DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Soulseekers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine436 - Nel wrote:
Wrong, hehe if you get hit by a Soul Seaker, nei, their are 4 Death Saves mage vs a DC 28

you got low chances to live, so the better idea, is to take the gate invisble

Why have I never died from one of these things? I've been fighting them since I've been level 8 and first started travelling to Kravenwood.

And Uin it's certain death if a low level walks into a Dragon's lair too, just don't do it if you know that you're going to die. But that's just how I see it.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, don't get me wrong here, but I absolutely HATE that notion of "if the customer is not smart enough to use it, it's broken". I HATE IT!!!! Sorry to say it, but seriously, I know how it is profitable and smart, but I still find it...irritating in some way.

Now THAT is where you are wrong, Uin. Because what would be the downside to using the system then? That's right, there wouldn't be a downside, because the chance of you seing such a beastie is so small, it's not even a real risk. It is fine the way it is, because it instills fear of death, and appreciation for the rift-gate system when they see what it takes to walk from one place to another.
The fact that someone gets killed is GOOD because that's what they were meant for. Like Nei said, they are NOT all that hard, and they are NOT all that common. The only people who can't take them, are low-levels, and that makes it perfect as a level-restriction and anti-powerleveling system..

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the better idea for good clerics is to kill the freaking things! You should feel that it's your duty to kill them! They're really easy, I'm now level 13, and got killed by them once, when level 4. And it was my own fault to even use the gates, cause a) i can't do shit in butterfly or kraven or sylvendale at low level and b) the kuo toa, gnolls or minotaurs are much more appropriate. (Oh, and that way I had some nice little DM events too, i guess if you're in kraven with a low level you shouldn't wonder that you can't find a DM event for your level).
I started using the gates again at lvl 7, and never died once, just killed them.
Sure, maybe they'll score a lucky hit on me sometimes, but who cares?
That's about as likely as getting killed by a healing spell, and hurts just as much icon_mrgreen.gif
(Sorry, couldn't resist icon_razz.gif )
But then, when the good chars on the servers feel it's better let them live so they can kill the low levels icon_rolleyes.gif
(Oh, next time, instead of running invisible, maybe you could gather a few people and kill them with ranged weapons and spell, that'll guarantee that noone dies)
View users profile Send private message
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Why have I never died from one of these things? I've been fighting them since I've been level 8 and first started travelling to Kravenwood.

And Uin it's certain death if a low level walks into a Dragon's lair too, just don't do it if you know that you're going to die. But that's just how I see it.

thats strange, im level 14, and i run like hell from thoese things
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*high fives dreamin'* Right on! I totally agree many of the probelms that have been complained about is because of low level characters going where they shouldn't. I really enjoyed playing with the "stinky lizards" to quote Ali. And like Shadow said, you have to respect the rift gate system. I was actually wondering if they'd start spawning higher level things as I increased in level. These things are a minor nusiance at best.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI The Dysotopian Avengers in Kravenwood do not attack the Soul Seekers. I and a couple of others witnessed this. Bulbo, Nel, and I partied up and killed it WHILE the Dyso Avengers were warning me to put away my weapon. Luckily we killed it before the Avengers killed me.

Now that is NOT fair...how can I defend myself when I can't draw my sword?
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nei/Lilly wrote:

Cause you are lucky. I've died from them 3 or 4 times, and it has been istadeath in every case. And your saves are not that much different than mine cause we were just comparing them in game recently.
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Soulseekers just smell your fear and act accordingly icon_cool.gif

Sorry icon_mrgreen.gif
ShadowCore
PostMon 03/31/03 6:06pm
Or maybe you were unlucky..in any case I think the beasties ARE balanced and that they work FINE.  Reply with quote

Aronthal
Master

XP
 18%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as long as ShadowCore thinks they are fine then I guess that should be good enough for me.

I've made my arguments, and I feel it is broken the way it is.

Am I going to stop playing because of it? No I will just work around the issue.

Am I going to keep complainging about it? No, only a fool tries to move a dense think wall by continuously throwing their opinions at it. icon_eek.gif
ShadowCore
PostMon 03/31/03 6:28pm
Why do you need to be so arrogant? I was merely restating my opinion...  Reply with quote

Aronthal
Master

XP
 18%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Why do you need to be so arrogant? I was merely restating my opinion...

I apologize. That was arrogant of me. You are just as entitled to your opinion as I am.
Kindo
PostMon 03/31/03 7:54pm
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 7:56pm
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
PostMon 03/31/03 7:57pm
emot-heartbeat.gif(sorry, Kindo)
No matter, Aronthal..

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS Shadow! OK; so you've got even less of a life than me! Congrafuckinglations! You are on the forums 24/7 and answers every stupid post you can find, fill your reply with crap! Either some useless goddamn post, repeating what someone said a few posts up, or just yells at some poor newcomer in caps! Yes, ok, I admit, you are the suckiest spammer out there! I admit defeat! But for heaven's freaking sake! Stop ripping off my Heart! You're making it look so goddamn bad! icon_cry.gif

Last edited by Kindo on Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow core u stupid idiot why do u copy kindo's gay form of spam honestly what are you some kind of dumbass i mean u are such a hipocrit you spam all day and its not like any one cares what u have to say unlike me who is attracted to badgers but seriously shadow core u stupid idiot why do u copy kindo's gay form of spam honestly what are you some kind of dumbass i mean u are such a hipocrit you spam all day and its not like any one cares what u have to say unlike me who is attracted to badgers but seriously shadow core u stupid idiot why do u copy kindo's gay form of spam honestly what are you some kind of dumbass i mean u are such a hipocrit you spam all day and its not like any one cares what u have to say unlike me who is attracted to badgers but seriously.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: