DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Firewood is too damn expensive!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
whopsumburg
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Firewood is too damn expensive!!! Reply with quote

I am UNBERABLY UPSET and TORQUED OFF at the impact of some of the economic changes in Dysotopia.

I can understand having to BUY firewood. But HOLY FRIGGING COW... it ought to be 1 or 2 GP a bundle, not 59 GP!!!

I have spent THREE EVENINGS on Dysotopia, DIED A DOZEN TIMES, and I CANNOT GET ENOUGH MONEY to buy a FRIGGING BUNDLE OF FIREWOOD.

I am KILLING THIEVES in ELLERINA VALLEY. I get KILLED at the SECOND GROUP because I am a THIRD LEVEL MAGE who CANNOT BUILD A FRIGGING FIRE so I can HEAL and MEMORIZE SOME FRIGGING SPELLS!

OF COURSE I CANNOT AFFORD A HEALER'S KIT EITHER... GAWD FORBID!

If I would have known I would not have been able to get back to the training island, I would have never left!!! But I really wanted to, so I could PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS WHO ALL LEFT THE FRIGGING ISLAND AS FAST AS THEY COULD BECAUSE IT IS BORING.

Some BASIC NEEDS FRIGGING ITEMS ought NOT TO BE so UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE!!!

Cure Light Wound potions should be $5!!!
+1 Healer Kits should be $1!!!
Firewood should be $1!!!

Tell me why these things should be so FRIGGING EXPENSIVE???
View users profile Send private message
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try talking to one of the glowy trees (there should be one in the valley near the funny ogre heart man). It will tell you to equip an axe and bash it to get firewood. Then go get a handaxe (1gp or so), return to the tree and know that you never have to pay for someone else to chop wood again.

I also suggest you start looking for parties - Dyso is not easy on your own unless you know what you are doing. Explore, try things out, look at everything - dont just hack and slash and zap all day long.
African Ape
PostMon 03/31/03 1:47am
If he's a mage then he can't use an axe so he'll just have to save up or ask someone for it.  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were free fires and if came to be with tomodachis where are they one must be able to use an Axe.Youre a mage meant to be intelligent sound like a full blood Orc here use the gray cells**search**look**party**make friends**
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Marine436
PostMon 03/31/03 1:59am
or ask chaotic good nel.  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or have my Lich blow your head off. I don't care get over it. If you can't get the money for firewood BE AN ELF!

anyway I like Camels
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwaahaha, this looks just like my angry post about how much it costs to get food back in the 3-5 day period of hunger tokens.]

I agree, firewood prices were set when everyone was running around with 30k+ in thier pocket, now that I walk around with barely 200 gold, 50gold for 3 charges is way too much. Also, it wieghs a ton, 5.5lbs for enough wood to burn for an hour? Is that right or not? It seems to me it'd be a lot less.

healing kits are fine. They should probably cost more, as healing kits weren't meant to heal damage, only assist in natural healing, cure poisons and disease, and a couple other specialty things.

I'll look up a potion of cure light wounds for you and edit this post with how much that costs to make, I seem to remember it being around 30gp.
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I KINDA feel for you dood. Lets see... I am a cleric, whom also left the Isles at level 3. The bandits... well there is a complimentary fire at both the beginning and end of the path. It doesn't hurt to run back to one, freshen up and charge on. I never fought the bandits myself, I went for bugbears and gnolls. My tip to you if you wanna fight them for free. There is a house located in BOTH areas. The bugbears house is right off the bridge to get to the bugbear area, has a windmill and what not, you can rest for free in there. The gnolls house is to the left and up after you enter that area, again, free resting...

If you just calm down and take CAPS LOCK off... well it isn't that hard. A good idea is to find someone who CAN chop down trees and make good. I have Marcus and hes a pro... hes also a IRON CHEFF. I get all the free wood I want, you might wish to seek him out if he's online... he'll be more than kind to lend you some (just don't be a t00l, Rp it, don't outright say his name and ask).

That's all from me... im outtie five thousy...

[edit] oh yah, theres also ANOTHER way, buuuuuut it's not so nice and kinda not really excepted here... and if not done properly, well you might need a flashlight, or some contacts... icon_wink.gif

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Ill give you the hook up in game. Just keep it in-character.

Marcus is always choppin' a tree or two. Gots to get my woodsmans skills past lvl 15

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Falkhor
PostMon 03/31/03 9:32am
talk to fluke, he handles the wood business.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: