DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I love having no Time Stop disrupting play, Ban Time Stop!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: I love having no Time Stop disrupting play, Ban Time Stop!! Reply with quote

One difference between 2.x and 3.x is, I love having no time stop disrupting play all the time.

While I realize that Wiz/Soc can be tempted to build a character based on this one spell...

Time stop has no place in a server with 40+ people playing.

I choose not to play Sor/Wiz because I consider Time Stop in a crowded PW to be *much* more rude than a shout.

My question is, "If we ban Time Stop, what if anything should we compensate Wiz/Sor who would normally get Time Stop?"

Remember with 2.x people were doing Time Stop all the time despite the penalty of the Planar Being.

Coral Reef
View users profile Send private message Send email
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still appaled that people already have time stop.

That set aside I think the only compenstaion would be to impower or give them
additional spells ? Extra spell slots ?

I dont think it will fly eaither way, people like time stop alot, and, I'm sure there are plenty of arguements to keep it in play.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Selenia_Genoell
PostFri 03/28/03 5:01pm
The only time stops currently are off of scrolls or DM characters/monsters  Reply with quote

Nei
PostFri 03/28/03 5:02pm
yeah timestop is cool by me and I don't play a spell caster anymore. It gets irritating sometimes. Just don't abuse it and I'm all for it.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ban Time Stop, then I think the Wiz/Sorcs should be compensated with an item that allows them to stop time for 5 seconds.

Seriously, my vote is NOT to ban this, it is a part of NWN. And as has been posted here before, there are intelligent and yes, even constructive uses for it.

Maybe increase the chance of something "bad" happening when cast, or make it cost a little XP, something along those lines. But don't ban it.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a problem. It only lasts for, what is it, 5-10 seconds? That's nothing. And anyone abusing it, casting it several times just to bug people, will get kicked.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Selenia_Genoell
PostFri 03/28/03 6:47pm
I also has a 5 minute delay between castings. They can't cast it terribly quickly.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ban time stop, it's a legal spell, and wizzies and sorcs should be able to use it. Ofcourse, extensive use should be punished, but that doesn't mean that you should totally ban it.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see the spell effect reworked, so that instead of freezing time on the whole server it would just "paralyze" all creatures in the caster's current area. I think this would have the same practical effect as the normal Timestop, but without being an annoyance to all players on the server.

The only downside I see is that it just doesn't look as cool if everything (including falling leaves, etc.) doesn't literally freeze in place. But overall I'd rather have it changed to affect just the one area.

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
View users profile Send private message Send email
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I vote 'yes' for keeping time stop!

It has its uses, and is totally acceptable for me, provided people aren't abusing it.

And on a side note, timestop lasts for exactly 9 seconds real time.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
PostFri 03/28/03 8:26pm
9 seconds isn't much, so you should be able to live with it as long as it is not abused.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have fixed it, just need some ppl to come test it in a quick little mod i made. i made it so timestop only applies to the area the caster is in. if this works, maybe geshtal and bri will use it huh?

edit: before ppl can come test i have to open a port on my firewall and i can only support a few ppl.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we should ban everything, i mean seriously.

(notes Nei's quote below)

badger.gif

badger.gif

badger.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny because it's true! lol

anyway, about the timestop thing, i need 3 ppl to come test but im not ready yet, theres some complications with hosting it, i think i can do it tomarrow. theres also a potential problem wit hthe fix which i havent tested yet. if it turns out that thats not a problem then i can test it and maybe it will make it onto dyso!
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'd rather see the spell effect reworked, so that instead of freezing time on the whole server it would just "paralyze" all creatures in the caster's current area. I think this would have the same practical effect as the normal Timestop, but without being an annoyance to all players on the server.

The only downside I see is that it just doesn't look as cool if everything (including falling leaves, etc.) doesn't literally freeze in place. But overall I'd rather have it changed to affect just the one area.

wouldnt work

if you had immune to paralize, your immune to timestop
Shin2k
PostSat 03/29/03 12:34am
Well it would be like immune to death magic and wail, get it marine?

oh and I dont want to be rude... but Im hungry

Shadowleaf
PostSat 03/29/03 12:39am
hey guys, didnt u see my post? i fixed it so it only timestops the area of the caster!

edit: but i need some ppl to help me test it

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd come, but i'm worried that it'll kill me and everyone i love, shadow.

TS is fine. [D&D rules]
It works essentially as a mass haste, so if someone casts it, it SHOULD work for the entire server[/D&D rules]. it all comes down to Bioware planning this for a max of 10 people in a single game, like a D&D gaming session, but much faster (in progress)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time stop dont bother me if its controled .The only time it bugs me if one the sever is already lagging bad and if they keep doing it . Then it starts to bug me its one thing to die by lag and another thing to die from a time stop spell.
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. And as mentioned if someone does it too much then they'll get a talking to, then a spanking, and then a bullet in the head.

Seriously, you can't want something banned just because it bugs you. It's part of the game. Deal with it.

Oh wait, I hate people who just powergame all the damn time, and I want them banned. Oh well. I already knew I was a hyper-crit.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but why would u want the whole server to be effected? it makes no sence, who care if some1 is casting timestop somehwere else, do u need to know about it? should you care? no, you shouldnt
Glorin
PostSat 03/29/03 6:12am
i think the ban fest is coming back  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostSat 03/29/03 6:35am
That's cuz the mods are getting antsy and are itchin to put the BEAT DOWN on porr little me...  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostSat 03/29/03 10:21am
Place and standard european time please Shadowleaf. I'd like to see your thing.  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

err if times stopped and youre good RP ers how do you know times stopped ic anyway?....simply its there its not a real problem **abuse is dealt with**gives you time to stretch yer fingers or straighten yer mouse cord.Self intrest no never had TS never used it.Let the lame Mages have a chance.Come on people Muric of the short hairy stumbling legs needs all the help he can get.Let him keep his TS.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Shin2k
PostSat 03/29/03 2:28pm
M-K Is right bout roleplaying timestop... but well let's just hope nobody abuses it and we'll all get along with TS just fine.!  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok all the bugs are worked out except one possible thing and thats why i need to test it so i need 3 ppl, i have a tiny mod ready to test on and so all i need is 3 ppl.

i dont have a time set up yet, i am working out the hosting issues, ill have to get back to u guys on that, but for now i need some ppl wh oare interested in seeing it. i cant do this without 3 ppl. after that just wait a bit, i might be ready today.

EDIT: dont worry if u are against my fix, even if it works, its up to Bri and/or Geshtal if they want it so relax, maybe they wont want it.
Shadowleaf
PostSun 03/30/03 4:15am
k so im doing the test now, anyone who wants to see it send a pm and we can arrange something later, sorry falkhor  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped in one of my coma's for a bit. I can spend about 2 weeks with about 5 hours of sleep a day, then after a while my body says:" ok enough" and drops me to sleep for about 12 hours straight. Glad to hear you got it worked out though.
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, false alarm, it didnt work cussing.gif but im close!

edit: i cant have it ready until tomarrow. so for now, anyone who wants to test it send a pm, the ppl who said they would seemed not to excited and would rather play anyway icon_mad.gif so, once i have 3 ppl we will all meet on dyso main, ill those ppl the password and we will test it

i did learn one thing though, the server program has a memory leak even without ppl in it cussing.gif . that would explain the dyso crashes. even after i quit, the virtual memory usage increased by a megabyte every 30 seconds. thats pretty bad huh?

cussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gif

edit: hee hee look at this:
cussing.gifcussing.gifcussing.gif
icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: