also like if it would last more than like 9 turns or something... more like xx minutes. That would be cool.

I think the ring would be the best way of solving the problem, because evrybody can equip them.

This is the best i can think about..

FreDriK1

"<LaRs>I have just formattet my hd, how can i unformat it?"

Moments....
Zeriox
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have read the dm`s post, and i think
that the Tenser Transformation should grow in length (and possibly other stats on the spell) after u grow lvl.. but i still think the spell should last at least some time more than the original at lvl 5.

Moments....
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really should think about creating a guild with a purpose...you jsut started and now you want a guild item? i dont want to sound mean but that is just pure arrogence, besides gesh is on vaction, so no nachos for you
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Hash ... put your philosophy into play! Communism, baby, he's entitled to everything you've worked hard for ... doesn't matter that he's just started.
Glorin
PostSun 10/13/02 6:21pm
conrad ur trying to drag that argument into another thread?  Reply with quote

Zeriox
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ey! i just wanted to check if we could possibly have the item when we get organised... i know we r not yet, so there is no reason to make it... it was just a suggestion, and dont make a big deal out of it.. besides, the broderhood of the sword isnt a real threat to you yet, so whats the prob??

FreDriK1

Moments....
Conrad Hollows
PostSun 10/13/02 8:08pm
I was poking a little fun at Hash ... taking his assertions to the next logical conclusion. I found it rather amusing, actually.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSun 10/13/02 9:12pm
icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a difference between a computer game and reality, in a computer game it is alright to be mean and bougeoise, because nobody actally gets hurt
Glorin
PostSun 10/13/02 10:14pm
brotherhood of the sword?? what if i join but i use an axe?? lol just kiddin ya  Reply with quote

Zeriox
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_exclaim.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_exclaim.gif

Moments....
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: fear Reply with quote

Hash may not have to fear to broderhood yet but your spelling and grammar is pretty scary lol. icon_smile.gif
Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostMon 10/14/02 8:08pm
i kant spul goud  Reply with quote

munificent
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Mercenary Guild suggestion - A scripter's hell? Reply with quote

My idea for the guild item for the proposed mercenary guild is all about automation.

I would like the guild to carry out all manner of contracts (not just killing, all sorts of stuff), and for players and DMs to be able to post these quests IN GAME to a guild representative, of whom there would be one in each city, with a possible HQ in Tuskan.

Guild members would carry an item that would tell them of quests they could do appropriate to their character level, or bigger quests they could be involved in. I would like some system of letting players be 'on the clock' so they could get a reward every time they assisted with a quest, and a big reward every time they completed one.

As its name suggests, the Mercenary guild is all about doing tasks for money, and I hope to make it very timezone friendly (as I myself play in the UK). The side effect of this item would be to make the player glow a different colour to anyone else when the TAB key was depressed, thus everyone could tell Mercs at a glance.

Basically I would like some kind of in-game, intelligent BBS that allowed players to participate in guild activities at all times, and without having to alternate between the game and the forums.

What do people think?

James

PS - Please see the Mercenary Guild thread for more info on what I propose this guild does.
Halokon
PostSun 10/27/02 7:28pm
Not asking much huh? lol  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercenary Guild suggestion - A scripter's hell? Reply with quote

munificent wrote:

That selfish Jesus
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus my savior
My favorite flavor
I give the lord, to my kids

God, saves all, the universe (universe), this...is just....a sin

Jesus my savior
My favorite flavor
I give the lord. to my kids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: