DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rabid Animals in Butterfly Fields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Rabid Animals in Butterfly Fields Reply with quote

Hello all.

Firstly I would like to speak on behalf of all druids who have encountered similar experiences in the Butterfly Fields (for a long time...). PLEASE KINDLY MAKE THE ANIMALS THERE NEUTRAL/ FRIENDLY TOWARDS DRUIDS AND RANGERS!!!!!! icon_evil.gif It's been rather unpleasant when a druid walks into Butterfly Fields and gets attacked by a horde of creatures that he or she has sworn to protect, only to have their auto-defence mechanism kick in and have the creatures killed senselessly! IT'S NOT GOOD FOR ROLEPLAYING TO HAVE DRUIDS KILLING THE ANIMALS!!!!!!

I have tried chopping down a tree as a druid (to check things out), and the scripting on the trees forbids druids to do so (as it is their duty to protect nature and not to harm it). Now I don't see why the animals shouldn't have some sort of scripting that prevents them from turning hostile upon DRUIDS AND RANGERS. This is wrong!!

We protect nature and wildlife! NOT TO BE ASSAULTED BY THEM!! WAAARGH!!! PLEASE KINDLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! PLEASE!!!
*starts to convulse and foams*

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
Malakalam
PostThu 03/27/03 8:01pm
The animals should probably be neutral to all, an act cowardly towards non-druids. I am not set on by squirrels as soon as I step out of my house.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIYAZ SNARES DOGGY!!!

On a less spam note, I agree with this. However, animal empathy does have its uses (and good ones at that!) icon_smile.gif

BTW- what's your character name, snares?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snares=Snares

Anyway, I do agree with you, Snares, and I also agree with Malakalam. I found it very irritating to be attacked every time I walk through there, while I like animals(but I'm not a druid..)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Malakalam's idea. About animal empathy, it only allows you to dominate one creature at a time and when you're up against a horde of angry dire badgers, it gets kinda messy... (It would be nice if the animals responded to animal empathy with dialogues. *shrugs*)

Anyway, I hope something can be done about the hostility of the creatures there... (it's been an issue seemingly unspoken of since the second era...) Thank you very much. badger loves for everyone. badger.gif

FoxBoyTails wrote:

BTW- what's your character name, snares?

I'm sorry to inform you that Snares is... dead... He did not... survive the Wipe... You might want to speak with Kerberious though...
Kindo
PostFri 03/28/03 12:17pm
Aren't DIRE animals like evil? Aren't those supposed to be like something of a were?  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Werebears are LG, and Werewolves are Lawful, normally neut to evil. Not sure how diseased chars alignment would work, I suppose the same animals alignment when morphed and your own alignment when normal. Depends how much the transformation takes over your mind.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working out how to make druids make automatic animal empathy checks if they're near an animal so when it succeeds the animals leave the druid alone.
Kuma! Where's ma script! icon_surprised.gif icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When an animal sees a druid, it automatically thinks, Human(etc.) I hate humans. Then you talk to it to calm it down. It would be nice if you talked to 1 animal of a group to calm the rest however.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most druids have attempted to talk with that one particular animal, though very much to their misfortune, that animal turns upon the rest of his own friends, and they start killing each other in some frenzy until there're bodies everywhere. and no, dire creatures aren't exactly all evil. The worgs however are an evil breed of dire wolves.
Malakalam
PostFri 03/28/03 4:59pm
yep, worgs are pretty much the only creature in BF that should attack on sight other than the bone golem  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostFri 03/28/03 5:41pm
ER, what about those tigers/leopards or whatever they're called? And I am quite sure that Dire animals are mad too.  Reply with quote

Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, dires are more or less like a kind of sub species or relatives if you will. Generally of a stronger, larger evolution. And the felines (jaguars, leopards, crag cats, etc.) should be protected as well, at least by rangers and druids they ought to be (beginning to sound like some environmentalist here...).

As for lycanthropes (werewolves, werecats, wererats, werebears, weretigers) most of them are generally along the lines of being neutral. Some are evil, some just mind their own daily lives.

I certainly wish we could do more with our animal empathy abilities though... *ponders*
Gullener
PostFri 03/28/03 8:08pm
I completely agree with you Snares, and if you think fleeing is an option, try going trough the rift gate while a badger is assaulting you.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 03/28/03 8:15pm
What about Winter Wolves... aren't they evil? And Werewolves are always Chaotic Evil.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostFri 03/28/03 10:23pm
Coolest warewolf quest/campaign must be the one in BG-TotSC. Hope everyone tried that one.  Reply with quote

Shin2k
PostFri 03/28/03 10:34pm
Oh Did I tell anyone this... but with a Supreme high Animal Emphaty you can CHARM or even DOMINATE the dark lord.... AND ITS TRUE GO TRY IT  Reply with quote

Snares
PostSun 03/30/03 5:46am
Urm... are you sure...? *looks at Shin2k skeptically* Animal Empathy works only on animals and beasts, not other monster types...  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSun 03/30/03 5:47am
its true, i saw a druid try and empathy a dragon, didnt work hehe naughty.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: