DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

new rule for EULA about PVP

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: new rule for EULA about PVP Reply with quote

I think we should make it a rule that you set the person you are going to attack to hostile before attacking them unless attempting to take them by surprise.
I was attacked by a half orc who apparently was insulted by the comments "please stop doing that" (he was hacking at a bench with his bastard sword) followed by a "*sigh*" (when he didn't stop)
He followed me into a pvp zone and beat my character up. I had NO idea he was upset with me until he started attacking, in fact when I saw him, the words out of my mouth were the standard "hello".
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Drudley
PostTue 04/01/03 6:27am
Ummm, what would clicking a little button on the player list change to your character?  Reply with quote
 
Marine436
PostTue 04/01/03 6:53am
In real life, when you walk up to some one, you can see if they are Friendly, neutral, Or hostile

It's not that hard
 Reply with quote
 
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In real life, when you walk up to some one, you can see if they are Friendly, neutral, Or hostile


exactly, I've tried to point that out several times

There is a very clear difference between the way I approach someone to say hello and the way I approach someone to slice open thier stomach, and a trained adventurer should be able to tell the difference. I always set someone to hostile as soon as I no longer trust them around me, as its a way of sending a clear message "I don't like you, I don't trust you, if you attempt to approach me, I will defend myself"
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Y
Guest




Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried it , been there, does not work.

what will append is:

1) you ll get ooc tells: why did you blablabla
2) you ll get kos
3) and the worst part there the status is reset as soon as you change title (may be it has been fixed by bioware i dis not check recently)
Back to top
ElbowJoint
Mortal


Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 23

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it now:

"Excuse me, I'm Chaotic Evil... So let me change my alignment, er... uhmm... sheesh this thing.... er.. O.k. Now I'm going to bash your skull into pieces"

I think if you have intentions to hurt someone, you're going "get it while it's hot".

Anyway, I just like the fact that you can role play the "bait and switch".
_________________
Edgordan Nash

...a believer in balance...
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
M-K
Elder


Joined: 01 Oct 2002
Posts: 755

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life, when you walk up to some one, you can see if they are Friendly, neutral, Or hostile ...MARINE
exactly, I've tried to point that out several times ...MALAKEM

Really so why do people open doors to people who kill them.Why do women start talking to men that rape them.Really thats nonsense you can usually tell by stereotype and pre conception what people are like.The ones you can tell are usually the ones not always I agree that you dont have to fear.Its the quiet innocent ones you really have to watch.If you could tell as easily as you think the Crime rate would halve overnite.serial killers caught in the blink of an eye because you like something dont say its realistic .
_________________
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell


"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity


Joined: 25 Nov 2002
Posts: 2833

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem, M-K, the crime rate would NOt limit overnight, simply because there is still a little thing called proof.

Anyway, I don't think it should be made a rule to set yourself to hostile. BUT there should at least be some kind of warning. What that half-orc did to Malakalam was just stupid and shouldn't have happened. SOMETHING shoudl have been said. ANYTHING. But making it a rule to be hostile is taking it a bit yoo far and a bit too irritating as well. I couldn't respond to someone by attacking anymore, because I would have to wait that long to be able to find the guy and set this thing to hostile that he would already have been gone.
_________________

Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 1687

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MK, im Not talking about that and ethier is Malakalm, if your trying to Sneak up on one Sure, dont change it (the hostile thing)

but we are talking about if some one walks up with you


swords being Drawn from there sheath, is ANouther SIghn, i try to use as Nel

doesnt matter, 2/3 the damn server doesnt read the boards, maybe for all the spam (eyes GLorin and teapot)

anyways, it was just a idea

(Edited, or clerity, sorry messiah, god damn, do i spell bad a 7 00 clock AM)
_________________
PHEAR DA CORD !


Last edited by Marine436 on Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Messiah
Grandmaster


Joined: 17 Jan 2003
Posts: 253

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33
 87%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine436 - Nel wrote:
MK, im Not talking about that and no is Malakalm, if your trying to Sneak up on one Sure, dont change it

but we are talking about if some one walks up with you


swords being Draw, is ANouther SIghn, i try to useas Nel


anyways, it was jus a idea


Can someone explain me (who knows Nelish+English) what this means ?
_________________
Messiah

" I want a reason to die for , to make it beautiful to live "

Founder - coleader of the eXiled Spirits<xS>
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when two armies approach each other, are they obviously hostile? with all that warcries and such? obviously.
when a gang of thugs approach you in an alley, a lot of the time you can tell if they intend to beat the shit out of you, or continue past you.
when someone is about to get into a fight with you, (fight for show, not like trying to slit your throat and take your money, think fight in school or back alley whupping type fight) you can tell!

As for swords being drawn, thats fine in reality, but it doesn't tell you jack in a world where everyone keeps thier swords out as soon as they leave the guarded area of town.

Quote:

Really so why do people open doors to people who kill them.

thats someone trying to surprise someone, they certainly do not act hostile until they are inside. at which point they probably start acting completely different than the way they acted outside. "shut up bitch or I'll stab you" etc etc.
Quote:

Why do women start talking to men that rape them.

because when you're trying to rape someone, you generally don't act like it. A rapist waits until he has an oppurtunity before he becomes hostile, and rapes the person.
Quote:

Really thats nonsense you can usually tell by stereotype and pre conception what people are like.The ones you can tell are usually the ones not always I agree that you dont have to fear.Its the quiet innocent ones you really have to watch.If you could tell as easily as you think the Crime rate would halve overnite.serial killers caught in the blink of an eye because you like something dont say its realistic .

You're missing the point entirely. I'm talking about the guy who wants to scare the shit out of me, who gets pissed at something I did, then does a lot of pushing and posturing to make me back down from whatever I've done. Those people are clearly hostile. So are two armies fighting each other, they're clearly hostile towards each other (except on rare occasions). Another example - the person following me down the road, if he's trying to catch up to me to talk, he acts different than if he's trying to catch up to me to put a sword through my back.

The biggest thing about going hostile in NWN is that it gives things like attacks of opportunity. If a mage does not go hostile before blasting you with his spell, you do not get an attack of opportunity against him, something which is almost exploiting.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
M-K
Elder


Joined: 01 Oct 2002
Posts: 755

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree scare intimidate but kill no.They usually move unseen .Most people are killed by people they know.In terms of risk the most dangerous people youll meet are your family.
_________________
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell


"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
PostSat 04/05/03 5:11am
Thats current day though, where there is law enforcement and such, and if I kill someone chances are pretty fair I'll go to jail for it.  Reply with quote
 
M-K
PostSat 04/05/03 5:48am
Not if you live in many parts of the world ....where law enforcement is corrupt at best and non existant at its worst.  Reply with quote
 
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam did give me an idea on wars tho, perhaps in Rebirth or even in 3.xa it would be possible to "Declare War" on a guild, as part of the guild item, which on use turns anyone in the server with the selected guild item, hostile.

Say the LGOG declares war on the OSB.

use special power on the lgog item, select Declare War on OSB.

The mod checks for all people with the OSB guild item that are on, all people with that item are then turned hostile to that person. or perhaps to the guild itself.

would make things alot easier rather than before a battle looking through the player list for possible members you may be fighting.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder


Joined: 01 Oct 2002
Posts: 755

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for long times usually armies have flags and uniforms so that the different sides knew who to kill or attack.Some weightless shirt that would make army same color //flags on back would possible be a way too
_________________
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell


"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Ogt
Elder


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 865

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine436 - Nel wrote:
In real life, when you walk up to some one, you can see if they are Friendly, neutral, Or hostile

It's not that hard


well thats not true

remember anhibal lecter? or however you say it

he is very friendly with the people he eats icon_biggrin.gif
_________________
OGT the kung of the world!!!!!! king.gif
no more kitten =(
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group