DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Order of the Shining Blade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. well Ogt the GOOD cleric (even tho hes neutral alignment) gathered an army for the forces of "good" and i take it out by myself by standing in one spot. I hardly think the forces of good have ne light left.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on Glorin, do you really think that any forces rallied by OGT are representative of the forces of good? Or representative of anything for that matter. After the way he acted when I was in a game once I wouldnt rally to his side if all the forces of evil were against him and he was the last person standing between the evil forces and total destruction of all that is just!
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on linux for the most part ... evenings eastern time, but when Bri does the migration magic, you should see me about win32 more often. I used to play a bit over there before but ended up finding a home on the linux side. You'll know me when you see me, more than likely. icon_smile.gif

I think Glorin has somewhat missed the point with what the Order is about ... this isn't a bunch of do-goodies running around aimlessly trying to smite evil. I see the Order of the Shining Blade only doing such things when there is a clear and present cause for such. I view the lawful aspect of alignment (be it LG or LN or even LE) as meaning that these characters follow things via due process. Just because someone or something is "evil" doesn't mean it deserves death, but when they slaugher some innocents ... then retribution would be in order. It's the difference between "thinking evil" and actually "doing evil," a difference that few keep in mind.

The order may sometimes run "afoul" of the chaotic ranks as much as the evil ranks, if that makes any sense. The Order would be interested in preserving whatever the accepted laws of a given area are ... or at the least not interfering with them unless they touch upon some greater and binding issue.

On the item sets ... none of the item sets I've seen in game cover every single possible item other than the mithril. The Order's set leaves some things out for personal customization. That said ... I think it's rather impossible to enforce people wearing the uniforms and I wouldn't advocate doing so. These sets are, however, going to be better than most of the generic stuff out there which means folks will wear them more than they don't.
Glorin
PostThu 09/19/02 10:15pm
ogt is just stupid......  Reply with quote

Weyr Wyrmfang
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: At last... Reply with quote

Weyr Wyrmfang, Order of the Shining Blade, Cleric of the highest acheivement.. at your service.

icon_twisted.gif Level 20 rocks!

WW
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weyr ... you must have been playing all day while most of us were working. I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or wonder about your future usefullness to humanity at large. ;D
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little update ...

Vrish's player is working on a guildhall set up with some input from me and hopefully its something we can provide to Gesh to either include as is or at least give him something to model off of.

roster stuff ... here's the characters that have had players express to me either here or in game that they wanted to sign up ... there are some folks from win32 I haven't included because when I was talking with them on nux, heh, the server decided to take a powder. I also have a sneaky feeling I missed a couple somewhere icon_smile.gif So that said, if you want in and don't see your character, please let me know and rest assured it wasn't intentional. icon_smile.gif

Argorn
Conrad Hollows
Heironomus Stone
Kei Galimon
Lauren Bruden
Mikey Wolf-
Serin Desifer
Stort Stenras
Vrishnak Lencian
Weyr Wyrmfang
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:55 am    Post subject: Guildhall and stuff... Reply with quote

I offered to code a guildhall and the items for Conrad and I'm in the process as I post this. I'm not too shabby with the toolset and so long as gesh, bri, and the other admins are willing to approve and implement what I build The Order will be up and running (at least on linux server) very soon. As for the itemset, I will be able to finish that soon as well though I suspect that will be a little trickier to have it implemented since the admins are very wary of anything that might throw off the game balance. If I'm just spinning my wheels on this admins, please let me know now so I don't waste anymore time trying to build the guildhall and stuff because I'm more than willing to do it but I don't wanna be turned down after working on it for some of my free time. Some of you might have noticed my other posts about a wilderness guild, hehe. With so few responses that idea died faster than a bandit on my blade so I've joined up with the order for a better planned and definitely more supported idea.

Scorp57 (Vrishnak Lencian)
Weyr Wyrmfang
PostSat 09/21/02 4:12am
Vrish has trouble talking... how come he can use a computer?

WW

XPhoenixX
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know people, they CAN'T, and I mean legally can't, use anything that you make other than items. Any zone, houses, guild halls, etc. cannot be used for Dysotopia due to copywright restrictions. If it cannot be exported and taken off server, it HAS to be made by the Dysotopia staff. At least thats what I have heard Gesh say many times. Hope this saved you a little time.
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorp -- you may very well be spinning your wheels regarding the guildhall construction. Gesh has previously said that they can take no contributions from players to the Dyso world, except in the form of items, and ideas.

The reason for this is Bioware's EULA for NWN, which states (roughly) that any mod built with the NWN toolset and released to the public cannot be sold by the creator, and furthermore, that Bioware has the right to sell that mod themselves if they wish! (This doesn't apply to items, because they're cross-server).

Consequently, Gesh is "never" releasing Dyso, and won't accept contributions to it due to this situation. He may be able to clarify this further -- but for now, you may want to avoid spending more time on the hall itself. Item contributions are definitely ok, though.

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Scorp and myself, we were looking at it more along the lines of being something that, at the very least, Gesh could look at and see the general idea of what was in mind. Use what he could, ditch what he couldn't, etc. I hadn't considered the EULA as being binding to something sent between two people ... I read it as more a "if you make a mod and release it publically" which is more in step with putting the mod up on Neverwinter Vault or the like. I do, however, see where the obsfucation at work would make Gesh et al reluctant to test the proverbial waters ...
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Guildhall thing... Reply with quote

Well it is possible that that would be the case but if it is completely necessary I would write a disclaimer taking the guildhall completely out of my hands. The intent of my building is not to get my name in the credits or some crap like that but to make dyso get built faster and get up and running for real for us player types that much faster. Also, It would be nice to have more guildhalls besides the mage guild and gesh probably doesn't have the time to do such minor, almost personal favors, by building guildhalls for each new one that comes up. I'm just offering to hand him a layout with some basic scripts for doors and such so that he can look it over in about 10 minutes and cut and paste it into the mod with minimal work. If this is not possible then thats ok, you guys are entitled to run the construction of the mod as you see fit but I really think that the people like me who are serious about helping out could be a real asset for building if you gave us a chance. Thats just what my opinion is on the matter and if having people like me submit guildhalls and such is going to be too much complication, then I'll stop now. I definitely can see the drawbacks of 20 or 30 wannabe builders sending in all sorts of wacked out areas for you to add and how much of an annoyance it would be to try and make them stop heh.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Just an idea Reply with quote

I just had a thought before I logged off, if I added an extra chair to the guildhall and they cut it out and added a rug, wouldn't it be modified and technically their work? Lol, Kinda corny idea but it just seems foolish to turn down someone else's time and effort if they're willing to give it for free and without any catches or fine print heh.
LordStriker
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Joining Reply with quote

My charcters name is Lord Striker and I would like to join. It's a paladin, lawful good. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
PostSun 09/22/02 1:13am
Pull up a seat, Striker ... always happy to have another amongst the ranks.  Reply with quote

XPhoenixX
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, are most of the people in the guild on Linux or Win32? BTW Conrad, dont forget to add my other, and hopefully better, paladin Elessar to the ranks of the Shining Blade.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix ... "done and done"

Insofar as who is where and all that jazz ... with the migration and server share, we're all in both places. What it boils down to is where do we all play most and, right now, it's split about 70%/30% in favor of the Linux box. I do plan on making fairly frequent forays over to win32, however.

And hey ... to the crew last night ... sorry about vanishing on you ... was hitting some real weird stuff and then my client just totally croaked. Had to reboot and all and then by that point I was tired so I just went to bed.
Radra Schee
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, hi, Tink is a new member of the order.

Can't wait till there is a guild base to go to icon_biggrin.gif

I only play on the win32, so I got that area covered icon_wink.gif
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back atcha, Tink. icon_smile.gif We've picked up some good folks from the win32 crowd and now that the servers are sharing the same vault, we'll see more of folks playing a bit on both ... which is very nice indeed.

Recent additions, besides Tink, are Kane Stewart, Asterith, Crupal, Rago, Aspen, Vurg Hancien and Akar. We're up to 23 right now. icon_smile.gif Getting to the point where we're gonna need to have a nux regimen and a win32 regimen with these kind of turnout.

"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
XPhoenixX
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it seems we are getting quite a following now. I'm seeing a lot more good people joining our cause. I am also enjoying playing with everyone in the guild. As to having a regimen on each server, I don't think thats necessary. It would probably be better with just letting people play on whatever server they want, it will probably work out just as well since we do have people on both servers already, and you plan to play on both. Now if we just had a place to meet to discuss the guild's direction in game, so we dont have to make this post HUGE with things that non-guildies dont want to hear. Any suggestions?
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that I'd want to limit people to one server or the other ... I like to be able to move around between them. What we could have, however, is a few who are sorta the lieutenants for particular servers. It's not really necessary, I suppose ... but it'd make it easier for folks to find each other perhaps.

And I think I'd be all in favor of a meeting place either in game (which I think I've made clear enough to the point that Gesh probably wants me to shut up heh heh) and/or a board here should Fooz feel so behooved.
XPhoenixX
Master

XP
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the lieutenants idea and would gladly be one if u wish me to, for either server it doesnt really matter to me. I believe this is the part where I say, "I am at your command."
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know as we'll totally need it just yet ... but I am giving it some thought and we'll see. icon_smile.gif As things are right now it appears we're all hooking up party wise with each other pretty well regardless of server, can't ask for much more than that.
Weyr Wyrmfang
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Members of the Order of the Shining Blade Reply with quote

If members could announce themselves, it would be really nice. It's a way for other members to get to know you. And it's helpful for me to know who's join my group and if I should be helping them, etc.!

WW
Cleric of the Order of the Shining Blade
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
asterith
Master

XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking in folks!

Win32 player, so I have yet to meet you Conrad, or many of the other members for that matter, but I'm looking forward to it. Conrad, if we have ideas for guild items, how should we proceed on getting them approved? Post the specs here first? maybe email/private message you?

I'm playing almost 100% with my monk, Asterith Varan, so any members of the Order please feel free to introduce yourselves. icon_biggrin.gif

Asterith
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Asterith ... we'll bump into each other eventually, I am sure. I think part of it is TZ differentials. You're on the left coast and I am on the right coast ... so our sessions may somewhat be off.

Guild items and guildhall stuff ... to answer your question, I already have a (admittedly somewhat limited -- more could be added later anyhow) set of items submitted to Gesh for inclusion into some sort of a Guildhall for the Order. Basically that much is out of my/our hands currently ... it's when Gesh has the time to work his magic. Personally, I'm thinking one of the buildings in West Eleriina would make a good place for the hall ... but I'm not picky. icon_smile.gif

There seems to be some issue about just who's in and what not ... so I am gonna toss up another roster here to help folks out in that regard. This is a character list, mind you, so some of them have the same player.

Akar
Argorn
Aspen
Asterith Varan
Cold
Cold Touch
Cold Whisper
Conrad Hollows
Crupal
Elessar
Heironomus Stone
Kane Stewart
Kei Galimon
Lauren Bruden
Lord Striker
Mikey Wolf
Nabeshin
Rago
Serin Desifer
Stort Stenras
Tink Melle
Vrishnak Lencian
Vurg Hancien
Weyr Wyrmfang

24 total ... I think I got everyone. icon_biggrin.gif
Glorin
PostMon 09/23/02 10:39pm
jesus christ! i think with that many members u people definately need ur own thread.

fooz?

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh one more thing ... while not an official member of the Order of the Shining Blade, Sham Warner is a druid of great skill and happens to be a bit of a pal of Conrad's. He is someone you can usually depend on for some help if you need it and Conrad (speaking from the character perspective here) thinks rather highly of Sham (despite some philosophical differences ... heh).
Darksins02
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is kira and am a lvl 10 monk right now and i wanted to know if monks can join because they can only be lawful, and if yes what parts of the set itmes will they be allowed to wear because with monks u have to be very careful what u put on them, also i would be very greatful if i can serve ur guild in anyway thank u
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: