DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Order of the Shining Blade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The item set which was sent in is primarily suited towards the "heavies" i.e. fighter-types and/or clerics. Nothing saying that you HAVE to use the items even if you are one of those classes and certainly pieces of the set (helm, ring, bracers, etc) would have use to other classes anyhow. These items as a set work best, however ... individually, they're decent but there are in game items of similar nature (or better).

The main requirement for the Order is not based on character class, but on alignment. The alignment issue may not seem to be a big deal now, but as Dysotopia evolves, alignment will become more of an issue and thus the Order wants characters who's alignments best reflect the Order as a whole ... which would be LG LN and NG. The Order stands against lawlessness and evil ... especially lawless evil. icon_smile.gif As time goes on, we will endeavour to coordinate with the Eleriina Watch as well as others seeking justice and fairness.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Guildhall and Guild item progress. Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:
It's not that I don't appreciate the offered help...but our standards of perfection are the reason I will not allow any outside content into Dysotopia...We have already established a code of excellency and adding outside content would create a lot more work for us because we would have to review other people's work and have to re-conform it to fit into Dysotopia.

If people are so avid about creating NWN pieces there are many open MOD projects out there that you can help with...if you're just wanting to create for Dysotopia...because of the Alpha we will not be taking the time to add user content. Maybe---maybe during beta we will allow used yto submit ideas but we are still developing the core world of Dyso and all of the extra suggestions from users are really side tracking us from the core development of Dyso right now.

So to answer you, in time we will consider this but right now it's privately held and it will remain that way at least until beta.

Gesh

This was Gesh's reply to me about user input so that sounds like a no no on any sort of guildhall or items until beta. They are good guys and are trying really hard on Dyso but they've got a ton of core development to do before beta and everytime a player asks them for this or that to be added, I think it just slows them down. Basically I would suggest in the meantime that we Order members just use one of the main town or buildings therein if we need to bring all our characters together in game. Guild items will have to wait also so we'll just akll have to cope, heh. BTW, Conrad my internet just got shot to hell from a couple days ago because my dad got a new comp and he can't get the internet working on the dam thing and I share a connection through him. I might not be on for a while until we work this out.

Scorp (Vrishnak Lencian)
Akar
PostTue 09/24/02 10:54pm
Can we establish our own thread? icon_cool.gif

Akar

Darksins02
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8 EXP: 1 / 8
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok wel if its like that then Conrad put me in if possible ive been working hard on my monk and am lvl 12 goin to 13 hope to join soon

thx,
SinS
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll add Kira to the roster ... looks like we've attracted a few monks so far ... but then having a generally "lawful" group, I figured that would be the case ... heck, I was sorta counting on it. icon_smile.gif
Aspen
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:26 am    Post subject: Dropping a Line Reply with quote

Heya guys, havent posted anything in the guild thread yet, but just wanted to say I look forward to meeting the other members and Im pleased our other guild has merged with yours conrad, same ideals and power in numbers icon_smile.gif

If any of you didnt know, Asterith and I will be representing the guild at the tournament this saturday, if you dont know anything about it or times, just give a shout and someone will answer.

If you ever in trouble or see trouble and need help, always remember you can request other guild members to come straight away to resolve the problem.

That's all for now
Aspen
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some general announcements as it were ...

I've decided to appoint a total of four Lieutenants for the Order. These four individuals shall serve as my primary eyes and ears should I be attending to other matters or be otherwise unavailable. I have selected three thus far ... there will be a fourth ... of which there are few individuals I am considering. It seems a couple may have been lost in the wipe, so that essentially narrows it down a hair. There are many deserving, but I am trying to give a multi-class flavor to the leadership of the Order, proving we are not just fighters and warriors.

The Lieutenants will be able to do some limited recruiting and certainly are encouraged to party up with others in the Order during patrols and while assisting the City Watch, helping new Dysotopians, etc. Having four lieutenants as well as myself makes it possible for us to perhaps have 5 or so solid parties roving the lands simultaneously.

The Lieutenants, in conjunction with myself, will be keeping track of the Order's roster. We've had some changes here and there, but we'll be addressing the current lists amongst ourselves privately. Folks are still encouraged to ask about the Order here or even to see about enlisting our help in some matter ... but a lot of the material will end up covered in either PMs or regular email. General banter between Order members is also certainly OK here, should you wish.

I do need the lieutenants to PM me with a chosen regular email account that we can use for group communication (can't CC on forum mail, at least not that I can see).

So without further ado ... the first three of the four Lieutenants are ...

Akar, Aspen, and Lauren Bruden

Honor and duty. :: salute ::
postmortem
PostWed 09/25/02 3:38pm
Congratulations!
I will be at your service anytime, Lieuts.

- Cold

XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Akar, Aspen, and Lauren Bruden. I am at your service any time I am on, just ask. BTW if you ever run into anything that needs picked, detrapped, or whatever, I got a thief just for Guild purposes. Just let me know.
View users profile Send private message
Darksins02
Mortal

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to say thx for putting me in ur guild and that i am at ur service. Also to the new Lieutenants i look forward to playing with u all and if u need anything just shout icon_wink.gif

Thx,
SinS
LordStriker
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Yo Reply with quote

Sounds good! icon_biggrin.gif icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

Congrats to our new lieutenants, I wish I could be around more to meet all of you in game but my internet has been destroyed for the past week or so. The only chances I get to get on are on the school comps like this for a few minutes. Sounds like things are progressing nicely though. Hopefully I'll see some of you this weekend because I think I'm gonna chuck my suddenly utterly useless wireless network card out the window and hardwire my comps to my cable modem. Though I'd like to know what class/level you guys are at least so I get an idea of the guild leadership.
Darksins02
Mortal

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well now that i am in the guild i have a few questions,
1. Who are the people in the guild because i play in Win32 and i dont even know who is in it and i feel bad not saying hi or anything.
2. Are we goin to have specific days for everyone to play and meet everybody?

And on my account i want to delete everyone except Kira whcih is my monk can anyone please tell me how to delete them thx

Thx,
SinS
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now... 3 more people to put on the assassination list.

icon_twisted.gif icon_wink.gif Aspen icon_biggrin.gif emot-yum.gif
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list of the membership (which isn't totally exact, but close enough) has been posted in the past, Sins. The other thing is while you are on one of the servers, you can always look for myself, Aspen, Akar, or Lauren Bruden and they can more than likely steer you towards others from the Order who are currently roaming the realms.
Darksins02
Mortal

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thx i really look forward to playing with u all because am always on but i enver see nobody icon_sad.gif

Thx,
SinS
Noodle
Mortal

XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After rather sudden alignment change and me leaving UFO due to...conflicts of interest...me want to offer me hammer to cause...me play on Win32 server...me hope that Tink will back mes up on me application to the Order.

Dread Noodle
Neutral Good
19 fighter/1 barb
Tank to end All Tanks
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noodle ... get in touch with either myself, Aspen, Akar, or Lauren Bruden on one of the servers when you see us and we can discuss matters and so forth. See you!
BloodAngel
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16
 6%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this will carry much weight but Dread Noodle is a good and stout lad of a trustworthy nature. You would do well to allow him in.

B icon_twisted.gif [/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some restructuring being done to stay better in touch and organized ... an update ... credit to Lt. Akar for the suggestion ...

the following "ranks" will be instituted.

Commander
Lt. Commander
Knight
Squire

As of this time, Conrad Hollows is the Commander, while Akar, Aspen, and Lauren Bruden are the Lt. Commanders (a 4th is close to being named). All other members of the Order will be considered squires. Squire is the entry level rank and with action and deeds that further the reputation of the Order, Squires will be subject to being Knighted. To begin with, once we have the 4th Lt. Commander in place, we will be picking several Knights from the current ranks.

What's the role of the Knight? Besides being in line to become a Lt. Commander at some point, the Knights are the main face of the Order of the Shining Blade. While squires are usually still doing their own adventures to a degree, Knights devote most of their time to Order business. Knights are the ones banding together with like-minded adventurers in need of help to accomplish some task, for example. Knights are encouraged to group with squires and evaluate their skills and worth ... alternatively, the Lt. Commanders may call upon the Knights for the formation of expedition or war-parties when needs warrant it. Knights may petition the commanders on behalf of a squire to be knighted ... but knighting is something that remains within the dominion of command.

That's it for now. icon_smile.gif
XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Conrad and Akar. Looking forward to seeing the Order become more organized. Since it seems that we are all doing a pretty good job of grouping together anyway, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to execute this plan and it should greatly enhance our Order.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will work out well and gives folks a chance for advancement and so forth. If the group should get very large, more ranks will probably be added ... but 4 tiers is about all we need now.

A couple other things I wanted to point out/address ...

First -- a big "huzzah" for Lt. Aspen and his victory in the arena tourney. It does seem, however, that plenty of folks were pick-pocketed while they watched and/or while they fought. It was something we fully expected to happen and it's good to see we were correct in that assumption.

Second -- RPing IC/OOC info is an issue that is a big deal to me. Just because you know something, your character may not ... furthermore, just because you play another character, everything that character says and does isn't necessarily something that your other character(s) know or are a part of. Be true to your character and don't play it like they are all extensions of yourself (with you as some collective hivemind). It's not that its against the rules, but it is pretty damn lame.
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your order is nothing but a bunch of lies and "good" propaganda
were all of you good end up being just as evil and the true evil ones
but you become evil without a face
it ends up being you wont spare change to the poor, you create business and technology and put people out of the job
guilds are basically monoplies over one specific area of intrest
are monoplies not evil?
you are just as evil as i, just as evil as glorin, jsut as evil as falkhor
the list goes on
the order of the shining blade will be crushed by the Lost Guard Of Glorin and they will tremble at the very name of Glorin
the living will invade your homes and cities
rape and pillage the countryside
you will be trapped within elerina
no chance of escape
and if the living fall.......the undead will replace them
an overwhelmig army of zombies bent on the takign of human life
this, and your "good" are equally evil
Ogt
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as soon my god the all mighty Octher Replaces his dead processor i shall shut your evil mouth hash

PRAISE THE LIGHT!!!

p.d. HAHHAHa i laugh at your undead armies I can turn 1000 in 1 second "OGT LAUGHS AT YOU"

Ogt the good cleric''
Conrad Hollows
PostSun 09/29/02 4:52pm
Methinks Mr. Pink Hashamore has been dipping into those funny smelling mushrooms again.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fooz has told me that a private forum for the Order is essentially on order ... so look for further news. icon_smile.gif
Doug the Average
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25 EXP: 21 / 25
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad, we have passed each other many times on the roads of this land. You have helped me a few times for which I am in your debt. I had wanted to join your ranks until I discovered that your alignment restrictions will not allow it (CG). Be it known that I am a friend of your group and will answer the call should you ever need of my services.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogt is octher a real FR god?

and the undead in this game are cheap, u saw gesh's revisions on dragons for yourself ogt, gesh is revising all creatures, my undead will be the undead in the crypt only 50X harder.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,

Your support is always welcome, my friend. While not everyone may be a member of the Order of the Shining Blade, the Order does have many friends who assist it but are not members for a variety of reasons ... sometimes it's personal choice, sometimes its worldview outlook (alignment), sometimes its something else ... but be assured that the Order knows its friends and looks after them.
Ogt
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no octher is just the playername

well i still laugh at your udead "HA HA HA", but "vi far ser"

as for the dragons, when you see 20 players trying to kill a dragon and IT DOESNT GO DOWN well thats just a JOKE!

reminds me of a game called Asheron's Call, parties of 60 people trying to kill a dragon, only 10% live to see the beast fall down, oh well life sucks

"LAUGHS AT GLORINS ARMY OF UNDEAD HA HA HA "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: