DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Who would like to see an official court with some power
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Should there be an official court with the power to decide IC criminal cases
Yes, I feel that a court would help and be a good RP medium
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Yes, a court is a good idea but I do not support giving them official power
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
No, I fear for an abuse of power and feel this would inhibit RP more than help it
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No, I just do not think this will help in the least
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
undecided/indifferent
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Message
Nei
Hero


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 558

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Who would like to see an official court with some power Reply with quote

First off this is an OOC poll so please vote and respond as players.

Definition of official power: A contract agreed by players that whatever is decided by the court will be followed by all parties involved. If any party fails to follow the court's ruling some action such as jailing will occur.

Okay a lot of frustrations have been coming out lately and there is really no good way to get back at an evil player other than more evil. This just tends to get both sides frustrated and upset with each other. I would really like to see an objective official court that has the power to enforce their rulings. So people who were stolen from and could submit evidence of the fact would have a chance to legally regain their missing property. Cases would have to be brought to the court, the court would not go in search of cases. Furthermore, this court would not have the final say if a player feels they still haven't been done justice or feels the court was somehow out of order, maybe a council or single DM if one is around could overturn any court ruling. Something along these lines I think would open up new RP opportunities and relieve some of the tension between players. Please let me know what you all think. Also please add any amendments, ideas, or insight you can offer. Thanks for your cooperation.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Jase
PostSun 03/30/03 9:33pm
Yes BUT it MUST be with people we all trust.........  Reply with quote
 
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is

in Naratyr there is a court house, when people are accused of a crime they pay the state for a lawyer, there are prosecutors and judges as well.

All you need to do is tell Bri to add Gallows, torture, and jailing for naratyr and tell Zedium to hurry up with making it and your golden.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity


Joined: 11 Sep 2002
Posts: 2332

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it'd be like Judge judy.

You don't know if its real, you don't really care, and if one of the participants went berzerk nobody could stop them because the guards are too busy trying to look important.

You couldn't get the real PKers to participate, because they'd just run off.



glorin Likes spamburgers (Grill up some slices of spam, add tomato, lettuce, and other toppings, place on a bun and serve it to the family!)



Hey! we ran out!
What? HEY MORE SPAM!
*copied off a spam commercial*
_________________
Matthijs says:
   oh ja, ik weet het zonet nog niet
Matthijs says:
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase
Elder


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 951

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
glorin Likes spamburgers (Grill up some slices of spam, add tomato, lettuce, and other toppings, place on a bun and serve it to the family!)

Hey! we ran out!
What? HEY MORE SPAM!
*copied off a spam commercial*



.............. no comment but anyway i agree with TP i guess. And as for the spam commercial i think i'm going to make one!
_________________
Module Developer
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 558

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jase wrote:
Yes BUT it MUST be with people we all trust.........


I agree, I'm not even saying I should be on it. If this does go through, I think we all as players should maybe vote who we'd like to see on this court.

As for the damn powergamers... I know... I know. Pisses me off too. But what sparked this was the Marine/Ogt incedent. Both of them would play this out. I guess it's just more for the players than for the powergamers who don't care for RP. But this is why I want people to talk it out. Thanks for your input.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Jase
Elder


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 951

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nei"]
Jase wrote:
Yes BUT it MUST be with people we all trust.........


its Lord Jase Halycon now mwhahahahahah
_________________
Module Developer
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 558

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:

when people are accused of a crime they pay the state for a lawyer, there are prosecutors and judges as well.


I like this idea a lot. more occupations for Dyso. I also think that the hiring of good lawyers may even increase the participation of players.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Little Teapot
PostSun 03/30/03 9:57pm
would we get to use pursuade?

*no!*

damn...
 Reply with quote
 
Jase
Elder


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 951

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Teapot wrote:
would we get to use pursuade?

*no!*

damn...


since when was the law "fair"?
_________________
Module Developer
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
PostSun 03/30/03 9:59pm
since before there was Pursuade checks... I WANT TO USE PURSUADE CHECKS SO THE LAW ISN'T FAIR!!!  Reply with quote
 
Jase
PostSun 03/30/03 10:00pm
lol  Reply with quote
 
Kindo
PostSun 03/30/03 10:00pm
Nice spam topic.  Reply with quote
 
Nei
Hero


Joined: 05 Feb 2003
Posts: 558

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Teapot wrote:
would we get to use pursuade?


Great idea! The lawyers or characters could use their persuade skills against on another with the evidence presented if any being a secret modifier set by the judges. I'm liking the suggestions, although I'm kind of doubting the possibilities of actual implementation.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Little Teapot
PostSun 03/30/03 10:03pm
yeah... lets not do that then...  Reply with quote
 
Nei
PostSun 03/30/03 10:05pm
Topic rendered impotent by Spam war... *gives up*  Reply with quote
 
Little Teapot
PostSun 03/30/03 10:06pm
YAYS!!
can Bob Dole sponsor the topic now?
 Reply with quote
 
Ogt
PostSun 03/30/03 11:05pm
I WANT TO BE JUDGE OGGY!!!!!!!  Reply with quote
 
ShadowCore
Great Deity


Joined: 25 Nov 2002
Posts: 2833

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse everyone likes a court, but it has been suggested a couple of times before, every time with overwhelming yes votes, but nothing ever happened...and I doubt something will happen this time.
_________________

Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking this in character -
We, the High Council, have gone through a recent purge of our ranks, removing those that we felt were not up to the standards of impartial judges, and are now quite willing to become such a judging body. I can assure you that we would judge fairly and impartially, with no bias towards or against race or religion.

If we find that there are simply more cases than we can currently handle, we will recruit more judges based on thier backgrounds and a test we will administer.

Currently our ranks are Malakalam, Isendur, and Nei. (and Karise if she's still around.. which she doesn't appear to be.)
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Uin
PostMon 03/31/03 11:36am
Or you could just get a paladin of tyr to do it. *points to OSB*  Reply with quote
 
M-K
PostMon 03/31/03 11:51am
They be corrupt well some of them be very corrupt.**OSB**  Reply with quote
 
Uin
Hardass


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 1555

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Sirris would detect the corrupt ones with her inherent paladin abilities. icon_confused.gif
_________________
Your Friendly Scottish Hardass Ex-Moderator
Stone Deaf
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ectovult
PostMon 03/31/03 8:26pm
Im a Cleric of Tyr icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote
 
Shin2k
PostMon 03/31/03 8:39pm
Ill be honest today: I don't care...

As long as its done by players so it improves rp,
Keep em coming... (the good ideas)
 Reply with quote
 
Malakalam
PostMon 03/31/03 8:43pm
I thought the OSB were paladins of Helm?  Reply with quote
 
Maelstrom696969
PostMon 03/31/03 8:51pm
No, they're Paladins with helms.

Oh! Stop it! OMG! That's too much!

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!
 Reply with quote
 
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop the spam, there are already court systems being built into dyso, mainly the ones in Naratyr. When the city is near release im going to ask for moderators (we need at least 1 person to patrol for every time zone span) and also prosecutors, Defense lawyers are provided by the state.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer


Joined: 18 Dec 2002
Posts: 1837

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I hope we can have public executions. That would be sooo w00t

And for those charged with misdemeanors, they have to pick up the trash along Gerberria Reef.
_________________
"Great warrior? Ah! Wars not make one great!"
yinyang.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol there are those too

in my city, Naratyr, there will be torture, jailing, public hangings, possibly public beheadings as well as a PC run court system.
Just bug Bri and Zedium and the city will be brought into play sooner, did i also mention public housing? and talking NPCs and commoners, and much much more?

btw this isnt jsut theory, Zedium is currently working on the project but Bri needs to add in all the scripts afterwards. the talking commoners and such are already in, court house is being built, houses are already put in place and more coming. There is an execution square for the masses to look on at the hangings and such. The torture, gallows, and jailing system is something i have asked bri to add before the city goes live.

Naratyr will have
1. an active lord
2. an active guard
3. RP laws and systems set up that reflect the alignment of the administration, not just copy and pasted Eula laws. (like kravenwood and Eleriina)


trust me you'll all enjoy it i think.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group