DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

NEWS FROM THE REALMS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: NEWS FROM THE REALMS! Reply with quote

(IC news giving the public a bit of backstory on an event ... granted only the guilty ---and the DMs--- know all the details)

ELERIINA NEWS--

BATTLE WEST OF THE CITY

Jo'donnah Lew'uth, Elven Mage of Mystra and a diplomat from Eleriina, and her bodyguards have gone missing on the Southern Coast. Reports from local authorities indicate she was to meet with Frederick Tinsdale, a diplomat from the city of Neverwinter who was bringing a trade treaty to be discussed and perhaps ratified. The group from Eleriina were last seen in the Southern Shore Inn ... where they purchased food and drink and then met with the party from Neverwinter. Locals in the area all reported having seen a few halflings and an apparent human in the area ... though the number of halflings varied from 2 to 4 depending on who was asked.

Evidence of a tremendous battle was found in the upper floor of the Inn ... scorches and burns from fire and lightning but there were apparently none left to tell the tale of what took place. The Inn's barkeep insisted repeatedly that the human was a druid walking around with a wolf ... and that one of the of halflings was AliZee Malderbrook. Another halfling, indentified by the waitress as only Swiftblade, is sought by authorities as a possible material witness. The investigation is on going and it is possible that the Order of the Shining Blade may be called in to conduct further investigation. Lord Knight Hollows was, however, unavailable for comment.

NEVERWINTER NEWS--

TREACHERY IN DYSOTOPIA

Frederick Tinsdale, Lord Nasher's appointed emissary to the newly discovered land of Dysotopia, has apparently met with a grim fate. Tinsdale, overseas with his wife Emily and their two children, was to meet with representatives from the distant city of Eleriina in hopes of solidifying a trade treaty to Neverwinter's benefit. Reports from authorities on the island indicate that the entire Neverwinter group, including the Tinsdale family as well as Boddyknock Glinkle and Daelan Red Tiger, were killed in an apparent ambush lead by druids and halflings. More details are as yet unavailable as local authorities continue their investigation.

Lord Nasher refused to comment much on the matter, only saying that he expressed his sorrow and grief at this terrible loss. Arin Gend indicated that Neverwinter would do whatever it could to see that justice is done and those responisble for this crime are punished. Sir Raphael Lyons, Master at Arms and cousin to Tinsdale, expressed outrage and a demand for justice. "We citizens of Neverwinter shall not abide the brutal and murderous acts of the barbarians across the sea. Justice shall be had and shall be done ... my cousin was a good and wealthy man ... no degree of robbery this foul can go unanswered. I shall press Lord Nasher for an expeditionary party to bring justice to these godless heathens."
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite terrible when international relations are disturbed like this. It would not be good for business if this gets out of hand. That being said we should prepare for possible repercussions flowing from this incident. I hope the authorities in Neverwinter and Dysotopia are wise enough to prevent fullscale war.
View users profile Send private message
Nei
PostSat 03/29/03 3:12pm
You know I'll stand beside you through thick and thin Falkhor.

-Lilly

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is due to the fact that the citys lack proper government and control over the state. They depend on the king to save them and not even he can do that, a state will fall into anarchy with freedoms given, as such you must Have Complete control over the state. Only then can you avoid future incidents such as this.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* Always there is murder, always there is violence, always there is breeding and scheming for war. I do not get it....

Hmm, I will be holding a protest march on this matter in a while, anyone interested can notify me((OOC:PM)) to ask for a time and place. War must not be held...
/Shadow Randor

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Randor the pacificst monk....have you learned nothing? ur foolish protests will bring you nothing, If its war they want let them bring it on, perhaps the fools in Eleriina will realize their government has failed them then.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protests can change a lot of things, Glorin, the mind of the public can change a lot. Noone wants to have his own people rebelling or protesting against them, and that is why this may work. And even if it doesn't work..it can't hurt to try.

/Shadow Randor

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This protests are the perfect oppertunity for these 'evil' people to display their powers against the community. I would like to inform you that being passive will not get us anywhere.

We must cleanse this land of all evil and we will finally have a perfect city to live in.....
Though I am not sure if anyone would like this 'perfect' city....
Evil can not be completely destroyed, but neither can good. We live in a world of balance, no protest, war or person that will ever change that.
-Phazer
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you can protest simply bides more into the reason for this whole fiasco. The government here holds on control over its citizens, it is anarchy in eleriina and none do anything to stop it.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have to disagree with you both, I have seen evil men and women rpent themselves and stop their evil ways more than once...we should give everyone the chance to do that, and we shouldn't destroy every evil being we encounter...

And Glorin, I see that you would prefer the death of many men and women over a peaceful solution....I cannot agree with that.

/Shadow Randor

Glorin
PostSun 03/30/03 8:03pm
The Death of many men and women would bring more population to Naratyr..so yea.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
Glorin....there is a big problem with your attitude. You should realise that death is NOt a good thing..and can never bring about good things...

/Shadow Randor

Glorin
PostSun 03/30/03 8:11pm
Well more population in my city means more money because more people buy things and more people buy houses...so yea death does bring good things.  Reply with quote

Marine436
PostMon 03/31/03 5:42pm
Your a Fool Glorin, see if i ever Help you anymore  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah Glorin! How'd you do that? I've been trying my hardest to get that insane, shar worshipping, halfling hating, genocidal killer off of my back for over a week now. Please give me some pointers so I can live my life in peace and comfort.

-Lilly
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Marine436
PostMon 03/31/03 5:56pm
Lilly, Shove it, i said i wouldnt help Him, i Didnt say i wouldnt Raise him

I dont help you, Doesnt mean im going to let you Bleed

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVERWINTER NEWS --

MISSING OR KILLED IN DYSOTOPIA?

Reports have begun to trickle in from our team of scrying mages and other soothsayers that the intial landing party from our glorious City of Neverwinter has been eliminated. Details are not completely clear due to apparently other powerful magics in the area and doubly compounded by the distance across the sea. Nonetheless, scenes of a huge battle between our forces and the local population of the island nation have been divined before all went black, which one mage conceded is normally associated with all "friendlies" in an area being killed.

Sir Raphael Lyons, himself not yet on his way, immediately consulted with Lord Nasher and convinced our liege to allocate more troops to this expeditionary force ... many of which are already en route across the sea. More ships are being fitted with supplies at this time to prepare for more soldiers and a departure in the very near future. In his comments to this reported, Lyons painted a very desperate and grave picture.

"It seems that the barbarians of that island are not willing to deal with the matters of law and justice. It seems our boys were brutally slaughtered as they stepped off their ship ... it is terrible that this one group landed so much earlier than the others, they never stood a chance. We seek to bring the guilty to stand trial for their crimes ... instead the locals protect and hide the criminals. I will have to oversee the investigation myself ... and it appears none of the barbarians can be trusted further than one can throw one."
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent news and rumors ...

Spiders were found to be plaguing the Eleriina Sewers recently ... causing great alarm. Drow involvement was suspected, but no Drow were seen. Troops from Neverwinter, conducting their criminal investigation, prepared to take control of the situation and keep the plague of spiders at bay ... but ended up standing aside when local Dysotopians got the situation well in hand. Rumors indicated that some of the Neverwintans were jumped and killed by rogues as they attempted to leave the City of Eleriina.

Reports have come in from the Jeshan shores that a large group of Neverwintans landed there a few nights ago and set up quite a large camp. Rumors indicate that they were there scouting and perparing for more investigation and questioning as well as looking for the three main suspects ... Alizee, Hurin, and Selven. They also seemed interested in perhaps talking to someone they consider a material witness ... one called Carloth. Talk seemed to indicate that the Neverwintans had a small fleet off the Dysotopian coast where the bulk of their forces were in waiting ... that also seemed to be where their leader, Sir Raphael Lyons, was spending most of his time. The exact size of the fleet or number of troops was unknown ... also unknown was whether this fleet was blockading other vessels.

Lyons did make it clear he was willing to offer bounties for those who would assist in the location and apprehension of those wanted for detention and questioning.
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTENTION::

I, AliZee' Malderbrook am going to hand myself over to tha tallie authoritys.
However,
i am NOT guilty of stinky murder, or of a being a stinky thief.
i must be assured of tha tallies honesty and fairness...
in order for tha tallies to do this...for them to show me there sincerity towards justice...
they must give ALL halflings individually tha sum amount of 100k GOLD pieces each.
whether this comes from the neverwinters tallies....or tha dyso's tallies....dosnt matter to me....just that my halfling kin recieve tha said amount, and when they do, i will hand myself over.

awaiting your reply,

AliZee' Malderbrook.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee', If you're going, then I'm a going with you. They don't have any choice, I'll stowaway if I have ta, but you're not gonna have to leave without having any good company. I don't really know what we're doing or where we're going, but I do know that my good friend Ali isn't going alone.

-Lilly
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the Neverwintians could bring some control into this land, as obviously the current administrations hold no control over there people seeing as the Murders of these Neverwintian Diplomats have gone without investiagtion by the Dysotopians themselves, as always the Administrations rely on others to do their business for them, in this case they rely on the Neverwintians to investiagte the murders. I say Alizee, Hurin, and Selven be jailed, interrogated, and then publically executed if they refuse to confess, Even if they are not guilty it will atleast give an example to the peoples of dysotopia that such Crimes will not go unpunished and atleast show the government has control over itself.......but noooo just let an invading army take us over and let them do it....babbling and weak governments...
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty....im lowering it to 20k GOLD for each of tha halfings... icon_biggrin.gif
also, if tha terms for surrender are met, i will be handing myself over to Muric.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight...inorder for you to pay for your crime, the Neverwintians must pay all of your friends 20,000 gold pieces and after that you shall be given into the hands of the "locals" and "barbarians" who the Neverwintians claim are protecting you....makes no sense to me, would be much easier to see ur head on a stake.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin, you have to understand, withut Ali, we halflings are basically out of the bussiness, and we'll need something to live on. You don't want hordes of hungry little halflings begging in the street, do you?
And those 20k would make us able to survive until Ali comes back, cleaned of all accusations...
Brynn
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCERPTS FROM LEAFLET SCATTERED AROUND ELERINA

Once they were Law officers!
Now they are diplomats
Now they demand that only they can spaek for all
Only they can spaek to the never Winter trooops
We have had a military takeover connived with Never winter it seems

OPPOSE THE JUNTA
OPPOSE OPPRESION
OPPOSE THE OSB

Who gave them the right to give away our soil seeded with our BLOOD
Who gave them the right to impose their view
Who gave them the right to make Laws

Are thet the only voice
Are they speaking for you
Are they working for you

Everydqay the Junta extends its power claiming it in the name of the King .The right to uphold the law they HAVE.The right to negotiate on our behalf NO.
The right to give away Lord Kravens Lands NO
The right to give away our citizens NO
The Evil of The Junta wishes diplomacy with our enemies BUT no diplomacy with the people of this fair land.
It believes it has the right to IMPOSE its views to enforce its views and to brach no criticism.
Do you want to be ruled by Men in Iron with Hearts of Iron

Oppose the Generals
Oppose the Junta
OPPOSE THE OSB

Unless they are willing to talk to all the people of Dyso when making there decisions for us...but it seems they are NOT

IT seems we are in the Thrall of a Military Junta with mouthpieces like Brightblade and Whitewind.Some of which have dubious links to the Neverwinter Military Force.

Why do they allow armed troops to Land
Why do they oppose any opposition to this invasion
Why do they have secret dinners with NW leaders

CONSPIRACY they give away our land won weith our blood

OPPOSE THE JUNTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***many of these leaflets were found before the members of the OSB could pick them all up or force passing citezens to give them back are they so scared of opinions?
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Who are the Junta? Furthermore, we're all immigrants, this land wasn't won with our blood. Lastly - I have never known the OSB to do anything more than protect thier fort and possibly the path to Kravenwood.

Quote:

Why do they allow armed troops to Land

They don't have a navy to stop them with?

All I have to say to the Neverwinter Soldiers and Peace Keepers is "Welcome! I hope you impose a decent justice system that I can help support, as our current King seems most uninterested in that sort of thing."
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((from Conrad's perspective, looking over one of the leaflets))

It would seem that there are those who believe outright war with a force with superior numbers and nearly limitless supplies is a prudent decision. I'm not inclined to agree with throwing the lives of the people of Dysotopia under the wheels of the Neverwinter war machine.

Members of the OSB have indeed apparently taken the lead in negotiations, but certainly input from others is always welcome. We cannot and shall not forbid others from speaking to the Neverwintans ... they need to see we are not the ruthless barbarians they seem to think we are. This is the only way we can hope to achieve a peaceful conclusion to these matters.

Let it be known, however ... if the Neverwintans are bent on conquest, we shall do whatever is necessary to turn them back and send them back across the sea. Diplomacy and reason must guide us ... yet if we are faced with those unwilling to be diplomatic or reasonable, then there is little other choice but to fight as otherwise we shall surely just be killed. We must collectively tread carefully but also be aware of the potential threat.
SunTzi
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13
 53%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for my part am still not sure about those Neverwinterians... I had a brother in law who fought with them alongside and from what he was telling me they were brave soldiers and honest fighters. Maybe it would help to send a diplomate to them and explain what happen. For the longer we wait the less Fürst Nasher can do but launching a full scale war...and after all Nasher is a reasonable leader and avoids bloodshed wereever possible. And I mean a real representitive of the people...
*grumbles*
Maybe even the Halflings should send one to pledge for mercy. But dont you try to rob the delegates or sth. *looks at a spezial Hallfling... and sees written in his eyes in capital letters "GOLD ! ! !"* it might make things worse than they already are.
*drinks a beer*
We need assistence in the upcoming war against the Drows...adn we might be lucky and persuade the Neverwinterians to join our battle if we can somehow convince them that it wasnt some Halfing out of our town but some hired Hitman from the Drows... *looks around*

(Lemli)
AliZee'
PostMon 04/07/03 7:32pm
oh i would turn myself in to Sir Conrad Sir too....hes an honest tallie too  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad, when has the OSB ever stood up for the rights of the land? When has it ever done anything but sit inside the castle and Feast all day and enjoy its riches, an elitist group of nobles who only wants to avoid war to prevent their precious castle of Food and Wine and luxury to be saved.

Who has done things for civil rights? Who has acted for the people?
Well i would say that would be ogt, if anyone is to defend this land it should be ogt, the rightful Kung of dysotopia! Think on it a moment, OSB has never done anything for anyone, while Ogt actually has a strong following. Who better to fight this war than the drunken cleric....Diplomacy, negotiations....they are foolish talk of weak and babbling leaders you cannot get anything done with talk, it is only action that brings success, action is something Ogt has been and always will be willing to take.

ogt for kung.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: