DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Paladin

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
BORHANIX
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Paladin Reply with quote

Greetings all,

If anyone here is familiar with Paladin characters, I will need some general advice and information, especially on the dysotopia game world..

a) Deity: I saw a list of deities on the website, I think its not uptodate, and I dont know if its implemented into 3.xx.. So if I create in 3.xx with deity Torm, will anything happen? If so, where can I find the uptodate list of deities, or more info.

b) Weapon: Right, to my knowledge, Paladin weapons are usually great swords, in BG it was Carsomyr: The Holy Avenger.. Is there a paladin sword in dysotopia? If so what type, also, is there a weapon in dysotopia with dispel magic, such as axe of culling etc..

c) Statistics: I would appreciate your opinion on statistics for paladins, also the argument of how usefull their spells are in dysotopia, as there seems to be books for everything here.. At least everything I use from the paladins spells, is there any point investing into wisdom?

d) Order: Again, in BG it was the Radiant Heart order, is there such an order of holy paladins in dysotopia?

e) Tradeskills: I heard they might be implemented in 3.xx.. Im not sure, please explain, All I noticed was the woodcutting skill from 2.xx..

f) Equipment: Aparty from weapons, anything in general I should look out for or seek to obtain..

g) Ressurection: Is that something you can train like woodcutting? Shouldnt paladins and clerics have higher chances of ressurection? Druids and elves have +s when resting outdoors etc, do paladins have any such custom abilities?

If there is anything I didnt ask which you might think is usefull, please let me know, im thirsty for paladin knowledge, again, especially on this server..

Many thanks for your time,

Borhan.
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, let's start:

a)Deities are not implemented in 3.xx, the only reason to have a deity, is roleplay reasons. Since you're a paladin, you had better choose one icon_wink.gif

b)You can use a weapon of your choice, I do know that there was a Carsomyr sword in 2.xx, but I'm not totally sure if it's there in 3.xx. But if I were you, I'd go for a greatsword. And the books have all been removed, so investing in spells is now much more usefull.

c)Well, I'd say average to high charisma and strength. About 12 dex or so. Constitution 10-14. Wisdom the same as constitution. Intelligence 10-14.

d)Well, there is the Order of the Shining Blade, but there's no use applying, because they seek you out. Perhaps you could check out the guilds section for any guild that appeals.

e)Tradeskills are not yet implemented in 3.xx, but probably will be soon.

f)Nope, not really. Just explore and you'll find the stuff you want.

g)Nope, nothing at all. There is the charisma bonus to saves, but that has nothing to do with anything. Besides, tradeskills aren't implemented yet

No problem.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic Paladin Setup: Human

Paladin16/Fighter4 (take fighter lvls 4, 8, 15, 19)

14str (+4, or +2,+2cha)
10dex
14con
14wis
12int (+1 at lvl 12 to allow imp knock or other)
14cha

Skills (if you max out them, choose these)

Conc
Persuade
Taunt (very useful)
Disc

Feats

Focus, Imp Crit, Spec Greatsword
Fort, Reflex, Will
Focus Conc, Disc
Toughness
Knock, Imp Knock

Spells

Bull's Str, Eagle's Splendor (both very useful)
Resist/Endure Elements (stack them)
Death Ward and PFA (theres your immunities sorted)

No deities in 3.x, there are some armours that are more beneficial to paladins than other classes, although not sure about 3.x specifics. There will be a Holy Avenger Greatsword somewhere.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That sounds like an evil exploit...

And why not pure pally? Isn't that alot cooler?
ShadowCore
PostTue 03/18/03 6:46pm
And once you multiclass a paladin, you can't take another level in paladin without exploiting. Since when is Uin an exploiter? What a new revelation.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostTue 03/18/03 7:04pm
Hehe...busted, Uin! icon_razz.gif  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works just fine ingame, and happens to all the classes, I think Shadowcore should shut up and let ppl play the game with his constant helpful "advise".
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Quote:

That sounds like an evil exploit...

And why not pure pally? Isn't that alot cooler?

Thast not an exploit, 2 different spells.

Like a mage using SK and Prem.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I let you play the game, I just point out certain things that are exploits. I'm not saying "I hate you for doing it go away and never come back", as long as you don't come after me using exploits, I don't care. But apparently you get pissed about and insult after me after I say two lines in-game. That's just not right. But I won't post any pics or stuff up here, because I don't have anything personal against you, even though you have something against me.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GorbGuy
PostTue 03/18/03 8:25pm
Locked for the obvious.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: